Odd Spammer on Dreamweaver

HellaKitten - Dreamweaver
HellaKitten - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
edited December 2011 in General Discussion
Anyone else getting pm'ed as soon as you log into server from sllgames? They have pm'ed all of my characters so far the second I've logged into game and it's getting annoying/creepy LOL

What they usually say is something like "Wild Lotus- Get your free mounts and fashion now! ~~www.(their website name).com~~"
b:sad
Post edited by HellaKitten - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• XMiyala - Dreamweaver
    XMiyala - Dreamweaver Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    One of my faction mates had this happen to him. It was confirmed that the spammer is trying to promote a new private server..... which is probably bannable to promote.
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I've gotten PMs like that on my characters on RT and Momogannon. They only seem to happen to my characters in West Arch though. Maybe it's a bot that sends whispers to anyone nearby?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asgardeus - Sanctuary
    Asgardeus - Sanctuary Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    There's one of those spammers in west arch on Sanc too. Whispered me twice as soon as I logged in.
    Name's Duncanas.

Stupid bot spammers...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    Sagek - Sanctuary Posts: 1,156 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Yea I got Pm'd from Duncanas guy talking about private server but having to log in through their website. phising site.
  • Kweer - Sanctuary
    Kweer - Sanctuary Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    There's one of those spammers in west arch on Sanc too. Whispered me twice as soon as I logged in.
    Name's Duncanas.

Stupid bot spammers...

Same here. As soon as I entered west arch, got hit with 2 pm's at once from same person, promoting their server. However, I never got the addy....

Which is fine. I don't approve of private servers who have bots who can't spell properly anyway.
    b:nosebleed ಥ_ಥ PWI Follower since Jan '08 ಥ_ಥ b:nosebleed
    RisenPhoenix - 100 - Demon- Cleric - Sanctuary
    Ceshiari - 100 Barbarian - Sage - Sanctuary
    Nakhtuul - 100 Blademaster - Demon - Archosaur
    Nakhtuul - 8x Seeker - Sage - Archosaur
    Kehrendorh - 100 Archer - Demon - Archosaur
    /\pollo - 7x Cleric - Future Sage - Sanctuary
    Kweer - 7x Assassin - Future Demon - Sanctuary
  • Aquyla - Heavens Tear
    Aquyla - Heavens Tear Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    it's also on HT. just got PMed at archo entrance.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    HT has it too, I logged on to WC, and I got like 3 PMs from the same guy pretty quickly, I was in RT though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • HellaKitten - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for letting me know I wasn't the only one, was getting concerned that maybe my account being getting ****.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    SS it and report it :<
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    my catshop got pmed it >_>;;;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Fintan - Lost City
    Fintan - Lost City Posts: 1,245 Arc User
    edited December 2011

There WAS a sticky thread to report these in. With the ticketing system not only being unstaffed but totally broken now, there's not much we can do but "name and shame" in GD threads about them. It violates the ToS, yes, but there's also no legitimate way to report these people that we know works.

So it's a "damned if you do, damned if you don't". Seriously, PWE, wtf? Make your people play the damn game. b:shutup
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    MuSHRooMS - Lost City (currently inviting new members) b:victory
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • KuiXing - Harshlands
    KuiXing - Harshlands Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    HL has it too, I got pmed when I walked into west archo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I have the best mom ever, she brought me drugs and fruit juice - Reavღ
    Challenge accepted I'm going to go blow up the sun - FanFon
    Those crabs are like the Energizer Bunny, they just keep going and going and going... - Wildsblade
  • Fintan - Lost City
    edited December 2011
    Just saw it in West Arch on LC. b:surrender
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • HellaKitten - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2011

of course i ss and reported, did that before i made the thread. i wanted to know if anyone else was having this issue because my fear was if they weren't then i was being ****. it wasn't my intention to name and shame however. just to get some clarity into whatever was going on. thanks for the help everyone and happy holidays. b:victory
  • Fintan - Lost City
    edited December 2011
    Awesome. People are falling for the spam. I've talked to a couple people now who have been gullible enough to visit the spammed site. "I entered my PWI info and now what?" to which I simply had to facepalm and tell them to change their game password...

Good going, PWE, nipping this in the bud.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • _Nei_ - Sanctuary
    _Nei_ - Sanctuary Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Same here for Sanctuary server.
    Hubby and I got pm'ed when going to pick mq.
    Also my shops got spammed aswell -_-''
    Same player named for Sanctuary server.
    That spam **** is for a private server or atleast that's what you got in the pm.... maybe is another new wave of account hackers.
    [SIGPIC]C:\Users\Fatima\Pictures\neivindicatequickfix.png[/SIGPIC]
  • condo2009
    condo2009 Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    also on the french server as well today
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    well if your gona log in ur pwi info ur un idiot and should be shoot in da head.
    it is nothing but a scamming way to get your acc info it seems and why would you wana go on a p server.
    when you knew is gona end in pretty much the same way.
    always nice at the very start with low population but sooner or later gona end pretty much the same way.

i so prefered old pw_my over how pwi is now but i am in pwi now and when i quiet i wont go back on yet another pw.

dono how many years in total but enough is enough the game is no longer what i liked when i started. now its all about doing everything in less then 5 min qq about gold prices
    gooners etc etc
  • Asgardeus - Sanctuary
    edited December 2011
    Someone named ELiafe is currently spamming same stuff on Sanc. Heads up, don't fall for it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Light_Ares - Lost City
    Light_Ares - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    yea, i got that too in west arch. once when i logged in (in west), second when i went there on foot. couple of guildies been also gettin it
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    So the big question becomes...

WHY hasn't this person been IP Banned yet?

Huh...

Come to think of it...

I doubt anything is gonna get done about this for the next few weeks at best >_>

This is a SPAM BOT, not someone sitting at a keyboard. >_> So why hasn't it been taken care of yet?
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • ItsAWolf - Archosaur
    ItsAWolf - Archosaur Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    So the big question becomes...

WHY hasn't this person been IP Banned yet?

Huh...

Come to think of it...

I doubt anything is gonna get done about this for the next few weeks at best >_>

This is a SPAM BOT, not someone sitting at a keyboard. >_> So why hasn't it been taken care of yet?

Because they'll just get another IP address, make another lvl 1 char and continue spamming. It's quite simply impossible to stop this without somehow imposing on other people's gaming experience.

I prefer them not getting banned, so I only need to blacklist person one time, instead of a couple times a week.
  • _Nei_ - Sanctuary
    _Nei_ - Sanctuary Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    OfC is a spam Bot I got 3 whispers straight with all the scam info... so obviously a person cannot sit there and type all the speech at every chara who just logged on..........

Like Wolf said they just get one account banned and create a new one to start with the spam again.

Sanctuary has a new spammer named by Asgardeous.

Everyone around west archo is getting pm'ed.
    [SIGPIC]C:\Users\Fatima\Pictures\neivindicatequickfix.png[/SIGPIC]
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Because they'll just get another IP address, make another lvl 1 char and continue spamming. It's quite simply impossible to stop this without somehow imposing on other people's gaming experience.

I prefer them not getting banned, so I only need to blacklist person one time, instead of a couple times a week.

Not really the case.

If they were to do what you said above, it would become something that the person's ISP would become annoyed at, if they knew they were doing it. Abuse of services, and such. If they were to intentionally switch to new IP's more than a few times, PWE's legal staff would simply have to contact the annoying ***' ISP and request a cease and desist on the user, and assuming it's not a stupid ****** ISP like AOL, they would contact that person and tell them their service would be terminated and their name blacklisted if they didn't stop.

However, this required someone to stop playing Halo 2 at PWE and actually do something, which means it never will happen.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited December 2011
    Not really the case.

If they were to do what you said above, it would become something that the person's ISP would become annoyed at, if they knew they were doing it. Abuse of services, and such. If they were to intentionally switch to new IP's more than a few times, PWE's legal staff would simply have to contact the annoying ***' ISP and request a cease and desist on the user, and assuming it's not a stupid ****** ISP like AOL, they would contact that person and tell them their service would be terminated and their name blacklisted if they didn't stop.

However, this required someone to stop playing Halo 2 at PWE and actually do something, which means it never will happen.

Unless, of course, the offending party also switched companies, and that's assuming that they aren't already running through a proxy service. (Which they most likely are.)

Also, since when did PWE upgrade to Halo 2? I thought they were still on Wolfenstien.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asgardeus - Sanctuary
    edited December 2011
    I got the same bs message in raging tides earlier too ~_~

Can we please get rid of those bots already? *sigh*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver
    _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 753 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Blacklist/Ignore, Profit
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I Miss the old days of PWIb:surrender
  • Fintan - Lost City
    edited December 2011
    Also, since when did PWE upgrade to Halo 2? I thought they were still on Wolfenstien.

They're still trying to beat the Apple II original... b:surrender
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • Asgardeus - Sanctuary
    edited December 2011
    Blacklist/Ignore, Profit

Yea, that would solve my problem.

However, there are kids in my faction. And the last thing I want is them falling for it and getting robbed. Just get rid of those bs spammers...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]