Best class for Tw and PvE?

CarefulIBite - Raging Tide
CarefulIBite - Raging Tide Posts: 45 Arc User
edited December 2011 in General Discussion
Hello I would like to know what the best class in your opinion for TW and PvE is. I care nothing for PvP out side of TW. What build that class would use would be helpful to know also.
Post edited by CarefulIBite - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    TW - Psy/Wiz.

PvE - Sin.

Note: sin is as usefull in TW as wiz/psy are useful in PvE

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CarefulIBite - Raging Tide
    edited December 2011
    TW - Psy/Wiz.

PvE - Sin.

Note: sin is as usefull in TW as wiz/psy are useful in PvE

So which class would be better for both, not just one.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Why worry about these kinds of things?

The best class is the one you enjoy playing. Play it slow, don't powerlevel, and don't worry what anyone else tells you to be. Just find your favorite class, take a few pointers from what others do with that class, and carve out a playstyle you can have fun with.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    So which class would be better for both, not just one.

you mean the best compromise? BM. Has good use in both TW and PvE

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Why worry about these kinds of things?

The best class is the one you enjoy playing. Play it slow, don't powerlevel, and don't worry what anyone else tells you to be. Just find your favorite class, take a few pointers from what others do with that class, and carve out a playstyle you can have fun with.

This.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Demaulicus - Heavens Tear
    Demaulicus - Heavens Tear Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I say both barbarian and blademaster for both TW/PvE. If built right a barbarian is useful in both aspects. Then again any class (except assassin cause they aren't to good in TW overall) can be useful in TW and PvE if you know what you're doing regarding both.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LadySam - Raging Tide
    LadySam - Raging Tide Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Cleric
  • Icehart - Lost City
    Icehart - Lost City Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Seekers for PvE imo
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Hello I would like to know what the best class in your opinion for TW and PvE is. I care nothing for PvP out side of TW. What build that class would use would be helpful to know also.

Before I can answer you, you've got to be more specific as far as your playstyle and what you hope to accomplish. Also, do you prefer solo playstyle or squad/faction based? Do you like tanking, DD'ing, healing, or a combination? Do you like to attack from range, attack with magic, or attack with melee? I'm asking because what works for me may not work for you, so please give more detail so that I might better answer your question.

I'll say this much...

PVE wise: It depends on what your goals are, and your playstyle.

Tw: Clerics, and barbs in particular are very well liked in TW, and are very important members of it.

Sins, Wizards, Psys, Archers tend to be the main damage dealers there due to their insanely high crit rate, or their insanely high Dph.

Excuse my ignorance for the other classes and their functions in TW. I've never been in TW, let alone a faction myself.

Also, all classes can be used in pve, so again...that depends on your playstyle, and that's why you're getting mixed answers. I love my cleric for its healing, buffs, purify, and decent attack power. Others may love sins for their high attack power, bp, and speed. Others may love barbs for their high defense, high hp, and speed. The list goes on, and each class has a reason to like them for pve and tw alike.

I'll answer you again once you give more info...however I'd say regardless, pick something that you like. You'll play it better, and have more fun with it. That's what matters.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • _Belgarion_ - Dreamweaver
    _Belgarion_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Cleric will be wanted for both pve and TW. Seekers also look good for TW (haven't tried it yet) and are great for large portions of pve. Barbs too, BMs to a lesser extent in TW but more in pve. But play whatever class you enjoy most and **** the rest who say otherwise.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Gonna put a shout out there for archers:

-One of the main killers in TW along with wiz and psy
    -Continuous zhen aoe skill for RB and other instances along with wiz and seeker
    -5.0 aps with similar damage to BM and Barb (but no HF or BP)
    -Has 4-5 metal attacks for caster nirv or other phys immune / resistant targets

Archer has high gear requirements to be good in those fields though, higher than other classes. The lack of good self buffs is somewhat mitigated these days by the ready supply of event pills and base buffs. With the right gear though there is almost nothing an archer can't do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    l0l at seekers for PvE c0mmentb:chuckle.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
  • Bale - Heavens Tear
    Bale - Heavens Tear Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    1 cleric to pull cata in TW
    1 wiz to heal said cleric in TW

everything else pve wise use Amex b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "From time to time, the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." ~ Thomas Jefferson
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    BMs, Clerics, Barbs (*note* not best in PVE at high levels), or Archers.

BMs - You're the bread and butter of a Farming Squad, and very useful in TW even if you may not kill a lot and be killed often.

Cleric - You will basically never be denied a squad as a cleric, people always need healers and the more the merrier. TW is similar people need 1 cleric per every squad so they keep their TW factions stacked. Sins will spam target you as well as archers so learning how to survive is essential.

Barbs - Every squad wants a barb, even if they don't need it. HP buff, Devour, and Phys Damage buff are useful. Barbs also can "save the day" by out tanking a boss if squad wipes and are nice for pulling mobs. In TW Barbs give HP buff and then go prey on squishies with Arma etc, most factions are short on barbs.

Archers - It's hard to find an FCC squad on Archers, but most other squads will take you. They might insist you be APS build. It's fairly easy to get into a TW faction on one as they are great ranged DDs BUT the faction might have too many of them to put you in a TW often. Archer is the new black.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2011
    BMs, Clerics, Barbs (*note* not best in PVE at high levels), or Archers.

BMs - You're the bread and butter of a Farming Squad, and very useful in TW even if you may not kill a lot and be killed often.

Cleric - You will basically never be denied a squad as a cleric, people always need healers and the more the merrier. TW is similar people need 1 cleric per every squad so they keep their TW factions stacked. Sins will spam target you as well as archers so learning how to survive is essential.

Barbs - Every squad wants a barb, even if they don't need it. HP buff, Devour, and Phys Damage buff are useful. Barbs also can "save the day" by out tanking a boss if squad wipes and are nice for pulling mobs. In TW Barbs give HP buff and then go prey on squishies with Arma etc, most factions are short on barbs.

Archers - It's hard to find an FCC squad on Archers, but most other squads will take you. They might insist you be APS build. It's fairly easy to get into a TW faction on one as they are great ranged DDs BUT the faction might have too many of them to put you in a TW often. Archer is the new black.

0rlly? What d0 u meanb:scorn?
  • Mesro - Heavens Tear
    Mesro - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited December 2011

Well, I have a Psy, and, while at earlier levels dies easily if your not careful, they are very good for beating opponents in any situation, if built right. The higher your level, the more damage you are able to do, and also, the easier it is to survive against lower/equal level mobs/players. They are also capable of tanking some instances, if you do the right build.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited December 2011

I have to admit that I'm curious as to why you don't feel that they are good for PvE. I've seen several seekers that are marvelous at PvE. Heck, when I was still doing quests for XP, me and a real good seeker friend of mines would squad up, and complete our quests. I'm kind of curious as to why you don't think that they are PvE capable. Care to elaborate some?
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
    edited December 2011
    Well I've picked seeker because he is the new AoE king. Now if i just knew what AoE skills looked the coolest b:victory
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Well I've picked seeker because he is the new AoE king. Now if i just knew what AoE skills looked the coolest b:victory

Except... Seeker doesn't get an AOE stun...

Crown denied.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Rajevon - Harshlands
    Rajevon - Harshlands Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    well here is all abt all classes

Cleric - Impotent roll in TW / PVE but for nirvana and some TTs no one take clerics due to BM/Sin can solo it with BP. so its hard to make fast coins with cleric i mean hard for good pve thing.

Archer - The Best fire dmg dealer in TW, fun class, as well as PVE with archer is hard, archers cant take BP and cant deal good dmg with claw/fist with aps so hard to get nirvana / TT sqad. good for AoE things like GV/FC

Brab - Most Impotent class for TW as Cata Puller, bt hard to PVE , bt if u have 11 buffs / skills u can find nirvana sqad easy.

Veno - usefull in TW, same as barb if u have 11 AMP ,debuff skills its easy to find nirvana sqad for farm

Sin - well really not good fun for TW, but for farm this is the best class

Psy - Good for TW, good dmg dealer but not good for PVE

Mystic - i dnt think this class is not impotent for TW or PVE

Seeker - Good for AOE things, bt not good enough for TW, PVE

Wiz - the most fun class in TW, its awsome dmg dealer, but hard to farm with it

BM- The Most fun class i ever played, this class is good for TW and every PVE instance need BM, BM can do any thing in this game, nice dmg dealer , nice defense, nice AoE skills, nice stun skills, and with BP BM can solo any thing. b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tidestrike - Lost City
    Tidestrike - Lost City Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited December 2011

>for
    If you're going to insist on doing that stupid '0' thing in every post, at least do it right. b:sweat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Atlantasia - Sanctuary
    Atlantasia - Sanctuary Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I don't play a BM really, but for PvE and TW I think they're probably one of the better classes. You can go APS for farming high level instances and axes for TW.

Another less stated class is venos, they're very needed in TW for their debuffs and purge as well as in PvE, not only can you solo most stuff low level with pets, but you're wanted in Nirvana for purge/amp as well as in TTs, especially with sage soul degen and amp to make the bosses die quicker. (Not so easy to get into RB squads though)
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    >for
    If you're going to insist on doing that stupid '0' thing in every post, at least do it right. b:sweat

Good catch b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    i usually ask this of most pple with these kinda posts.

"Whats your budget?"

depending on the amount you can accumulate, some of the answers/slass on this post is obsolete and outrageous for you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
    edited December 2011
    Except... Seeker doesn't get an AOE stun...

Crown denied.

Who needs a crappy AoE stun when you have an AoE instant kill?
    i usually ask this of most pple with these kinda posts.

"Whats your budget?"

depending on the amount you can accumulate, some of the answers/slass on this post is obsolete and outrageous for you.

Well I'm not spending any real money on this game. As for ingame money just concider me poor got 2m at the most. Don't mind the money though I don't mind, I decided to go Fox HA/AA veno even though I knew it was super expencive. (Think its the most expencive class to build in the game.) I dont mind pricey builds but don't expect them to be done right away.
  • Zarni - Dreamweaver
    Zarni - Dreamweaver Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    The most expensive class in the game is full rank 9 +12 JoSD anything, and also the most wanted for TW....... It's great in PvE too, but hey, who needs PvE when you already beat the game?.......

lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Well I'm not spending any real money on this game. As for ingame money just concider me poor got 2m at the most. Don't mind the money though I don't mind, I decided to go Fox HA/AA veno even though I knew it was super expencive. (Think its the most expencive class to build in the game.) I dont mind pricey builds but don't expect them to be done right away.
    mm... then 5.0 is also kinda pricey too :o (bm/sin/archer)

if i had to generalize id pick BM or cleric as 'best' just cause these classes are like in the median. They of course can excel alot if u spend money, but they also are wanted alot in tw or pve on average. jus my perspective.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • X_Rays - Sanctuary
    X_Rays - Sanctuary Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Aside from BM and Cleric, Mystic can be another option especially since its new skills are very support oriented.
  • dfdfdfdfdfds
    dfdfdfdfdfds Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Hi Azzazin \o
    edited December 2011
    I have to admit that I'm curious as to why you don't feel that they are good for PvE. I've seen several seekers that are marvelous at PvE. Heck, when I was still doing quests for XP, me and a real good seeker friend of mines would squad up, and complete our quests. I'm kind of curious as to why you don't think that they are PvE capable. Care to elaborate some?

The 0nly thing seekers are g00d f0r is spinning their **** sw0rd ar0und in RB and FF.

PvE Sin>Every 0ther class.

btw is saying **** a bannable 0ffense?