Why I like PWI

Options
Mythsoul - Heavens Tear
Mythsoul - Heavens Tear Posts: 310 Arc User
edited December 2011 in General Discussion
So many threads around about how broken the game is, so I thought I'd post about why I love the PWI.

People say PWI a cash shoppers game, but in all honesty it's not, how many people out there are 3.33-5.0 aps without spending a cent on the game, ever? during 2x I make 700k an hour farming DQ, I make upto 4mill an hour doing TT. Sure if I say "I want +12 rank 9 4 socket bla bla bla" you're never going to achieve anything. I have Nirvana axe, TT100 fists, 8khp farmed almost all of it, and for what I charged, is less than what I would have spent on a p2p game such as wow or w/e.

With gear and such aside I'd like to add PWI has a better community than any other game I've ever played, honestly you guys are amazing b:victory getting help, finding interesting discussions, so easy on this game (ofc you have your butt holes who make trouble but which game doesn't?)

But my main reason I love PWI, I can stop playing for a week or more, due to study, work, real life whatever it is, and I can pick up from where I left off whereas on a game like FW every day you miss, you lose soo much needed exp and gems due to the dailies resetting.

So all in all, I like PWI because I can fit it into my life, and I don't need to alter my life's schedule to match perfect world's and if I want a game that requires 0 effort I just play some fps or w/e.

Stop making threads about how broken PWI is, just because you aren't capable of farming, doesn't mean everyone isnt.

tl:dr PW is great
All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring.
Post edited by Mythsoul - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Mururmaruzh - Lost City
    Mururmaruzh - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Mururmaruzh Pin Porormuruzh likes PWI b:victory
  • lordhanzo
    lordhanzo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    they're just to obsessed with all the things they saw :)

well, for me, just enjoy what you have and just enjoy the flow of the game. why so serious anyway...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'm on Heavens Tear!
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    People say PWI a cash shoppers game, but in all honesty it's not, how many people out there are 3.33-5.0 aps without spending a cent on the game, ever?

That's easy to say having an established veteran char and playing the game for a few years. Try starting off now on a different server with nothing.

Yeah, sure... I can go ahead and solo farm 3-2/3-3/2-3, etc... and make decent coin if I want. I'd like to see a nub come in try to do that from scratch. lol
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Mythsoul - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2011
    Options
    That's easy to say having an established veteran char and playing the game for a few years. Try starting off now on a different server with nothing.

I get you, it seems impossible, but it's not. Low level grinding is enough for NPC gear, join a guild and farm TT for your 60/70 gear. There are hundreds of well established players with nothing to do that can help out a guildie / friend.

Or, if having assistance is impossible, make 1) a blade master and 2) an assassin with BP and go AoE grind. All you need are calamity, legendary 7x gear and a few MP pots, HP pots and BP, honestly if you cant get that, then how can you expect to get anywhere?

and last of all, a one time payment of 10 gold or 20 gold (20/40mill coin) atm is enough to hyper you upto level 100 with decent gear so AoE grinding is a breeze
    ^ statement to all those that think it's better to pay $20 a month for a p2p game
    All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring.
  • magicsabre
    magicsabre Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    and last of all, a one time payment of 10 gold or 20 gold (20/40mill coin) atm is enough to hyper you upto level 100 with decent gear so AoE grinding is a breeze
    ^ statement to all those that think it's better to pay $20 a month for a p2p game

What is aim of such leveling ?

You will skip all quests almost.

You think, that this is game ?

If you want just PvP, then you can't win this game also.
    edited December 2011
    Options
    What is aim of such leveling ?

You will skip all quests almost.

You think, that this is game ?

If you want just PvP, then you can't win this game also.

>Make farmer
    >Make another char
    >Farm coin for that char
    >Enjoy the game

I know several people who love wizard/psy but made a BM just to farm first.

Furthermore, the game is making friends, helping each other and improving your character, not kill 90 of this and 60 of that.
  • Aizza - Harshlands
    Aizza - Harshlands Posts: 719 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options

Yeah, sure... I can go ahead and solo farm 3-2/3-3/2-3, etc... and make decent coin if I want. I'd like to see a nub come in try to do that from scratch. lol

I have.

I have alts that I do not put any $ out for, and they have to earn it all. One veno got to lvl 5 crafting/potion on all. I have done almost all of her quests and when I need a boss then I just go to the spot, farm and wait.

I also joined a guild that is small and it is fun. Really... Sure, I don't have the best of the best gear but ask yourself - why is it needed if I don't visit PvP areas or TW?

On our server, you can farm virtually anywhere and not run into a pker for most of the day.
  • MyuMyu - Harshlands
    MyuMyu - Harshlands Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Depends on what u play this game for.

If ur aim is to compete with other and to be the best, then u wont be satisfied until u have all the best gears+12 and up-to-date items.....

me, I play just to goof around, so yeah, this game is a good time killer for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fintan - Lost City
    Fintan - Lost City Posts: 1,245 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Furthermore, the game is making friends, helping each other and improving your character, not kill 90 of this and 60 of that.

That killing teaches many valuable lessons. It's quite arguable that skipping those lessons is a large part of the reason for the various amounts of hate in PWI right now.
    On our server, you can farm virtually anywhere and not run into a pker for most of the day.

HL is the PvP version of Arch? b:shocked Learn something new every day, one does.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    MuSHRooMS - Lost City (currently inviting new members) b:victory
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • Aizza - Harshlands
    Aizza - Harshlands Posts: 719 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I love PWI that's all that matters and if you don't agree come to HL so I can hurt ... I mean.... convince you...

All I want for Christmas is a cute Rank9 Psy ~
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I honestly don't know why people who only play PvE play post 100. b:surrender

PvP is part of the game. Even on PvE servers. PvP is frankly the point to getting all that gear you're saving for. Every single PvE instance in this game can be completed by a group of moderate or low geared people.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    PWi can be a great game if you do not let the temptations of "being the best of the best" get to you.

However most players let it get it to them, which is why most rage at one simple thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options

PvP is part of the game. Even on PvE servers. PvP is frankly the point to getting all that gear you're saving for. Every single PvE instance in this game can be completed by a group of moderate or low geared people.

Some people are turned off by the prospect of being steamrolled by people with more money (and hence better gear) than them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    Sagek - Sanctuary Posts: 1,156 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I like PWI a lot. There are things I would like to see Added/Altered but in no way do I consider the game broken or unfixable.
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Im almost always lost between all the options - level alts, do quest, craft, merchant, farm, level mains of course and try myself out multiclienting. Plenty to do.

EDIT - oh and looking forward to the new expansion with all the skills
  • ImNotFiveAps - Dreamweaver
    ImNotFiveAps - Dreamweaver Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    That killing teaches many valuable lessons. It's quite arguable that skipping those lessons is a large part of the reason for the various amounts of hate in PWI right now.
    Repitition is key.

I dont wanna merch for 2 months to save up for 2nd cast lunar legs only to have them drop in pk and be picked up be some CSer with R9+12. Or even worse...a blue name lowbie (for those on pk servers).

With the only way to prevent item drop is to hassle with the SL or spend 50 cents per death to protect yourself, I can see why not a lot of people want to pvp. Its broken, now sure, you dont NEED to be able to beat everyone in the game to have fun, but for some reason, the people you cant beat NEED to beat you for their own pleasure.

Unfortunately with the ability to buy super OP gear, for fairly cheap, pvp has been ruined in this game. "2 bil coins is cheap?" Some might ask, well sure it is, considering its the best possible gear in the game. And nothing can beat it, you can merely tie, or get bored.

Im sorry but getting 1 shot by someone who spent more money than me isnt very fun, and neither is the whole SUPER AWESOME LOOK AT ME SIN COMBO OF: double spark > stun/immobilize > immunity > kill > stealth escape > wait for shiit to get off cooldown before blessing the world with my awesome skills again shiit. Yes im mad and yes I just bought a month of wow...lul I feel dumb saying that. But lets hope they dont fvck me as much as this stupid *** game did. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Took me 2 weeks with the help of a friend to get my Nirvana axe (1st cast) really if you're not happy with that then maybe you shouldn't be playing mmo at all?
    Kerona wrote:
    I honestly don't know why people who only play PvE play post 100.

That's like saying people shouldn't get the best computer they can because average ones can do the job. The better your gear is the more enjoyable the game becomes, it's narrow minded people like you that think the only way to have fun is to get the best gear and PvP, everyone enjoys the game in a different way.
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    sin is the most broken *** class in game.
    there no hope for ppl with tt90 tt99 gear .

dont act like your all cool in ur fish your playing the easy class roll all and i got sick of it and bought myself r9 and on my way to +10 all of my gear.

fish and interval was what made me do it tho i was so happy in my old OHT gear
    untill the unthinkable happened.

now i enjoy as i look at all those r8 and nv sins out there-