bug list of 14-12-2011 update

Options

Comments

• _Ultima_ - Lothranis
    _Ultima_ - Lothranis Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    btw it is a pre-patch matter imho cause yesterday night we had MAJOR TELEPORT TIMES like 1-2mins to tele from one hall into nirvy to the next one....

TT is glitched too, tob too

maybe fixing goon's exp did all this mess :s
  • BlubZ - Heavens Tear
    BlubZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    since this is beta version for p2p version so u cant except much b:cute
  • _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver
    _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 753 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    poukypouic wrote: »
    Great update, with plenty of novelty b:shocked

There comes the list of weirdies currently found, feel free to add your own experiences :>
    Before troll accusations starts to spawn, I'm just saying that it's what is currently happening on lothranis.

- Teleport stones have a weird cooldown now, which is not visible on item icon. (due to time limit quest issues)

- OhT maps somehow bugged. Can't access to some, can't teleport back for some others. Example you can stay infinite time in unicorn forest, and prevent moonshade desert timer from starting.

- FC door opening broken. Might be same for TT ?Make sure ure in a squad, and that noone in squad has a full questlog

- Guild bases broken, stuck at hallI never had this problem :S

- cube of fate broken, can't exit main room.verify ure pwi files, havent had this problem, and I done CoF everyday for 3 years

- some skills doesn't trigger (random ?)this migh happen if you jump alot then try to cast a skill (ex), I think this is due to overloading the servers with sent packages

- facebook connect is now on a deadloop(this has allways been and allways will be a problem from time to time)

- negative timers on auctionsI never had this issue, but I think it mighr have something to do with ppl bidding on an item, therefor the timer increases

- wedding times totally messed up(you rly expect pwi to fix this?)

everything seems to be related to an extreme lag when it comes to opening / time limit quests Never had this issue

but we have snow \o/

And thanks to chaoticshelly for the merge :>

And to all the ppl complaing about lagg due to snow, get more RAM memmory, I dont get more lag than usual
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I Miss the old days of PWIb:surrender
  • ZackBlade - Harshlands
    ZackBlade - Harshlands Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    New bug : reset of weddings times for ceremony....got mine now on 19th at 2am (instead of 18th at 7.30 pm) ...really guys ?!!!

Dang! Thats so screwed up! Yeah im gonna buy packs and holdem untill all this mess is cleared up...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    78 Mystic ZackMystic
    62 Psy, ZackPyschic (Fail spell)
    95 BM ZackBlade
    Actively Inactive
    Exiirah made this purely awesome signature b:pleased Many thanks to her
    Decided to start using my main for forums.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Hey guys if you are still encountering errors in the game a good work-around is to buy fewer +11 / +12 orbs, they cause client instability.

I hope that helps.
    your +12 gears are causing client instability astypoo.

strip and we will be saved :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • _Ultima_ - Lothranis
    edited December 2011
    Options
    And to all the ppl complaing about lagg due to snow, get more RAM memmory, I dont get more lag than usual

eff you all the server players are having those same issues, do you think we are all noobs? if you dont play on lothranis you should just shut the eff up and gtfo this thread

and f ckin i7 8gb ram is lagging in it

still every instance is bugged...

you can do one FC taking quest then relogging but the second time you take it, it cannot let you enter and gives you: "you need to wait 5 minutes to reset this instance" (but after 5 minutes you cant go in the same)

i ve wedding on friday, i've spent 20m just for invitations, if i will not able to do it i will rage like mad.

and we are on 2x event on a pretty new server so if this huge mess-up will not be fixed soon we demand extended time for 2x thanks.
  • EnDeavor - Lothranis
    EnDeavor - Lothranis Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    annoying red bla bla

Seriousely, RIGHT AFTER an update, most of us encounter some weirdies and suddently we all need more ram or whatever ?
    MrIknowAll, bring your azz on Lothranis and enjoy the show, or just shut up.
  • Inflictia - Raging Tide
    Inflictia - Raging Tide Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Why can't people just start realize it's not how GOOD your pc is, it's about how GOOD your connection to the server is.
  • Menestho - Lothranis
    Menestho - Lothranis Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Don't you understand that it is not a matter of connexion or computer...we're not noobs we know what we're talking about...

Once again EU servers are put aside and no one cares what's going on there b:angry
  • _Ultima_ - Lothranis
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Why can't people just start realize it's not how GOOD your pc is, it's about how GOOD your connection to the server is.

i have t1, lagging on 13ms ping

the lag is SERVER SIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • EnDeavor - Lothranis
    edited December 2011
    Options
    you guys are trying to convince us that right after our last update, which messed up all the times (wedding + auctions), the interwebz connection of the whole lothranis population became something comparable to an hamster's wheel powered network connection ?
  • Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options

Nope. It's a bit of both. You can't walk through west arch w/ a crappy computer.
    Also, not even the gms who work right by the servers get good connections some of the times.

Protip: If everyone is complaining about lag, it's either the server or people sharing the same connection to the server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver
    Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    We had an issue at our data center today, so the same thing that was causing problems with our site may have impacted certain game servers as well. It's been resolved now, so please let me know if you continue experiencing any of these issues.

Thanks!

hmmm maybe it was this?

EDIT: btw faceplantbook connect and DQ pages are down
    lvl101 Legit archer...not 1 hyper used or multi-FC
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited December 2011
    Options
    i have t1, lagging on 13ms ping

the lag is SERVER SIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!

13ms would not be considered a laggy connection.
    Hell, even if you're on the same network as the server you aren't going to get much better than that. (Average connection for a local network would be between 5 and 10ms depending on network load.)

any latency you would be experiencing is on your system.

Gotta remember guys, the client game engine was written back in '04 and hasn't been updated since. It doesn't even support multi-threading processors, much less multi-core systems.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver
    Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Hell, even if you're on the same network as the server you aren't going to get much better than that. (Average connection for a local network would be between 5 and 10ms depending on network load.)

Gotta remember guys, the client game engine was written back in '04 and hasn't been updated since. It doesn't even support multi-threading processors, much less multi-core systems.

oooor it's as frankieraye said...they had an issue with the servers

Doesn't anyone read anymore?

BTW it's good to relog every few hrs anyway to refresh RAM.
    lvl101 Legit archer...not 1 hyper used or multi-FC
  • lordramrod
    lordramrod Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    This is ridiculous, nothing is fixed and tournament is broken. No quality of service at all.
  • Lupko - Heavens Tear
    Lupko - Heavens Tear Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    bug >>with certain genie skill you can get -int bonus in water for unlimited time...ehm while hitting mob

b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

lil archer of Radiance with big heart and maybe hint of humor...
  • Bale - Heavens Tear
    Bale - Heavens Tear Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    bug >>with certain genie skill you can get -int bonus in water for unlimited time...ehm while hitting mob

b:victory

hax0r b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "From time to time, the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." ~ Thomas Jefferson
  • _Ultima_ - Lothranis
    edited December 2011
    Options

man, if their servers are having major hardware problems, but the net speed is still good, you can have 13ms latency and server side lag the same way..

btw i think something is messed up in the database... today some people was pking and suddendly a group of them was teleported some cities away...
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited December 2011
    Options
    oooor it's as frankieraye said...they had an issue with the servers

Doesn't anyone read anymore?

BTW it's good to relog every few hrs anyway to refresh RAM.
    man, if their servers are having major hardware problems, but the net speed is still good, you can have 13ms latency and server side lag the same way..

btw i think something is messed up in the database... today some people was pking and suddendly a group of them was teleported some cities away...

the point is that 13ms of latency is NOT something to complain about. It also is not something that will cause "lag".

Low FPS and server response is a separate issue and can usually be linked to either hardware/driver/or software on the users end, or in extremely rare cases, a thread hanging on the server.

As for logging to refresh your ram, the only solid way to clear the memory leak the client has is to completely close it. Even logging out it keeps more memory allocated than it needs. I have a thread on this in the tech support forum.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ermosa - Heavens Tear
    Ermosa - Heavens Tear Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    i keep getting bugged lucky notes. can't open half of them. Had inventory free, opened lucky note and that quest just sits in my quest list, relogging doesn't help, nothing helps. have to delete quest to try to open next lucky note. and every 3rd lucky note gets stuck there in quest list :s
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Looks like a dev accidentally put a function of universe/0 into the code for your server... You're screwed. b:surrender
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • FateBlade - Lost City
    FateBlade - Lost City Posts: 519 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    In NV boss's combos are too early or too late.
    Something really wrong with this game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • EnDeavor - Lothranis
    edited December 2011
    Options

so that was that b:chuckle
  • _Ultima_ - Lothranis
    edited December 2011
    Options
    so that was that b:chuckle

prolly was my zerkcrit fault :D

or prolly wait.... here comes tested the new wizard skill knockback on melee hit but ewww you should fix the distance of the knockback.... b:laugh
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    prolly was my zerkcrit fault :D

or prolly wait.... here comes tested the new wizard skill knockback on melee hit but ewww you should fix the distance of the knockback.... b:laugh

Knocks back so hard, your targets client crashes.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • _Ultima_ - Lothranis
    edited December 2011
    Options
    ahhaha that could be fun...

btw is a gm trolling us :D cause some things are just unexplanable :D

something is teleporting me randomly to random places... xD
  • _beto_ - Raging Tide
    _beto_ - Raging Tide Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Cant wait for the new skills bug!!!
    If keep like that, will be EPIC (fail)!
  • _Ultima_ - Lothranis
    edited December 2011
    Options
    my wedding was planned to be in 3 hours... invitation now says it is @ late night... wtf if i will not be able to do it i get mad....
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Those of you having issues with the EU servers, go post on the respective forum for that server. The GMs for the US servers are different from those on the EU servers, and telling these GMs about problems there won't get anything done.

b:bye