Someone on our server lost +12 g15 fists in pk mode

Comments

• Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    The problem I see is that in practice dropping expensive items is not really a consequence of PK. There are people who die a lot but are careful about carrying enough GS or watching their safety lock. They don't drop stuff and don't suffer the consequence of dropping hard worked items.

Dropping expensive stuff happens not because you PK but because you make the stupid mistake of forgetting a GS. It's not a punishment of PK, it's a punishment of PK while making a tiny mistake. Having such a potentially large punishment for a small mistake is dumb.

You can't really say it's a large punishment as a person with all level 1 gear would drop the same amount. This honestly is just more of a reason that said person should pay attention to how many GS they have or their safety lock.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    You can't really say it's a large punishment as a person with all level 1 gear would drop the same amount. This honestly is just more of a reason that said person should pay attention to how many GS they have or their safety lock.

Ehhh a level 1 character simply can't drop an item worth hundreds of dollars / hours worked. Again no one is saying he dropped because he PK'd (lots of people PK without dropping). We are saying he dropped because he made a mistake (left GA in bank or miscounted them).

In practice, people only drop really expensive stuff if they make a mistake or if the guardian scrolls glitch. I don't think that's a good system.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Faynalia - Sanctuary
    Faynalia - Sanctuary Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I am not sure I can say that I would give them back...yes, PvP server mentality at work. b:chuckle

Now, I might sell back at a "discounted price" though. b:cute
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Ehhh a level 1 character simply can't drop an item worth hundreds of dollars / hours worked. Again no one is saying he dropped because he PK'd (lots of people PK without dropping). We are saying he dropped because he made a mistake (left GA in bank or miscounted them).

In practice, people only drop really expensive stuff if they make a mistake or if the guardian scrolls glitch. I don't think that's a good system.

Nah talking about a character with grade 1 gear, they can be any level like level 105. My point is you can't say it's any larger of a loss then someone that spent 3 months saving to buy deicides and lose them. Personally it's all relative. Maybe that's a type or player that goes *shrugs* and just charges for another without worry about it. Like I said saying it's a large consequence from a small mistake is all relative.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    My opinion on pk drops... If you drop, sucks to be you. I come from a game where the only reason you pk'd was for drops. It was understood that if you went into the pk area and your died, your stuff was gone and never to be returned unless a friend managed to pick it up for you. People whine and moan over one or two drops, and I'll admit it sucks to lose stuff, it's happened to everyone now and then, but... that's pk. You win some, you lose some, can't really help that unless you carry GS, set safety lock, or bind your gear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    My opinion on pk drops... If you drop, sucks to be you. I come from a game where the only reason you pk'd was for drops. It was understood that if you went into the pk area and your died, your stuff was gone and never to be returned unless a friend managed to pick it up for you. People whine and moan over one or two drops, and I'll admit it sucks to lose stuff, it's happened to everyone now and then, but... that's pk. You win some, you lose some, can't really help that unless you carry GS, set safety lock, or bind your gear.

Did that game have protections that easily fail? PWI has no warning SL is about to expire... no warning you just ran out of GS. In practice you only drop if you make a mistake. You don't drop simply from being PK'd.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Did that game have protections that easily fail? PWI has no warning SL is about to expire... no warning you just ran out of GS. In practice you only drop if you make a mistake. You don't drop simply from being PK'd.

It's not exactly hard to press B and check your supply of GS. As for safety lock, it does have a warning, you just have to press the icon on your screen which people sometimes forget to do in the heat of battle. Most people learn pretty quick to constantly check, others never learn and suffer. I use neither and exercise extreme caution while pking, I keep my white name filter on so I can't hit a white name and if for whatever reason I have it off, such as wanting to fight someone specific, I make sure to allow them to fight back before killing them.

If I even end up dropping I'm not gonna blame game mechanics, it'll be my own fault, just like in most cases it's theirs. I'll agree that dropping something due scrolls messing up is pretty effed up and whoever dropped should get their items back, but if you don't remember to check your supply of GS or SL then it's your own fault.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    The argument of e-peen aside, I LIKE having nice gear. I like farming it, using it, abusing it, buying it, selling it, just about everything but refining it. What I don't like is dropping it.

So I've never gone into PK mode. When I'm good and ready to, I will get some binding charms, put anything unbound into my bank, bind the gear I'm gonna keep long term anyway, fill my inventory with pickaxes, and go have fun.

It's also a reason I decided not to play on a PK server. I like having nice gear, I don't like spending the money on GA's so I don't lose it all during PK.

This is a poitn where I think that PWI needs to steal ideas from other games in terms of PVP. PVP sucks in PWI, especially compared to just about every other MMO out there. >_>
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Dropping was awesome before safety lock and binding charms. Any pvp you did mattered and it wasn't as herp derp as it is today. Dropping was also a lot more common and added a lot to rivalries when someone dropped.

Ie. On harshlands at the start of the server me and iffy got an hh60 drop when there were only two on the server. The result of that drop was a "perm kos" on us from the largest guild on the server. We then joined a guild which immediately broke apart due to the drama of our kos and then pendulum was formed. It went on to be part of the core of QQme then Zulu and now Catalyst. I'm not saying this happened just because of the drop obviously but a lot of fun on harshlands would have been lost if dropping wasn't in pvp.
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    see there used to be a big difference in pvp and pve with the mantality.

pve its almost always been get high lv and get nice gear and bind but in pvp server a lot of ppl did not do so.
    at this time there was no safety lock and only bind was the way to go but not many used this.
    pve server have always been no matter what you do never drop and enjoy with 0% penalty
    while pvp server was always a risk involved even more so before it is now.

safety lock is the best for all part and be glad it exist as it sure have made drop almost non existent.

shatter sux yes but you never drop it so all u need is to repair it.

there are game where you will drop it all in one go red or not red so stop btching and learn to use sadety lock.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Imagine there was a button on your keyboard right next to the space bar where if you press it you lose $500.

How many of you will be bragging how you're too smart to ever press that button? How many of you will say how you take such awesome precautions so that you are pretty sure you will never accidentally press that button? How many of you proceed to make fun of how stupid the stupid people are who press it?

Considering that its a PvE server. By turning on pk... he himself put the button there. But anyways... I don't think anyone can honestly expect anyone (even guild/squad mates) else to give a dropped item back regardless of the circumstances. People done careless things... I personally have npc a stack of old book pages assuming they are DQ items... dropped 8 digits in coins on floor when trying for a deposit (even saw a nub barb pick it up). **** happens... hes not complaining... so why are we.

Oh... even without logging on... and haven't played seriously for months... i am willing to bet anyone that I have exactly 35 GS in my inventory (full stack in last roll and 15 4th to the last roll)... and at least another full stack on my same account alt bank. If I lost that $500, it would have been my fault for not prying out the button and smashing the circuits.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Mad_Doc - Sanctuary
    Mad_Doc - Sanctuary Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Well here is the thing though. The guy who dropped was killed by another guy. This person ran in and basically stole the drop from another person's pk and tried to sell it for 800M+. Not even sharing or even giving it over to the guy who killed him. They are in the same faction to top that off. Yea it's sad that the guy in pk dropped his stuff, but what gets me is how people PK steal other ppl's kills without even working for it.
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    1st of they stole if from the guy who droped it not the pker who was gona steal it from the guy who dropped it.

its a consequense and its no one but the one who dropped it not the pkers he never bought it.

and again you guys do not want ble name or ather to drop it make sure its far away from athers as a 1vs1 and stop the qq the only one i could feel sorry for is the one who dropped it never the pker as it was never his to begin with god ppl are so dumb.
  • Dinya - Sanctuary
    Dinya - Sanctuary Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    The problem I see is that in practice dropping expensive items is not really a consequence of PK. There are people who die a lot but are careful about carrying enough GS or watching their safety lock. They don't drop stuff and don't suffer the consequence of dropping hard worked items.

Dropping expensive stuff happens not because you PK but because you make the stupid mistake of forgetting a GS. It's not a punishment of PK, it's a punishment of PK while making a tiny mistake. Having such a potentially large punishment for a small mistake is dumb.

It's totally TRUE! Since he have full bind gear with r9 gear, and usually no need get gs since he can't drop anything, he maybe just forget to get gs.....
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    This thread is full of internet win. In like, 'you win the prize' type of win.

Dropping is a penalty associated with killing other players. The more people you kill, the more infamous hours you get, the more likely you will drop. You can avoid this with dolls, SL or binding charms. With dolls, it's easy to keep one from your stack on your skill bar so you know if you've used them all. You pay for the luxury. With safety lock, you don't get a warning, you must manually check how much time you have left. It's your fault if you don't notice that it ran out (and this has happened to me as well). That's just a part of the game.

Also, associating morality to the actions, consequences and rewards of a particular activity in this video game are hilarious. It's a lot like gambling. There is luck as well as bad luck to the individuals involved. If you bet me $1000 I couldn't tie my shoes in 10 seconds and you lost, I would laugh and gladly take your money. According to some who keep PK drops and don't return them being immoral, well you're idiots.

As for drop thieves, they're pretty low and disgusting. I honestly see no difference between a PK drop thief, mold thief or what not, and I will agree that that is reprehensible. But someone's actions in-game hardly represent their real life morality.

Seeing this thread get so large (and yes, I've been reading it since it was first posted) is just lolcatsroflcopterawesomefacefacepalm. Yes, that was ridiculous.... just like most of the comments and responses in this thread.

b:bye
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • RealVonDutch - Sanctuary
    RealVonDutch - Sanctuary Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Where this the fists Bog made?
    Dunno who owned them tho.

Personally, back to topic, I always give stuff back that doesnt belong to me.
    Hell I even give stuff back to people that kept drops from me.
    But yeah, what can I say, Im just that stupid I guess...
    Sins are Scissors, Psychics are Rocks, and Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.

Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock ...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE.
  • Mi$ta - Heavens Tear
    Mi$ta - Heavens Tear Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Where this the fists Bog made?
    Dunno who owned them tho.

Personally, back to topic, I always give stuff back that doesnt belong to me.
    Hell I even give stuff back to people that kept drops from me.
    But yeah, what can I say, Im just that stupid I guess...

They in fact are those same fists, Vladi<3
  • ShadowsBack - Sanctuary
    ShadowsBack - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    damn... Since when does he pk? Or werent they is his possesion?
  • _Nukey_ - Sanctuary
    _Nukey_ - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I have always given back pk drops to my opponents and have encourage my friends to do the same, unless... that person have a really bad reputation. As far as I know the person who dropped them fists isn't the kind that doesn't deserve to get back his drop.

What can I say there are so many variables that come into play when you have to decide if you will return it especially peer pressure.

I'm sorry for your loss, or anyone who have lost and item before just remember what goes around comes around. b:bye
  • Mi$ta - Heavens Tear
    Mi$ta - Heavens Tear Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    damn... Since when does he pk? Or werent they is his possesion?

No, they belonged to another barb :P
  • Ceiba - Sanctuary
    Ceiba - Sanctuary Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I don't like that **** rule that you can drop gears as "Punishment" for getting killed in PVP mode that this game has.

It's obvious that is nothing more than a strategy to sell items that prevent this from happening on the boutique for real life cash, the safety lock thing was something that they did not plan to happen, and even then, they added the shatter feature as way to prevent PPL from using SL too much.

However as much as I disagree with this drop rule, we all agreed with it when going into PK mode, and we all have to live with the consequences, for whatever reason if someone drops something is his own fault esp. in a PVE server, there is no need to trashtalk about it, be a man and learn to live with the consequences of your actions.

• Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    It's obvious that is nothing more than a strategy to sell items that prevent this from happening on the boutique for real life cash, the safety lock thing was something that they did not plan to happen, and even then, they added the shatter feature as way to prevent PPL from using SL too much.

Actually, you're really wrong on this. The drop rule is part of the original developer's game in which actions had irreversible consequences and getting what you had that could drop took a lot of effort to get. Instead of PvEing, if you decide to start killing other players, you gain infamy and a larger chance to drop stuff and the chance to drop equipped items instead of just inventory.

Since then, this game has turned into "cash rules" convenience store game where you can get anything and everything you want quickly by spending the money.

They might as well get rid of it because they've gotten rid of everything else that used to make this game difficult.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • SaiyanGohan - Lost City
    SaiyanGohan - Lost City Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    oh my god, why is this thread still up. Wadzio was one of the first people to drop a +10 item on our server, and this was a while ago, where it was basically +12. This happened on a pvp server. But when it happens on a pve server, people cry and whine about it, I think this thread should be locked, this is an embarrassment to the game.
  • Rolands - Dreamweaver
    Rolands - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    oh my god, why is this thread still up. Wadzio was one of the first people to drop a +10 item on our server, and this was a while ago, where it was basically +12. This happened on a pvp server. But when it happens on a pve server, people cry and whine about it, I think this thread should be locked, this is an embarrassment to the game.

+1
    My opinion WHO CARES
  • Deadlife - Lost City
    Deadlife - Lost City Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    so, a sandwich walks into a bar and the bartender says "sorry, we dont serve food here"
  • AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary
    AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited December 2011

Aaaaaaand let the PVP servers are superior over pve servers hate begin.

Dude seriously ?

Just because people have a different opinion doesn't mean it's a disgrace or a shame.

All you need is something to believe in. -Solar_one. <-- <3 mah snoockums, mah hubby, mah eberyfing. :3

Lag; You think yours is bad ? It took Jesus 3 days to Respawn !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Current games aren't -games- anymore, just light shows operated by win buttons, lol."
    "ah sh*t, were gonna die!.... but it's still cool!" -INTMDATOR
  • Fintan - Lost City
    Fintan - Lost City Posts: 1,245 Arc User
    edited December 2011

And people STILL bring it up... *sigh* b:surrenderb:shutup
    Aaaaaaand let the PVP servers are superior over pve servers hate begin.

Dude seriously ?

Just because people have a different opinion doesn't mean it's a disgrace or a shame.

Where was there a difference of opinion stated? For the past 3.5 years (and prior to that on pre-PWI Perfect World), people have been dropping **** in PvP and it turns into long-term forum threads. It's old news, with new people.

No one's said it doesn't suck (it sucks differently now than it used to, but yeah... in some ways, it sucked less back then but that's way irrelevant to the topic at hand). No one's said that the person who picked it up is necessarily in the right (just that there's no obligation to return it). No one's said that it's a phenomenon unique to either PvP or PvE servers. (Hell, every week LC gets something like this. Or idiots NPCing their high-level gear... b:chuckle)

No one even said that PvP servers are at all superior, just that PvE servers don't spend enough time world-PvPing for this kind of thing to be a regular occurrance. Personally, I think it should be a more regular occurrance, as it will encourage people to pay attention to what they're doing a bit more. (After all, Guardian Scrolls protect against more than PvP deaths. And if someone's forgetting those, what else are they forgetting?) Think that it doesn't work that way? Whenever someone drops something extremely valuable on LC and it hits WC for a day or two, during that time people drop a lot less even if they're just out PKing with their HH70 gear... This is a case where we can extrapolate from a PvP server's normal state of affairs and apply it to what's something of a special case on PvE servers.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    MuSHRooMS - Lost City (currently inviting new members) b:victory
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • monkydluffy
    monkydluffy Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Sadly it happens, I think its stupid that people drop things in PK, but after a close friend dropped his Warsoul helmet with 3 JoSD's and such, I suppose that is the consequences of PK mode, especially on a PvE server. My friend was only doing blackhole for his OHT daily and someone decided to be a jerk and PKed him and he dropped his helm. Is it fair? No, I don't believe it is, but its a possibility. People can drop even while blue named. Even bound gear too if I remember right.

For the person who dropped, it wasn't just dropping the fists that was bad, but the endless trying to sell them by the person who got them, shoving it endlessly in that poor guy's face that he dropped them, and on top of that promising to return them only to not do so. That is the biggest jerk move, but then my friend also had this happen to him, the person said they'd return it, then asked for coin, then said they'd NPCed his helm, then three days later was selling in WC...

The person who got the fists was a mystic in PK from one of the major TW factions (in sanct we should all know who). The guy was in PK mode, he got ganked at west if I remember correctly. Offered money to get them back, etc. Now in Sanctuary we are spammed all day long by this mystic and their alts trying to sell the fists... its annoying and just gathers more and more sympathy for the poor person who dropped them...

lol at helmet story, all friends of this guy didnt know what happen there i was killin mobs when that happen lol, if im not bad he attack first was 1 veno and 1 bm he killed both with tempest, lol how he say that he was killing blackhole lmao he jump over those guys lol and killed both , the bm didnt move but veno towned and i was wtf veno kill this guy and dropped helmet lmao, i ask them this guys what happend cuz i saw this lol its so funny how ppl lost drops and pk the QQ, at the end this guys pay for his helmet again now its bounded lol, for this fist lost dont QQ its a thing called PK if u dont want just dont PK

• Bunnybites - Harshlands
    Bunnybites - Harshlands Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    1st of they stole if from the guy who droped it not the pker who was gona steal it from the guy who dropped it.

its a consequense and its no one but the one who dropped it not the pkers he never bought it.

and again you guys do not want ble name or ather to drop it make sure its far away from athers as a 1vs1 and stop the qq the only one i could feel sorry for is the one who dropped it never the pker as it was never his to begin with god ppl are so dumb.

Ummm huh?
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    this thread so funny.... >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan