Why can't you enter Stores in citys?

Sagek - Sanctuary
Sagek - Sanctuary Posts: 1,156 Arc User
edited December 2011 in General Discussion
Is it a techincal issue or just not enough man power? All of these great building in the city that are screaming to be explored but all you can do is stand outside and look through the window.. well not even that.. :sigh:
Post edited by Sagek - Sanctuary on

Comments

• krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited December 2011
    Is it a techincal issue or just not enough man power? All of these great building in the city that are screaming to be explored but all you can do is stand outside and look through the window.. well not even that.. :sigh:

Visit Tellus, you can go into quite a few buildings there. I think it's slowly becoming more popular to do stuff like that, unlike when this game was originally created.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    What makes you so sure they're all shops?

There ARE some buildings you can enter (and others you can glitch into) but it kinda adds a bit of realism that you can't do a link and break into everyone's house, smash their stuff, and then randomly leave.

Besides, unless you wanted a ton of extra and mostly unused instances wasting space (which is how it'd work for PWI), there would barely be any space to even move in most of the "houses" shown in PWI.
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    edited December 2011
    Ahh thats good to hear! I hope this becomes more of a fad. Having a bunch of Cardboard buildings is rather bland. no one said anything about going in and breaking stuff.. but would you really be against having an option to do that if it was offered in game? Are you really happy with just having a Mundane cardboard cut out city that offers no City life?
  • Fintan - Lost City
    Fintan - Lost City Posts: 1,245 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    kossy, wtf? So we walk into an instance when we go into the Apothecary's house in South Arch to talk to him? I think you don't understand what's being requested here and how it works.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    MuSHRooMS - Lost City (currently inviting new members) b:victory
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • truekossy
    edited December 2011
    No!

If I get an option to walk into the apothecary's house, he better have pots in there I can smash for rupees and then after stealing his money, be able to walk up to him/her and buy stuff with zero complaints!

But on a more serious note, PW's devs would either wind up using the instance method I mentioned earlier (kinda terribad in all honesty) or would do more like they've been doing since raging tide and simply remove the doors from certain buildings and allow you to enter them. The latter can be seen in Tellus easily but there are certain other areas it holds true. Unfortunately, the odds of them extending it to the older areas are near zero because that would require a bit of actual work (and a rather large modification to the existing map).
  • Aizza - Harshlands
    Aizza - Harshlands Posts: 719 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Having a bunch of Cardboard buildings is rather bland.

It's not just that.... it gives us more locations to go, gather and .. I dunno it just feels more cozy to me...

Those people that think they know everything... annoy those of us that do...
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    edited December 2011
    I dunno it just feels more cozy to me...

I agree with this. Simple things like making the Windows of the building Light up would go a long way. it would give the city a feeling of being alive.
  • truekossy
    edited December 2011
    Can't help but agree. It's why one of my favorite spots to just chill in Archo is the house in North district with the glitched wall you can jump into.

I personally wish they had been more like the recent expansions from the start in terms of the overall house/city feels, but I kinda get by that by playing around in the new areas when I just want a change of tone and scenery.
  • SoulRequiem - Sanctuary
    SoulRequiem - Sanctuary Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I think someone here just played Skyrim....

b:chuckle
    WTB>More Fash
    Currently Want-to-buy list>>(W=White;B=Black;A=Any color)
    ((W. Steampunk Top \\ W. Aegan Dress \\ W. Road Warrior Vest and Shorts \\ W. Cougar Top \\ W. Barfighter Top \\B. Chipao \\ Trading B. Shinobi Set to White \\ B. Bowknot Top \\ W. Porcelian Dress \\ B. Leopard Boots \\W. Corsair Dress \\ B. Debutante Dress \\ W. Sunshine Blouse \\ W. Tiger Lily Dress \\ W. Stardust Dress \\ \\ Red Bikini Bottom \\ W. Crown Princess Dress))
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    "Why can't you enter Stores in citys?"

hm... in pwi...

stores = npc
    npc = people
    enter = ...people?
    [insert image]

conclusion: We cant enter stores in pwi because it would be rated R b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    edited December 2011

hm... in pwi...

stores = npc
    npc = people
    enter = ...people?
    [insert image]

Who can argue with flawless logic like this?b:chuckle

Altho I think stores would be NPS, no?
  • Asgardeus - Sanctuary
    Asgardeus - Sanctuary Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Lmao at Deceptistars logic. XD

@OP Because this is not Zelda b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited December 2011

hm... in pwi...

stores = npc
    npc = people
    enter = ...people?
    [insert image]

b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    edited December 2011
    it is strange that PWI would focus so hard on making such a visually stunning game and then completely fall short on the actually building structures.
  • Kweer - Sanctuary
    Kweer - Sanctuary Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    it is strange that PWI would focus so hard on making such a visually stunning game and then completely fall short on the actually building structures.

When the game was created, it was not immensely popular at the time to have virtual buildings you can walk your pixels through the front door.

The first sign that PWE was experimenting with this concept was the starting area of the Tideborn race, I believe. You go into a little hut to speak with a guy there. I thought it was neat, and added a nice touch.

I always did wish that they would revamp the buildings. Not all of them, ofc, but the main ones that have npc's.

But this would require PWE to fork over cash to get better servers which could handle the overwhelming code that it takes to make it happen.

A dreamer can dream, right? b:surrender
    b:nosebleed ಥ_ಥ PWI Follower since Jan '08 ಥ_ಥ b:nosebleed
    RisenPhoenix - 100 - Demon- Cleric - Sanctuary
    Ceshiari - 100 Barbarian - Sage - Sanctuary
    Nakhtuul - 100 Blademaster - Demon - Archosaur
    Nakhtuul - 8x Seeker - Sage - Archosaur
    Kehrendorh - 100 Archer - Demon - Archosaur
    /\pollo - 7x Cleric - Future Sage - Sanctuary
    Kweer - 7x Assassin - Future Demon - Sanctuary
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    edited December 2011
    A dreamer can dream, right? b:surrender

Yea I've lived to long to just say, "Oh well they will never do it let me just accept things for the way they are."

Things change when people start voicing their opinion, I really should have started a poll so MODs,Dev,Operation Managers, etc could see how many people want stuff to change. Thats all that matters is #'s so you give them #'s by polls. We are paying customers(Whether you're paying Time or money) and despite what people think The company PWI does care to an extent. I think they are just spread thin as far as dev's seeing how many games they have to provide new content, updates, bug fixes, etc to.

But don't discredit the players ability to get things to change. (not saying you were just commenting)
  • Fintan - Lost City
    edited December 2011
    Thats all that matters is #'s so you give them #'s by polls.

Except that there's little evidence that PWE reads the forum aside from randomly clicking a thread and replying with something that doesn't actually answer any of the thread's questions/concerns. b:surrender
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    edited December 2011
    I'm pretty sure they don't all come on the forums and read through all of the Rant threads, thats what forum mods are for typically. If the forum mod see's a huge amount of people talking about something specific they bring it up to their higher ups. Doing a poll in my opinion is better because it's a quick summry for the mod without them having to read through 60 - 70 pages(Depending on the topic) of rants and post that don't have anything to do with anything.

Quick and to the point.
  • laloner
    laloner Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    You can walk into the blacksmiths store in Tellus. Assuming you can find it or anything else your looking for in Tellus.
    AKA PermaSpark, Heartshatter
  • Fintan - Lost City
    edited December 2011
    I'm pretty sure they don't all come on the forums and read through all of the Rant threads, thats what forum mods are for typically. If the forum mod see's a huge amount of people talking about something specific they bring it up to their higher ups. Doing a poll in my opinion is better because it's a quick summry for the mod without them having to read through 60 - 70 pages(Depending on the topic) of rants and post that don't have anything to do with anything.

Quick and to the point.

The past 3+ years playing this game have indicated that this is not the case. They simply kinda forget that the forum exists unless they want to post something.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • truekossy
    edited December 2011
    This thread is a good example. It's been active for around 8 months, gets posted in pretty much daily, has been shown as something with a great deal of support according to the poll.... and has been completely ignored by the staff with the exception of a few mods who also support the thread.

And that one is something fully within PWI's ability to control and implement. The threads wanting some form of real change tend to fare far worse.
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    edited December 2011
    Ok i don't want to turn my thread into a "the GM's, Dev's don't care about us" thread. I agree that maybe they are not prompt in a response or fixing the Issue. All I can say about that is, it's obvious that the US/EU/RU, etc version is not the Primary platform. Theres multipule forums for each of these versions so a lot of feed back is flowing into them(maybe). I really do not think the work force behind PWI sit around all day with nothing to do. Even when they do listen they have to figure out how they will be able to impliment the idea in the most balanced way into the game. It's just a lot of work. It's not a flick of the switch kinda thing.

But they need to listen to my idea and get rid of the cardboard box buildings b:chuckle
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    You just don't get it. The game engine is nearly 10 years old now. This outdaged engine can't do much more than it already does. In fact, just to get transparent glass, they broke the rendering engine and the issues that were created that allowed for transparent glass has never been fixed.

Try coding it yourself, you'll have more luck with that than asking this here.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    edited December 2011
    You just don't get it. The game engine is nearly 10 years old now. This outdaged engine can't do much more than it already does. In fact, just to get transparent glass, they broke the rendering engine and the issues that were created that allowed for transparent glass has never been fixed.

Try coding it yourself, you'll have more luck with that than asking this here.

It's not about getting it. You're the first to say it's not possible or at least hint to the idea that it isn't. I am in no way saying it wouldn't be time consuming/hard work or any of the above. But that doesn't mean that it isn't a valid suggestion and that people would enjoy it. Plus they Did it in tellus.. so it does not seem to be impossible.

You don't need transparent glass if your using the Instance idea. As far as the scripting of NPS to make them do "Actions" is there in game just under utilized. So yes Time consuming work that maybe they are under staffed for or maybe they are just overwhelmed with projects already in motion that can't be put on hold just to fix something else. I question your comment about them running off a 10yr engine tho.
  • Fintan - Lost City
    edited December 2011
    It's not about getting it. You're the first to say it's not possible or at least hint to the idea that it isn't. I am in no way saying it wouldn't be time consuming/hard work or any of the above. But that doesn't mean that it isn't a valid suggestion and that people would enjoy it.

Not only is it possible, it's been implemented for ages. Again, go visit the Apothecary in South Arch.

They just need to move NPCs around. That's mostly an annoyance to the userbase and it takes time to add the insides of buildings on the maps.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com