PWI Economist & merchs!! Answer please!! :D

Options
__Serpent__ - Lost City
__Serpent__ - Lost City Posts: 39 Arc User
edited December 2011 in General Discussion
Well in the past 2 months I've merch 120mil. I'm a lvl 100 sin who got R8 2 months ago with coin that was merched as well. Currently I'm gonna buy the TT99 boots/bracers and ornaments. I don't know whether or not to purchase them before the 2x ends OR keep using the coin to merch more.

Plus I hear from several folks that gold will drop A LOT after the new year. Possibly below 1mil again! Apparently this is PWI's final blowout sale because they're not doing so hot money wise and are gonna end sales completely or have them less often. Do you think this is true and if so, would it be wise to save all my money now? Thank you!b:laugh
Post edited by __Serpent__ - Lost City on

Comments

• J_Voorhees - Heavens Tear
    J_Voorhees - Heavens Tear Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Well in the past 2 months I've merch 120mil. I'm a lvl 100 sin who got R8 2 months ago with coin that was merched as well. Currently I'm gonna buy the TT99 boots/bracers and ornaments. I don't know whether or not to purchase them before the 2x ends OR keep using the coin to merch more.

Plus I hear from several folks that gold will drop A LOT after the new year. Possibly below 1mil again! Apparently this is PWI's final blowout sale because they're not doing so hot money wise and are gonna end sales completely or have them less often. Do you think this is true and if so, would it be wise to save all my money now? Thank you!b:laugh

Gold below 1 mil? when has that been last time? i think be4 R9 came out? not so sure, anyways i dont think that gonna happen. and pwi without sales? lol nah, there have almost always been sales... there are sales now, and there will always be sales...
  • __Serpent__ - Lost City
    edited December 2011
    Options
    So... should I get my TT99 stuff or wait!! :O
  • GumyBear - Raging Tide
    GumyBear - Raging Tide Posts: 365 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options

I say wait and see what happens b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aquilez - Sanctuary
    Aquilez - Sanctuary Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    i would say depends if you are an active player or not.
    if you are realy active, buy pieces to increase your int and then farm more coins to help merchant more, if you dont play that much just keep merchanting.

about the sales...
    there is a topic somewhere and someone posted there something wanmei (or w/e its spelled)
    said they would do less sales at the end of year, obviosly is not the case in PWI so i wouldnt bet in it
  • Manostra - Harshlands
    Manostra - Harshlands Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    There will be more sales in the new year and chances for new gear in the next expansions will make some older gears outdated so they will now push you to refine this soon to be ****.

Gold will drop but not back to the point before the pack blowout sales
    I hate Room 38
  • Red_Fatalis - Harshlands
    Red_Fatalis - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    i say, keep on merching and farm tt while doing so. remember that after getting your tt99's you'll want to get shinier stuff (nirv hat, nirv pants, nirv daggs or r9, etc.) which will cost even more.
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    In terms of Mats, Prices are about 30-75% during 2x of what they will be during normal drops.

There is a direct flux with 2x and gold prices.

As 2x happens, Mats (TT, Cannies, Raps) go down as the market floods. Usually a week or two in, they hit 30-60% of normal value.

As the sales happen and Gold goes up, the prices raise to 50-75% because of the larger amount of coin spenders looking for said gear.

As 2x ends and there is still excess coin, prices will go back up, and possibly stay a bit higher for a week or two. After that, they will drop back down to typical as gold prices drop and stabilize as well.

You missed rock bottom most likely, but right now the TT99/Nirvvy is going to just go up after 2x ends.

Your other issue is during 2x, there is more market availability for gear because people are farming. When 2x is over, there will be less on the market, so not only will it be harder to find what you want, but more expensive as well.

Merching does make more profit/get you geared faster than farming mats yourself, however.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • Shadowphreak - Lost City
    Shadowphreak - Lost City Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options

Wait till jan. Buy/sell uncannys/raptures. or HH. :)
    Evolution: Dungeon Master > Bards Tale > Ultima > Archlord > Perfect World

Leader of faction: REJECTED | Recruiting FUBAR players since 2010 |FREE BEER

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options

I would buy them. If you're missing that much -int then you will a very nice improvement to farm it back (getting into more nirvy squads as a result etc).
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • QuietKitteh - Lost City
    QuietKitteh - Lost City Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    i'd say get them now, the prices now ARE lower than when 2x is over, atleast for HH mats. So you should be able to save some, but then you gotta merch alot more to regain alot of what you lost so its pretty much whatcha wanna do? you'll also get into more squads to farm stuff as NV which can get you into making more profit in that way aswell.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options

merchant more.
    there's no point on getting the -int stuff now when 2x is 2 weeks from being over. You won't get to the level of farming whatever you please alone/duo, so why bother?
    Merchant more, pile up some cash and wait to see what happens. Be prepared to get gear+refines if another 2x event will come so you can actually start that one fully geared and ready to farm.
    Keep merchanting, there's a lot of room to make a lot of money in the upcoming month rolling 100mil, much, much more than you would be able to by buying your -int pieces.
    And always keep an eye out for info regarding the new expansion, the PvE gear choice might be very, very important (e.g: wep with +attk lvls, neck/belt with +attk/def lvls, etc) and it might change a lot the endgame 4-5 aps standard build.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Any idea on when another 2x event will happen? b:sad
    edited December 2011
    Options
    And also, how much money can someone make in a 3.33 squad?