Which YOUR best class? And Why?

Carebear_xD - Lost City
Carebear_xD - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
edited December 2011 in General Discussion
Hello all of the server and GMs...

I am just asking the question as the title here, before I start choosing my best class that suits my playstyle. Please do not flame, this is meant for the people who are not sure which classes they want to choose... Why not make a thread for them to find out which class to choose from people's own experiences?

All right, for me.

My main is a Tiger (You can say barbarian) because I have the role to save others and of course for the tanking. The highest HP of all the characters with great defensive skills, they make really great effort throughout the game and they are always needed in most events. They can prevent squad wipes as well (must be really focused when doing this). You could say I play a real barbarian, because I mainly focus on HP and physical damage reduction. While I do that, I'd be a pure sage, pure-VIT carebearing tiger! At level 59 with Transcendent cultivation is so much easier to tank like you are a professional. I have it the second easiest with this class, but the most fun, and I feel comfortable with this class because I am the one carrying the defense.

Now it is your turn
Post edited by Carebear_xD - Lost City on

Comments

• Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I like my BM.

Although some have become APS freaks and wont live whitout beeing 5 aps, we do have some nice skills that can help us balance things out..

Altar Marrows :

Allows us to get a small edge while fighing physical or magical mobs, can make a deadly blow not so deadly.. (not harmless, but less deadly...)

Stuns

Roar of the pride : AoE stun, lasts 6 secs, somewhat low cooldown ( 14 secs if demon ), can save lives.

Drake bash : Axe stun, single target but 100% success rate, a nice 7.5 secs if demon, 15 secs cooldown.

Aeolien Blade : A lot less reliable (50% chance) but quick (5 secs cooldown if demon)

Demon Myriad : lvl 59, 2 spark sword move, nice AoE damage, demon has 50% chance to stun.

AoE's with nice added effects

Myriad Sword Stance (MSS for short) : Good damage, Reduces physical atk and magic atk of mobs by 50%, demon also has 50% chance to stun. Can save from some dangerous situations..

Heaven's Flame (HF) : Nice damage, done on a boss not immune to it makes all next hits (by anyone) do 100% more damage for 8 secs.

Glacial Spike : Less useful, but nice damage, drops physical and magic def 50% and small chance to make all next hits crits for i think 5 secs.

Drake Breath Bash (DBB) : Least useful of them all, but funny to use when u solo stuff , adds 135% fire damage to your wep (demon) for 15 secs.

Nice lvl 79 skills

Smack : A seal that could save a potential endangered mage class and give u time to stun

Bolt of Tyreaus : Medium range AoE that freezes mobs but also yourself (unless u use will of bodhisattva before)

Dragon bane : Lose 50% wep damage to gain 25% crit for 30 secs, mixed with purify from a cleric or just plain triple sparking after to purify makes this pretty deadly :)

----

Mix all that with a few odd skills, and u get sprints, stuns, AoE's, debuffs, seals, freeze, cancels...

Quite a jack of all trades , if u ask me.

Of course, to top it all off, we do have the weakness to magic attacks, to what devs gladly gave us a genie exclusive move (well, barbs can use too) that cuts any magic damage done to you by A LOT (True emptyness).

Always fun to play with, for exemple, antellopes in oht map 1, gather a bunch, use skill and see them all do between 6 and 10 damage b:chuckle

Makes also those blowing up bodybags in bh100 SoT do ridicoulusly low damage if timed right (Instead of losing like 5k, u lose maybe 250-350)

Hope this help...
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
  • magicsabre
    magicsabre Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I like Wizard.

He has low base dps (damage per second), hp (hit points or life), physical defense as character of Arcane class, but he is like Mage in other games.

At low and middle levels good to play using this class.
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    out of my 101bm,100 archer(bout to hit 101),my sin 100,and this toon..i think now after i spent my heft amount of coin to raise all,and though they are all equal and have the ups and downs.I say ill go with my sin due to its money making abilitiesb:laugh,high dmg,aps,blah blah.Im aps on all my toons but my sin tops the cake and she sexy..wut can i sayb:laugh
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Psy.

I made it because I always make the class that's tricky to understand.
    Loved it because I go PKing and shoot at my target only to accidently kill everything in a three mile radius. Sooooo many AOEs...
    I <3 AGOREY
  • SoniMax - Sanctuary
    SoniMax - Sanctuary Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I've only played psy OLOLOLOL
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=15081871001&dateline=1339865979[/SIGPIC]
    They see me trollin`
    They hatin`
    Patrolling they tryin` to catch me writin` dirty
    Tryin to catch me writin` dirty X4
    My music so loud
    I'm flamin`
  • Asgardeus - Sanctuary
    Asgardeus - Sanctuary Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I used to be a very clear venomancer. But now I'm so drawn between mystic and veno, couldn't tell which one is my main. lol

I got other chars I love very much too, but I'm a pet friend at heart :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Started with an assassin, continued with an assassin b:bye
  • Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary
    Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Seeker at heart b:cute
    I still play my veno too, I love debuffing and managing to hold a boss if the tank dies.
    However, on my seeker I just love rushing into things to see how much I can handle. Either walking out without a scratch or dyingb:chuckle
    Seekers, can have many roles in a squad(like veno's) and you have to pay a bit of attention while playing ^^
    and well..
    aoe-itchy fingers >:]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Started as a veno, got to lvl 19. Quit
    Came back and made a archer that got to lvl 10, then a cleric that I got into 3x. Quit both
    Made a bm and have been playing a bm as main for nearly 4 yrs. (This is the second one i've brought to 10x level range).

Got tired of BM for a while so made a sin and put it up to lvl 100, then also made a psychic and it's at 94. Now playing a mystic (so sick of aps >_>) and it's at 46.
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    My my cleric is my main and my sin is my farmer, but my favorite to play is my psy. Who doesn't like being able to kill any mob without ever taking in damage and in the rare case where you do take a hit returning some of that back on the mob b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • srle93
    srle93 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    b:victory
  • Kanrak - Sanctuary
    Kanrak - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Barbarian is the only class I know by heart. I love to tank and help others but when 5aps and r9 stuff showed up I slowly start to lose interest...being the main tank in my guild I was called in for help just about to everything but now our sins and BMs took over and I was just left to collect dust. I pretty much left that account and made this one. I seriously had all my character slots on my old account as barbarians b:laugh thats how much I loved to be a fuzzy butt. Now with this account I just recently made Im starting new and trying out seeker. Im liking it so far but I will always be a barb at heart. I will probably only return to my barbs when they make them the tanks they were back in the old days.
  • XXZeonXx - Harshlands
    XXZeonXx - Harshlands Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Seekers, because nobody knows how to use them well in PvP, but they're OP if you do. And they're extremely fun.

lolpvedebuffsvortex
    Donate towards my endgame build, please. <3
    pwcalc.com/400d2e22e4b852e2
  • Dylena - Raging Tide
    Dylena - Raging Tide Posts: 1,416 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Archer, not sure why but I always end up going back to playing archer..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I love my sin and my barb is a strong second. Sure I'm 5 aps. .........But I hate using my sin for tanking....... Pure DD, nuff' said.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
  • Linkinparkt - Heavens Tear
    Linkinparkt - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    wizzie i been playing wizzie since when i first played pwi. the amounts of damage they can do, tank boss due to fact of there hax stone barrier if your a demon wizzie.
    the cons is most ppl give up on them from begining to lvl 60
    low hp and defense
    channel time
    very squishy
    the cons like about wizzies is the amount of damage
    the skill effects
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Barbs, we run faster at minimal cost. Great for rushing inside instance, especially if soloing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Hideori - Lost City
    Hideori - Lost City Posts: 530 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Blademaster. just my style in any RPG.
  • Deadlife - Lost City
    Deadlife - Lost City Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Seekers, because nobody knows how to use them well in PvP, but they're OP if you do.

Im gonna have to "lol" @ this

However...out of all my chars this is the class that most intrigues me. keeps me entertained. And aside from nirvana, I have never been denied a group invite.
  • Pythe - Dreamweaver
    Pythe - Dreamweaver Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Fave ever is my bm. Always will be. Loves her. :Db:victory
  • Kitkate - Dreamweaver
    Kitkate - Dreamweaver Posts: 869 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Venomancer is my first and favorite. I've always been drawn to the whole "summon pets" thing and it's fun to transform and run around in fox form. Foxes are also my favorite animal, so I was really happy when i saw that this game had them.

My cleric is a close second, because I loved being so involved in squads in the past and people really appreciated what you did. It doesn't seem like that now. My Cleric was kind of the opposite of my veno because my veno was almost completely solo with everything, but with my cleric i wanted a squad for everything.

Lately I've been playing around with a poleblade/axe BM because I love to aoe stuff. I've never been a huge fan of physical damage though. I normally prefer magic users.
  • XXZeonXx - Harshlands
    XXZeonXx - Harshlands Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Im gonna have to "lol" @ this

QQ It's true. D: At least on HL.
    Donate towards my endgame build, please. <3
    pwcalc.com/400d2e22e4b852e2
  • Rubride - Lost City
    Rubride - Lost City Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Hello all of the server and GMs...

I am just asking the question as the title here, before I start choosing my best class that suits my playstyle. Please do not flame, this is meant for the people who are not sure which classes they want to choose... Why not make a thread for them to find out which class to choose from people's own experiences?

All right, for me.

My main is a Tiger (You can say barbarian) because I have the role to save others and of course for the tanking. The highest HP of all the characters with great defensive skills, they make really great effort throughout the game and they are always needed in most events. They can prevent squad wipes as well (must be really focused when doing this). You could say I play a real barbarian, because I mainly focus on HP and physical damage reduction. While I do that, I'd be a pure sage, pure-VIT carebearing tiger! At level 59 with Transcendent cultivation is so much easier to tank like you are a professional. I have it the second easiest with this class, but the most fun, and I feel comfortable with this class because I am the one carrying the defense.

Now it is your turn

I like playing as Veno.

1. Love the pets! (I still want to tame Ethereal Abomination)
    2. I'm don't have to buy pots that much.
    3. I suck at tanking mobs in frost on my barb, but pro at the bosses.
    4. I can solo stuff easily with pet and help ppl out, just don't bother me all the time for help.
    5. My favorite animals are FOXES!!!
    Getting back onto PWI again. Should be fun XD

Rubride - Lv100 Sage Amp Veno (2nd Reborn)
  • _Nottunyx_ - Heavens Tear
    _Nottunyx_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    i like sin cos i like to faceroll my keyboard during PK and TWs and killed alot of people b:laugh
    and having unrealistically OP skills and damage b:thanks
    100% zhen-free since jan 2009 b:cool
    Living proof that Pay2Win is a load of ****

My job is to make things go [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:laughb:pleasedb:laughb:pleasedb:laughb:pleased
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Had to check the OP date when I saw the PWMalasia terms, lol
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory