BizHerc - Heavens Tear Posts: 39 Arc User
edited December 2011 in General Discussion
OK, latest rumours to grace my chat box:

1) Level cap raising to 120

2) R10 coming out

3) FF changing to lvl85 minimum

4) New Exp instance for 100+ to get to 120

5) Warsoul armour

Apparently info gained from Chinese servers. Source my source heard it from.... IMO not terribly reliable.

Anyone got anything to add to this, or any proof that any of this is, or is not happening?
Post edited by BizHerc - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    1) Not likely
    2) Probably
    3) Maybe
    4) Doubt it
    5) Won't surprise me but very unlikely.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited December 2011
    Options
    1. not going to happen since there's no content, they aren't writing it, and they have already screwed the FB109 and 119 maps.

2. Since they're thinking we're too much OP-Rank 9 minded, not likely.

3. In our dreams. that's just wishful thinking. They don't know how to change the code. Besides, why would they stop us from leveling up fast so we spend money on ****.

4. Meh

5. In most cases, the weapons aren't worth it now, what makes you think the armor will be? It's not like it will be any easier to obtain anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    1. not going to happen since there's no content, they aren't writing it, and they have already screwed the FB109 and 119 maps.

2. Since they're thinking we're too much OP-Rank 9 minded, not likely.

3. In our dreams. that's just wishful thinking. They don't know how to change the code. Besides, why would they stop us from leveling up fast so we spend money on ****.

4. Meh

5. In most cases, the weapons aren't worth it now, what makes you think the armor will be? It's not like it will be any easier to obtain anyway.

1. I agree it's highly unlikely of happening, the reason would have nothing to do with the 109 maps. Yes, they took Renegade, removed all the hallways and most of the dungeon and made it into Nirvana, and they may have used the Mist City map for Warsong. But need I remind you that PWI has already re-used instance maps. Or have you already forgotten about PV? If they can re-use the FB19 maps, why can't they re-use the 109 maps? As for the 119 maps, I haven't even ehard of them existing, so I honestly can't say. And of course, we also still have the unused Black Sand Palace map.

2. I doubt it, especially considering how r9 was intended by the devs to be extremely rare and time-consuming to get(It cannot be bought via cash shop over there) Not to mention, they just released the Recasts, which could be considered a form of r10.

3. Definitely not. Especially when you consider the fact that you get quests inside of FC starting at lvl 75.

4. This answer relies solely on the answer to #1. Or in other words, highly unlikely.

5. I don't see a point, so again, unlikely. Unless they come up with a more efficient way to obtain warsoul mats or come up with warsoul packs(my bet would be on the latter considering PWI's track record) they would be just as ignored as the weapons. Not to mention, they would need to be at least as good as r9 recast, if not better, for anyone to actually bother with them.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Rumours are exactly that :p

I seriously doubt they will ever add new 105+ content. They would have to re-do the culti chain too (in the old PWI, it included fb109 to get your third fairy) and find new instances for them. If not, then you'd get half-assed instances (PV) that suit little purpose in running. It doesn't bode well, especially for a game out the door.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    How about let's not start baseless rumors so that we won't have to deal with nubs constantly making threads about them?
    OK, latest rumours to grace my chat box:

1) Level cap raising to 120

Will never happen. Exp amounts for 101-105 already have the exp needed from the old cap from 101-150. Content for 106+ was already taken out or altered for lower levels.
    2) R10 coming out

Maybe, but not anytime soon.
    3) FF changing to lvl85 minimum

It already has a minimum cap, it's just easy to exploit.

No.
    5) Warsoul armour

Never heard about this. Maybe, maybe not.
    Apparently info gained from Chinese servers. Source my source heard it from.... IMO not terribly reliable.

Not just terribly unreliable... more like pure bs...
    Anyone got anything to add to this, or any proof that any of this is, or is not happening?

Don't count on it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    It's all true! We're all gonna die! *Runs around on fire flailing wildly*
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    All BS.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver
    ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    wonder how u got those infos from cn server, new expansion is not about that :o
  • MagicEmpress - Lost City
    MagicEmpress - Lost City Posts: 795 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I would just like to see 109FB with a instance that would lvl you up to 109 so you could do it and say a lvl cap of 115 or even 110.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    A rumor is usually a stupid lie believed by someone more stupid. b:bye
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • fearstrike
    fearstrike Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Devs dont care about PWI anymore.
  • Ikarium - Dreamweaver
    Ikarium - Dreamweaver Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Rumours like this are probably derived fo whats actually happening

2) R10 coming out

5) Warsoul armour

These are probably based on what has been previewed on PWCN. The new armor and weapons that they have been displaying preview pics of. Its easy for someone to see these and just say "oh, that must be r10/warsoul" and spread that around.
    And the new exp instance....hard to say, but the new gears are farmable. So again, anyone seeing pics of new instance could just guess its for high-level power levelling and spread the rumour.

And as far as the other 2......the game is developed for China. As far as I am aware they don't have the hyper-levelling problem in FC like we do (hypers don't work in it?). So, it would make little sense for them to change FC. Which leads into the level cap being raised. If there's no content above 101 and the Chinese market can't power level like we can, there is no point in them raising that bar.
  • Bubbles - Morai
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I would just like to see 109FB with a instance that would lvl you up to 109 so you could do it and say a lvl cap of 115 or even 110.

Guys. Guys guys guys.
    The cap. The cap will never be increased. Ever. The cap will not change.

Look at the exp table for levels 101-105. That's a lot of exp.
    You wanna know why? That exp was the same amount needed to get to 150 when that was the cap.
    Not only this, but even if the devs decided to increase cap, not only would you need to determine a rate at which exp would increase per level, it would end up being billions of exp needed.
    To get from 104 to 105, you need 1.75 bill exp. Next level would need 2 bill exp. Next would need 2.5 bill exp. Then 3 bill. 4 bill. A cap of lvl 115 would need tens of billions of exp.
    Don't even think there would ever be enough content created to cover that amount of exp needed...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2011
    Options
    A rumor is usually a stupid lie believed by someone more stupid. b:bye

bahahahahahaha I hear some of these rumors and facepalm so hard.
    fearstrike wrote: »
    Devs dont care about PWI anymore.

Did they in the first place?
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
  • MagicEmpress - Lost City
    MagicEmpress - Lost City Posts: 795 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Guys. Guys guys guys.
    The cap. The cap will never be increased. Ever. The cap will not change.

Look at the exp table for levels 101-105. That's a lot of exp.
    You wanna know why? That exp was the same amount needed to get to 150 when that was the cap.
    Not only this, but even if the devs decided to increase cap, not only would you need to determine a rate at which exp would increase per level, it would end up being billions of exp needed.
    To get from 104 to 105, you need 1.75 bill exp. Next level would need 2 bill exp. Next would need 2.5 bill exp. Then 3 bill. 4 bill. A cap of lvl 115 would need tens of billions of exp.
    Don't even think there would ever be enough content created to cover that amount of exp needed...
    They could make each lvl past 105 that same XP needed as from 104-105. b:bye
  • Zarni - Dreamweaver
    Zarni - Dreamweaver Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options

Which would make it take about 4 years of constant stealthed sin FC runs to hit 109 from 105. Sounds like a fun game to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver
    _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 753 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    PWI is waaaay to lazy to do all that, it took them several months to add 1 new DQ item LOL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I Miss the old days of PWIb:surrender
  • Bubbles - Morai
    edited December 2011
    Options

Even if they did, there still isn't enough content to cover those levels.
    You have remember people only got to 105 because of fcc glitching.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Even if they did, there still isn't enough content to cover those levels.
    You have remember people only got to 105 because of fcc glitching.

Ooooh! Oooooh! They'll put that back in, as a feature now! Then they'll reaise the level cap to 300, with an exponentially increasing exp table. But Genies will be stuck maxing out at 105. b:bye
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
  • Bubbles - Morai
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Ooooh! Oooooh! They'll put that back in, as a feature now! Then they'll reaise the level cap to 300, with an exponentially increasing exp table. But Genies will be stuck maxing out at 105. b:bye

At lvl 300, you'll need trillions of exp. GG for those who accomplish this. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2011
    Options
    At lvl 300, you'll need trillions of exp. GG for those who accomplish this. b:bye

Exponentially? You'd need a lot more than trillions of exp at level 299 to get to 300... More like hojillions.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
  • Schznider - Dreamweaver
    Schznider - Dreamweaver Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I have also heard Rumours that new skills are coming? ive been to SoT runs, FC runs and BH runs where i have heard different people saying that new skills are coming for most or all classes, for example i heard that the Archer will have a stealth skill, that works like cammouflage, they will be able to stealth, but they cant move, its only to escape attacks.. also barbs will have a new Anti-Air attack for flying mobs/players in duels.

Just rumours and im personally wondering if that is true?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The only thing to do with good advice is to pass it on. It is never any use to oneself."
    "Always forgive your enemies; Nothing annoys them so much."
    -Oscar Wilde.
  • Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide
    Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide Posts: 934 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I have also heard Rumours that new skills are coming? ive been to SoT runs, FC runs and BH runs where i have heard different people saying that new skills are coming for most or all classes, for example i heard that the Archer will have a stealth skill, that works like cammouflage, they will be able to stealth, but they cant move, its only to escape attacks.. also barbs will have a new Anti-Air attack for flying mobs/players in duels.

Scroll up. See Bubbles? See Bubbles' Signature? Follow the Siggy b:victory
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    More like hojillions.

This is so much win.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Bubbles - Morai
    edited December 2011
    Options

i love the people that can't read
    Exponentially? You'd need a lot more than trillions of exp at level 299 to get to 300... More like hojillions.

Let's see here...
    101-102, total exp increased by 2x
    102-103, 1.8x
    103-104, 2x
    104-105, 1.7x
    so let's say total exp were to increase only by an average of 1.9x from level to level...
    (current total max) 4,263,108,185 x 1.9^(300-105) = 9.6979187154357430122516846364323892885378444241158307 x 10^63

Unless I am so totally approaching this the wrong way, the amount of exp needed would be in the vigintillions.

EDIT:
    If, however, you were to follow the formula for p2p pw that has levels beyond 105, each level increases by 1.75 bill exp. soo
    4,263,108,185 + (1,750,000,000(300-105)) = 345,513,108,185
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]