is PWI still a game?

_Thia_ - Dreamweaver
_Thia_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 187 Arc User
edited December 2011 in General Discussion
When i logged this morning, hoping that the update would bring some FUN events, like the past years, and yet i see.... a boutique update. In fact the only thing matters. Now it's the R9 paranoia because ofc it's where the money is. Fixing bugs or creating events that require some imagination and actually amuse the players is not part of this game's goals anymore. So my question is...is this still a game or is it a shop?
Fortunatly other games not so money oriented still have some fun event activities, like BOI for instance where everyone is having fun hunting snowflakes :)
It's a pitty my favourite game is losing it. Really.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by _Thia_ - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• pwiqq
    pwiqq Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    When i logged this morning, hoping that the update would bring some FUN events, like the past years, and yet i see.... a boutique update. In fact the only thing matters. Now it's the R9 paranoia because ofc it's where the money is. Fixing bugs or creating events that require some imagination and actually amuse the players is not part of this game's goals anymore. So my question is...is this still a game or is it a shop?
    Fortunatly other games not so money oriented still have some fun event activities, like BOI for instance where everyone is having fun hunting snowflakes :)

NA IT IZ A CCOCONUT!
    b:shutup b:shocked b:bye

pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1138561&page=2

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FooFooKity - Heavens Tear
    FooFooKity - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    It would be nice to see some events in the game that dont revolve around the "O" button, but I think those days have come and gone. Having pack sales, fashion sales, orb sales every other week doesnt qualify as events. Where is the GM involvement in this game? Are there even any GM's left in this game, it doesnt seem so. I had high hopes for Frankie when he first took over, there were atleast a couple of events back then, now we are back to no events or sales that are called events.
    Each Christmas has been more disappointing than the last, fewer and fewer events taking place. Every year the events have shorter time spans, guess next year we wont have any event at all at the rate they are going. This yr only 3 days first year it was entire month of December. So sad to see such a lovely game be neglected by the GM's.
  • Yamasura - Lost City
    Yamasura - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    pwiqq wrote: »

NA IT IZ A CCOCONUT!
    b:shutup b:shocked b:bye

HAHAHAHA.b:angry er

Also i guess it is a game.
  • Aizza - Harshlands
    Aizza - Harshlands Posts: 719 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Sure... it's a game. But, there are even more classes than are listed:

Users
    For Users, it's a game of co-dependance, to see how much the group you cling to, kiss up to, will supply you w/what it is you want and need. When they tire, then you move on. New group, new ingame-spouse, new.. everything. Many hide behind this 'friendship' but forget that friendship is a 2 sided coin - only in this relationship, there is taking and receiving but no giving.

ArmChair Warrior
    I like to think of this person as someone that hops in the game to rage, shake things up and just give everyone pure hell...o. To them, it's not about the stuff but being the Rambo-Buttkicking-Warrior they are at heart.

Snits
    These are the snitty girls/guys that have nothing to say but insults. Even when they compliment you, it comes off as just utterly rude. And they go on and on, and get their little groupies involved all.. tweetering at you with their bird-brain talk and laughter. The interesting thing about this type of player? They won't step out of SZ w/o OP friends watching their rear & if you do catch them .. say.. doing cultivation, then they call their back-up buds and all stand in sz and.. hurl insults at you.

Don't-Fark-With-Me-Loner
    This is my group. I don't need anyone, I don't need a guild, I don't need a spouse. Get in my face and I don't need you. I'm generally quiet and keep to myself. Many make the mistake of confusing my kindness for weakness. When I see them out of sz I will kill them, and if I cannot I'll suffer their guild or spouse and tell them to thank the big-mouth-all-talk-no-action-snit. This is the type of person that generally does not mess with you unless you force their hand.

Helpers
    These are the kind ones you see helping almost everyone. They are cheerful, never say a mean word about anyone and they make the game fun. They are good at inspiring folks, pk when needed but all around are pretty nice folks. Sadly, most times the Snits are their friends.
  • pwiqq
    pwiqq Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Sure... it's a game. But, there are even more classes than are listed:

Users
    For Users, it's a game of co-dependance, to see how much the group you cling to, kiss up to, will supply you w/what it is you want and need. When they tire, then you move on. New group, new ingame-spouse, new.. everything. Many hide behind this 'friendship' but forget that friendship is a 2 sided coin - only in this relationship, there is taking and receiving but no giving.

ArmChair Warrior
    I like to think of this person as someone that hops in the game to rage, shake things up and just give everyone pure hell...o. To them, it's not about the stuff but being the Rambo-Buttkicking-Warrior they are at heart.

Snits
    These are the snitty girls/guys that have nothing to say but insults. Even when they compliment you, it comes off as just utterly rude. And they go on and on, and get their little groupies involved all.. tweetering at you with their bird-brain talk and laughter. The interesting thing about this type of player? They won't step out of SZ w/o OP friends watching their rear & if you do catch them .. say.. doing cultivation, then they call their back-up buds and all stand in sz and.. hurl insults at you.

Don't-Fark-With-Me-Loner
    This is my group. I don't need anyone, I don't need a guild, I don't need a spouse. Get in my face and I don't need you. I'm generally quiet and keep to myself. Many make the mistake of confusing my kindness for weakness. When I see them out of sz I will kill them, and if I cannot I'll suffer their guild or spouse and tell them to thank the big-mouth-all-talk-no-action-snit. This is the type of person that generally does not mess with you unless you force their hand.

Helpers
    These are the kind ones you see helping almost everyone. They are cheerful, never say a mean word about anyone and they make the game fun. They are good at inspiring folks, pk when needed but all around are pretty nice folks. Sadly, most times the Snits are their friends.

hi dew you want marry? b:dirty b:dirty b:dirty

pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1138561&page=2

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    is PWI still a game?

No. Not really. It's an avatar based chat program with avatar customization, money based clothes/fashion/accessories dress up program. There are a number of mini-games inside this avatar chat that you can earn points and redeem them for prizes, but it's lacking the typical game beginning or ending. There is no "You Win" or "Try Again" and there is no pretty ending cut-scene.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    No. Not really. It's an avatar based chat program with avatar customization, money based clothes/fashion/accessories dress up program. There are a number of mini-games inside this avatar chat that you can earn points and redeem them for prizes, but it's lacking the typical game beginning or ending. There is no "You Win" or "Try Again" and there is no pretty ending cut-scene.

This is how I am able to still enjoy my PWI experience. I take it as it is. A very advanced Social Chat system.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • XoOoOoX - Lost City
    XoOoOoX - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    r9 ruined it all, could they make it any easier to get end game, uber pro, op, end game content gear.... oh wait they just did.
  • Aizza - Harshlands
    edited December 2011
    r9 ruined it all....

Actually, not all of us did.

Many-many have items/level > because I took substantial time to assist/sponsor/farm for them.

When a cleric and barb cannot be found for BH, I volunteer. I prefer people try to get a well rounded squad to go but it's not always possible.

I've taught many Venos/Sins how to run TT, helped them get their 70/80 mats and taught many Sins how to run FC.

It's not about the R9, it's about the mindset of the person wearing the R9 and that type of thinking can be any rank or none-ranked person.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited December 2011

Wow, I actually agree with this. b:shocked
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Sadly, it started as one, now it's just a huge cash dump for some..

"Lower rank gear", yup go ahead, make all the kind of money you want. It's like PWE realized they failed with one of their latest releases where you can get a mount for 150$ !!! Getting greedier each day, making the game I conce love even less and less enjoyable for the casual, occasionnal payer.

Now everyone and their mom's runs in R8/R9, what was once suppose to be a rarity is now almost a requirement.

Now :

"Looking for squad for Caster Nirvana, must be R8/R9, +10, Link wep"

In a near future :

"Looking for squad for bh89, R8/R9 + 10 prefered"

Thank you for ruinning the fun of some here, really.. What was once a game where players helped each others out has now become a game where people became selfish, high ego's and like someone said..Just eventually a huge freaking costy chatroom .

Ty PWE for keeping the non working/not great at merchanding people in mind, really you make life so much easier for them and give them soooooooooo many reasons to want to stay and love the game !! Not....
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    "Looking for squad for bh89, R8/R9 + 10 prefered"

I actually wouldn't put it past people to say this and be none the wiser too b:surrender
  • Literature - Harshlands
    Literature - Harshlands Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited December 2011

From what I see on the forums, I don't think it's a game. It seems like another means for people with money to show off that they have money. Get what I mean? lol. I mean someone might buy an expensive car or some new clothes in real life but the gamer goes to PWI and buys an R9 set.

Thinking about it now, it wasn't really a "game" back when I was active. I was constantly pressured to spend money to compete and actually I gave in sometimes. b:shocked

It is my opinion that all free 2 play mmo's are not games but e-peen extenders.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    why are you even concerned about it. pple have and still can have alot of fun ingame without GM given events. The fact that you cant ignore the sales (aka the chance for others to get better gear) tells me something else.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • _Thia_ - Dreamweaver
    _Thia_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    why are you even concerned about it. pple have and still can have alot of fun ingame without GM given events. The fact that you cant ignore the sales (aka the chance for others to get better gear) tells me something else.

What does it tell you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    What does it tell you?
    your sidetracked about the pple that might have the opportunity to obtain better things than you with RL money, when in fact u can have fun without having to do with anything related to sales, and the comparison of things associated with them.

if thats not it then your just QQing cause there are other f2p games that dont even get a weekly maintenance, sale/event or not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Aizza - Harshlands
    edited December 2011
    It seems like another means for people with money to show off that they have money.

Your level, your gear, your refines - does not define you. How you are as a person, your skillset & your actions/inactions do.

If other people think it does, then those are probably not the best people to hang with or be around.