Assassin Guide

Comments

• Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Pure dex build, 1 str 4 dex per level. Thus, their lvl +4 in str. Unless they want a Helm of Aqua Viciousness or Warsoul of Earth.
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • Sneakret - Heavens Tear
    Sneakret - Heavens Tear Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Oh hey the guide thread got "prettyfied" since the last time I was here, much better, having color makes it less of a text wall.

Also hey there Typh ^^
    I can see what you see not,
    Vision milky, then eyes rot.
    When you turn, they will be gone,
    Whispering their hidden song.
    Then you see what cannot be,
    Shadows move where light should be.
    Out of darkness, out of mind,
    Cast down into the Halls of the Blind.
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited April 2011
    Hey Sneak ^^ How you doing?
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
    edited April 2011
    Ah not too bad, just re-learning how to play a bit. The last 3 I tried didn't work well on number keys so they hotkeys were remapped to q,e,r,t,f,v,b
    Little odd swapping back to numbers and having so many hot slots.
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited April 2011
    Eeewwwwb:shocked
    ~Spazz~
  • rulas
    rulas Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    off topic

anyone knows who sing the song

come on come on get a littler closer come on come on
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited April 2011
    Your off-topic question has been rejected. Google it or ask in the (what do you know?) Off-Topic section.
    ~Spazz~
    edited April 2011
    Your off-topic question has been rejected. Google it or ask in the (what do you know?) Off-Topic section.

Due to the consistent frequency of rep sales and the like I'm making the suggestion someone bored consider writing a separate guide for higher end now consisting of ex:

Nirvana,Rank 8, Rank 9 and what to do /

It wasn't a feasible matter previously but with the game adjusting, these gears are prime points of endgame that need revamping on orderly examples of what works where, for whom(f2p/casualCS/CSer), and what each diff build type is best for(pro's con's).

I'd make one but having a fair lack of recent knowledge makes me no good for this aside from old opinions and the like. Oliv, Olbaze, Evi(nah he's a troll), Typh maybe if one of you get bored you'd consider?

The sin section seems a bit devoid of life, that's normal, but the content of posts has become very similar for questions asked and frequent enough that maybe it's time to make a wrap up.
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    It'd be nice to have the majority of well-knowledged sins get together and make an end-game sin guide to be stickied on this forum.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited April 2011
    Sounds good to me. Though my knowledge of end-game is purely theoretical since I'me still 9 levels and ****-loads of farming away from that :3

I'd be happy to throw in whatever I can thoughb:victory
    ~Spazz~
    edited April 2011
    Awesome ^^, no rush anyway as long as you enjoy playing.

It's not as though the forum is going anywhere
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited April 2011
    Should we put everything in this thread then compile it in another one, or put it all in another thread then compile it in a third thread?
    ~Spazz~
    edited April 2011
    Probably a separate thread due to the amount of formatting already in this one.

Ahh scratch that was going to say I'd open one but I don't think I'm around enough anymore to go back and forth with edits.
    Maybe open one up with a title pertaining to what we're summing up, then put (IN PROGRESS or INCOMPLETE) at the top so people know it's being worked on. From there we can just make write ups in threads below the main post and do a mash up afterwards.

Edit: eh sorry guys I'm working on formatting a starting point atm but it's gonna be some time before I can sit and pull up info and what not for it. If no one else has a starter thread up by then I'll get mine up as a template.
    Also apologies formatting in this thread isn't so much an issue as posting templates here would get in the way a bit of what the thread is for.

EDIT 2 : Template Thread is now up and ready to be modified at your leisure ^.~
  • KozakArcher - Lost City
    KozakArcher - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Nice guide :) i found it very usefull for my new sin b:thanks
  • ImNotFiveAps - Dreamweaver
    ImNotFiveAps - Dreamweaver Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    So I should put points in str... lame. :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RauI - Archosaur
    RauI - Archosaur Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    of course for armor req
  • hordecai
    hordecai Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Why is strength a stat to go for as it does not so much. Im new to the game so I dont know the ins and outs but the toolstip says it gives bonus to strength (ofc) but daggers are not included so why would you level it more than say Vitality?
  • Pytharia - Lost City
    Pytharia - Lost City Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    hordecai wrote: »
    Why is strength a stat to go for as it does not so much. Im new to the game so I dont know the ins and outs but the toolstip says it gives bonus to strength (ofc) but daggers are not included so why would you level it more than say Vitality?

You need strength to wear light armour. The requirements for light armour is 1 str per level, so by level 60 you will need 64 strength to wear light armour (64 because you start with 5 str and you start your character at level 1, not 0). Also vitality isn't recommended as a sin because it's just not needed, whilst it helps at the start it's just a waste in points that could've been added to dex to boost your damage and later in the game, higher damage means better survivability due to bloodpaint.
  • hordecai
    hordecai Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Ah ok thanks for clearing that up for me. At the moment I'm lvl 9 with about 9 vitality. I put a few points in it cos I just wasn't sure. Is there a way to reset my points or will it not matter end game?
  • Pytharia - Lost City
    Pytharia - Lost City Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    hordecai wrote: »
    Ah ok thanks for clearing that up for me. At the moment I'm lvl 9 with about 9 vitality. I put a few points in it cos I just wasn't sure. Is there a way to reset my points or will it not matter end game?

Yes you can reset your stats using a basic reset note, it costs 3 gold (around 1m coins each, or 3 dollars) and it resets 10 points from 1 stat to another, you could start again if it did't take you too long to get level 9, but it's up to you.

and yes 4 stat points can make that tiny difference on dex instead of on vit.
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    and yes 4 stat points can make that tiny difference on dex instead of on vit.

This is very true. I used a basic reset-all note when I hit 90 (was able to wear lunar cape then) to reset some str into dex, and to put both my vit and mag to 3 base.

The extra 4 stat points from vit and mag lets me hit 500 dex at 102 with a Pan Gu tome.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • ShinSein - Harshlands
    ShinSein - Harshlands Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Thanks for the guide guys. This should help me in making my new assassin. b:victory
    [SIGPIC]http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq270/ZeroAngel08/Shinsein.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Thanks goes to Dorset!
    "The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

ShinSein - Harshlands (Alt/Main)
    Shinsetsu - Lothranis (French Main)
    +Bring sexy back - Complete b:victory
  • panchvilla
    panchvilla Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Im making a sin.. and am close to getting 1st cast daggers, BUT.. id like to know if its worth getting those daggers if u can be 4.0 with r8.. , pretty much
    as a demon full dex sin,

5.0int 1st cast > r8 4.0int?
  • Tagi - Dreamweaver
    Tagi - Dreamweaver Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Great guide thanks :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • marcusrock
    marcusrock Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Something I don;t think has been mentioned here.

I experimented with using Evasion (Amber) shards when I hit 100, mainly because they were cheap and I was interested in the effect overall.

I hade 10 Incomparables sahrded in various pieces of equipment for a bout 2/3 months to test this. Where there were some certain gains and benefits there were some obvious negatives. The positives came in PvE mainly.

The biggest differance I found was boss fights mainly in FC when I resharded to DoT's the damage I received from boss hits increased by about 500hp per hit (give or take) and obviously they hit me more often. Gotta say, have 'MISS, MISS MISS,MISS,MISS MISS" happen is quite amusing.

As for sharding this way, I can see it working with high shards but only for PvE, of course for PvP most classes have a 100% hit rate skill, which no amount of sharding will stop but I still think sharding even higher or more for Evasion would work for PvE, more so if you can refine r8 and higher to gain your HP...obviously there are some trade offs that occur in relation to damage and HP if you do this...

But now, back to DoT's and vit.....

Just some food for thought.
  • Critassasin - Lost City
    Critassasin - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    thanks for the guide
  • AmmeeesbfD - Dreamweaver
    AmmeeesbfD - Dreamweaver Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    i just want to say the blue words r hard on the eyes and i have to select all in order to read it so it's really pointless
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MsSeraphine - Archosaur
    MsSeraphine - Archosaur Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I would ask about some skills.
    Which of these skills worth to be maxed? - Power dash, Earthern Rift, Subsea Strike
    Do a sin have to be able for aoe damage? I have the earthern rift on lv 2 or 3, but i havent learnt the Subsea Strike yet. How important are they?

Another question: My sin is 64. Is the 1968 pdef enough for her?
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited October 2011
    -facefin- you didn't read the guide...
    Yes, 1.9k phys def is great for a 64 sin.
    ~Spazz~
  • Pwntaciouz - Lost City
    Pwntaciouz - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    EHH !! were are the tricks and tactics for fighting a seeker :S..b:byeb:shocked