tw map reset

124»

Comments

• SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    mogwai wrote: »
    new players in a rough TW can spend 1/2 a week preparing for it, & once in, spend even more.

there are many factions that are not paying now cause the "profits" are going to guild base leveling.

in a 3 year old game, new players are never going to be able to compete in endgame pvp. in order to get a lot of tw pay, a faction has to hold a lot of land. 5 M from holding 1 land is not going to cover the costs of 1 squad let alone one faction, 5m a week is not going to do anything for building a faction base, i dont even know how faction bases come into the equation, but whatever.

spending 1/2 a week preparing for tw? and 5m will fix that? faction members wont even break even untill they own 15 or so lands, thats not even remotely possible for these new people you are referring to for whom tw pay is important.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Guilds are better off merching the TW money to do actual upgrades on people's gear than paying out a piddly 1mil or so per person every week. ijs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Asgardeus - Sanctuary
    Asgardeus - Sanctuary Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Resetting the map is like a new pvp server. People will constantly QQ for it but you could do it every day and they still wouldn't be happy.

Work and gear up, that's more likely to fix your issues.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    TW pay is very important to newer players, more factions need to do it.

~my .02

Yea... 1.2 million return on a 5 million investment is smart. Guess I should probably also mention that during my guild's infancy stage... I am pretty sure one of my pay checks was for 100k... that doesn't even cover the freaking repair cost.
    So you agree there is no necessity to hold the entire map then. The coin isn't enough of an incentive for sure. Therefore the reason guilds would want the entire map is for prestige I assume. If it was more difficult to hold territories, it's also more prestigious to hold them, meaning an adequate system for TW,where more people would get to have fun. That's why I propose removal of the 3 max simultaneous attacks.

I couldn't care less about prestige. Personally I have left guilds many times when they are at their prime and owns the majority of land. I hope my own name stands on its own without any weird symbols above my head.

There are guild out there that I could solo in a TW. So according to you... it'll be "fun" for those guilds to get soloed by a single person. Take a look at HT before you talk... where a single veno (whom I can probably easily one shot :P) soloed an entire guild in TW and won.
    new players in a rough TW can spend 1/2 a week preparing for it, & once in, spend even more.

there are many factions that are not paying now cause the "profits" are going to guild base leveling.

I already said my DD expenditures are in the ball park of 5 millions (if I remember all costs). A Cata puller cost could be in the 10+ million area. In any given TW... there could be about 4 primary pullers and 2 secondary pullers... so that's already 60 million in cost. The remaining 74 spots would be filled with DDs and various supports. Assuming that each of the 74 spots has my type of expenditures... that's 370 million. So a total of 430 million coins for the TW in question in terms of personal expenditures.... I am not even going to count tower/scroll cost.

There is not many guilds out there that can absorb 430 million coin sink every TW. If you want to argue otherwise. Come to HT... I am pretty sure my guild would gladly sell you a land for 430 million.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • OObircheyOo - Lost City
    OObircheyOo - Lost City Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I hope my own name stands on its own without any weird symbols above my head.

And you are? b:laughb:laughb:laughb:chuckleb:pleased
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Guilds are better off merching the TW money to do actual upgrades on people's gear than paying out a piddly 1mil or so per person every week. ijs.

Well idk how it works in your faction but this is how it works in my faction.
    Leader sends tw pay out to everyone who attended tw of the previous weekend to pay for charm costs apoth etc.
    During the week we dont just sit back and do nothing. We go out and farm for one another and help one another gear up, and by that i don't mean we charge this person this much coin for this mat, i mean we give the mat for free. We work as a community which is what i think most factions lack. Because of the 5aps craze people only want bm's and sins etc. But in my faction we dont bias, we take casters on nirvy's and tt's. Don't get me wrong very few people do sometimes only get 5aps classes. We look after our members after each other.

My old faction it was always 5aps 5aps. If i tried saying may i come they were like gtfo caster noob. I refused to tw for that faction because they didn't want to help me so why should i help them. I went metal mage in tw just to make them mad :P

I just think if you establish a community and look after your faction mates you will in no time get stronger together. This is how my faction does it and it has worked for (x) years? As proof that community works, i use to have 4k hp now i have 5piece nirvy (would be 6piece but got cloudcharger) i think 3/5 is +10 so sitting at 8.9k hp :) im pure build too so xD and i didn't spend a cent on the game but its because my faction helped me farm and i help my faction back in return.
  • dfdfdfdfdfds
    dfdfdfdfdfds Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Hi Azzazin you really need a life bro :)
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    If you wanna be done with OP factions allow real ganks, all factions attacking that faction at the same time, same land. NO 1v1 bs with 3 minute intervals and a max of 3 ganks. This is a pretty puzzy game when it comes to mmo's tbh, all r9's join 1 faction and the system gives them 3 v1's? Up the anti a bit and give the OP factions a real reason to boast if they can handle a real gank, otherwise winning tw in an OP faction is boring and nothing to talk about. I'd like a challenge and im sure other's who don't just play this game for the social/dating (lolz but true) factor would as well.

And give the crystal a bit more hp, re-amp the tw map, let's have some fun in tw again!

factions only hold 200 people
    fixed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dfdfdfdfdfds
    dfdfdfdfdfds Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    factions only hold 200 people
    fixed

I don't see the fix, by "all the r9's" i don't literally mean every single one, but the majority. And unless i'm really out of the loop the tw's are always 1v1, one faction vs another faction on one land. But seeing as you have 2000+ posts guess you're really good at fixing posts.
  • ItsAWolf - Archosaur
    ItsAWolf - Archosaur Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited December 2011

I couldn't care less about prestige. Personally I have left guilds many times when they are at their prime and owns the majority of land. I hope my own name stands on its own without any weird symbols above my head.

There are guild out there that I could solo in a TW. So according to you... it'll be "fun" for those guilds to get soloed by a single person. Take a look at HT before you talk... where a single veno (whom I can probably easily one shot :P) soloed an entire guild in TW and won.

No, it will be fun when more guilds get to fight other guilds of equal strength, because they are not forced to fight the 1-4 best guilds in the server. The top guilds have a harder time holding on to all their territories if more than 3 can be attacked simultaneously, allowing more different guilds on the map. Those extra guilds will be the next strongest, and will be attacked by the somewhat weaker guilds, which will stand more of a chance against those.

I don't see what guilds that can be soloed have anything to do with this. They'll still be too weak to win against the top 10 guilds in the server, so even with more guilds on map they'll be meaningless in the grand scheme of things. I'm not saying everybody should have a territory, just that more guilds should, as this would automatically result in more real (i.e. not fake/hopeless ones) wars per week.
  • Lupko - Heavens Tear
    Lupko - Heavens Tear Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I would say TW map reset every 12 months could bring fun again. It will create new factions and spread power of one-two dominant factions for some time.

Players usually choose easiest way to get money and some fame/inner feeling of power. After some time they tend to join 1st/2nd best TW faction...after some time TWs are about 10-20 mins to faceroll any faction by 1st dominant faction.

TWs sometimes look like tab+hit mass killing spree...PWI got unballanced with "pay to win" and "farm to death" concept... funny to see 46k hp R9 barbs, 18k hp clerics, 28k hp bms, 20k hp archers rolling down the TW map laughing at resistance they have...

Maybe TW reset will help to form new factions with possibly better spread of those OP plrs.

Every faction got such a plrs, but when concentration is too high, fun is fading away...on both sides...

Is it fun to kill deer with rocket launcher inc. laser aiming? any hunting skills to improve?

2c
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

lil archer of Radiance with big heart and maybe hint of humor...
  • Retsuko - Heavens Tear
    Retsuko - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,016 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Don't think a reset solves anything.

Stronger factions stay strong, weaker factions stay weak. New factions need a lot of time to be build, and nowadays they mostly just fail anyway. A reset will give some fun for people who usually don't TW with their guild, and some of the weaker TW factions can attack other weaker guilds. But that's also the problem, they keep avoiding the better guild. So all in all, nothing changes after a reset except some people get to have a little bit of fun for a couple weeks.

If you want to make competition more instering, then the whole concept around TW has to be changed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

playing Faction Wars Again.
  • RunningTiger - Dreamweaver
    RunningTiger - Dreamweaver Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Hmm one idea that really stood out as a good one to me is to raise the health of crystals. With a group of catas on them they don't very long at all. With a 50k r9 barb and a r9 cleric that was a couple protectors, it is very hard for any combination of squads to kill such a thing in time.
    Another thing is to increase the power of the towers . On our server the op team of barbs,clerics pretty much races staight to the crystal ignoring the towers (and the oposing force too). Towers should not be avoidable an definitely not ignorable.

Maybe this would eliminate the ability of a faction to steamroll the three attackers, thereby not needing to split thier forces much if any.At anyrate it might end 3-5 min tws. who wants to wait and prepare all week for a 5 min tw.
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Last year this game was having a serious issue with factions dominating the maps.

Now, not so much. With the progress of rank gear, nirvana, packs, hypers, fc, ect.....its become a private server whose territories are constantly shifting hands among the factions who have no lives/has the most cash.

No, I am not lolumad. Just stating the truth. At least PWI successfully balanced the Territory Wars. Let's just ignore the fact they threw the rest of the game balance into chaos.

Eventually, when everyone catches up (this time next year), we will run into TW domination issues again.

Take a look at the Harshlands map, then try honestly thinking this again
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Take a look at the Harshlands map, then try honestly thinking this again

HL's map is amazing. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • J_Voorhees - Heavens Tear
    J_Voorhees - Heavens Tear Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Bah, TW map reset would be a win -win Situations for both, players and company.

It will cause, many ppl bid on lands -> at least some coin sink ingame -> win for players.

Ppl will spend more gold on this game in order to gear themself up -> win for company.

i guess you have to talk about $ to make gms listen to you lmao.

What so ever i still suggest a revamp of TW system.
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2011
    Bah, TW map reset would be a win -win Situations for both, players and company.

It will cause, many ppl bid on lands -> at least some coin sink ingame -> win for players.

Ppl will spend more gold on this game in order to gear themself up -> win for company.

i guess you have to talk about $ to make gms listen to you lmao.

What so ever i still suggest a revamp of TW system.

And all the weaker factions will get to get free land for a few weeks then QQ 6months later on how they thought no one would ever dare to attack them. Yeah...
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2011
    A reset will give some fun for people who usually don't TW with their guild, and some of the weaker TW factions can attack other weaker guilds. But that's also the problem, they keep avoiding the better guild. So all in all, nothing changes after a reset except some people get to have a little bit of fun for a couple weeks.

By fun if you mean one of Enrage's alt guild holding ~10 land... while another got almost 5. And Rad's alt guild also getting close to 5 land. That's already ~15 land between the alts... all the time while the main guild continue to gobble up land in the opposite direction. All the while some guild is getting soloed by one person... and guild with 2 members easily soloed a pve TW. More like a reset is going to be a chance for people like me who wants to pad their stats.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

• Elemental_w - Heavens Tear
    Elemental_w - Heavens Tear Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited December 2011

Heavens Tear is NOT going to be saved. This is bullcrap, its obviously Enrage is just waiting to kill off GD before attacking radiance.

Lookie here.

HT 9-25-2010

↑Enrage first domination.

Current map

HT 12-19-2011

Take note, Radiances Territory at the top was first occupied by Enrages alt faction, EvilTree. Then taken over willingly by Drakon, Then Radiance. Enrage just set up the map.

Heavens Tear's TW is a load of bullcrap, and we are certainly dominated by ONE faction. Radiance doesnt even COUNTb:angry
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2011
    Heavens Tear's TW is a load of bullcrap, and we are certainly dominated by ONE faction. Radiance doesnt even COUNTb:angry

And just whose fault is that...

edited December 2011
    Obviously a bunch of idiots who ruin Heavens Tear?
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2011
    And just whose fault is that...

+1 lol

Nope its your fault! You failed to defeat the faction before they got to strong.
    edited December 2011
    +1 lol

Nope its your fault! You failed to defeat the faction before they got to strong.

A faction that kills their own alt facs for territory and such can't be beaten. If you were on my server, you'd understand.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2011
    A faction that kills their own alt facs for territory and such can't be beaten. If you were on my server, you'd understand.

And just whats wrong with taking stuff from alts to feed the main? Isn't that the whole point of an alt... it gets less resources then the main. And in time of need (or just for **** and giggles) it is there to sacrifice for the advancement of the main.

Maybe the whole reason enrage is owning is that they focus most of their attention on one character and actually excel at it. Instead of having a **** load of useless, pointless, and skill-less garbage.