Whats up with this game?

Literature - Harshlands
Literature - Harshlands Posts: 822 Arc User
edited December 2011 in General Discussion
Hello.

Is this game worth coming back to? Right now I'm on break after final exams and during these periods my mind always wanders and I get bored. But how is the climate in the game now? I used to be a herc/nix veno and quit after i farmed my nix but is it just pure cash shop fest now? How is a phoenix against these r8 and r9 weapons they have now? I imagine a phoenix is obsolete? b:shocked I mean how much is it in real world cash to even get an r8 or even r9 set?

If you guys were me, would you come back here or go to some p2p game with no cash shop?

So many questions....thanks in advance. :)
Post edited by Literature - Harshlands on

Comments

• SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited December 2011
    Hello.

Is this game worth coming back to? NO Right now I'm on break after final exams and during these periods my mind always wanders and I get bored. But how is the climate in the game now? POOR I used to be a herc/nix veno and quit after i farmed my nix but is it just pure cash shop fest now? YES How is a phoenix against these r8 and r9 weapons they have now? POORI imagine a phoenix is obsolete? NO, BUT THERE'S NOT ANYTHING BETTER b:shocked I mean how much is it in real world cash to even get an r8 or even r9 set? R8 about $78 R91500-1700 DOLLARS

If you guys were me, would you come back here or go to some p2p game with no cash shop?If I were you I would absolutely go play some other game. Even some F2P games are better than what this game has become.

Answers are in red
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mad_Doc - Sanctuary
    Mad_Doc - Sanctuary Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Vana gear is dirt cheap now compared to before. You can get vana armor set for a pretty good price. Uncannies are at 305k each and raps are at 1.3-1.5mil.

R8 is about 75 gold for 200k reputation. R9 set will cost you about 1,405.00 usd unrefined. If you were to put in 1000 usd now and sell the gold because it's at 1.9mil each. then rebuy gold when it's back down to 1.4mil or lower. You can get your full r9 unrefined for 1000 usd.

Nix no longer serves as a good DD in pk but a good stunning tool. Herc can't hold aggro to anything. You should wait till new skills come out. Venos will get voodoo skills and stuff. Gonna be interesting.
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Answers are in red

Y u still on forum/playing then?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Look, cynicism aside, here's the short answer.

Do you need a solid PVP system from your games? If so, get out of here while you can. >_>

If not - if you're happy with PVE - then stay, find a good circle of friends, and ignore anything people tell you about "required" gear. Whatever your current stuff is, I'm sure it's fine (in that same vein, you don't need r8, so don't bother getting it unless you really want to support PWE's ****).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • lordhanzo
    lordhanzo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    If u'r not into PvP/PK and e-peen stuffs, this game is so much enjoyable to play with :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'm on Heavens Tear!
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I used to be a herc/nix veno

The day of one shotting someone with nix bleed is long gone... the only way to kill anyone with a nix is maybe if you have 10 of them gang up on the same person (pray stun works so he doesn't one shot aoe all the nixes). And herc's usefulness ends after you lure the boss.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Literature - Harshlands
    edited December 2011
    The day of one shotting someone with nix bleed is long gone... the only way to kill anyone with a nix is maybe if you have 10 of them gang up on the same person (pray stun works so he doesn't one shot aoe all the nixes). And herc's usefulness ends after you lure the boss.

Wow that's amazing and utter bullsh!t !. I farmed weeks for my nix back in the day and spent like $125 for the herc. b:shutup

Do you need a solid PVP system from your games? If so, get out of here while you can. >_>

If not - if you're happy with PVE - then stay, find a good circle of friends, and ignore anything people tell you about "required" gear. Whatever your current stuff is, I'm sure it's fine (in that same vein, you don't need r8, so don't bother getting it unless you really want to support PWE's ****).

My gear now is like +0 6x stuff with some **** +25 hp gems in it or something...that was kinda normal for the time but if people can tank 10 nix bleeds now, I'm wayyyy behind. LOL

Thanks for the heads up guys. Honestly, I could afford r9 at this point in my life but I don't think I wanna lay that much money down for a video game. Back when I was playing r8 was actually a couple thousand dollars to get...now $78? Sick.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Wow that's amazing and utter bullsh!t !. I farmed weeks for my nix back in the day and spent like $125 for the herc. b:shutup

My gear now is like +0 6x stuff with some **** +25 hp gems in it or something...that was kinda normal for the time but if people can tank 10 nix bleeds now, I'm wayyyy behind. LOL

Thanks for the heads up guys. Honestly, I could afford r9 at this point in my life but I don't think I wanna lay that much money down for a video game. Back when I was playing r8 was actually a couple thousand dollars to get...now $78? Sick.

R8 is decent on caster classes. Venos are pretty deadly in R9. My archer got oneshot by an R9 Veno... Lucky Scarab oneshot... Yeah. >_> Was 92 at the time on my Archer lmao

If you are gonna do R9, do it on a Cleric, Wiz, Psy, Archer, Barb, or something like that. You can use that gear all the time...
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • LadySam - Raging Tide
    LadySam - Raging Tide Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    RUN till ya can ! b:bye
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Hello.

Is this game worth coming back to? Right now I'm on break after final exams and during these periods my mind always wanders and I get bored. But how is the climate in the game now? I used to be a herc/nix veno and quit after i farmed my nix but is it just pure cash shop fest now? How is a phoenix against these r8 and r9 weapons they have now? I imagine a phoenix is obsolete? b:shocked I mean how much is it in real world cash to even get an r8 or even r9 set?

If you guys were me, would you come back here or go to some p2p game with no cash shop?

Wow, hadn't seen you on here in forever.

This game isn't really worth playing anymore.

A p2p game without cash shop is more fair and better balanced.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Literature - Harshlands
    edited December 2011
    Wow, hadn't seen you on here in forever.

This game isn't really worth playing anymore.

A p2p game without cash shop is more fair and better balanced.

What's up mike? Yeah I've been gone a long time and forgive me but I think I forgot your name. Michael_Dark looks familiar but did you have any other names on Harshlands?
    R8 is decent on caster classes. Venos are pretty deadly in R9. My archer got oneshot by an R9 Veno... Lucky Scarab oneshot... Yeah. >_> Was 92 at the time on my Archer lmao

If you are gonna do R9, do it on a Cleric, Wiz, Psy, Archer, Barb, or something like that. You can use that gear all the time...

If I do come back, I'm rolling a wizard. heh I'd cut the losses on the veno as I know wizards with r9 probably hit like mac trucks going 500 mph.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    What's up mike? Yeah I've been gone a long time and forgive me but I think I forgot your name. Michael_Dark looks familiar but did you have any other names on Harshlands?

I was on HL in the beginning on my archer, death, but I just knew you from when you posted on forums. I did help a friend farm their 90 green the other day, but I don't really play anymore. Just saw a familiar name and thought I'd say hi. :D
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited December 2011

Pretty much this.

I came back here a week ago after an 8 month break playing WoW (and while P2P without cash shops might seem a nice concept, the community is 10 times worse than PWI and it got dull very fast.)

If you don't aim on becoming Rank 9 God of PW and one shotting everything in PvP, it's actually rather fun. Have to say I'm enjoying the game so far. There are a huge number of 5.0's and +10's, but it's still fairly easy to find squads. I've even got in a good few Nirvana's with my crappy 3.3 sage aps. Still very cash shop orientated, but even a little zhen sells for a lot and a lot of pack and cash shop items/gear are cheaper. Overall really depends on what you're looking for in the game, but it can definitely still be fun.
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited December 2011

If I do come back, I'm rolling a wizard. heh I'd cut the losses on the veno as I know wizards with r9 probably hit like mac trucks going 500 mph.

Wrong. If you do r9 caster then you need to roll a psychic.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited December 2011

Ehhhh a Wizard isn't a horrible choice, R9 Wizards can wreck melees when played right, Psychics are just plain OP. With the new leap+purify skill coming out a Wizard could be... fun... to play.
  • Mythsoul - Heavens Tear
    Mythsoul - Heavens Tear Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    This game is fun - provided you aren't a caster.
    All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring.
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2011
    Ehhhh a Wizard isn't a horrible choice, R9 Wizards can wreck melees when played right, Psychics are just plain OP. With the new leap+purify skill coming out a Wizard could be... fun... to play.

I thought I saw some psy skills that were like "OMG WTF" too. Something that was an aoe not let your charm tick and cant be healed etc. and some other things. Psy will still be top dog and if they are investing in r9, they are looking to be that top dog. Just my opinion. Psy will still be the class to roll caster-wise.

I should look at skills again, I barely glanced at them earlier today.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2011
    I thought I saw some psy skills that were like "OMG WTF" too. Something that was an aoe not let your charm tick and cant be healed etc. and some other things. Psy will still be top dog and if they are investing in r9, they are looking to be that top dog. Just my opinion. Psy will still be the class to roll caster-wise.

Not arguing the Psychic's dominance, between the control skills and souls the other Arcane classes can't compared, but a R9 Wizard has immense physical defense when built right. That defense along with being able to tank arcane hits pretty easily as well as being able to leap out of melee attacks range makes them a pretty viable choice to go R9 on. Obviously a Psychic is better, but a Wizard isn't exactly a bad choice either.
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2011
    I think this person looking for the OP class. Hence why they had a herc and nix way back when veno was the OP class. b:chuckle
  • NigeIus - Dreamweaver
    NigeIus - Dreamweaver Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited December 2011

hi there aubree b:byeb:bye
    coming bk to game sweety?i saw u today in rt parked
  • Judor - Dreamweaver
    Judor - Dreamweaver Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Archer! lol
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2011
    hi there aubree b:byeb:bye
    coming bk to game sweety?i saw u today in rt parked

I stopped by. I hadnt realized I been out of the game since august? Talked to a bunch of people and I probably TW again. But game seems just as dead as ever :( I pretty much afk.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2011
    I think this person looking for the OP class. Hence why they had a herc and nix way back when veno was the OP class. b:chuckle

Venos were never OP, they were always one shots!

Wizards are pretty OP so... yeah.. o.o
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2011
    Venos were never OP, they were always one shots!

Wizards are pretty OP so... yeah.. o.o

Nix was a beast and venos solod everything before anyone LOL Man before I had pdef. Venos farked me up back in my 50-70's QQ
  • NigeIus - Dreamweaver
    NigeIus - Dreamweaver Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    venos were the richest bishes in pwi, also barbs :P soo good now it is not :P
    well u can always use real money and be rich lolololol
    but yeah venos are still gr8, high phys def in veno form, awsome skills, deadly bramble hood for aps ppl, and they always fight u 2 vs 1 :P
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2011
    Nix was a beast and venos solod everything before anyone LOL Man before I had pdef. Venos farked me up back in my 50-70's QQ

Why is it that nobody can tell when I'm trolling b:sad

That first part about venos was a troll D:

The second part about Wizzies being a bit OP at R9 too... that was true o.o Wizards hurt yo!
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2011
    I pay 1kk coin for someone to accurately tell me how many veno QQ threads there was over 2 years ago b:laugh
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2011
    I pay 1kk coin for someone to accurately tell me how many veno QQ threads there was over 2 years ago b:laugh

Too damn many, pay up. b:cute
  • Voldoo - Archosaur
    Voldoo - Archosaur Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Hurry up *******, I need to get my shop up and go to work.
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2011
    Hurry up *******, I need to get my shop up and go to work.

o0 wrong thread?