Someone on our server lost +12 g15 fists in pk mode

Options

Comments

• dietsnapple
    dietsnapple Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    so cool to hold discussions about someone else's problems on forums-- as if he wasn't embarrassed enough already.
    b:mischievous
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Why would he not have those bound?? b:shocked

I highly doubt he was planning on selling them so..................
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • Dinya - Sanctuary
    Dinya - Sanctuary Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Personally, i don't want this happen to anyone...
    800$ drop for just an error of his part it's just to much!
    He's maybe rich irl but he don't work for others!
    I hope he wil not quit after all investment he gave to the game..
    He's good guy i'm really sad for him
    I think it's the biggest mistake it can happen in this game...
  • Divine_Death - Harshlands
    Divine_Death - Harshlands Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    He should have bind it yes, but people who are saying "he should have used GS or SL" are just stupid. He obviously had SL or GS but ran out and didn't realize.
  • Ruvil - Sanctuary
    Ruvil - Sanctuary Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    People who are saying "he should have used GS or SL" are just stupid. He obviously had SL or GS but ran out and didn't realize.

So who was it that made a "stupid" mistake?? b:chuckle
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Again, LOL.

/boutallthatisneeded
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Don't know what I would do if I dropped any +12 G15 weapon, simply because I'm not that stupid to spend that much cash on a game in the first place.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Divine_Death - Harshlands
    Divine_Death - Harshlands Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    So who was it that made a "stupid" mistake?? b:chuckle

Not saying he didn't make a mistake, but people are acting like he just walked out of SZ red named knowing his SL or GS ran out.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Imagine there was a button on your keyboard right next to the space bar where if you press it you lose $500.

How many of you will be bragging how you're too smart to ever press that button? How many of you will say how you take such awesome precautions so that you are pretty sure you will never accidentally press that button? How many of you proceed to make fun of how stupid the stupid people are who press it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Segreta - Sanctuary
    Segreta - Sanctuary Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Human mistake happens

/thread
    Iam Segreta,Queen of the Chicken Kingdom,proud owner of the legendary Blue Chicken,BEHOLD Mortals o,o^
    Current # Chickens:
    ^,^ <- My Cleric <3
    o,o <- My Veno
    n_n <- My Bm
    =,= <- My Barb *Used as Mount*
    >,o <- My Sin(Stealth all the time for no reason)
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I thought the factions these two were from pked together to fight the scum faction of the server, why did this happen?

To OP:

What's the point of this thread? It's not like we have the fists...A lot of people will return PK drops or sell it back to the owner at a low price, but that's just being nice. There's nothing stopping someone from just taking it really. Our server has simply been used to people being nice...for the most part.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Pyrostormz - Raging Tide
    Pyrostormz - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Imagine there was a button on your keyboard right next to the space bar where if you press it you lose $500.

How many of you will be bragging how you're too smart to ever press that button? How many of you will say how you take such awesome precautions so that you are pretty sure you will never accidentally press that button? How many of you proceed to make fun of how stupid the stupid people are who press it?

i would walk away from my computer and not come back
    i cant afford that mistake
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    GS -> 100k ; Binding Charm -> 40 Silver ; Losing PK Drop -> Priceless
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    GS -> 100k ; Binding Charm -> 40 Silver ; Losing PK Drop -> Priceless

For everything else there's MasterCard b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • Deadlife - Lost City
    Deadlife - Lost City Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    PKing in this game is like driving a car with a metal spike embedded in the steering wheel and the safety belt takes money to operate. If you forget to deposit money in the safety belt there is no warning about it either and you only find out you have no protection when you crash.

As it is implemented right now, item drop is a tax on the poor and anyone who makes a small mistake of forgetting their SL timer or leaving GS in the bank. A lot of people are avoiding item drop completely and PK without consequences but there shouldn't be such a tax on people who make a mistake that anyone can make.

Im sorry, nothing personal, but I admit you are GREAT at math, but your analogies suck.

First off comparing dropping a virtual item to impaling your face on your steering wheel is nonsense, dying and losing money are two seperate things.

Second, regarding the keyboard comment, I dont see how it relates to the situation at hand. it has nothing to do with being smart enough to not hit the button, and everything to do with being either smart enough to get a different keyboard without said button, or refraining from using it altogether.

And lastly, I feel for the guy, I do, maybe some of you who are semi-defending the stupidity of it are his friends, at least I hope, cause otherwise that places you in the same category as him, or anyone else who has lost an item ingame worth anything due to something as forgetful, or complacent as making sure you got all your bad-*** toys but oops no SL/GS

Sadly its a lesson, probably the worst kind, but I bet your sweet *** he doesnt forget it again. like me
  • EIvemage - Dreamweaver
    EIvemage - Dreamweaver Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    has nothing to do with stupidity.. everyone makes mistakes, this can happen to everyone especially on a pve server.. he probably just wanted to have some fun and this happened:S kinda feel sorry for him, but i admit there is no way i would ever give a pk drop like that back:o
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I am reminded of this.

Anyway, his fault. Oh ****ing well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • MiniST - Sanctuary
    MiniST - Sanctuary Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Personally I think there should be some worthwhile benefits / consequences to PVP that doesn't involve losing hundreds of dollars worth of hard-worked items.

Suppose there was no safety lock and no guardian scrolls, would people still enjoy PK?

PKing in this game is like driving a car with a metal spike embedded in the steering wheel and the safety belt takes money to operate. If you forget to deposit money in the safety belt there is no warning about it either and you only find out you have no protection when you crash.

As it is implemented right now, item drop is a tax on the poor and anyone who makes a small mistake of forgetting their SL timer or leaving GS in the bank. A lot of people are avoiding item drop completely and PK without consequences but there shouldn't be such a tax on people who make a mistake that anyone can make.

The problem with what u said is that this was dropped in a PvE server. The person had full knowledge or at least access to the information about the consequences of pk. He was not forced to pk. This is like asking why you are going to jail when u robbed a bank and got caught.
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    you do not need to pk so why did you aah its fun then fallow the pk rule and stop the qq.

Sl/Gscroll and bind use one of these and you wont drop youb:bye
  • Fintan - Lost City
    Fintan - Lost City Posts: 1,245 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Just verifying - can you drop items if you are blue name on a PvE server, from being killed?

This can be from another player (via Cube) or from mobs.

I'm pretty sure I had it happened to me once, and that I saw it once in TT, but I may have been hallucinating both those times.

They made blue names never drop (you could drop prior to level 30 too back then, due to the same mechanic being in place) when they added shattering and changed how red hours are accumulated a couple years back. (With the first expansion, right?)

Also, you never drop in circumstances when a Guardian Scroll would not be consumed, including Cube. Quite a while ago, I was told that if I ever were to drop in such a case (it'd be obvious since I carry dolls), to let a GM know. Of course, we have less of a GM presence now, so I suspect no one would care aside from the playerbase. b:shockedb:surrenderb:shutup
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    MuSHRooMS - Lost City (currently inviting new members) b:victory
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    A full r9 barb lost his +12 g15 fists with x2 drakeflame stones!
    He dropped them in pk mode recently x.x
    What u think about this?! b:shocked
    And what u would do? b:surrender
    i heard about it and saw it in WC too.

Basically the PKer bought it off another player for 900M

then he went into PK mode without GS and bind. No news if he had lock on.

then he died and dropped his +12

conclusion: Live and learn

reminds me of the "Buckle your safety belt" advertisements.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Ast was making a statement about the PK system in general, not about who knew the consequences of PK or whose fault it was. Do please get that through your heads before stating the obvious.

Do you really need the possibility of dropped gear as an incentive to PK? When SP was free PK a lot more people were fighting.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • SaiyanGohan - Lost City
    SaiyanGohan - Lost City Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    lol care bear server noobs
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    The problem I see is that in practice dropping expensive items is not really a consequence of PK. There are people who die a lot but are careful about carrying enough GS or watching their safety lock. They don't drop stuff and don't suffer the consequence of dropping hard worked items.

Dropping expensive stuff happens not because you PK but because you make the stupid mistake of forgetting a GS. It's not a punishment of PK, it's a punishment of PK while making a tiny mistake. Having such a potentially large punishment for a small mistake is dumb.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • MagicChu - Sanctuary
    MagicChu - Sanctuary Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    The concern for me in this whole event isn't so much what was dropped but rather the character of those involved. This game allows you to see another side of a person because of that extra layer of anonymity.

I have dropped expensive items in PK before and there were people who have awesomely returned them at no cost to me. This isn't a standard but it is a nice thing to do and speaks volumes about the integrity and character of these people. On the flip side, I see people who take PK drops (even those they didn't participate in) and wanting to make a profit out of that. Though it isn't "technically" wrong in the sense that he went out in pk, it is still morally wrong to keep something so greatly valued (after you lol ganked him with other r9s), refused to sell it back to the guy, and world chatting it in his face for hours (and pretending that the alt isn't yours? lol). I would rather never befriend these people and would never trust them when coin or anything of value is involved. Any excuse about how it belongs to them because some poor guy dropped it in PK is merely an excuse to rationalize their own greed. Knowing who these greedy people are can be a good thing too. At least now I know who to stay away from.

Mommy taught me to not associate with bad people. b:surrender
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    lol care bear server noobs

People like you are the reason to avoid PK servers on this game half the time, take your head out of your ****, please!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Dropping expensive stuff happens not because you PK but because you make the stupid mistake of forgetting a GS. It's not a punishment of PK, it's a punishment of PK while making a tiny mistake. Having such a potentially large punishment for a small mistake is dumb.
    well technically, they themselves made the problem large by wanting to compete in epeen-ness isnt it tho? I mean... pwi nor the PK system doesnt really force us to spend a whopping amount to just participate in this activity. We only make the punishment larger by wanting to stand on top of others and as a result, a mistake can cost you is all.
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • SaiyanGohan - Lost City
    SaiyanGohan - Lost City Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    People like you are the reason to avoid PK servers on this game half the time, take your head out of your ****, please!

u mad that care bear servers dont know what to do?
    edited December 2011
    Options
    u mad that care bear servers dont know what to do?
    no hes just saying there are too many pple on PK servers that have psychological problems that cause other pple disturbance, such as a superiority complex
  • Kawaiiiii - Raging Tide
    Kawaiiiii - Raging Tide Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    throw a party
    +10 w/ Tisha: youtube.com/watch?v=tKHuXP8LRFU&feature=plcp