safety lock

doctordad
doctordad Posts: 4 Arc User
edited March 2012 in Support Desk
I want to dissable the saftey lock on my character. it's set for 4 hours. I can't do anything.

How can i get rid of it?
Post edited by doctordad on

Comments

• SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited December 2011
    well, if you read the instructions when you set it... You would know that all you have to do is set it back to one minute and then wait 72 hours for it to reset.

If, at any point during those 72 hours, you mess with it, your 72-hour timer will start over again.

In fact, when you go to change it back, it displays this message...
    WARNING!
    You have shortened the Safety Lock duration for your account. Listed functions will be disabled for 1 minutes of in-game time after each log-in. This change will require three days to take effect. Further changes to the Safety Lock settings will reset this three day timer.
    Are you absolutely sure you want to change your Safety Lock settings?
    Confirm / Cancel

A similar message would have popped up when you set it to 4 hours, AND is would have asked you for a second confirmation of such.

Learn to read the dialogue boxes guys. It's not hard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • doctordad
    doctordad Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Here's the thing, I don't want this safety lock at all. it is uneccesary and a major inconvenience. how can i dissable it permanently?
    edited December 2011
    it's automatic default is one minute. You cannot change that. It's only inconvenient for 60 seconds, unless you do something silly like setting it to 4 hours without reading the dialogue boxes when you do it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fintan - Lost City
    Fintan - Lost City Posts: 1,245 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    doctordad wrote: »
    Here's the thing, I don't want this safety lock at all. it is uneccesary and a major inconvenience. how can i dissable it permanently?

It's a necessity. People do silly things like give other people access to their accounts, use the same login information everywhere on the internet, visit sites which purport to give things like free gold (but instead install a program to spy on your username and password), etc. The safety lock gives you a chance to force log back in before they can take all your stuff.

I personally find 1 minute to be too conservative so mine's always set a few minutes longer. It rarely gets in my way, and when it does, people are quite understanding (that wouldn't be the case with it set to 45 minutes or more like some of the PvPers who abuse it have it set). The rare inconvenience of having to wait a minute or two (time to get a drink or something else IRL) more than offsets the lack of security I would otherwise expose myself to. I like to think of it as an "If I **** up, then at least I have a chance in hell of rectifying it before it becomes a major problem." b:victory
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    MuSHRooMS - Lost City (currently inviting new members) b:victory
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • nicenwild
    nicenwild Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    well, if you read the instructions when you set it... You would know that all you have to do is set it back to one minute and then wait 72 hours for it to reset.

If, at any point during those 72 hours, you mess with it, your 72-hour timer will start over again.

In fact, when you go to change it back, it displays this message...

A similar message would have popped up when you set it to 4 hours, AND is would have asked you for a second confirmation of such.

Learn to read the dialogue boxes guys. It's not hard.

Hello, I really hate when people talk to me like I am some kind of Noob I have been playing this game since 2009 and I know how to read instructions, I did what it instructed me to do and it has still not reset. Hmm. Communication is key that is all I am saying it is not what you say it is how you say it.
    edited March 2012
    nicenwild wrote: »
    Hello, I really hate when people talk to me like I am some kind of Noob I have been playing this game since 2009 and I know how to read instructions, I did what it instructed me to do and it has still not reset. Hmm. Communication is key that is all I am saying it is not what you say it is how you say it.

1. Nice necro.

2. If you bothered to actually read and understand the text in the pop up warning box that appears both when you set the lock, and also when you go to change it back, then you would not need to be posting on the forum and asking this question for which the answer was so simple. (If only you had bothered to read, (which is most commonly the problem, not actually reading the damn text window.))

3. Search function FTW. I can't even count how many times this question has been answered over the past 3+ years. A simple forum search would have produced more than one thread with the answer, and in some, I have even provided screenshots and overly-detailed instructions.

4. If you actually reset it, and actually waited the full 72 hours without touching it, and it's still not resetting... Open a ticket with the support team. Posting here isn't going to fix that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]