This Game is BROKE!!

Comments

• Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    My this thread got nasty really fast.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I'm not 100% sure, but in hell there's a mob that curses you (like hf curse) that lasts a considerable period, wonder if it would last long enough to do this.

Oh wait b:shocked
  • Sympathi - Archosaur
    Sympathi - Archosaur Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    My this thread got nasty really fast.

i know right!

Lets bring this thread back on topic, this isn't like gooning too so everyone shouldn't even mention this.

This is simply a question on Quad Pro Quo and what its exactly meant to do, i personally believe its meant to work like that, the skill transfers already triggered debuffs to targets, it cant transfer stuns so its not a debuff itself, and it dose not Inflict a new debuff like most other skills because the skill carry's on for its current duration (I.3 a HF transferred for 3 seconds will last 3 more on the target, not a fresh one)

Also i never claimed that i found this out by myself, i know people playing around with it for ages i was just smart enough to put it to good use.

I would like a GM response on this too, but im sure i will get that as most of the Ascend faction reported me after doing it, from my understanding the "situation" of transferring to otherwise immune bosses was under review already, so forum mods say.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    :: Youtube.com/YCEvenix :: Seeker PvP, PvE and TW Videos
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I don't think it should transfer any debuffs that cannot be applied directly. Since you can't STA or amp crystal directly, those debuffs should simply not transfer.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited December 2011
    I would like a GM response on this too, but im sure i will get that as most of the Ascend faction reported me after doing it, from my understanding the "situation" of transferring to otherwise immune bosses was under review already, so forum mods say.

I just poked frankie, so he's going to be reading the thread soon. Thanks for the video!b:thanks
  • ToneiLuL - Heavens Tear
    ToneiLuL - Heavens Tear Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Frankie fix it b:sad
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    Strife_son - Sanctuary Posts: 1,217 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Slightly off topic, but someone keeps calling it "quad pro quo" which is incorrect. It's "quid pro quo".

A quad is a muscle group or a four wheel motor-bike.

Quid pro quo
  • U_Sasuke - Sanctuary
    U_Sasuke - Sanctuary Posts: 643 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    lol! frankie gonna fix something? really
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    lol! frankie gonna fix something? really

He'll yell at someone in his office, who will then turn purple in the face.

That person will then set their alarm for 2 am, PST, and call the Devs in China, and yell at them for 2 seconds, until the Devs slam the phone down and BL PWE, and our version gets removed from the 'official' PW versions list or whatever.

So no, Frankie won't be 'fixing' anything... Nor will the Devs because they don't care.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Divine_Death - Harshlands
    Divine_Death - Harshlands Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    I just poked frankie, so he's going to be reading the thread soon. Thanks for the video!b:thanks

And why does he need you to poke him about an issue with a game that he's paid to manage O.o
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited December 2011
    And why does he need you to poke him about an issue with a game that he's paid to manage O.o

To be fair, a lot of these threads pop up as troll threads every day, and he does have a lot of stuff on his plate. That's why he has the moderators to help him with the forums, and report to him when something this potentially serious pops up.
    edited December 2011
    To be fair, a lot of these threads pop up as troll threads every day, and he does have a lot of stuff on his plate. That's why he has the moderators to help him with the forums, and report to him when something this potentially serious pops up.

Is there somewhere where I can find the job description of GM (CM?) like Frankie?
    edited December 2011
    Is there somewhere where I can find the job description of GM (CM?) like Frankie?

Classified internal documents like that cannot be allowed to escape onto the internets!
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited December 2011

Is PWe short on staff or something still?

You would think they could hire a few more ppl...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
    edited December 2011
    Is PWe short on staff or something still?

You would think they could hire a few more ppl...

It's basically a dude with a chair and a monkey.

The dude with a chair hits his keyboard with it to 'fix' things.

The monkey is there for looks.

That, my friend, is the entire PWE staff dedicated to PWI.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
    edited December 2011

And to roll a die for the sales.
  • Gohanssj - Heavens Tear
    Gohanssj - Heavens Tear Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    It's basically a dude with a chair and a monkey.

The dude with a chair hits his keyboard with it to 'fix' things.

That, my friend, is the entire PWE staff dedicated to PWI.
    i like this post alot b:dirty
  • Comatose - Lothranis
    Comatose - Lothranis Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    It looks broken to me. I don't think the developers intended anyone to be able to apply HP debuffs to the TW crystal. Doing this should probably be bannable.

Lol asterelle. Gooning to 105 should probably be bannable.
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Could someone explain what that video is all about. I played it a few times and I saw the HQ crystal come up with 3/4 hp, the op uses heartseeker then goes onto kill other members of Ascend, before victory.

I didnt see the use of Quid Pro Quo. I understand from the discussion what happened, sort of, but without playing a seeker I kinda missed it.....
    edited December 2011
    Could someone explain what that video is all about. I played it a few times and I saw the HQ crystal come up with 3/4 hp, the op uses heartseeker then goes onto kill other members of Ascend, before victory.

I didnt see the use of Quid Pro Quo. I understand from the discussion what happened, sort of, but without playing a seeker I kinda missed it.....

He did at the start. Given that it would have been much easier to see if he didn't add the **** lord if the ring ****.
  • Michael - Harshlands
    Michael - Harshlands Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Pretty sure though that the only ST debuff that would last long enough is soulhunter, and on HL thats pulled to SZ and killed around 14hrs before TW by OpSy and crew so should be perfectly safe on HL from it causing issues.

Tested MQ one it only debuffs by 40% now and only lasts about 90seconds which is barely enough time to make it down the lane assuming no one spots you and you have lots of speed pots. However even then it would only be a HP nuke (as the crystal would remove the debuff over time and then continue to regenerate).

To you PvE servers I say keep up on your WBs kills and you wont have any TW issues with it, As the only debuffs that last long enough are those from various worldbosses.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I'm hearing one of the trial bosses has an extremely long lasting -50% hp debuff. Not sure which though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Ladyhellcatq - Dreamweaver
    Ladyhellcatq - Dreamweaver Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Hmm, I dont know how powerfull it is, but the debuff from the miniboss in sot that blows up lasts for quite awhile. You could always get it jump off an then tele strait to a teleporter to enter in very fast. Also what about the one from the caster nirvana last boss?
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Pretty sure though that the only ST debuff that would last long enough is soulhunter, and on HL thats pulled to SZ and killed around 14hrs before TW by OpSy and crew so should be perfectly safe on HL from it causing issues.

It must just be Arch server that is so dead that a WB stays alive during 2x b:chuckle
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    This is something that we're looking into right now. Thanks for reporting it.

For now at least, we'll consider it a legal strat.
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited December 2011

You can't be serious.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ladyhellcatq - Dreamweaver
    Ladyhellcatq - Dreamweaver Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    So if we kick a veno out of faction in the tw could they apply the soul degen to our seeker to do it to thier crystal? would that really work?
  • Risingdragon - Sanctuary
    Risingdragon - Sanctuary Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    no that person will be tele out as soon as got kicked from a faction
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    ReMakaBo - Archosaur Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    This is something that we're looking into right now. Thanks for reporting it.

A "strat" is being smart enough to QpQ a debuff from a player to the crystal that was INSIDE THE FACKIN TW INSTANCE---

bringing a debuf from a MOB that has entirelly nothing to do with a TW, is a DESIGN FLAW-

and you make it legal-

and you wonder why ya catch flack?
    re
  • Fintan - Lost City
    Fintan - Lost City Posts: 1,245 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    A "strat" is being smart enough to QpQ a debuff from a player to the crystal that was INSIDE THE FACKIN TW INSTANCE---

bringing a debuf from a MOB that has entirelly nothing to do with a TW, is a DESIGN FLAW-

and you make it legal-

and you wonder why ya catch flack?

ISTR that people QQed about not being able to take their buffs into TW (i.e. they wanted to be able to buff beforehand) due to being purified upon entering.

So, they fixed that.

Now, people are QQing because people aren't being stripped of buffs before TW.

They can't win on this one. b:chuckle
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    MuSHRooMS - Lost City (currently inviting new members) b:victory
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com