Sales?

Aurantiumina - Heavens Tear
Aurantiumina - Heavens Tear Posts: 344 Arc User
edited December 2011 in General Discussion
So, I was wondering...

WHEN EXACTLY DO THE DAMN FAIL SALES END?!

Please let me know, as current gold prices make the sales pointless anyway (fact is, stuff is on sale but it still costs the same amount of coins due to gold prices being double of what they were before the sales started).

And no, I'm not really whining, I just think it was a much better system when you would post both sale beggining and end whenever you'd make new ones, so people could actually coordinate and plan out their gaming. This new trend you have is ridiculous.

Anybody else wants to know when the stuff ends?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"sorry i hate post like this,im not trolling it,Im freakin gargoyaling it." - OIdpop - Heavens Tear
"You can't quit untill you try, you can't live untill you die; You can't learn to tell the truth untill you learn to lie
You can't breathe untill you choke; You gotta laugh when you're the joke
There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel ALIVE" - Lyrics (not mine obviously coz I'm dumbb:chuckle)
Post edited by Aurantiumina - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Pyrostormz - Raging Tide
    Pyrostormz - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    i suspect its to make it harder for merchants to play the market, so that we have to cash shop more

they fail, but they try
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    It doesn't make it hard for merchants at all...high gold or low gold is fine. It's just kind of funny that gold is higher than it was last week, bumping the GST price to ~7.5m

Without the packs and at 5 gold each, GSTs were at like 6m each before, so it's probably just people going nuts over Tues night as always.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Aurantiumina - Heavens Tear
    Aurantiumina - Heavens Tear Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Actually it's perfectly indifferent for merchants, as they base the prices on gold prices anyway...you'll see prices fluctuating up and down in the same trend-line as gold prices...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "sorry i hate post like this,im not trolling it,Im freakin gargoyaling it." - OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    "You can't quit untill you try, you can't live untill you die; You can't learn to tell the truth untill you learn to lie
    You can't breathe untill you choke; You gotta laugh when you're the joke
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel ALIVE" - Lyrics (not mine obviously coz I'm dumbb:chuckle)
  • Pyrostormz - Raging Tide
    Pyrostormz - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Actually it's perfectly indifferent for merchants, as they base the prices on gold prices anyway...you'll see prices fluctuating up and down in the same trend-line as gold prices...

higher gold prices are actually better for big time merchants, as it drives a lot of the smaller players out of the market
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • Divine_Death - Harshlands
    Divine_Death - Harshlands Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Please let me know, as current gold prices make the sales pointless anyway (fact is, stuff is on sale but it still costs the same amount of coins due to gold prices being double of what they were before the sales started).

Not to the cashshopers.

*gasp* now you get it.
  • Tyramera - Dreamweaver
    Tyramera - Dreamweaver Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Not to the cashshopers.

*gasp* now you get it.

This pretty much^^

Those buying zen get double benefit. Everything in the boutique they now get cheaper (packs, orbs, rank stuff, mounts) and they also get almost 2 mil (on DW) per gold if they want coin instead.

I preferred merchanting when sales had end dates and didn't last weeks and weeks, but coin can still be made.

Those trying to get cash shop items via farming are probably hardest hit by the combination of 2x reducing the price of mats they want to sell, while gold prices climbing higher.

PWI obviously caters to the first group. Short-term wise, PWI is probably making a killing this last quarter.