People who says seeker arent good= BS !

2»

Comments

• Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    This is my experience with endgame seekers... in particular, RisingDoll of Sanctuary X-x
    I'm not experienced in 1v1 PK so much but I am very experienced in TW...

I'm a R9 Psychic (mostly irrelevant, but speaking to defense on gear). My gear/pdef is not the best, and I'm not one of the epic full JOSD psy, but in white voodoo i have 115 def levels. Unbuffed, a R9+12 Seeker will hit me for 2-9k with Yata in White Voodoo. This is of course with Yata, one of the fastest hitting AoE skills in the game. Personally, I'm not the best at watching my surroundings and fairly often if a seeker is coming for me from a side or something with Yata in mind, I will get caught by a hit or two before I can notice/domain/Psy Will/Gtfo. Usually the seeker will come in with Anti-Stun/IG combo to set up Yata ON me. Add in lag and yeah, I die to Yatas. It happens. People should not so easily rule out the usefulness of Yata, especially combo'd with an HF. b:shocked

To be honest, I die less to Seeker's ranged skills (including GS). GS hits damn hard, yes, but often it's just a pdef charm tick on a buffed target, then more damage will be done by their Archer buddy. Unless, as I said earlier, the very rare zerk crit happens in which case it does hurt a bit more. Their passive def level buff pretty much negates a Psychic's Black Voodoo, so we're kinda stuck facing the rare 20k hp full jades R9+12 Seeker. As I said earlier, it's like a rock you can't kill without some backup so you just try to lock down and avoid...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    ReMakaBo - Archosaur Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    R9 seeker=c0in sink ijs.....

PvP Abilities=Makes a g00d fl00r mat

PvE Ability=

Sin:*Clears 3 Nirvs*

Y U N0 Guy:R9 Seeker Y U N0 FINISH FIRST NIRV?

well since we are a coin sink...who need "nivy" "nirvy" blah blah

My seeker seen Nirvana ONCE since release, and I was drunk-
    re
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    edited December 2011
    This is my experience with endgame seekers... in particular, RisingDoll of Sanctuary X-x
    I'm not experienced in 1v1 PK so much but I am very experienced in TW...

I'm a R9 Psychic (mostly irrelevant, but speaking to defense on gear). My gear/pdef is not the best, and I'm not one of the epic full JOSD psy, but in white voodoo i have 115 def levels. Unbuffed, a R9+12 Seeker will hit me for 2-9k with Yata in White Voodoo. This is of course with Yata, one of the fastest hitting AoE skills in the game. Personally, I'm not the best at watching my surroundings and fairly often if a seeker is coming for me from a side or something with Yata in mind, I will get caught by a hit or two before I can notice/domain/Psy Will/Gtfo. Usually the seeker will come in with Anti-Stun/IG combo to set up Yata ON me. Add in lag and yeah, I die to Yatas. It happens. People should not so easily rule out the usefulness of Yata, especially combo'd with an HF. b:shocked

To be honest, I die less to Seeker's ranged skills (including GS). GS hits damn hard, yes, but often it's just a pdef charm tick on a buffed target, then more damage will be done by their Archer buddy. Unless, as I said earlier, the very rare zerk crit happens in which case it does hurt a bit more. Their passive def level buff pretty much negates a Psychic's Black Voodoo, so we're kinda stuck facing the rare 20k hp full jades R9+12 Seeker. As I said earlier, it's like a rock you can't kill without some backup so you just try to lock down and avoid...

A seeker coming at you with "yata" is a moron... atleats you built a strat to over come the morons-
    re
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I have next to no PvP experience against seekers, and I PvP almost daily... They just don't seem to be much of a threat in PvP for me to go out of my way to learn their skills and such.

They do make better back up cat pullers than BMs do in TW I guess... but in open map PK I feel more threatened by a R9 barb who actually has ability to purge me with 100 skill than a R9 seeker...

That's just the main downfall of seekers, they're restricted to 1 weapon and have no ability to purge anyone, they're like even less DD than barbs in PvP. =/
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    edited December 2011
    I have next to no PvP experience against seekers, and I PvP almost daily... They just don't seem to be much of a threat in PvP for me to go out of my way to learn their skills and such.

They do make better back up cat pullers than BMs do in TW I guess... but in open map PK I feel more threatened by a R9 barb who actually has ability to purge me with 100 skill than a R9 seeker...

That's just the main downfall of seekers, they're restricted to 1 weapon and have no ability to purge anyone, they're like even less DD than barbs in PvP. =/

Or a none cancel castable BM these days-
    re
  • SoulkillerX - Raging Tide
    SoulkillerX - Raging Tide Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    lol i faced R9 seekers in TW let me tell u they can ***** kill anything and there like a rock hard to take them down skilled seeker who have the R9 are the ones tht u need to fear from and yes seeker are one of the best classes in TW if u can use Seeker well b:victoryb:bye
  • Dylena - Raging Tide
    Dylena - Raging Tide Posts: 1,416 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    And what about those Seekers who do have Rank 9? Or perhaps Second Castings of Rank 8?

Any class with R9 is strong, I wont say they are weak because I've had my *** handed to me by a full R9 JOSDS +11/+12 wep seeker but what I can say is, it took him a while when we did the 1vs1 and hes by far the most skilled seeker.

My gears vs his is another story, I got mostly +10 with immaculate citrines +7 ornaments and full R9 as well he is. If we would be on equal grounds the story might have changed on who beat who.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Catanna - Dreamweaver
    Catanna - Dreamweaver Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I love to read all this random talk about seekers from others who, themselves have not tried/played the class at lvl 100...because imo, that is when seekers get to be really fun. This thread isn't about how good YOUR class is, it's just stating the idea that seekers can be great in PVP. I have a lvl 102 seeker, she is pure strength build with rank 9 sword and chest. Everything else is 2nd stage nirvy, 1st stage lunar/nivy helm, warsong belt and cube neck. Sharding is a nice mix of vit stones and JoSD. I, myself have a hard time in PvP against any rank 9 sin who knows what they are doing. It could be my inexperience in PvP (I like to tell that to myself when I face plant 100 times to rank9 sins) but I don't think that seekers have the skills to beat a full rank9 sin YET. Actually, I think that killing any rank 9 toon is difficult....as it should be. In PvP rk9an sins are a real threat to seekers, along with a skilled rank 9 psy or wizzys. Archers can be difficult, but only the +12 full DoT built ones. Clerics are fun, but easy. Barbs and equally geared seekers are draws (usually) BMs equally geared can be difficult, but not once the seekers is rank9. Mystics are a little harder than a cleric, but still easy. Venos can be hard, but only if they are rank9. This is MY POINT of view (mainly from my TW and small amount of PvP) of seekers. I would love to hear a full rank 9 DoT seeker leave their opinions on this matter.

I think seekers really shine in TW, killing any non HA geared toon is cake and survival is ridonkulous. Going from a decently geared archer to seeker allows me to really feel the difference.

Some point I wanted to respond to. I agree that seekers are coin sinks. I don't agree that rank9 for seekers is useless, mainly because I honestly believe that seekers can not reach their full potential until they rank up (hence the coin sink comment) unlike many other classes that can still hold their own with their rank 8 status. I would love to see a rank9 sin take down a full rank9 40k HP barb.
  • Tyramera - Dreamweaver
    Tyramera - Dreamweaver Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I love to read all this random talk about seekers from others who, themselves have not tried/played the class at lvl 100...because imo, that is when seekers get to be really fun. This thread isn't about how good YOUR class is, it's just stating the idea that seekers can be great in PVP. I have a lvl 102 seeker, she is pure strength build with rank 9 sword and chest. Everything else is 2nd stage nirvy, 1st stage lunar/nivy helm, warsong belt and cube neck. Sharding is a nice mix of vit stones and JoSD. I, myself have a hard time in PvP against any rank 9 sin who knows what they are doing. It could be my inexperience in PvP (I like to tell that to myself when I face plant 100 times to rank9 sins) but I don't think that seekers have the skills to beat a full rank9 sin YET. Actually, I think that killing any rank 9 toon is difficult....as it should be. In PvP rk9an sins are a real threat to seekers, along with a skilled rank 9 psy or wizzys. Archers can be difficult, but only the +12 full DoT built ones. Clerics are fun, but easy. Barbs and equally geared seekers are draws (usually) BMs equally geared can be difficult, but not once the seekers is rank9. Mystics are a little harder than a cleric, but still easy. Venos can be hard, but only if they are rank9. This is MY POINT of view (mainly from my TW and small amount of PvP) of seekers. I would love to hear a full rank 9 DoT seeker leave their opinions on this matter.

I think seekers really shine in TW, killing any non HA geared toon is cake and survival is ridonkulous. Going from a decently geared archer to seeker allows me to really feel the difference.

Some point I wanted to respond to. I agree that seekers are coin sinks. I don't agree that rank9 for seekers is useless, mainly because I honestly believe that seekers can not reach their full potential until they rank up (hence the coin sink comment) unlike many other classes that can still hold their own with their rank 8 status. I would love to see a rank9 sin take down a full rank9 40k HP barb.

This is all well and good, but I've seen r9 seeker in action. This noob called Mitaya or something like that ... total fail, ruins this argument for all seekers. b:laugh
  • TolanSky - Heavens Tear
    TolanSky - Heavens Tear Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    This is all well and good, but I've seen r9 seeker in action. This noob called Mitaya or something like that ... total fail, ruins this argument for all seekers. b:laugh

generalizing all seekers based on a single individual is a logical fallacy in its most grandiose form.
    Acc 1: TolanSky ~ ● Seeker / Daearena ~ Mystic / ThornLily ~ Veno
    Acc 2: Veilana ~ Sin / QueenBlubrry ~ Cleric / Lemondrop ~ Psychic
  • ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Why do you always talk about sins in every topic? Once you realize that some classes use more than auto-attack you'll see how good they are in pvp. Sounds to me like you're just butthurt and holding a grudge against seekers because when new skills are updated you won't be able to hide in stealth anymore. Enjoy your stealth, stun, spark, auto- attack while it lasts. b:chuckle

I d0n't play my sin anym0re it is b0ring D:. S0unds m0re t0 be like y0u can't handle the truth b:bye. Every0ne sh0uld g0 level a seeker t0 100 since it is the "0ne of the best" PvE class end game t0 make c0in with*sarcasm*.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
  • _Petal_ - Harshlands
    _Petal_ - Harshlands Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Before I start, let it be known I've played a barb, a psychic, and a venomancer before I started my Seeker.

Seekers are a powerfully diverse class, with great amounts of physical and metal damage, and a variety of powerful status effects that can be nasty. This is great in both PvP and PvE. I particularly love having Seekers in BH and FC squads because of their various elemental debuffs which make the party overall do more damage--they're really a very useful class when you really think about it; extremely versatile and capable of taking quite a bit of damage.

Do they twitch things to death like Assassins, or BM's, or Archers? No. But that's what makes them, in my opinion, better. They actually have to THINK about what they do while they're attacking; switching into various sword forms in order to cripple their enemies more efficiently, and honestly looking less ridiculous than someone having a seizure. You have to admire something like that, especially in times like these where almost nobody does things "the hard way."

As a close-enough-to-endgame-to-understand-things Psychic, I find Seekers can be challenging when they're played by someone with an IQ greater than 4.

Anti_Matter (actual character) is a well known Assassin on Harshlands who has a track record of being very nasty to fight against in PvP.
    I watched a Seeker whom I'd never seen before in my life, blood red, in some random faction I'd never heard before, tank this assassin like it wasn't even an issue. Anti_Matter went on to say that he'd killed Barbs in better gear with more ease than he had fought this Seeker.

You've got to give props to people who play classes who actually know what they're doing.

Each class has their own disadvantages. I can say playing through this class on my own out of curiosity, that Seekers have horrible MagDef, and if you don't stick enough DEX, you'll find your attacks missing from time to time. Other than that, I have no complaints.
    All I know is, when those new skills come out, I definitely want to be able to see those sins before they see me. And with skills like Heartseeker and Gemini Slash, the sin won't be having much fun.

I can tell you right now many people will be bailing on their sins for PvP and going to EG's before it's over with.
    They made fun of me because I wasn't a R8 Psychic...and then came third cast. It's not funny anymore.

Reason 88 to buy a makeover scroll:
    gomba: "Your butt looks like an eggplant."
    Q_Q
  • Tyramera - Dreamweaver
    Tyramera - Dreamweaver Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    generalizing all seekers based on a single individual is a logical fallacy in its most grandiose form.

This is true. Although I was actually poking fun at the poster (the seeker I referred to is hers) as opposed to making a serious argument. Perhaps I should have used a ;) instead of a laughing bear.

Still, it is good to know that someone is diligently scouring the forums to make sure that everyone uses proper logical argumentation. It allows the rest of us to sleep well at night. Thank you good sir for your vigilance.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    This is true. Although I was actually poking fun at the poster (the seeker I referred to is hers) as opposed to making a serious argument. Perhaps I should have used a ;) instead of a laughing bear.

Still, it is good to know that someone is diligently scouring the forums to make sure that everyone uses proper logical argumentation. It allows the rest of us to sleep well at night. Thank you good sir for your vigilance.

"Forums" and "proper logical argumentation" is the biggest oxymoron I've heard in my life...
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • HardToThink - Lost City
    HardToThink - Lost City Posts: 967 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Let's be honest, i've seen seekers with 100+ att lvls and 100+ def lvls with 20k+ hp. Gemini Slash is one of the highest DPH skills in the game. Add that to a crit, or even a lucky crit + GoF and you're r8/hh99 wizzy will take enough dmg to die 4x over. I wonder sometimes if people in this forum actually the play the game or spend more time posting in forums.

lc only has 4-5 seekers that pvp (all r9) oo I've also never even turned protections off =]
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
    [SIGPIC]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/25yzm05jpg.png/[/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/HardToYawn?blend=1&ob=video-mustangbase
    edited December 2011
    But n0b0dy can deny Seeker vs Nearly any class is generally 0ne sided >->, and I def d0n't mean in fav0ur 0f the seeker.
  • Nniotora - Lost City
    Nniotora - Lost City Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    lc only has 4-5 seekers that pvp (all r9) oo I've also never even turned protections off =]

i am sad now cuz i actually ahve to agree with HTT b:cry to few seekers out here
    100% F2P legit 105 since starting this game. Full rank9 jaded +12 seeker. .tinyurl.com/nocashshopHaters gona hate cuz they cant play a game
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Or a none cancel castable BM these days-

I'm not arguing DD power of BMs, because it's pretty common knowledge aren't a DD class. That's not what makes a BM useful in group PvP or TW. BMs are arguably the most useful support class due to having overall good survivability with marrows, great control skills and debuffs, which gives them a higher potential to be a threat when assisting others in group PvP (assuming same gear).

I'm just speaking on behalf of the seeker's usefulness in group PvP/TW, they just don't seem to be a heavy hitting DPH class, nor have great control skills, they have a melee good zhen which seems useful in PvE, and way out of range of being able to reach casters in TW. They just don't seem as useful in terms of being a support/DD class, in my honest opinion I see them more as a tank class more than anything, which is useful if they are pulling a cat or something.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
    edited December 2011
    Before I start, let it be known I've played a barb, a psychic, and a venomancer before I started my Seeker.

Seekers are a powerfully diverse class, with great amounts of physical and metal damage, and a variety of powerful status effects that can be nasty. This is great in both PvP and PvE. I particularly love having Seekers in BH and FC squads because of their various elemental debuffs which make the party overall do more damage--they're really a very useful class when you really think about it; extremely versatile and capable of taking quite a bit of damage.

Do they twitch things to death like Assassins, or BM's, or Archers? No. But that's what makes them, in my opinion, better. They actually have to THINK about what they do while they're attacking; switching into various sword forms in order to cripple their enemies more efficiently, and honestly looking less ridiculous than someone having a seizure. You have to admire something like that, especially in times like these where almost nobody does things "the hard way."

As a close-enough-to-endgame-to-understand-things Psychic, I find Seekers can be challenging when they're played by someone with an IQ greater than 4.

Anti_Matter (actual character) is a well known Assassin on Harshlands who has a track record of being very nasty to fight against in PvP.
    I watched a Seeker whom I'd never seen before in my life, blood red, in some random faction I'd never heard before, tank this assassin like it wasn't even an issue. Anti_Matter went on to say that he'd killed Barbs in better gear with more ease than he had fought this Seeker.

You've got to give props to people who play classes who actually know what they're doing.

Each class has their own disadvantages. I can say playing through this class on my own out of curiosity, that Seekers have horrible MagDef, and if you don't stick enough DEX, you'll find your attacks missing from time to time. Other than that, I have no complaints.
    All I know is, when those new skills come out, I definitely want to be able to see those sins before they see me. And with skills like Heartseeker and Gemini Slash, the sin won't be having much fun.

I can tell you right now many people will be bailing on their sins for PvP and going to EG's before it's over with.

This makes n0 sense.....
  • TolanSky - Heavens Tear
    TolanSky - Heavens Tear Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I'm just speaking on behalf of the seeker's usefulness in group PvP/TW, they just don't seem to be a heavy hitting DPH class, nor have great control skills, they have a melee good zhen which seems useful in PvE, and way out of range of being able to reach casters in TW. They just don't seem as useful in terms of being a support/DD class, in my honest opinion I see them more as a tank class more than anything, which is useful if they are pulling a cat or something.

Seeker is absolutely a tank class.

That said, Seeker is capable of some staggering damage per hit via Ehdged Blur when combined with other attacks, as well as just by using Gemini Slash all by itself. My own Vortex while not a good skill for PvP has had its damage out put per hit compared to the damage out put of individual attack skills from a Psychic that is 10 levels higher than myself.

I will say that Seeker is not really a support class in PvP, it's primary role is actually in directly killing things or players, or in solo tanking things that could not easily be solo tanked by other classes.

Seeker has one of the highest Survivability rates in the game. Additionally it has some of the best debuffs in the game in PvE in the form of the Shatter line of debuffs as well as the Stances. Half of those however cannot be used in PvP though so that kind of hinders the support nature of the Seeker, but at the same time the diversity of the Stances helps the Seeker to a significant degree.

So I fail to see how anyone can claim that a Seeker is not useful in either PvP or PvE when it is such a diverse and hard hitting class.
    Acc 1: TolanSky ~ ● Seeker / Daearena ~ Mystic / ThornLily ~ Veno
    Acc 2: Veilana ~ Sin / QueenBlubrry ~ Cleric / Lemondrop ~ Psychic
  • Catanna - Dreamweaver
    Catanna - Dreamweaver Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited December 2011

LOL Tyra b:heartb:heartb:heart LOVE THIS post...cause it's so true....b:surrender
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    edited December 2011
    I'm not arguing DD power of BMs, because it's pretty common knowledge aren't a DD class. That's not what makes a BM useful in group PvP or TW. BMs are arguably the most useful support class due to having overall good survivability with marrows, great control skills and debuffs, which gives them a higher potential to be a threat when assisting others in group PvP (assuming same gear).

I never would argue that BMs are not a better support class. I retired mine after playing one for prob close to 2 or better years-

Seekers are simply a heavy armored DD- I am full r9 and am quite pleased with the damage I can do at even only +10... and I don't even mean the zerk crits etc etc--- I was happy at what the seeker could do with r8 against other r8s- It all lays in the hand of how you play a seeker- if you run around just trying to gemeni everything hopeing to one shot... or trying to vortex everytime, then yea the seeker may not seem to contribute so well- Its a matter how people play them, and plan out the skilled used according to the target- They are not exactly a push 2-3 button class to reach their fullest potential like some classes-
    re
  • Arthios - Raging Tide
    Arthios - Raging Tide Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    i guess ur new and its ok every once in a blue moon PW gets a real newbie to join lol...what people mean is a Seeker cant complete endgame against a BM or Sin with 5.0 atk speed =/ not many can its pretty game breaking but whatcha gonna do ._.
  • Divine_Death - Harshlands
    Divine_Death - Harshlands Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Let's be honest, i've seen seekers with 100+ att lvls and 100+ def lvls with 20k+ hp. Gemini Slash is one of the highest DPH skills in the game. Add that to a crit, or even a lucky crit + GoF and you're r8/hh99 wizzy will take enough dmg to die 4x over. I wonder sometimes if people in this forum actually the play the game or spend more time posting in forums.

Not even close. Before you point me to the damage ranking, the Seekers that are on there only are there because they are transferring HF, which means their raw damage output is half of whats showing on the ranking, now compare that to a Barb or Wiz who didn't use HF.
  • XXZeonXx - Harshlands
    XXZeonXx - Harshlands Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    It all lays in the hand of how you play a seeker- if you run around just trying to gemeni everything hopeing to one shot... or trying to vortex everytime, then yea the seeker may not seem to contribute so well- Its a matter how people play them, and plan out the skilled used according to the target- They are not exactly a push 2-3 button class to reach their fullest potential like some classes-

This, this, and this again. The reason why people think Seekers are so bad in PvP is because 95% (rough, but probably accurate, estimate) of them have close to NO IDEA how to play the class.

Seeker isn't just some class that you can pick up and do well with without knowing what half your skills do or what they're good for. Being able to use a Seeker and be good at anything PvP-wise requires a lot of thought; more than any other class, in my opinion. When you actually fight a Seeker who knows what he or she is doing, then you'll be able to tell the difference. But with the number of people who actually take the time to make a Seeker, and the number of complete idiots there are that PvP, the chance of that happening is VERY low.

I have a feeling that Seeker will be an underestimated class for as long as a majority of the community fails to play them properly. But those ones who do actually know how to play the class are usually the ones who kill people with much better gear than them, and are viewed, by the PvP community on the server IF they PvP often, as pro.

And tbh, I have no idea what's up with R9 Seeker damage. I've seen some R9 Seekers hit me for 1.5k with gemini non-zerk or crit, and others hit me for 1.5k with auto-attacking non-zerk or crit. Must be vit builds/sage mastery differences.

Edit: And for any of you who agree with the general consensus on Seekers and them having their sub-par PvP abilities, if you're on Harshlands, I'd be more than happy to change your mind.
    Donate towards my endgame build, please. <3
    pwcalc.com/400d2e22e4b852e2