Quest Poll - with poll this time....

MageMERC - Harshlands
MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
edited December 2011 in General Discussion
Short version - have done all quests - mainly to fill in time. Rewards suck and I wont do any on alts..... I'm kinda wondering if lots of people select the last option, the GM's might try to influence quest rewards being worth the effort.

EDIT - Fuzzy, tks for quick response to previous error..
Post edited by MageMERC - Harshlands on

Comments

• Aquyla - Heavens Tear
    Aquyla - Heavens Tear Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    i don't do all quests. i do the ones that i can do solo (skip some world bosses cuz there's no point in searching party for one quest whole day when i can do 10 other quests + grind dq a little, although i did all my fbs and learn fluently all up to 51 for now). i also don't do quests with magic mobs that keep running away and blast magic (alacrity doesn't work in most cases since they fire magic again or run away so i have to chase them).

so my answer is option 2 b:pleased
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    In all honesty, I can't really answer this question.

At low levels, I do all quests
    At mid levels, I do most quests.
    At high levels, I only do cultivation quests, divines, OHT, and ones that I may get along with an instances run.
    Quests give bare experience, and spirit for me. Aside from killing time, its no longer profitable for me to go kill 100's of mobs. I'd rather go and help someone with their lower level bh, do an instance run, randomly buff someone, help kill a world boss, or do something else.

That said, on my main, I barely do quests. On my alts I do....and I'm usually on my main, so if I had to choose in regards to my main, I'd say option 4.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • Fintan - Lost City
    Fintan - Lost City Posts: 1,245 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    At high levels, I only do cultivation quests, divines, OHT, and ones that I may get along with an instances run.
    Quests give bare experience, and spirit for me. Aside from killing time, its no longer profitable for me to go kill 100's of mobs. I'd rather go and help someone with their lower level bh, do an instance run, randomly buff someone, help kill a world boss, or do something else.

However, it is experience and spirit. Also, quests tend to be on mobs you can hyper-grind, so why not take the extra exp/spirit for doing so? b:victory

Especially if your alternatives are low-experience things like you listed... b:surrender Hell, just doing the quest mobs will give you more experience for the time spent, especially during 2x like now, even if you don't take the corresponding quest. (I kinda wish that experience multipliers worked like in other PWE games: they affect both mob and quest rewards.)
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    MuSHRooMS - Lost City (currently inviting new members) b:victory
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I originally did all quests as close to on-level as I could (Except for The Punishment) because they helped make the grind slightly easier (aka pre-hypers/BH/etc). Then I started doing them out of principle since I'd use the quests to find ways to stick my characters into sticky situations and get a good feel for them before they were geared up and able to steamroll PvE. Nowadays, I don't really bother with them much except for the few that have decent rewards (or when I'm playing on random lowbie alts) because it's not worth the time in most cases unless I'm bored.
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Did every quest there is except lunar ones since they are bugged and the new earth-guard, back then any xp was something, now that hypers are dirt cheap I doubt that the majority nowadays do them except cultivation/chorno.
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I've done them all, except for the lvl 80+ air/water quests, as air/water quests suck due to the mobs being ridiculous. All magic/ranged, dishing out fast damage, and extremely easy to get mobbed by multiples. They also seem to respawn faster than land mobs. IMO, the rewards are not worth the charm r@pe and pot wasting that comes with them.
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    However, it is experience and spirit. Also, quests tend to be on mobs you can hyper-grind, so why not take the extra exp/spirit for doing so? b:victory

Especially if your alternatives are low-experience things like you listed... b:surrender Hell, just doing the quest mobs will give you more experience for the time spent, especially during 2x like now, even if you don't take the corresponding quest. (I kinda wish that experience multipliers worked like in other PWE games: they affect both mob and quest rewards
    .)

You're right. It is experience and spirit. However, as it stands at the moment, I've got enough spirit to learn sage book on top of sage book, and not run out of spirit for some time. Also, I'm currrently working on obtaining R8, so my funds are going there as a pose to hyper stones. I'll start leveling again once I obtain it.

Regarding my low level alts, I said that I DO EVERY QUEST FOR THEM. Heck, I just rolled a new wiz last night, and was questing away. Its only on my level 100 cleric that I stopped doing quests. Aside from saying that I did it, and receiving marginal expereince and spirit from it, what else is there to really gain? If I grind now, I'm doing it for the coin. I'm not really willing to buy any hyper stones when I'm not trying to level at this point. (I could easily be at least level 103 at this point if I were.) However, my focus at the moment is my equipment. I don't want to spend a penny on hyper stones when I'm not focused on leveling. That will come later. I'm not going R9, so there is no rush for me to hit 101 by buying hypers for my main. I will hit 101, but later on....and eventually 105.

That said, as I level more, I quest less...since unfortunately quests don't really pay off in this game.

Low levels: I do every quest.
    Mid levels: I do some quests.
    High levels: I rarely quest...simply doing divines, cult, oht, instance quests, etc.

Not trying to come off rude btw. Just responding to you since you quoted me.

That said, Merry Christmas to you all. Enjoy it.
    b:thanksb:victory
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Did every quest there is except lunar ones since they are bugged and the new earth-guard, back then any xp was something, now that hypers are dirt cheap I doubt that the majority nowadays do them except cultivation/chorno.

Which Lunar quests? Cause if you mean the ones you get around 85 or so, they aren't bugged. Just annoying. (At least two chains require you to go through what's now Lunar trophy mode and that's without the chains that send you up against Primal and the like in squad mode)
  • Atlantasia - Sanctuary
    Atlantasia - Sanctuary Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    On my first toon, my veno here I've done pretty much every quest I've come across. (But that was another time and place when questing was a way to level on top of the daily grind.) However, on my alts, I don't bother much past lvl 40 or so, because that's about the point that quests and rewards really aren't worth the time and effort. (some are, some I still do until the 60s but not all) They're boring, repetitive and even if they help me learn my class, BHs are a much better tool because higher levels require more squad work anyway. >.>; Time is money and quests aren't worth the time it takes to even pick them up at high levels. Appart from BHs, Base Quests, and culti/chrono, at high levels anything else is hardly worth my time (quest wise).
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    ...keep voting....
  • HadesHound - Raging Tide
    HadesHound - Raging Tide Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I do quests when i feel like doin them. They give me something to do, and where as I dont play well with others a lot, this helps me kill time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's not the years that matter, it's the milage that has true meaning. Do not spend your life trying to walk a mile in someone else's shoes. Walk the best path you can, and enjoy that journey.
    And ladies... Save a cowboy, ride a brony!
  • Aquilez - Sanctuary
    Aquilez - Sanctuary Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    now i just do some quests while trying to find something to do with friends/fac people. but i cant stand playing this game much other than TW anymore. is way too broken

lol at the fail math on forum
    40%+28%+2%+42% = 100%?
  • magicsabre
    magicsabre Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    lol at the fail math on forum
    40%+28%+2%+42% = 100%?

It is Multiple choice poll, so everyone can vote for few options, even all of them.
  • Aquilez - Sanctuary
    Aquilez - Sanctuary Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    magicsabre wrote: »
    It is Multiple choice poll, so everyone can vote for few options, even all of them.

never knew that b:surrender. thanks for the info ^^