I'm frustrated PWI

Comments

• VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    TBH I think if someone didn't delete their character and claimed the name first, they should get the name. They shouldn't be messing with the database just because someone else wants the name. Not a single character of mine has every had an X in their name and they aren't all two names like mine. I chose two names on this character from the get-go. I have tons of characters with one word, even English names. Get more creative if you don't want to use all the sins use to get the name assassin. I swear most sins use variations of stealth, assassin, or if they think they are really creative use shadow. -__- I also use English names. If you're trying to use regular nouns that relate to the class, you're hardly the first person that would want to do such a thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Fintan - Lost City
    Fintan - Lost City Posts: 1,245 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    TBH I think if someone didn't delete their character and claimed the name first, they should get the name. They shouldn't be messing with the database just because someone else wants the name. Not a single character of mine has every had an X in their name and they aren't all two names like mine. I chose two names on this character from the get-go. I have tons of characters with one word, even English names. Get more creative if you don't want to use all the sins use to get the name assassin. I swear most sins use variations of stealth, assassin, or if they think they are really creative use shadow. -__-

The REALLY creative ones use things like "PK" and "Death"... b:shutup
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    MuSHRooMS - Lost City (currently inviting new members) b:victory
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
    edited December 2011
    The REALLY creative ones use things like "PK" and "Death"... b:shutup

b:chuckle

@OP no offense meant or anything but you're probably going to have to get more creative than elemental. Try using a thesaurus if you want to use regular English words.

edit: and just to see if you were correct, I just made a few characters (cause I already had a psychic there apparently) named SuperSensory (mystic), SuperSensual (seeker), and Psychogenic (archer). All of which were in the thesaurus under the word Psychic. It literally involved zero creativity. I was originally gonna make a psychic there but apparently I already have one. I rather like SuperSensual and Psychogenic though, and am thinking of switching servers so I'm keeping those two. XD SuperSensory someone else can have once the character finishes deleting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Get more creative if you don't want to use all the sins use to get the name assassin. I swear most sins use variations of stealth, assassin, or if they think they are really creative use shadow. -__-

Assassins are the new venos. I swear, over half of the venos on Sanc got their animal form in their name. b:shocked

My name probably looks like random letters but it isn't. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Kremia - Lost City
    Kremia - Lost City Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Mine was unused b:victory
    And i made her like a year ago
    yay!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fintan - Lost City
    edited December 2011
    Assassins are the new venos. I swear, over half of the venos on Sanc got their animal form in their name. b:shocked

Sanc is more inventive than LC apparently. I'd guess that 2/3 of venos have names including "Veno" and/or "Fox". b:shocked
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Or just misspell something. I remember a Celric :p
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    its always been easy for me to find names...i read a lot! this character is named from a book, whose title character is FoxRunning. my Mystic is named Blue Magnolia, and one of my archers is named SteelMagnlia, from the play and movie. i have a cat veno named TabascoCat, after a famous racehorse.

a good source for names for Earthguard would be to use, Na'vi names, from "Avatar"

..lots of sources out there! whatever your interests are, take a look...and find lots of names

Alright, I know that a lot of people play PWI, I get that. However, I'm kind of frustrated when it comes to character names for several reasons..

First off all, I can't find a decent name for any of characters I'm trying to make because their all taken. I guarantee that over 50% of these "taken" usernames are from players who are inactive, alts, and even maybe quit the game. More and more character names are starting to have _'s and /'s and even the i - L thing going on because there's no decent names left on this game.

Example; my friend I had when I was level like 10 in 2009 quit the game. Hasn't been on since and its 2012 almost. His character has been there for 3 years almost inactive.... Not a single sign on and it counts as a used up name.

Doesn't it frustrate you when you have a lot of really good idea's for a character name just to find out that that name has been taken at character selection screen? I find it very annoying.

If anyone says its "Your fault for a lack of creativity" then thats also FALSE because the only way you can basically find a name thats ENGLISH is MAKING A WORD UP and making it your character name or using some dumb chinese name that nobody understands because its the best thing you can do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Sidwinder - Heavens Tear
    Sidwinder - Heavens Tear Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I take my names from other games usually my original name from FFXI was taken so I used the bow weapon skill Sidewinder and took the e off to make it more unique. On another game my rogue was named Coronach which was the relic gun's weapon skill name.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sidwinder-HT
  • Xyleena - Heavens Tear
    Xyleena - Heavens Tear Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I like all of my characters names .... =) Almost all are significant to me in some way. Xyleena being my favorite.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Characters:
    Xyleena | 102 Demon Cleric | Radiance Faction : Main
    Gwendolynne | 101 Sage Venomancer | Heavens Tear
    Delecroix | 101 Demon Assassin | Heavens Tear
    Anatoxin | 8x Future Sage Psychic | Heavens Tear
    Diva | 92 Sage Blademaster | Dreamweaver : Retired
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Alright, I know that a lot of people play PWI, I get that.

Actually, you don't get it. At all.

There are several name servers that multiple game servers share. Each person who plays has any number of alts... I can honestly say I have about 10 alts on 2 or more accounts. There are people with a lot more. Only one unique name can be used per name server, so if you take that name it becomes unavailable on several servers.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    ....my rl nickname (DiamondStar)

So you meet up with your mates somewhere and they say like, "Hey DiamondStar whassup?"

Thats sounds wierd to me. Usually when I go to work someone says "Hey Numbnuts," and it doesn't get much more serious than that.

EDIT just had to log into another account to check my sins name - can't believe I couldnt remember it! I have a char Bubbsy, who obviously needed a sister so that became Bubbsis for my sin. Its hard to imagine not being able to think of a name really - but plenty of simple and creative ideas on this thread.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    ...when I go to work someone says "Hey Numbnuts,"...

Your workplace sounds fun.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Ikarium - Dreamweaver
    Ikarium - Dreamweaver Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Well at least there aren't so many Legolas clones around these days.
    LMAO!
    When I started so many archers were made to look like Legolas or had some variation of the spelling and so many wizards were Gandalf variants.
  • L_DAMIEN_l - Heavens Tear
    L_DAMIEN_l - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I downloaded an app on my Iphone that makes up RPG-themed names. Much easier. Thousands of options, at the distance of a touch.
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I downloaded an app on my Iphone that makes up RPG-themed names. Much easier. Thousands of options, at the distance of a touch.

How very original.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fintan - Lost City
    edited December 2011
    How very original.

At least it will avoid "Legolas, spelled: Shift-backslash, underscore, three, capital G, zero, capital i, capital A, 5, capital xxx"... b:surrender
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
    edited December 2011
    At least it will avoid "Legolas, spelled: Shift-backslash, underscore, three, capital G, zero, capital i, capital A, 5, capital xxx"... b:surrender

This ^^^ I actually hate when I see that and it actually annoys me to know end. It shows a lack of creativity to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Celestyna - Heavens Tear
    Celestyna - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    So you meet up with your mates somewhere and they say like, "Hey DiamondStar whassup?"

Thats sounds wierd to me. Usually when I go to work someone says "Hey Numbnuts," and it doesn't get much more serious than that.

EDIT just had to log into another account to check my sins name - can't believe I couldnt remember it! I have a char Bubbsy, who obviously needed a sister so that became Bubbsis for my sin. Its hard to imagine not being able to think of a name really - but plenty of simple and creative ideas on this thread.

you did not read what i said. I said it was a mash up of a name i used in an old game i played and my RL nickname
    Old game name Diamond
    Nickname Star
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Puru_Elpeo - Raging Tide
    Puru_Elpeo - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    to the first puru @RT... do u know how hard it is to type out my full name?b:angry

b:chuckle
  • FanFon - Dreamweaver
    FanFon - Dreamweaver Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Is Elemental_qq taken?

it is nowb:laugh
  • Fondlemore - Sanctuary
    Fondlemore - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    <-- Made this guy just last month. =P Surprised it wasn't taken, yes, but it's original and in english.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <3 for the sig, Silvy
    Jeremied - Sanctuary: I finally made a Wizzy because I just learned how to do that damned leaping quest at level 5! b:surrender
    I'm cheating on ArcHaven with NarnianHoar, b:quiet
  • Elemental_w - Heavens Tear
    Elemental_w - Heavens Tear Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    it is nowb:laugh

Lol trolls like radiance scum, how typical. As for KingThis hes just bipolar.. Anyways for the people with logic..

I think its ridiculous that even PERMA BANNED PLAYERS don't have their accounts deleted, some are deleted by having character edits or some other terms of service **** violated.. But the perma banned accounts/characters still exist. Thats another annoying thing PWI should take care of.

By the way, "Elemental_qq" isn't even offensive. lolb:pleased
  • Massad - Harshlands
    Massad - Harshlands Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Edited because of I don't know wtf happened but kritty was right :/

As for when I create my names... I go with history and mythology first... Then I look for words in ancient celtic or gaelic (which have 3 or 4 ways to spell one word and have the same meaning)

<===Like this sins name... Massad is actually a mispelling for Israeli Mossada (something is not spelled right I know)... Which in history was a group of warriors who stood up against the Roman empire and died to the last man, woman, and child. And now to carry on that legacy there intelligence agency is named after them and the place.

Downside is I constantly get pm's asking am I from Israel, Egypt, or Oman.b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Other names include but not limited to LOKl_ _ClRCE_, _AnGeal_
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    This ^^^ I actually hate when I see that and it actually annoys me to know end. It shows a lack of creativity to me.

I thought taking a SUUUUUPER COMMON name, then facerolling a symbol keypad was original...

How long until every possible variant has been facerolled for Legolas is beyond me.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • ImNotFiveAps - Dreamweaver
    ImNotFiveAps - Dreamweaver Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    My name wasnt taken! :D

I was kinda shocked ,-,
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pwiqq
    pwiqq Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    My name wasnt taken! :D

I was kinda shocked ,-,