Triple Spark, Triple Spark, Triple Spark, Triple Spark, Triple Spark

Options
Burnout - Harshlands
Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
edited December 2011 in Dawnglory (EU)
R9+12 sin with all +11 armors or better vs R9 mystic with +10 weapon and armors + JoSD. No pots were used for this 1v1.

It didn't help that the sin evaded the pet's stun either, which I was hoping would land since he didn't bother to use stun immunity after I baited his tele. I was hoping to end it fast despite the buffs we had.

I was surprised, since my lysing usually succeeds. I failed on the timing twice here. If I had waited a millisecond longer on the 2nd lysing, I prolly would have won :/. Not sure if the "1" damage on the first lysing was an evasion or not, since it looked like he should have been slept on the 1st one.

On my 2nd sac + rapid growth, I was expecting to kill the sin right then and there. Unfortunately his 2nd triple spark in a row ruined my plans :(

Kinda looked like the sin saved all genie energy for occult ice and all sparks for triple spark.

I noticed the sin used a total of at least 11 sparks in a 2 minute fight. 1 headhunt, 3 triple sparks, and a few assorted skills :/. I could only muster up about 5-6 sparks during the same time, even with spamming heal for chi between sleeps.

Oh well, live and learn from your mistakes :D. b:surrender
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
Post edited by Burnout - Harshlands on

Comments

• RedBetty - Harshlands
    RedBetty - Harshlands Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    cool story bro.
    and y u no use better quality?
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    edited December 2011
    Options
    cool story bro.
    and y u no use better quality?

Ummmmmmm....

It's called getting rid of your dial-up, and clicking on the 480p icon in the lower right of the video.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • RedBetty - Harshlands
    edited December 2011
    Options
    It's called getting rid of your dial-up, and clicking on the 480p icon in the lower right of the video.

i was doing it but its still not really better....i only noticed that you are fighting SinSoul from the look of her char, cant even read the name. after fraps-ing there is a possibility to convert it onto 1080 mode ;)

and now to the pvp: i dont know much about mystics but from what i just saw its basically heal-heal-heal till your silence is ready and then you spam your quick nuke? or whats that "lysing" doing?
  • QuietKitteh - Lost City
    QuietKitteh - Lost City Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    y u no use knockback? ur a myst dammit, the only class with pvp knockback and u did not use it, u coulda used cragglord aswell but didnt... <<
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    edited December 2011
    Options
    i was doing it but its still not really better....i only noticed that you are fighting SinSoul from the look of her char, cant even read the name. after fraps-ing there is a possibility to convert it onto 1080 mode ;)

and now to the pvp: i dont know much about mystics but from what i just saw its basically heal-heal-heal till your silence is ready and then you spam your quick nuke? or whats that "lysing" doing?

Lysing nukes the plant for a 13 second sleep. I only used my main seal (thicket) once in the video, when the sin was @ ~60% hp so that I could spike his charm down. Unfortunately the first kill was prevented by deaden nerves, and the 2nd was prevented by a very timely "1" damage evasion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Burnout - Harshlands
    edited December 2011
    Options
    y u no use knockback? ur a myst dammit, the only class with pvp knockback and u did not use it, u coulda used cragglord aswell but didnt... <<

Cragglord is a waste of 2 sparks in pvp. I didn't use knockback because then it would have knocked the sin out of my sleep plant, which would be a pointless waste of 30 chi.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• QuietKitteh - Lost City
    QuietKitteh - Lost City Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Cragglord is a waste of 2 sparks in pvp. I didn't use knockback because then it would have knocked the sin out of my sleep plant, which would be a pointless waste of 30 chi.

That explains some, and the "1" dmg thingy is a skill, x amount% to evade a skill and it hits u 1hp.
  • RedBetty - Harshlands
    edited December 2011
    Options
    i have to agree @knockback.
    it might be cool that mystics have a working one but....nobody seems to use it wisely.
    on my archer i got knockbacked like 10 times in TW so far and u can say that it saved my life 90 % because i left the attack range of all those focus fireing DDS next to the knockbacking mystic O_O

and the 1 damage evasion is sadly a part of the *** *** in, burnout :/ its annoying but you cant blame your loss on it :(
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    edited December 2011
    Options
    it might be cool that mystics have a working one but....nobody seems to use it wisely.
    on my archer i got knockbacked like 10 times in TW so far and u can say that it saved my life 90 % because i left the attack range of all those focus fireing DDS next to the knockbacking mystic O_O

and the 1 damage evasion is sadly a part of the *** *** in, burnout :/ its annoying but you cant blame your loss on it :(

I didn't blame the loss on that, I lost because I mistimed my lysing during the sin's 3rd triple spark. If my lysing had hit, I would have summoned by devil, sacced it for 100% armor and 47% crit rate, then used rapid growth for -20% channel and 20% more damage, and killed him then and there.

But yeah the lysing sleep ended up fizzling, which resulted in my quick death (it's surprising how fast I die to a triple spark if I run out of counters despite the buffs.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Did anyone ever tell you your PVP vids cover extremely boring fights?

Elephant in the room, someone had to say it. b:avoid
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Barbapapa - Harshlands
    Barbapapa - Harshlands Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Seems like the Mystic is made to just drop the plants and stand there tanking instead of actually kiting around? Or did you agree to fight on the ground or something? Where you can't drop for half-damage whenever he triple sparks? I guess PWI is just providing the increasingly lazy PWI player with classes that just stand there exchanging hits and see who has more OP gear (or in this case, plays an Assassin) and wins.

Though I guess either you must be a good Mystic or that person a bad Assassin since the gear difference isn't that great and I've been able to kill well-geared (in sense of type of gear) Archers with mediocre refines (no more than +7) with my crappy Assassin with +3 R8 Daggers. And those fights were mildly challenging, so I assume with that kind of gear on an Assassin, every fight, even against the most skilled players should be a steamroll, as proven by cheze's sin on LC.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Crescendia - Harshlands
    Crescendia - Harshlands Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options

That's pretty fail... who the hell knocks back a ranged class -.- idiot mystics
    Originally Posted by Curses - Harshlands

Sidenote: hilarious name for a boat: "Yeah Buoy".

b:laughb:laugh
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    That's pretty fail... who the hell knocks back a ranged class -.- idiot mystics

Well you can't counter for a good second or two, so that's one reason to use it. It's technically an ailment.

Trust me, I'm a Psy. b:cool We reverse kite Mystics when they try to use pushback on us.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Curses - Harshlands
    Curses - Harshlands Posts: 401 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    classes that just stand still just looks like button mashing. Aside from timing and order of skills i see nothing but button mashing. Personally would rather watch a fight where positioning matters, or u at least use positioning to control cooldowns. Im wondering the same thing as barba, if u agreed to fight on the ground or w/e cuz that was like watching a barb vs barb duel. Also that sin looked awful aside from having an extremely effective strength genie for occult.
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    edited December 2011
    Options
    classes that just stand still just looks like button mashing. Aside from timing and order of skills i see nothing but button mashing. Personally would rather watch a fight where positioning matters, or u at least use positioning to control cooldowns. Im wondering the same thing as barba, if u agreed to fight on the ground or w/e cuz that was like watching a barb vs barb duel. Also that sin looked awful aside from having an extremely effective strength genie for occult.

First of all, looking at status icons before talking helps, a LOT. That little purple icon with a circle? Yep, its a root. That weird wispy icon? That's a stun. You will notice that I walk back every few seconds right before using CC. It deosn't matter whether you're 10m away or 20 - the sin can't hit if he's out of range. If you waste the entire duration of a CC walking, just so the sin can teleport back to you, that's idiotic.

I was rooted for half the time that I was forced to tank the sin - can't really kite there. I summoned the sleep plant after, which means the sin gets slept every 6 seconds momentarily. This means I can just stand there and wait for him to waste his chi on stuns, etc, while I regain chi from my sage nature's vengeance while he gets chain slept if he tries to CC me. Notice I had 0 chi after the failed spike?

The sleep plant was disruptive enough that the sin barely attacked me during my time I spent standing there nuking him. It was disruptive enough to make him triple spark. Why would I leave the plant, then, when I still needed to regain chi?

Thr 2nd demon spark was tanked because I used stun immune + nature's barrier right after. This results in 50% damage taken. I would have kited but guess what? Yep, Occult Ice. I was then forced to use leaf dance to reduce damage after my barrier wore off.

The 3rd triple spark I died on because I failed my sleep counter. I was betting everything on the fact that the lysing would sleep the sin for 13 seconds. Unfortunately that didn't happen so he tele'ed to me, occult iced, and with 0 counters I died in a little under 5 seconds.

Seems like a lot of people don't understand how many CC's an assasin has to keep someone in place.

Also, I talked to the sin after. He had 21000 hp, apparently.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Burnout - Harshlands
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Did anyone ever tell you your PVP vids cover extremely boring fights?

Elephant in the room, someone had to say it. b:avoid

Hmm this was actually my first pvp vid so I don't know where you saw others and thought they were made by me.

Guess I'll need to find more varied fights, unfortunately I almost always seem to forget to push the record button on the funniest stuff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Curses - Harshlands
    edited December 2011
    Options
    First of all, looking at status icons before talking helps, a LOT. That little purple icon with a circle? Yep, its a root. That weird wispy icon? That's a stun. You will notice that I walk back every few seconds right before using CC. It deosn't matter whether you're 10m away or 20 - the sin can't hit if he's out of range. If you waste the entire duration of a CC walking, just so the sin can teleport back to you, that's idiotic.

I was rooted for half the time that I was forced to tank the sin - can't really kite there. I summoned the sleep plant after, which means the sin gets slept every 6 seconds momentarily. This means I can just stand there and wait for him to waste his chi on stuns, etc, while I regain chi from my sage nature's vengeance while he gets chain slept if he tries to CC me. Notice I had 0 chi after the failed spike?

The sleep plant was disruptive enough that the sin barely attacked me during my time I spent standing there nuking him. It was disruptive enough to make him triple spark. Why would I leave the plant, then, when I still needed to regain chi?

Thr 2nd demon spark was tanked because I used stun immune + nature's barrier right after. This results in 50% damage taken. I would have kited but guess what? Yep, Occult Ice. I was then forced to use leaf dance to reduce damage after my barrier wore off.

The 3rd triple spark I died on because I failed my sleep counter. I was betting everything on the fact that the lysing would sleep the sin for 13 seconds. Unfortunately that didn't happen so he tele'ed to me, occult iced, and with 0 counters I died in a little under 5 seconds.

Seems like a lot of people don't understand how many CC's an assasin has to keep someone in place.

Also, I talked to the sin after. He had 21000 hp, apparently.

i didnt notice anything. I watched 30 seconds and skipped to the end when u died basically in the same place u started the fight. I watched about as much of the video as i read of this post. You used to have interesting opinions and posts. I dunno why u started posting all this pointless **** no one cares about. Are u looking for recognition for top mystic pvp'er or something. Ur the only one ive ever seen so u win the title. still looks like a boring *** class.
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    edited December 2011
    Options
    i didnt notice anything. I watched 30 seconds and skipped to the end when u died basically in the same place u started the fight. I watched about as much of the video as i read of this post. You used to have interesting opinions and posts. I dunno why u started posting all this pointless **** no one cares about. Are u looking for recognition for top mystic pvp'er or something. Ur the only one ive ever seen so u win the title. still looks like a boring *** class.

Why are you posting this then? You gotta chill, bro. Just looks like you didn't even bother watching the fight and wanted to troll here cuz you're either jealous or butthurt. Stop hatin and start doin something productive.

Don't even talk unless you understand how mystics fight. Guess what archers do? They wings of grace, walk backward, and stun shot then trololol auto. Every. Single. Fight. Guess that makes you pro?

You only thought my opinions were good because I siad things in favor of catalyst. As soon as I pour on a few harsh words, you turn into a trolling, butthurt monster.

Cool it, bro.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Curses - Harshlands
    edited December 2011
    Options
    but i just dont care.
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    edited December 2011
    Options
    but i just dont care.

Yet you post like you do. Actions speak louder than words, no? Stop making yourself look foolish, then, and just stop posting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Curses - Harshlands
    edited December 2011
    Options
    i dont care about ur skills or videos or opinion of my skills or posts. I just like your reactions. Im not worried about how im making myself look. Im not here to impress anyone. The whole server can S ma D. But its pretty clear you are looking for something.
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    edited December 2011
    Options
    i dont care about ur skills or videos or opinion of my skills or posts. I just like your reactions. Im not worried about how im making myself look. Im not here to impress anyone. The whole server can S ma D. But its pretty clear you are looking for something.

Yes. I was looking for comments on my video. I responded to every single post with my reasoning for using a certain skill or tactic, and that was my point. Reflecting on my mistakes and/or past fights makes me a better player.

NEWS FLASH: WHY WOULD I POST A DUEL WHERE I LOSE IF I WAS LOOKING FOR PPL TO CALL ME GOOD LOL?

You, on the other hand, just wants to stay mad and/or butthurt and post things to try to troll. Guess what? You're just making yourself look foolish, because I don't really care if you troll me. It actually amuses me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Curses - Harshlands
    edited December 2011
    Options
    cool.

post tag, you're it
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    edited December 2011
    Options
    cool.

post tag, you're it

Seems like you finally took that nice, deep breath and calmed down. GJ :).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• tfi2f
    tfi2f Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Have More Respect For My Pixels.
  • Curses - Harshlands
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Seems like you finally took that nice, deep breath and calmed down. GJ :).

I was gonna make a post in caps and change the font color but...
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I was gonna make a post in caps and change the font color but...

but....you don't have any good points to make so you didnt?

I mean srsly I died in the video, why would I expect people to call me a good mystic if I post stuff where I lose? You want me to post videos of fights where I win in 10 seconds and nothing really ever happens? If that fight was self-buffs only, I would have won in the first 10 seconds if you looked at hp bars. But then it wouldn't be interesting. I have a lot of those. They're not as interesting as the fights where I mess up a critical CC and lose.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Curses - Harshlands
    edited December 2011
    Options
    but....you don't have any good points to make so you didnt?

I mean srsly I died in the video, why would I expect people to call me a good mystic if I post stuff where I lose? You want me to post videos of fights where I win in 10 seconds and nothing really ever happens? If that fight was self-buffs only, I would have won in the first 10 seconds if you looked at hp bars. But then it wouldn't be interesting. I have a lot of those. They're not as interesting as the fights where I mess up a critical CC and lose.

I think both would be equally uninteresting. But im only 1 opinion, but the prime minister of canada says im entitled to one so...
  • FujPacker - Harshlands
    FujPacker - Harshlands Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    canada is full of ****
  • FujPacker - Harshlands
    FujPacker - Harshlands Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    btw im canadian
    how you doin?