Solo FB

ay4
ay4 Posts: 1
edited December 2011 in Venomancer
Hi there,

i started playing PW 1 week ago and my question is: can i solo all fb's with my veno? currently im lvl 31 and dont even got my fb19 and fb29. all ppl i asked didnt even response... so no help for me and i got to do this on my own.

i have a glacial walker same lvl as me and the 20 days equip i got at the start.
is the walker strong enough to tank the bosses till fb89 or fb99?

btw i play on the german server.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    <_<...You should try to get your fb19 and 29 done as soon as possible, since I believe its an integral part to getting new skills you'll need that you can't get with your lvl9 spiritual cultivation. Perhaps join a faction so you can actually get help, or ask around the center platform in archosaur. You should at least get one or two helpful people that will run you through your fb19/29 there.

But, on another note, I think you might be able to try fb19 on your own. Keep in mind, it will take hours to get through the mobs, and you'll do nothing but spam heal your pet the entire time, and chug pots since you won't have Soul Transfusion yet because you haven't finished your cultivation. Untamed fb19 is one of the longest of the 3, I believe. I don't know from experience if a lvl31 walker can solo Razorjaw, I may have to try it with my lvl57 veno.

I would strongly recommend against later trying to solo bosses in fb51 or bh69 with your walker. Especially 69! I cannot speak for fb79+, as I've yet to actually get there myself and see how veno's handle it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    FBs aren't part of spiritual cultivation until Valley of Disaster (FB59).

FB19 should be soloable at 31 with a walker. Not 29, you'd have to wait until sometime in your late 40s. 39 is soloable at 53 with an Eldergoth Marksman/Sharpshooter in range mode (skills disabled, right click on active (highlighted) skill to turn it off) for the bosses. (You can probably do Qingzi in 29 earlier with an Eldergoth than with a walker, too. At range he uses a magic attack which hits hard but comes much slower than his melee attack.)

51 first 2 bosses can be done with a walker in the 70s if not earlier, Wyvern has an increased damage curse that you can't outheal solo until much later. 59 all the bosses are magic at range, soloable sometime in the 70s with an eldergoth. Pyro (the only one needed for culti) in 69 can be soloed with an eldergoth about the same time, but forget about soloing Gaurnob or Polearm with a free pet... Nob has an increased damage curse and isn't soloable with a herc until the 90s, Pole has an armor break that will put a herc down.

In 79 Stygean's an archer and should be soloable by a walker; the other bosses are mag at range, and probably easier with an eldergoth, but I don't know at what level.

Bear in mind that you can't use the Call to Duty tablets unless you're leading a squad (other squad members do not have to be in the dungeon) and you can't pick up the tablets after a certain level (30 for 19, 40 for 29, 50 for 39, 60 for 51, 70 for 59 etc.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • CarefulIBite - Raging Tide
    CarefulIBite - Raging Tide Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    ay4 wrote: »
    Hi there,

i started playing PW 1 week ago and my question is: can i solo all fb's with my veno? currently im lvl 31 and dont even got my fb19 and fb29. all ppl i asked didnt even response... so no help for me and i got to do this on my own.

i have a glacial walker same lvl as me and the 20 days equip i got at the start.

You should be able to find some help in arch but whatever you do, do not run them on your own. My level 45 veno had trouble with fb19 as it is and fb29 just forget it you need some high levels for that one. Also you need a squad to even do your fb they force you to have at least one person with you.
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    My level 45 veno had trouble with fb19
    you sure you lvled your pet (proper pet, not any) and didnt forget to wear wep? fb19 takes 1 hour on lvl33 (full vit build, and a bit earlier with vit-mag/pure mag)
    i think this fb veno should solo at least to train basic tactics she should know to play veno well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • Jin_Wang - Lost City
    Jin_Wang - Lost City Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    FBs aren't part of spiritual cultivation until Valley of Disaster (FB59).

FB19 should be soloable at 31 with a walker. Not 29, you'd have to wait until sometime in your late 40s. 39 is soloable at 53 with an Eldergoth Marksman/Sharpshooter in range mode (skills disabled, right click on active (highlighted) skill to turn it off) for the bosses. (You can probably do Qingzi in 29 earlier with an Eldergoth than with a walker, too. At range he uses a magic attack which hits hard but comes much slower than his melee attack.)

51 first 2 bosses can be done with a walker in the 70s if not earlier, Wyvern has an increased damage curse that you can't outheal solo until much later. 59 all the bosses are magic at range, soloable sometime in the 70s with an eldergoth. Pyro (the only one needed for culti) in 69 can be soloed with an eldergoth about the same time, but forget about soloing Gaurnob or Polearm with a free pet... Nob has an increased damage curse and isn't soloable with a herc until the 90s, Pole has an armor break that will put a herc down.

In 79 Stygean's an archer and should be soloable by a walker; the other bosses are mag at range, and probably easier with an eldergoth, but I don't know at what level.

Bear in mind that you can't use the Call to Duty tablets unless you're leading a squad (other squad members do not have to be in the dungeon) and you can't pick up the tablets after a certain level (30 for 19, 40 for 29, 50 for 39, 60 for 51, 70 for 59 etc.)

Really great advice, my eldergoth may prove helpful, but he's so silly at this moment.
    You should be able to find some help in arch but whatever you do, do not run them on your own. My level 45 veno had trouble with fb19 as it is and fb29 just forget it you need some high levels for that one. Also you need a squad to even do your fb they force you to have at least one person with you.

To be all honest with you... I have done a friend's FB19 at that level I think (somewhere around that range), and I was AOE tanking without dying (my pets had trouble aggroing so I tanked most of them) and I killed rend razor jaw WHILE tanking (me, not my pet) with just a level 23 veno and a LVL52-54 barb... and yes, he was using humanoid form. You shouldn't even be dying at that level... plus I done solo to mobs in my own FBs to clear, so it is 100% soloable from mobs of course... Especially from my experience and Mayfly's point of view / experience.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aijou - Harshlands
    Aijou - Harshlands Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I've had my herc since level 1.
    I can solo NOW (at my current level)
    some of 69
    some of 79 (crazy tedious - definitely get a squad)
    I can tank bosses in 99.

I first solo'd at the level:
    19 at 19
    29 at 29
    39 at 39
    51 at 51
    59 at 70 (or whichever level you got it as a BH)
    69 at 100 (never tried before)
    79 never.
    89 at 100.
    I've done a 99 BH solo once. it was terrible.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I've had my herc since level 1.
    I can solo NOW (at my current level)
    some of 69
    some of 79 (crazy tedious - definitely get a squad)
    I can tank bosses in 99.

I first solo'd at the level:
    19 at 19
    29 at 29
    39 at 39
    51 at 51
    59 at 70 (or whichever level you got it as a BH)
    69 at 100 (never tried before)
    79 never.
    89 at 100.
    I've done a 99 BH solo once. it was terrible.

29 at 29, 51 at 51, really? My one veno that had a herc from her start almost (gained 2 levels digging lowest mats on the way to Arch to pick up the herc ticket) could not solo Qingzi with her herc at 29, couldn't tank even with the help of a second level 29 veno alt helping heal. Also, my HA/AA veno couldn't solo heal Wyvern until she got the 63 heal. With a herc, she could solo the bosses in 59 at the same level.

79's easy (if tedious) with a herc even before 79. 89 except Phlebo before 89 (Phlebo I needed the 93 heal to survive his amp, and even now I kite the amp.)

Which 99 bosses are soloable? The only ones I've tried tanking are Mountain Finger and Rancid Venerator.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Aijou - Harshlands
    Aijou - Harshlands Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    29 at 29, 51 at 51, really? My one veno that had a herc from her start almost (gained 2 levels digging lowest mats on the way to Arch to pick up the herc ticket) could not solo Qingzi with her herc at 29, couldn't tank even with the help of a second level 29 veno alt helping heal. Also, my HA/AA veno couldn't solo heal Wyvern until she got the 63 heal. With a herc, she could solo the bosses in 59 at the same level.

79's easy (if tedious) with a herc even before 79. 89 except Phlebo before 89 (Phlebo I needed the 93 heal to survive his amp, and even now I kite the amp.)

Which 99 bosses are soloable? The only ones I've tried tanking are Mountain Finger and Rancid Venerator.

I didn't have problems with the pre-60 fbs.
    For 99, the flower one.
  • Viper_girl - Heavens Tear
    Viper_girl - Heavens Tear Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    ay4 wrote: »
    Hi there,

The answer to your question is yes, however, not until you are a much higher level than the FB. I have a Herc and even with the Herc it isn't easy to do it near your own level solo and it takes forever.

As Mayfly pointed out FBs aren't required till 59. In the current state of the game, where the majority of the players are veteran, no-one bothers with low level FBs, that is why you aren't getting any responses. FB/BH39 is the lowest FB where there seems to be any interest in random squads.

So my advice is to level up and forget about the lower level FBs. Once you get to level 40+ and can go to the Bounty Hunter you'll be able to get into squads for your FBs fairly easily because of everyone doing the daily BH.

As far as the Walker at higher levels, I think you should set your expectations on getting a Herc or switch to a different class. Everyone is so overgeared nowadays you will find yourself feeling somewhat useless without a Herc. Others may try to argue otherwise but that is the reality. If you really expect to get near endgame where the gear cost is in the billions of coin. The price of a Herc is quite cheap now comparatively.