Retiring your barb?

Options
2»

Comments

• Ryder_SangHa - Sanctuary
    Ryder_SangHa - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Contrary to popular belief, barbs CAN tank nirvy, and those of you who have been in squads with me, know this. APS helps, and yes I can keep aggro. It's a simple question of spamming flesh ream, and using beastial rage to rebuild chi.

Now I know this post will get feedback from APS sins, bm's, and archers, but I REALLY don't care what you all have to say. This post is for the PURE TANK BARBARIAN. Let the APS freaks go for speed, and multi runs. Form squads that don't have 5.0 APS, the bosses die just as efficiently, and you get more than just 150k for opening nirvy.

When someone PM's me, and offers me coin to open nirvy, I laugh. 150k to open nirvy, and I sit there watching them make millions. LOL! I tell them it's 300k, and an additional 200k for SAGE BARB buffs. Try it. They won't refuse, and if barb/cleric does it nirvy won't be so fun for the APS freaks. To answer all the posts that will follow my little comment, I get 500k per key to open nirvy, or they get no buffs, and I don't open. Don't give in for a mere 150k. You're better than that.

So I don't expect the intellectual mind to reply to this post, only the greedy boutique player who power leveled a toon to do nirvy with APS. Good luck to any of you who need BH's done, because in my bh squad, I no longer take claw archers/bm's, or sins. As for TT 3-x, I tank them for guildies only. Yes I can tank a TT 3-3, and as a pure tank so can any barb.

So barbs, don't re-stat. Stay true to your class.

hmm I barely caught a word you said. I can agree and not agree, but as a guy like me that plays both a barb and a cleric. I have very much pre-retired my barb from running instances with randoms, sometimes my faction. I hate running BH's with idiots when I play my cleric. its depressing when the DD'er dies, I get aggro and I die. That is just my cleric, as for my barb, I mostly do justice quest, normal quest, faction quest, quest etc.
    As for instances, in TT 3-1 3-2 3-3, I can't hold aggro, from a 5.0 bm or sin, cause they say they can do my job better and force the cleric to stack ih on them while I devour. That devour stuff is very boring and pointless b:angry the whole instance I did nothing but sit back and watch, still boring and pointless. Though I was watching the sins HP, and saw half of it nearly depleted when he was fighting Emp. Now theres something you don't see out of an aps class. Still I give up doing instances mostly because most DD's have become very un-humble. So if any barb doesn't feel needed in squads anymore, try out some quest, you might get an idea. I'm an old school style PW player and refuse to adapt+ reroll an aps class, I like being a kitty and like having a kitty in my clerics squad for BH's.

in other words "sin says he's gonna tank Wurlord" *Wurlord spams a devastating magic attack and kills sin* "barb goes up to dead sin and says" haha!!!

Also I don't see a point going to Nirvana anyway, as a classic tank barb.
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    Yulk_owns - Lost City Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Maybe because you're built wrong brother, because I DO hold aggro, and I do about 10 nirvy runs per day. As for the BM who stopped reading, as I said the post isn't for kids. It's for REAL players, and the intellectual mind.

Good luck finding them from INGAME... You won't find 99% of them on the forum board b:laugh
    I, II and III spark is the most cheesiest skill in PWI and it should be removed or massively nerfed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    who need nv so outdated and pointless i heard r8 the trial is gona kill nv anyways and get this aps are not needed on them anyways.

can you imagine this aps nub killing one mob while the whole place swarm with mobs.

bp who need it my spark heal me waaay more then bp would ever heal me anyways so pointless.

r9 so much more better then 5aps anyday.

now i gona see to try get gold as high as 2milj a piece we so close now go go farmer make me rich.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I used to have a barb, but then it took an arrow the knee
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options

I used to care about Archers not getting into instances.. but then I took a Barrage of Arrows to the knee.
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Yes barbs can tank nirvana, barbs can tank everything. They just can't hold aggro. The evolution of gear while the skills only had a few little insignificant tweaks (fleshream being 100% accurate and -4 attack lvl on devour lol), makes aggro skills simply outdated. On normal lvl bosses you won't hold aggro of any class anymore. On lvl? bosses it's pretty much getting the same. The only way for barbs to tank, is to have way better gear then the rest of squad.

This is why more and more, a barb is called "puller" instead of "tank". And even if they did increase the effect of fleshream massively, so that even a +12 4aps demon sin with drakeflames couldn't get aggro even with 10 crits in a row, it wouldn't change anything. Since the same gear evolution while pve content didn't evolve (or actually became easier), makes that pretty much anyone can tank now anyway.

I think it's sad, but that's how it is atm. I changed my barb to aps build for a while, and hated it a lot so changed back. The main uses of my barb are now to help out friends, get extra bh rewards (mainly the spirit items from bh2), show-off my epic vit hammers and decline proposals from TW factions that can't find vit barbs anymore telling them I prefer to be useless to joining them.
  • Teiw - Sanctuary
    Teiw - Sanctuary Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I have a level 94 sage barb. He kept aggro pretty well in all the bhs up to and including 59, 69, and 79. I generally keep aggro really well with a +3 gatherstorm poleaxe and sage fleshream. Its also a whole lot of fun using him to do giant pulls in fcc.

Once he hits 100 I'll give him his TT99 gear, get his hp as high as I can. And pretty much only use him for bounty hunts or helping friends with fcc XD.

One of my friends is a rank 9 barb, but even before that he had 20k hp and could live though boss hits and aoes in 3-1, 3-2, and 3-3 that nobody else could. It was very impressive and helpful to the group.

I personally wouldn't mind only helping with fccs, bhs, and the occasional TT on my barb. I'll be happy when he's 100 then go to work on leveling more alts XD.
  • _xXPandaXx_ - Lost City
    _xXPandaXx_ - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I am a pure vitality barbarian and i approve this message.b:victory
  • Eraldus - Sanctuary
    Eraldus - Sanctuary Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options

I used to play this game like you, them I reallized that APS is the only way to actually making "true" friends.

And also I took an arrow to the knee and had my sweetroll stolen at the same time...
    Retired...

Reasons? Packs, rank gear, picky greedy players, the list goes on b:bye
  • Retsuko - Heavens Tear
    Retsuko - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,016 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    The truth is, with the exception of TW, a full vit barb is outdated and mostly useless.

Don't thank the players, thank the level of gear implemented and the lack of end-game content that requires full vit barbs.

And, they've also removed content which required a decent barb.

This.

My mystic easily tanks stuff, like metal boss, nirv bosses, sot bosses and so on. Every daily stuff we needed a barb for back in the day. Even some world bosses could be possible with my mystuc? Harpy of course is not :P

I was working on a sage barb... maybe i should continue with it...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

playing Faction Wars Again.
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Well, contrary to what is thought and said, I prefer taking a sage barb hybrid to nirvana with me. Meaning that would be my friend of course.

The guy doesn't use charms, he gets by with pots, sage skills, and all his apothecary making.
    It takes more then Flesh Ream to hold arrgo from 5aps classes, but then again any knowledgeable barb would know this. Hes great at hold argo, but no one can hold argo 100% of the time, its fact. So maybe about 90%-95%% of the time a barb like him will keep it off you.

He also does the purging for the squad, so when we can't find a veno this helps greatly.
    Despite what a you might think, he has probably died 1% of any time a x2 session has been put up. (this would most likely be the boss that does intense poison damage in room 2nd last room, sorry forgot the name of it)

We can get an average of maybe 3 runs done in 15 mintues depending on how busy people are.

It's much nicer then taking a demon barb with, those couldn't hold argo off me very well. This would be my option to take nirvana farming, but hybrid barbs are very rare, so if you want to try nirvana out with one good luck on your search.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
  • _Petal_ - Harshlands
    _Petal_ - Harshlands Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    the issue isnt that barbs are unable to tank nirvana so much. Even if they do manage to hold aggro, you could replace him with a sin who could do the same job, but get the boss killed faster. farming is about efficiency.

Well "efficiency" is choking the life out of a class that's been tanking, pulling, and holding aggro since the very beginnings of this game. **** efficiency--I want to play the game, and if I want to do my class's JOB and tank, why shouldn't I be able to because of some moron who decided that having a character that looked like it was having a seizure was more "efficient?"

As a former barb, I agree with the OP. I didn't mind APS toons at first. Then, slowly but surely, I found instances more difficult to find. I stopped playing LC entirely because I simply couldn't get squads anymore. I mean, with all the twitchy people running around, who needs a slow, lumpy barb? It's not like we've ever done anything.

Oh wait, you need me to come on once a week to pull cata? Go ask the BM's or Assassins to do it, since they're such wonderful tanks. You can't pull cata because everybody's hitting you and you have about half the HP I do? Tough ****. Why don't you roll a VIT build and stop complaining? After all, that's what you tell Barbs to do-- Go roll a Fist build, they say.

Barbarians have a job, and if we can't do all of that job, why should we come in one or two days of the week to only do part of it? How would you feel if we took YOUR class's main design and threw it out of the window?
    Well that's how we feel, when we know it's in our classes design to tank instances and keep squishies from harm, but we CAN'T, because some **** clown up in China decided it would be hilarious to give everybody else the ability to attack at a hundred miles an hour.

I hope this new expansion fixes this mess. This has been past the point of out of hand for way too long.
    They made fun of me because I wasn't a R8 Psychic...and then came third cast. It's not funny anymore.

Reason 88 to buy a makeover scroll:
    gomba: "Your butt looks like an eggplant."
    Q_Q
  • OJake - Raging Tide
    OJake - Raging Tide Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Contrary to popular belief, barbs CAN tank nirvy, and those of you who have been in squads with me, know this. APS helps, and yes I can keep aggro. It's a simple question of spamming flesh ream, and using beastial rage to rebuild chi.

Now I know this post will get feedback from APS sins, bm's, and archers, but I REALLY don't care what you all have to say. This post is for the PURE TANK BARBARIAN. Let the APS freaks go for speed, and multi runs. Form squads that don't have 5.0 APS, the bosses die just as efficiently, and you get more than just 150k for opening nirvy.

When someone PM's me, and offers me coin to open nirvy, I laugh. 150k to open nirvy, and I sit there watching them make millions. LOL! I tell them it's 300k, and an additional 200k for SAGE BARB buffs. Try it. They won't refuse, and if barb/cleric does it nirvy won't be so fun for the APS freaks. To answer all the posts that will follow my little comment, I get 500k per key to open nirvy, or they get no buffs, and I don't open. Don't give in for a mere 150k. You're better than that.

So I don't expect the intellectual mind to reply to this post, only the greedy boutique player who power leveled a toon to do nirvy with APS. Good luck to any of you who need BH's done, because in my bh squad, I no longer take claw archers/bm's, or sins. As for TT 3-x, I tank them for guildies only. Yes I can tank a TT 3-3, and as a pure tank so can any barb.

So barbs, don't re-stat. Stay true to your class.

This whole comment is a joke, who ever said barbs cant tank Nirvy hmmm? there a reason ppl dont chose to take barbs... & u know that reason, yes barbs buffs r nice but WTF i hope ur joking bout the "pay to buff thing" & on my server at least ive never seen any pay for some1 to use there keys to open. i like barbs in Nirvy from time 2 time aps or not as long as it does not take 30mins. & for the aggro thing no 1 holds aggro in nivry all bosses hav random aggro & whoever is a higher dmg APS'er will hav the most of the non-random aggro, IDC wat lvl ur Fleash ream is no barb ( unless +12 R9 or so idk for sure) will hold aggro for long from me on a boss/mob its ridiculous to think otherwise. to ur comment on BHs " Good luck"? ur joking right? BMs, Sins etc... can tank/solo BH100s, it to damn ez now. my BM as long as i hav BP for some, can solo abbadon & SoT bossess, i can tank Warsong (no barb in squad) i hav been the puller for Delta wave2-3 & i hav tanked TTs 2-# + 3-# ( if the sin isnt more OP). & yes for me to im a 5aps BM that isnt a pure tank, i can tank 3-3 as well.
  • Eraldus - Sanctuary
    Eraldus - Sanctuary Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    b:laugh <
    Me when somebody says this game isn't broken.
    Retired...

Reasons? Packs, rank gear, picky greedy players, the list goes on b:bye
  • _MonoxidE_ - Sanctuary
    _MonoxidE_ - Sanctuary Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I believe that every class has a place in the game. It is up to the player to investigate, learn, do... and secure it.

I do not mind the slower runs because time w/ friends and good company is invaluable....

^This. In the beginning nobody wanted to run anything without a barb tanking although it was possible in many situations. 2 1/2 yrs ago people use to laugh when our squad had a cleric tank because all the new players automatically thought a barb was needed to tank any and everything. What did people do before 5aps, r8/r9? How did people manage before sins, seekers, psy's and mystics? Its sad that there are possibly many lv+100 players who still dont know their full potential and limitations.
  • Fiddlydum - Heavens Tear
    Fiddlydum - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Because OP claims to be able to hold aggro on his pure axes barb against the "APS freaks" and he is on Heaven's Tear. I welcome the barb to one of my nirvana runs on my assassin, or even on my "APS freak" barb of my own. If OP can keep aggro from either one of my "APS freaks" I will apologize and give to him every single account and item I own including my R9 wizard, R8 archer, Herc/nix veno, 5.0 BM, 5.0 sin, 5.0 Barb and my first born son.

Let me know if you're up for it Mr.TruetoyourclassBarb :D