[DQ Rewards Page down temporarily] 12-21-2011

frankieraye
frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
edited August 2012 in General Discussion
Hey all,

The DQ Rewards Page has been taken down while we make a few changes. THey should be back up within a couple of hours.

Sorry about the inconvenience-- Tt'll be back up as soon as possible.

Update (6:18 pm): Taking a bit longer than expected; we still plan to bring DQ rewards back up by 7pm PST, so please bear with us :)

Update 12-22-2011

DQ Rewards page is back up and functional. We've added two fashion sets to the shop: Shinobi Set and Vampire Set. Happy Holidays and enjoy!
Post edited by frankieraye on

Comments

• SoulRequiem - Sanctuary
    SoulRequiem - Sanctuary Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Does the"Few Changes",includes new items(Or removing items?).

Oh well guess we'll just wait
    WTB>More Fash
    Currently Want-to-buy list>>(W=White;B=Black;A=Any color)
    ((W. Steampunk Top \\ W. Aegan Dress \\ W. Road Warrior Vest and Shorts \\ W. Cougar Top \\ W. Barfighter Top \\B. Chipao \\ Trading B. Shinobi Set to White \\ B. Bowknot Top \\ W. Porcelian Dress \\ B. Leopard Boots \\W. Corsair Dress \\ B. Debutante Dress \\ W. Sunshine Blouse \\ W. Tiger Lily Dress \\ W. Stardust Dress \\ \\ Red Bikini Bottom \\ W. Crown Princess Dress))
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    ::channels tempest:: No body better touch ma pig!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    ADD BACK THE ****ING R9 MEDALS b:angerb:anger

As for anythin else, GO SUCK A ****!
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SoulRequiem - Sanctuary
    SoulRequiem - Sanctuary Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    ADD BACK THE ****ING R9 MEDALS b:angerb:anger

As for anythin else, GO SUCK A ****!

u mad bro?

:D:D:D
    WTB>More Fash
    Currently Want-to-buy list>>(W=White;B=Black;A=Any color)
    ((W. Steampunk Top \\ W. Aegan Dress \\ W. Road Warrior Vest and Shorts \\ W. Cougar Top \\ W. Barfighter Top \\B. Chipao \\ Trading B. Shinobi Set to White \\ B. Bowknot Top \\ W. Porcelian Dress \\ B. Leopard Boots \\W. Corsair Dress \\ B. Debutante Dress \\ W. Sunshine Blouse \\ W. Tiger Lily Dress \\ W. Stardust Dress \\ \\ Red Bikini Bottom \\ W. Crown Princess Dress))
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    u mad bro?

:D:D:D

***** your pixels* >:O
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kitkate - Dreamweaver
    Kitkate - Dreamweaver Posts: 869 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Seriously? I just sold the last of the DQ i needed for dyes and the page is down. That seriously ticks me off. ._.
  • Elvarin - Dreamweaver
    Elvarin - Dreamweaver Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    ***** your pixels* >:O
    Mmmm, girl-on-girl. That pleases my virtual boner. b:sin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fintan - Lost City
    Fintan - Lost City Posts: 1,245 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Mmmm, girl-on-girl. That pleases my virtual boner. b:sin

One both looks and smells like a fish though... b:shocked
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    MuSHRooMS - Lost City (currently inviting new members) b:victory
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    O_o Oh geeze, my feeling better not be right...D:< No removing the demon/sage event card!!!

If you're adding something, then yay :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • Karen_Divine - Sanctuary
    Karen_Divine - Sanctuary Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    b:shocked nuuu I needs my demon sage event cards!! I have horrible luck with tiger event
  • Fintan - Lost City
    edited December 2011
    If they yank the Event Cards, there will likely be a mass sigh and ragequit. They're really about the only thing "worth" selling DQ to NPCs for. I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one percieving it to be a mad grab for what little cash PWE can get. They certainly look desperate lately.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • Kitkate - Dreamweaver
    Kitkate - Dreamweaver Posts: 869 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    If they yank the Event Cards, there will likely be a mass sigh and ragequit. They're really about the only thing "worth" selling DQ to NPCs for. I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one percieving it to be a mad grab for what little cash PWE can get. They certainly look desperate lately.

The mass sale of everything possible in the cashshop definitely looks desperate. It's also going to suck when everyone finds out the "event" for Christmas is most likely going to be a sale on whatever they haven't sold off yet. That is PWE for you.

I personally use the DQ points for dyes when i get fashion that doesn't match. But other than that and maybe chi stones if you just have to blow it on something, the event card is what most people go for.
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    im guessing that the sales will end on dec 31,
    PWI had a pretty down year, and the sale craze is likely to fill in the capital losses the company suffered. that is, they lost a bunch of money this year, so if they make a lot of it back before the end of the year, their tax consequences will be minimal. but earlier this year PWE bought a major game studio, i think it was the D&D developer, and will probably be releasing something major from it next year, in which case they would be predicting a pretty up year next year, and excess CS sales next year will have a much higher tax consequence.

its just a theory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fintan - Lost City
    edited December 2011
    im guessing that the sales will end on dec 31,
    PWI had a pretty down year, and the sale craze is likely to fill in the capital losses the company suffered. that is, they lost a bunch of money this year, so if they make a lot of it back before the end of the year, their tax consequences will be minimal. <snip>

its just a theory

The problem with the theory is that it's not holding out. It was my working theory until a week or two ago, too.

Gold prices are skyrocketing, indicating increased demand and decreased supply. This would be indicative of either the sales being totally ****ing awesome, or, more likely, people spending less money on the game.

At least on Lost City, the amount of red text has been seriously diminishing. I doubt that it's due to them actually turning it off for pack items. This indicates that people aren't opening packs as much as they were. And since packs are almost certainly their #1 repeat buy item, this leads one to suspect that people aren't CSing so much.

Even the +10 orb sale didn't flood red chat as much as I had expected, and it also triggered the text for people DQing their cards (as my name in red chat for the card during the period indicated). So, that likely wasn't a huge shot in the arm for them either.

So, they're probably trying to make it look like their flagship game's popular and making enough cash that they can do deep discounts on their virtual items. Looking at their stock continuing a general downward trend, I don't think their shareholders are buying that anymore than the players are.

If the game's not dead yet, it feels a lot like PWE's trying to kill it rapidly. b:shocked
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • Foxy_Fiona - Heavens Tear
    Foxy_Fiona - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Just got an email from PWI. It had a code for free hypers and some other info.
    DQ Shop Update - Check out the newest additions to the DQ Shop: Shinobi and Vampire fashion sets!

Not all that impressive since those are old fashions, but whatever as long as they left the demon/sage cards and pigments alone. :P
  • Fintan - Lost City
    edited December 2011

Not all that impressive since those are old fashions, but whatever as long as they left the demon/sage cards and pigments alone. :P

Didn't get the mail. b:cryb:angry Looks like they still haven't gotten around to telling ExactTarget that their bulk mail is being sent from servers with broken DNS. Funny how they spend money on sending these emails and they don't even care that the paying customers they're targeting don't reliably get them.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • sjslover
    sjslover Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    It's been a couple hours, why isn't the page back yet?!?!?!?

and I'm gonna be pissed if they remove anything!!!! b:angry
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited December 2011

Fashion, directly in the dq point system? OMG! Be still my heart!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Ecstazy - Dreamweaver
    Ecstazy - Dreamweaver Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Seriously? I just sold the last of the DQ i needed for dyes and the page is down. That seriously ticks me off. ._.

Lol...same... ._.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    7:00 PST has come and gone. o.o

Just sayin.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • IndigoKidd - Heavens Tear
    IndigoKidd - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    yea 7 pm but they didn't specify the date b:shocked
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    yea 7 pm but they didn't specify the date b:shocked

February 30.

b:chuckle
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Ecstazy - Dreamweaver
    Ecstazy - Dreamweaver Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Geez, they're taking forever D: I wanna dye my fash alreadyb:angry
  • Kokytos - Harshlands
    Kokytos - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Better not touch my demon/sage event card! b:angry
  • Aasaf - Sanctuary
    Aasaf - Sanctuary Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Good thing i checked here, was about to get a demon/sage card to refine some stuff. Hope it comes back up soon, 9PM PST is coming by. I am guessing "Chimei Companion Pet" added for 10k dq points b:victory.
  • Gohanssj - Heavens Tear
    Gohanssj - Heavens Tear Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    cant wait for the fashion items they said they were adding to rewards page in the email they sent me
  • RedWoodred - Harshlands
    RedWoodred - Harshlands Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Has anyone even bothered asking if the DQ points (at 2x) will still accumulate while this page/aspect of the site is down?
    Cash-shopper? That just means I have farmed REAL LIFE, and I want to spend my recreational funds in this game. +12 or GTFO!
    ---
    RedWoodred (Full 2nd Cast Nirvana AA Sage Veno); WiskrBisquit (Rank 9 2nd Cast Sage Archer); Puuka (Rank 8 Sage Psychic); Kanu_Unchou (Demon BM Nirvana Farmer); \Wasabi (Assassin); AerynSoon (Full G16+ Sage Seeker); DawnTreader (Mystic)
  • RedWoodred - Harshlands
    RedWoodred - Harshlands Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Where does it say they are adding fashion items to the REWARD PAGE? It does say that if a character is in game for 10 hours (total) during the time from 12/21/11 until 1/2/12 that they will receive free fashion. Please read it carefully. Don't assume.
    Cash-shopper? That just means I have farmed REAL LIFE, and I want to spend my recreational funds in this game. +12 or GTFO!
    ---
    RedWoodred (Full 2nd Cast Nirvana AA Sage Veno); WiskrBisquit (Rank 9 2nd Cast Sage Archer); Puuka (Rank 8 Sage Psychic); Kanu_Unchou (Demon BM Nirvana Farmer); \Wasabi (Assassin); AerynSoon (Full G16+ Sage Seeker); DawnTreader (Mystic)
  • Fintan - Lost City
    edited December 2011
    Good thing i checked here, was about to get a demon/sage card to refine some stuff. Hope it comes back up soon, 9PM PST is coming by. I am guessing "Chimei Companion Pet" added for 10k dq points b:victory.

I'd be mighty miffed since it's the $100 charge reward.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • Gohanssj - Heavens Tear
    Gohanssj - Heavens Tear Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    in the email they sent me they said they are adding more items to the DQ rewards page including a new fashion set they didnt specify the name but they said theres a set going in no its not the same set as being logged in for 10 hours either
This discussion has been closed.