How to tell if mob will aggro?

Options
Sjilver - Sanctuary
Sjilver - Sanctuary Posts: 31 Arc User
edited December 2011 in Dungeons & Tactics
As the title says - is there any way to tell which mobs will aggro me and which won't?

I have tried looking at names, colours, mob status bars etc and can't see a difference. I am thinking of how the stinging nettles attack on sight but most mobs I have come across so far don't.

Thanks for any help.
Post edited by Sjilver - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Asgardeus - Sanctuary
    Asgardeus - Sanctuary Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    There's a good deal of mobs in the lower levels that won't agro. But from 20 on pretty much everything will go for you once it has noticed you.

There's no way to tell if a mob will agro by looking at it, so you should just get used to seeing everything as aggressive lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • laloner
    laloner Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Most very low level mobs won't attack unless attacked first. After a certain point most will attack due to proximity. There are some exceptions, but mostly high level mobs will attack you pretty quick.
    AKA PermaSpark, Heartshatter
  • Quasee - Dreamweaver
    Quasee - Dreamweaver Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    go near it and test
  • Sjilver - Sanctuary
    Sjilver - Sanctuary Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Thanks for the replies - was wondering if I had missed anything but apparently didn't - nice to know
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Well, there is another way to find out. If you look it up at the Perfect World Database (PWDB) you can find out if it is aggressive or not. For example, you can see that the Stinging Nettle has "Yes" under "Aggressive", while the Scorpiotail Voodooist has "No".

Still, most people learn which mobs do or don't aggro by simple trial and error.

Furthermore, it should be noted that there are two types of aggro. Some mobs will aggro individually, while others will call any mobs of similar type along with them if they aggro on someone. As you reach higher levels you will find that most mobs are aggressive and have group aggro, so you will need to learn how to lure individual mobs out of a group. I recommend reading the Venomancer Luring article on the wiki for hints on how to do this. If you're not a veno or mystic you can get a Zeal genie with Earthflame and use that for luring.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)