Some BM PvP/PK

2»

Comments

• Pwntaciouz - Lost City
    Pwntaciouz - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qETn6dryw_g

Some random 1v1s against some of the top geared R9/skilled players on our server.

Very nice pvping/pking !!
    I cannot wait to get my bm this lvl ^^ maybe soon :O....

Very nice skills, merry christmas b:pleased
  • Genital_Wart - Harshlands
    Genital_Wart - Harshlands Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    No anti stun, out of the dumb dueling rules I've heard, that one's pretty high up on the list.

The purpose of no anti stun in a BM vs BM fight is to make the fight longer, more skilled based, and more enjoyable. Will of Bodhisattva + APS is not very skillful. Avoiding stuns by leaps, timing stunlocks by cast-canceling, 5-meter drake bashing, and resisting stuns with single spark are skillful and enjoyable to watch. Of course this is just having fun, not practical in real pvp. But hey, the purpose of playing a game is just to have fun right?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Divine_Death - Harshlands
    Divine_Death - Harshlands Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    No, my point was that it really makes no difference if anti stun is allowed or not so disallowing it is silly. BM isn't Archer so you can't just anti stun and pewpew. If they put Will, just kite it or put your own on. It's just a silly rule like no jumping.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    No, my point was that it really makes no difference if anti stun is allowed or not so disallowing it is silly. BM isn't Archer so you can't just anti stun and pewpew. If they put Will, just kite it or put your own on. It's just a silly rule like no jumping.

Private server BMs are anal about leaps, if you leap in a fight they hate you with the power of a gazillion fat cats that had their cake stolen. o.o
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Private server BMs are anal about leaps, if you leap in a fight they hate you with the power of a gazillion fat cats that had their cake stolen. o.o

^ I can back this up :>

dueled a bm with a bm i made....god that guy hatteeddd me when I leaped around and kited during the duel. (but the guy was at the cap lvl and I was at like starter lvl xD. Was like "Hell nah man, go pick on other people)
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • X_Rays - Sanctuary
    X_Rays - Sanctuary Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    LOL if you leaped out, that means your opponent's stunlock has FAILED, which is why they rage. To answer the question of whether Will of Bodhisattva should be used, let's consider a scenario in which both BMs use Will at the same time. What would they do? Of course they would both stand next to each other and start a fist fight. 15 seconds later, fight is over. Very fun indeed.
  • Dinya - Sanctuary
    Dinya - Sanctuary Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Lol! That's true!
  • Pytharia - Lost City
    Pytharia - Lost City Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    LOL if you leaped out, that means your opponent's stunlock has FAILED, which is why they rage. To answer the question of whether Will of Bodhisattva should be used, let's consider a scenario in which both BMs use Will at the same time. What would they do? Of course they would both stand next to each other and start a fist fight. 15 seconds later, fight is over. Very fun indeed.

Only idiots would do that. Let me rephrase that, only the an idiot losing hp faster would do that. If I see I'm losing hp faster I will obviously leap back/kite him until anti stun wears off. Unless you don't allow running in duel then in that case **** duels, go white named and QQ on wc about your opponent.
  • X_Rays - Sanctuary
    edited December 2011
    Only idiots would do that. Let me rephrase that, only the an idiot losing hp faster would do that. If I see I'm losing hp faster I will obviously leap back/kite him until anti stun wears off. Unless you don't allow running in duel then in that case **** duels, go white named and QQ on wc about your opponent.

What if both are losing HP at the same rate? Winning and losing becomes more gear-based than skill-based in that scenario. In a fair duel both BMs should have the same gear, same weapon. Whoever is more skillful will be the winner. Of course all the hyper exped APS monkey would disagree.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2011
    What if both are losing HP at the same rate? Winning and losing becomes more gear-based than skill-based in that scenario. In a fair duel both BMs should have the same gear, same weapon. Whoever is more skillful will be the winner. Of course all the hyper exped APS monkey would disagree.

I had a pretty good fight wit a 5APS BM that had 10k+ HP vs my 9.2k HP and 4APS... well I guess 3.33 vs 2.86 since neither of us sparked, but they were still good fights. In a fight between two BMs using all of their skills... anti stun, leaps, stun locks, genie, fights become pretty skill based. You have to know what to use and when and be able to kite when it's called for. Sure, we were using fists, but that doesn't mean the fight takes any less skill.
  • X_Rays - Sanctuary
    edited December 2011
    I had a pretty good fight wit a 5APS BM that had 10k+ HP vs my 9.2k HP and 4APS... well I guess 3.33 vs 2.86 since neither of us sparked, but they were still good fights. In a fight between two BMs using all of their skills... anti stun, leaps, stun locks, genie, fights become pretty skill based. You have to know what to use and when and be able to kite when it's called for. Sure, we were using fists, but that doesn't mean the fight takes any less skill.

If you try without Will and without genie, the fight will be longer and more fun. A skilled pole/sword BM can destroy a fist BM in a duel if genies (especially antistun skills) and Will are not allowed. Btw I never said you cannot leap. Just no anti-stun.
  • Superfeng - Lost City
    Superfeng - Lost City Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    x-rays i sent you a new pm, keep in touch man!
    Superfeng - Level 101 Lost City Blademaster, retired.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2011
    If you try without Will and without genie, the fight will be longer and more fun. A skilled pole/sword BM can destroy a fist BM in a duel if genies (especially antistun skills) and Will are not allowed. Btw I never said you cannot leap. Just no anti-stun.

A duel will last longer than a charmed fight? Never woulda guessed. I'm all for fun fights and trying different things, just trying to get it through your head that even fist fights can be fun if the BMs involved are skilled.
  • Pytharia - Lost City
    Pytharia - Lost City Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Doesn't matter if they were losing hp at the same rate, if either of them cared if they won or not, at least one of them would try something. But anyway, like I said before, just go white named b:bye