Seeker Vortex-Lvl'ing???!!

Wizard_II - Raging Tide
Wizard_II - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
edited February 2012 in Seeker
I've seen many people selling vortex runs with seekers,but where is actually that place?
It'd be nice if anyone can reply about my questionb:surrenderb:thanks
Post edited by Wizard_II - Raging Tide on

Comments

• TolanSky - Heavens Tear
    TolanSky - Heavens Tear Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    a couple of possible places for vortex runs that I can think of. One of the prime ones being the Big Room in Frostcovered City. Other good places would be anywhere with a high concentration of high level mobs that you can safely take a low level character to, and then have them hyper while you run Vortex on the mobs there. Best done with someone to pull mobs into your pre-established Vortex.
    Acc 1: TolanSky ~ ● Seeker / Daearena ~ Mystic / ThornLily ~ Veno
    Acc 2: Veilana ~ Sin / QueenBlubrry ~ Cleric / Lemondrop ~ Psychic
  • ItsAWolf - Archosaur
    ItsAWolf - Archosaur Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Rotflesh Trench on Shattered Cloud Island, west of Raging Tides City is the most popular vortex spot I know of.

Really sweet exp there until lvl 85ish
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited December 2011
    Rotflesh Trench on Shattered Cloud Island, west of Raging Tides City is the most popular vortex spot I know of.

Really sweet exp there until lvl 85ish

yup took my seeker from 53 to 85 in 3 or 4 sessions of X12 there. It's not cheap though. 100-120k an hour in repairs, plus charms and pots.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HildieGarde - Heavens Tear
    HildieGarde - Heavens Tear Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    yup took my seeker from 53 to 85 in 3 or 4 sessions of X12 there. It's not cheap though. 100-120k an hour in repairs, plus charms and pots.

Can you share the technique you used there for my curiosity? I'm past that level but I had a look and I noticed there are the pits with the boss and then there are the mob outside. It seems annoyingly difficult to get a large number of those mob to stay aggroed on you (they reset if you run too far while gathering them up to Vortex.) maybe I tried the wrong mob or location.
  • Lienna - Momaganon
    Lienna - Momaganon Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    1 bm, 1-2 wiz/seeker/archer, 1 cleric, 1-2 lurers
    aoe chars set up zen and cleric BB, than lurers fetch mobs + boss, bm does DG and stun(dont remember if mobs at trench can be stunned)
    turn on hypers and level up b:pleased

ofc other squads are also possible, just try and see whats working for you
  • ItsAWolf - Archosaur
    ItsAWolf - Archosaur Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    For vortexing the pits you need:
    -Seeker, just vortex somewhere in the middle of a pit on the boss
    -Assassin for bloodpaint and luring
    -Cleric for heal aggro, flying above the seeker and using BB usually.
    -Any others, can also replace the assassin with another class for luring, provided he gets bloodpaint somehow.

BB makes luring the easiest, as the lurer simply has to move within BB range within 10 seconds of aggroing a mob to ensure the mob will end up in vortex range.
    1) Lurer walks by mobs
    2) Mobs go after lurer
    3) Lurer moves within BB range
    4) Mobs switch target to cleric
    5) BB keeps healing cleric, ensuring the mobs retain interest and don't run away
    6) Mobs move closer to cleric to get within range
    7) Mobs enter vortex radius before they're close enough to hit cleric
    8) Aggro is transferred to seeker which can easily take any damage because of bloodpaint

It's also possible without BB, but in that case the lurer needs to have the mobs within range of vortex within 10 seconds (I believe) of aggroing them, or they'll move back to their spawn point, instead of simply having the lurer get within BB range in that time.

Good thing about not relying on BB though, is that you don't need anybody in the party of the seeker, allowing the seeker to level up fast, or having the seeker powerlvl somebody else real fast.
    edited December 2011
    Ah, you guys are referring to the classic group zhenning technique. I thought it was being done solo by the Seeker.

I was just a little surprised that SylenThunder could get from 53-85 in only 3-4 sessions of X12 there if in a group zhen.
  • terminator00
    terminator00 Posts: 1
    edited December 2011
    Ooooo come on guys, u make it seem so hard to do it, i just tke bp from a sin in those places OR my own sin, and with out charm nothing just buffs from cleric i start doing it alone, it is so easy, i lvl guys from 1 till 59 in 1 or 2 sections of 12x(cuz im high lvl nd nerf is huger).
    U need:
    Vortex(ur self)
    Cleric/Sin buffs and preferable strength of titans for more damaga
    AND
    luring skills on ur genie.

You go in center make metal debuff on boss, blade affinity and vortex
    and the fun BEGINS
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Can you share the technique you used there for my curiosity? I'm past that level but I had a look and I noticed there are the pits with the boss and then there are the mob outside. It seems annoyingly difficult to get a large number of those mob to stay aggroed on you (they reset if you run too far while gathering them up to Vortex.) maybe I tried the wrong mob or location.
    at your age you would want to try east of 1K (or maybe it was south... )

either way there are snakes on a hill and they respawn very fast, and you can gather them nicely I stumbled upon them while looking for aoe-ing camps. Luckly not many pple grind nowadays so the best areas are never taken :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • laloner
    laloner Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I think I'm starting to understand how this works. On RT it all got big after someone with the screenname Vortex_Run started spamming WC that he would get someone to 59 in one hour or your money back.

I figure the reason its to 59 is cuz seekers get vortex at 61 iirc and you want the lowest level seeker possible for exp nerf issues. So stat a seeker for high mag so unlike most 60s lvl seekers he can maintain vortex indefinitely using a charm and keep him buffed with alts, especially with bloodpaint. Then vortex away on rotflesh.

I might actually try this with my 65 seeker. Our fac is low on clerics and the leader is thinking of powerleveling up a cleric alt to help everyone out.
    AKA PermaSpark, Heartshatter
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited December 2011
    ItsAWolf explained the standard Zhen technique. I'm using a similar method which I will describe below.
    Ah, you guys are referring to the classic group zhenning technique. I thought it was being done solo by the Seeker.

I was just a little surprised that SylenThunder could get from 53-85 in only 3-4 sessions of X12 there if in a group zhen.
    The reason I am able to do this is because my Seeker is not in a squad. There is no split of exp.
    1. I take my cleric and pull it up one PC, Seeker is on another, wife is on her veno. (3 computers, although you could dual-client the Seeker with either the cleric or the puller's PC if you have enough mana and charm.)
    2. I squad and buff everyone, then break the seeker out of the squad and drop him in the pit. Set off Vortex and then sit and heal from above on the cleric.
    3. Puller lures the mobs into the vortex. I like using the veno to myriad (fox form) and amp the boss. (If the puller DD's enough it will split the exp between the seeker and the puller based on the amount of damage done between them. I discovered this after a few runs, really annoying.)
    4. Rinse and repeat.
    Doing this in squad with my 85 Seeker and a 51 Sin reduced the amount of exp the Seeker received by half.

An 80-85 Seeker in the middle and another toon in squad with the seeker... You can get the toon from level 1 to level 75 in merely 4 x12 sessions. (Unfortunately, because of the exhaustion buffer and activation limitations of Hypers, you can only do one 1-hour x12 session a day, so it takes 4 days.)

I did experiment with the high level mobs further north, but that boss is too easy to aggro and the mobs have way too much hp to make it worth while. Soon I'll explore the rest of the island and see if there's something available that will work similarly for higher level Zhen squads.

Also, I would like to note that I do not do this when PQ is available to run, or if it is available, when people are out trying to do it. Always remember to respect other players in the area.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dragoorphis
    dragoorphis Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    How did you just leave your seeker there to vortex, I thought seekers have to spam lv 75 mp pot to keep vortex up?
  • Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver
    Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver Posts: 441 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    How did you just leave your seeker there to vortex, I thought seekers have to spam lv 75 mp pot to keep vortex up?

its possible to keep it up if you have a big enough mp pool and a mp charm.

<.< dont remember which forum thread was giving the maths for that
    Ebrithalia -Sage Seeker
    edited January 2012
    ItsAWolf explained the standard Zhen technique. I'm using a similar method which I will describe below.

The reason I am able to do this is because my Seeker is not in a squad. There is no split of exp.
    1. I take my cleric and pull it up one PC, Seeker is on another, wife is on her veno. (3 computers, although you could dual-client the Seeker with either the cleric or the puller's PC if you have enough mana and charm.)
    2. I squad and buff everyone, then break the seeker out of the squad and drop him in the pit. Set off Vortex and then sit and heal from above on the cleric.
    3. Puller lures the mobs into the vortex. I like using the veno to myriad (fox form) and amp the boss. (If the puller DD's enough it will split the exp between the seeker and the puller based on the amount of damage done between them. I discovered this after a few runs, really annoying.)
    4. Rinse and repeat.
    Doing this in squad with my 85 Seeker and a 51 Sin reduced the amount of exp the Seeker received by half.

An 80-85 Seeker in the middle and another toon in squad with the seeker... You can get the toon from level 1 to level 75 in merely 4 x12 sessions. (Unfortunately, because of the exhaustion buffer and activation limitations of Hypers, you can only do one 1-hour x12 session a day, so it takes 4 days.)

I did experiment with the high level mobs further north, but that boss is too easy to aggro and the mobs have way too much hp to make it worth while. Soon I'll explore the rest of the island and see if there's something available that will work similarly for higher level Zhen squads.

Also, I would like to note that I do not do this when PQ is available to run, or if it is available, when people are out trying to do it. Always remember to respect other players in the area.
    Thanks for the info ^^. I have been doing dungeons so much I forgot you can de-squad outside.

Here is the info on how to maintain vortex with MP charm only. http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1227381 Note: the calculation is slightly off I find I can do it with about ~100 lower MP per level.

And here is a video of me in PV Vortexing using charm only. Note how ridiculously fast the Charm is ticking! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HF6imgVSf-8
  • supertroyman1
    supertroyman1 Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    if u mean were can a seeker lvl U most likely frost or rotflesh trench. if u mean were can u lvl a seeker easy then id recomend pv after 75. just get barb buffs, bp and enough special mp pots to hold up a couple of vortexes. i hypered on each pull and by the ime cave was cleared id gotten like 70% at lvl 75. once u hit 86 cave gets stronger but by then u should be getting better gear and mobs will give u even more exp. persinally i dont even run frosts on my seeker often cuz of fail ppl. all i do is get buffs and power lvl myself.
  • Meatspiner - Lost City
    Meatspiner - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Ok i have done 2 one hour vortex runs. One for my buff sin and barb. Got the sin to lv58 as i failed a little bit in the start and the barb clean 60min to lv61. Its about 7mil Exp to lv 61

The gear i use is the HH70 all with g7 shards and +3 with the HH70 swords one magic cap with MP shards and MP added to it my MP is about 2.15k so i lvled my vortex to lvl5. Best to use Magic belt and neck as mobs hit you with metal and fire.

I used my cleric to fly around and get the mobs into vortex little tricky but easy to master. Out of squad so the alt get max EXP from it.

The cost for one hour is a bit high, worked out to be 1mil~1.2mil Total. My HP is about 3.9k HP charm dont tick alot but dam you need to see that MP charm use about 800k of MP on 60mins. I was Lv 72 when i first started but im sure you can do it at lv70. Im not sure what people ask for a full 60min run. But what i know you you can get about 500k of items from the supply stach that can be sold. If you lvl from 1 to 45.

Its about 17~20mins to lvl to 39 then 20min+ to 52 then 8 more lvls in the last 20 odd mins.

Njoy let me know if you need more help b:bye
  • dragoorphis
    dragoorphis Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    @^
    Did you have enough mana with charm to last vortex without pot?
  • Meatspiner - Lost City
    Meatspiner - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    @^
    Did you have enough mana with charm to last vortex without pot?

yes i use a MP hat with out it i got about 1600mp and with it on i get 2150mp. Thats why i lvled my vortex to lv5 there is a chart that you can see whats the total mana you need for what lvl vortex

Update:

For 2 hours of hypers you can get to lv 73 thats about 17mil EXP
  • Michael - Harshlands
    Michael - Harshlands Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    The easiest way to pull is as people have described the clerics old AoE flight pattern from when they used to solo/duo AoE wood mobs for EXP (cleric aggros mobs, Purify, IH,IH, flys some more aggros more and then purify, IH,IH repeats every 12 seconds).

Mobs have a 15 second aggro timer meaning the cleric has to finish channeling the IH before the 15 second timeout (or get hit by the mob within the 15 seconds the heal channel is more reliable).

Depending on the tankiness of the cleric depends on how many he can pull, A level 60 seeker can kill every single mob in the pit at the same time with no issues I prefer to aggro the boss on a higher level main (or a equal level sin and pull it out of the pit before sending EP in this way you avoid the occasional bind from the boss slowing the pulls down), Purify and Ironheart stacking is the best option for healing with a lower level EP (the purify removes the fire DoT from certain mobs).

None of the other mobs on that island are worth exp, You are best trying to run a GV to get 3rd past at level 90 on seeker you can easily pass 3rd wave (3rd past only requires level 90, 4th requires level 95), once you get it you can zhen there with BP + puller even if your gear breaks BP will keep you healed with no issues so the only limit to how long you can zhen is simply how long you can stay awake as you can dual client the puller.
  • ITzDevious - Lost City
    ITzDevious - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Wow, I guess I have been oblivious to stuff. Being as I'm lvl 76 should I even attempt soloing this for personal gain or just go back to PV/Frost?
  • hiddenmonkey
    hiddenmonkey Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited February 2012

4. Rinse and repeat.

I found this really interesting until you said you can only use 1 hour of hypers a day >_> Unless you're actually turning your hyper on and off once you burn up your hyper time you can start another hyper. In some cases hyper locks up and all you have to do is relog to fix it. The only way you can **** yourself is if you use all your activations before hyper runs out. Because if you have 0 activations you can't activate new hypers. New hyper also resets activations back to 10. Save 1 activation, run out timer, start new hypers; if you want to hardcore grind and not want to stop for more efficent hyper time use.
  • Kalish - Lost City
    Kalish - Lost City Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Wow, I guess I have been oblivious to stuff. Being as I'm lvl 76 should I even attempt soloing this for personal gain or just go back to PV/Frost?

You can solo grind PQ1 until 90 if you really want to - it does start to drop off after 86 or so though (whenever the next level of exp cut is).

Update: The mobs in the pit's are level 75 and give 45,000 exp on hyper at even level (solo).

So for your own level, this is what you would get;

75-77: 45,000
    78-79: 40,500
    80-82: 36,000
    83-85: 22,500
    86-89: 13,500
  • ITzDevious - Lost City
    ITzDevious - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    You can solo grind PQ1 until 90 if you really want to - it does start to drop off after 86 or so though (whenever the next level of exp cut is).

Update: The mobs in the pit's are level 75 and give 45,000 exp on hyper at even level (solo).

So for your own level, this is what you would get;

75-77: 45,000
    78-79: 40,500
    80-82: 36,000
    83-85: 22,500
    86-89: 13,500

Wow, ty much sir! I shall zhen my way on up to the east side! b:chuckle