Christmas event 2011

SkogDyr - Lost City
SkogDyr - Lost City Posts: 561 Arc User
edited December 2011 in General Discussion
Okies, my spies have said that the Christmas event this year is going to be
sort of a mix between the public quests and tiger event.

I won't spill the beans... I will let the GM make their announcement.

What I do have a problem with is,

With snowmen, you could stay in SZ and not worry about getting PKed while doing the Christmas event.
With this new event, you are forcing everyone on a PVP server to become targets to participate for the good stuff (and I use that term very loosely, you will find out why shortly).

So we will have three time slots per day to do this? hmmm

Not going to let the cat out of the bag but I do smell some upset when it is announced.

Santa gives this Christmas event two antlers down, ATM.

PS. I do hope that China fixes the NPCs that aren't going to work for this event before they roll out a half finished Christmas event to a crowd that is already unhappy with losing the snowmen.

Nevermind... those NPCs delt with the killer snowmen. The snowmen went crazy so China decided to just delete that quest chain.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by SkogDyr - Lost City on

Comments

• Kristina_t - Heavens Tear
    Kristina_t - Heavens Tear Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Okies, my spies have said that the Christmas event this year is going to be
    sort of a mix between the public quests and tiger event.

I won't spill the beans... I will let the GM make their announcement.

What I do have a problem with is,

With snowmen, you could stay in SZ and not worry about getting PKed while doing the Christmas event.
    With this new event, you are forcing everyone on a PVP server to become targets to participate for the good stuff (and I use that term very loosely, you will find out why shortly).

So we will have three time slots per day to do this? hmmm

Not going to let the cat out of the bag but I do smell some upset when it is announced.

Santa gives this Christmas event two antlers down, ATM.

PS. I do hope that China fixes the NPCs that aren't going to work for this event before they roll out a half finished Christmas event to a crowd that is already unhappy with losing the snowmen.

Nevermind... those NPCs delt with the killer snowmen. The snowmen went crazy so China decided to just delete that quest chain.

If this is correct it will be like most events where the lower level players get run over by the mass horde of 100+.
  • Viriilink - Lost City
    Viriilink - Lost City Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Xarfox in a santa clause costume going around PWI, handing out gifts to those who charge zen in the month of December before the 25th.
  • SkogDyr - Lost City
    edited December 2011
    Nope, but you never know when Santa will (or will not) show up.

I think we need to buy Santa a GPS this Christmas.

BTW, as it stands now... The event that shall not be named, ho ho ho, will be for lvl 50+.

Of course, things have been known to change with a blink of an eye... but....

it has happened, is happening, and will happen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    Frijolero - Sanctuary Posts: 820 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    And I thought this xmas event was 'cashshop or GTFO'

The event sounds interesting. Too bad if is gonna be PvP, cause that means only OP ppl will be able to get the rewards, if they dont kill each other first b:chuckle
    Sliding we go, only fear on our side. To the edge of the wire and we rush with the tide.
    Although I'm still alive, pray to God I survive
    How long on this longest day, 'til we finally make it through.
    - June 6, 1944. The day earth stood still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SkogDyr - Lost City
    edited December 2011
    I want to make it clear... this is NOT a PVP event. If your server is PVE and you don't have PVP enabled... you are good to go.

If, however, you are on a PVP server or PVE server with PVP enabled (white, pink, purple, red named)... you are out of safezone for some of this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lenestro - Sanctuary
    Lenestro - Sanctuary Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    With this new event, you are forcing everyone on a PVP server to become targets to participate for the good stuff

which begs the question.... why the **** are you in a PvP sever in the first place??
  • Saphirs - Sanctuary
    Saphirs - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    let me see if I get this....

u joined a PvP server....and now ur QQing about not bein safe outside of safezone? b:laugh cool
  • Shadowphreak - Lost City
    Shadowphreak - Lost City Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    woo.. sounds like a fun blood bath is in order!

CAn't wait to hear all they whiners, "why'd you kill me?" , "im going to report you!!1111", "please don't....".

DIE DIE DIE. Blood will flow. Rivers will be red. b:laugh
    Evolution: Dungeon Master > Bards Tale > Ultima > Archlord > Perfect World

Leader of faction: REJECTED | Recruiting FUBAR players since 2010 |FREE BEER

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xinaeco - Harshlands
    Xinaeco - Harshlands Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited December 2011

u joined a PvP server....and now ur QQing about not bein safe outside of safezone? b:laugh cool

There's nothing wrong with some nice PvP once in awhile, but the constant ganks during events so no one that isn't r9+12 can participate is NOT cool.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    NiightmareXz; lv 92 demon archer (retired)
    xinaeco; lv 9x sage veno (retired currently)
    lil nab secret cleric (main)
  • Shadowphreak - Lost City
    Shadowphreak - Lost City Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    There's nothing wrong with some nice PvP once in awhile, but the constant ganks during events so no one that isn't r9+12 can participate is NOT cool.

Yay! I'm only R8 +8, so its fine. ;) b:thanks
    Evolution: Dungeon Master > Bards Tale > Ultima > Archlord > Perfect World

Leader of faction: REJECTED | Recruiting FUBAR players since 2010 |FREE BEER

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SkogDyr - Lost City
    edited December 2011

ummmmm..... no.

I love some good PVP just like a lot of people.

What I don't like is rude stabby fishies, who think it's fun to stealth spark and kill others during a fun event. and...
    a group of basement dwellers who get together and decide to gank anyone that doesn't bow down to their 5aps. and...
    gooned stabby fishies who thinks that the size of their epeen is somehow connected to the amount of toons (at least 30-40 lvls lower) they pk.

I'm all for PVP... what I'm not all for is making those lvl 50's-100's go out and spend coins on dolls just to try and get something.
    Open world PVP is great. When you have an event, it makes everyone gather into a small area. A bit of difference.

Any Christmas event should be enjoyed by all...

With that said... digging **** in SZ ( like the tiger event) won't get anyone up in contribution to where they get good stuff.

If you doubt how a good holiday event can turn into a clusterfk, I have two words...

Valentine Jewelscalen

'nuff said.

With that... Merry Christmas all!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]