edited December 2011
    Options
    tyvm for the guide ^__^

p.s.: you forgot to mention archers on classes :p
  • SharkAngel - Heavens Tear
    SharkAngel - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Ive yet to run with any archers, sadly. Ive heard they can still use their metal skills and use their HP debuffs on bosses...Is there anything else I'm missing about them?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • foxxel1980
    foxxel1980 Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    thank you for the tips, hope to get my cleric to do it soon
  • Zarni - Dreamweaver
    Zarni - Dreamweaver Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Random stuff:

Venos can use soul degeneration on the non ampable bosses, also if the squad is squishy using it on the last boss can help a lot (when someone dies this boss buffs itself and recovers a bunch of HP).

On the 3rd boss, fatemeddlers should not be knocked back, their attack is ranged physical and knocking them away just scatters them from aoe ranges, it does not stop anyone getting hit by them unless you knock them quite far, in which case they will take longer to kill making it more likely that more will spawn before the last set dies. Soundboom should be knocked away/sealed/stunned.

A handful of magic defense and physical defense charms make caster nirvana much easier, they are made from perfect stones with level 7 or 8 apoth. Use them especially on the last 2 bosses.

My ideal caster nirvana squad is:

1-2 clerics
    wiz
    1-2 psys
    veno
    (a mystic can be subbed for either a cleric or a psy to great effect, I loves me some mystic in caster)

Any squad can work, I've done it with 3 clerics, 2 venos and myself, but the less variety of classes the slower it goes generally. With the above squad setup, 15 minute runs are totally do-able without any rank 9s.

Especially for psychics: Use soul of retaliation when the mean bosses are about to aoe. Bosses won't take damage from soul of vengeance, but summoned mobs will, if you have sage you can put it on a wiz to DB at the 3rd boss and make mobs die quicker. Soul of silence can save someone who is on the squishy side from the fatemeddlers and foulbenders.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Thanks for the info, Zarni =)

I'll add the info about Soul Degen and the SoV/SoR/Charm stuff in. As for the third boss, Ive had mixed experiences with the Fatemeddlers. On one hand, I agree that keeping them in place makes them easier to AoE, but on the other, Ive seen many who avoided being killed by having them knocked away. Their ranged attack doesnt seem as bad at their melee hits unless Soundboom's on you as well.

Lastly...Ive yet to actually confirm this, but does having a boss resist an attack or effect really increase the odds of an interrupt/AoE occurring, or is it just a myth?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RandomDent - Dreamweaver
    RandomDent - Dreamweaver Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Lastly...Ive yet to actually confirm this, but does having a boss resist an attack or effect really increase the odds of an interrupt/AoE occurring, or is it just a myth?

That sounds like a myth. I've seen clerics using an attack macro with plume shot, bms building chi by fisting bosses, I've even set up vortex on the 3rd and last bosses to wipe out the mobs that spawn and never seen an increase in boss aoe/interrupts. All the boss' aoes seem to have a small chance to interrupt, the ones the 3rd and last bosses use seem the worst. The 3rd boss aoes after he talks in common chat, it happens at regular intervals and gets progressively worse (and faster the longer he's alive) each time.
    See, I can hyper a nub up like the rest of yas!
    edited January 2012
    Options
    That sounds like a myth. I've seen clerics using an attack macro with plume shot, bms building chi by fisting bosses, I've even set up vortex on the 3rd and last bosses to wipe out the mobs that spawn and never seen an increase in boss aoe/interrupts. All the boss' aoes seem to have a small chance to interrupt, the ones the 3rd and last bosses use seem the worst. The 3rd boss aoes after he talks in common chat, it happens at regular intervals and gets progressively worse (and faster the longer he's alive) each time.

Thanks for the info! I'll make some corrections tonight then~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vindis - Dreamweaver
    Vindis - Dreamweaver Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    You might want to include that some Archers can cast Blood Vow (lvl 100 skill) which is similar to HF. 30 second duration and also a Metal DoT, but it has a 5 minute cooldown so pending squad strength I will have to test in multiple runs.

I haven't went on a caster since learning BV (This past Tuesday), but I will be sure to test for results when/if I am able. May be a few days though, but I will report back with my findings.

I will also try to extensively test STA. It doesn't affect any of the regular nirvana bosses, but I think I was too busy BoAing the Soundbooms and Wingspan-->Knockback-->Aim Lowing the Last bosses' mobs.

Skills I can assure you affect bosses in caster:
    Sage Frost Arrow
    Lightning Strike
    Thunder Shock
    Thunderous Blast
    Stormrage Eagleon
    Vicious Arrow

I'll test Blood Vow when I can and then re-edit this post.

Also, personal preference but I like bringing some Toxin apoths to add wood damage to my attack. Frostblade+Blazing+Toxin = 3 elements, which is pretty sweet.
    Ring Engraving/Amulet Carving Guide - pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1174451

Retired from PWI.

b:bye
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    You might want to include that some Archers can cast Blood Vow (lvl 100 skill) which is similar to HF. 30 second duration and also a Metal DoT, but it has a 5 minute cooldown so pending squad strength I will have to test in multiple runs.

Or just get a demon veno/mystic to cast thicket/nova and get 30% amp every 30 seconds for 8-9 seconds. They aren't as rare.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    Hurrdurr - Lothranis Posts: 1,468 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options

Skills I can assure you affect bosses in caster:
    Sage Frost Arrow
    Lightning Strike
    Thunder Shock
    Thunderous Blast
    Stormrage Eagleon
    Vicious Arrow

I'll test Blood Vow when I can and then re-edit this post.

Also, personal preference but I like bringing some Toxin apoths to add wood damage to my attack. Frostblade+Blazing+Toxin = 3 elements, which is pretty sweet.

Blood Vow is pretty good on the last boss and first boss (only HFable bosses) especially since on both bosses the squad is able to time their sparks.

Vicious arrow doesn't actually deal wood damage, it deals physical damage and a wood DoT which makes it pretty lame. The only reason I use that along with instant cast TA is for chi when metals are on cooldown. Also it's better to just spark than to use SE.
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I'll make a note about Blood Vow/Demon Thicket/Demon Nova in the class section, though I'd have to agree with OontzOontz - it'd be sort of rare to see an Archer with that skill (actually, Archers are still a rarity in the caster runs Ive done =/)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alex_Gantz - Dreamweaver
    Alex_Gantz - Dreamweaver Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Good guide, you should also recomend that the minimun gear allowed for a safe Caster Nirvy run is an R8 +5 wep plus at least 4.5k hp, it can be done with lower gear and hp but you will have a great risk of fail on 4th and last boss. The key for caster nirvy imao: tons of firepower, my ideal squad ever:

Cleric
    2 Wizzards
    2 Psy
    A good Mystic who can, heal, DD and also use their pets wisely.

That squad guaranteed you faster runs.. for the Venos lovers, a veno with at least an r8 + 7 wep can replace either a wizzy or a Psy, what s the point of bring a veno for doing the ''Veno thing'' only? is awesome when they use their skills.. but then what? u will have 1 less DD for the rest of the run.
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    A minimum of 4.5k HP is about right...as for the weapon, I think TT99 Gold/LG Gold +4 or higher is a bit more reasonable minimum (personally, my gear's not too high end either). The runs wont be easy or quick, but it'll still be do-able.

Your squad-build is pretty much THE ideal squad b:chuckle Normally I see something like:

2 Clerics (when a mystic cant be found)
    1 Wizard
    1 Psychic
    2 Filler (Usually a Veno and a second of the above DDs...or a third cleric ._.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Just made a few small changes to the guide, including the ability for all bosses to be Amplified by Venomancers...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Blossorn - Lost City
    Blossorn - Lost City Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Well, the most OP squad for this is:
    Cleric
    Veno
    Wizard
    3 Mystics

Note that all boss can be amped, and physics are not such a big deal in caster Nv, I been doing 1 cleric, 1 veno, 4 mystics and those runs just 15 minutes at most.
    Wich just R8 +1/+6

Note, no wiz, Psy, or any class can Out dd a mystic in caster nv.b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fist i started a Cleric :lv 20 2008
    2nd a Veno: lv 81 2009
    3rd an Assassin: lv 91 (****) 2010
    4th o.0 Assassin: lv 101 (cool)
    5th Mystic FTW b:dirty
    edited March 2012
    Options
    All bosses being ampable...there was a line I had forgotten to change to mention that in the introduction to bosses. That's been fixed.

As for the rest, its to be expected, since Mystic pets do not suffer a damage reduction vs "?" leveled wraiths. Regardless of how effective or useful they are, Ive made mention to the qualities of most of the classes one regularly (or irregularly) finds available for it, simply because an "ideal" squad may not always be possible to make.
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    has anyone tried the effect of the psy untargetable skill with the vampire boss spawns?
    you only purge once #yopo
    edited March 2012
    Options