Hp/Mp charm

Options
truthhurtsouch
truthhurtsouch Posts: 56 Arc User
edited January 2012 in Suggestion Box
Hello peeps,

I was just wondering the other day how many of you have think about the ability of charms to be equipped and unequipped at will? I know this would spark up questions like, other ppl would be able to sell used charms etc, well not quite. Perhaps they can work like bound gear (you can unequip but you wont be able to sell once used). Who wouldn't want to equip a charm for pk then 1hr later go to nirvana or TT without burning their new charm. =P

This would encourage players to get involved in more daily activities without being worried about charm cost or the so called "unnecessary charm r@pe" that makes everyone lazy.

So have anyone ever before made a serious request or shared this idea? If not, what do you think? I come from games where the players ideas where taken into account and applied within a few patches.

Feedback from GM or a MOD would be enormously welcome.
Post edited by truthhurtsouch on

Comments

• exoticmyst
    exoticmyst Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I like this idea :) Being a cleric it would save me from burning up spirit charms so fast and guardian charms on my other characters. b:victory
  • Lelouchvi_ - Sanctuary
    Lelouchvi_ - Sanctuary Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    It really is a fantastic idea but i dont think it will happen b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • magicsabre
    magicsabre Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I was just wondering the other day how many of you have think about the ability of charms to be equipped and unequipped at will?

Reply from moderator of this forum:
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    Got an awesome idea to make Perfect World a better place? Cool, we'd love to hear it! But before you post, please make sure that your suggestion hasn't already been made before so that you can get full answer to your question and make the forums a more fun place for all.
    Unbinding charm/service/item/npc should be available

At this time there is no plan for Perfect World International to offer an unbinding service as it runs contrary to express purposes of selling binding charms. Please remember that binding the items serves more than the purpose of preventing your gear from being dropped in PK, it also prevents other from selling your item/keeping your item if your account is compromised. Selling unbinding services would remove this protection. Please take the decision to bind items seriously and make sure you are comfortable NOT selling the item before binding your gear. If you want to protect yourself from dropping in PK, there are other options available to you including Guardian scrolls and safety lock. The last option is particularly attractive because you can set it for 30 minute intervals so that you don't have to wait that long if you should decide you want to do something other than PK and go blue name instead.And unlike guardian charms it is not consumable. Guardian charms are also attractive in that the protect your exp as well.
  • truthhurtsouch
    edited December 2011
    Options
    magicsabre wrote: »
    Reply from moderator of this forum:

I see, Thx for the reference but its not the same I am proposing. I don't want to unbind the hp/mp charm I jsut want to unequip it whenever while its still binded =)
  • Lelouchvi_ - Sanctuary
    edited December 2011
    Options
    You dont have to create an entire unbinding service. Just make charms so that you can take them off like any other item. Make them unable to drop but also able to take off at will.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • magicsabre
    magicsabre Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    You dont have to create an entire unbinding service. Just make charms so that you can take them off like any other item. Make them unable to drop but also able to take off at will.

From same source:
    Make it so that charms do not auto bind to your character!

Charms are expensive and so you obviously do not want to equip one to a merchant character. However, the auto-bind feature is for you protection. Charms are meant to be a last ditch defense that works automatically, not something you can accidentally un-equip and then not be able to use when you need it most. Furthermore, having charms auto-bind prevent them being sold after being used. If you would like to avoid ticking your charm, there is a quest called "try to leap" that you get in the first few levels of playing. I would suggest completing this quest and choosing an HP charm, as those are the most expensive should you accidentally equip it and are not tradable anyway. This way you will receive a dialog box warning you that your about to destroy your old charm and equip a new one should you accidentally go to equip that charm. If you wanted to, you could also complete the lochmur quest on your shop alt and get a cheap untradeable mana charm as well to equip. Although that requires significantly more work. Using these options can help protect your investments.
  • Lelouchvi_ - Sanctuary
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I guess that answered my question but in my opinion, i think the majority of people would like to have the charm rule reversed b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • truthhurtsouch
    edited December 2011
    Options
    As far as I am concerned the charm system was created over 3 years ago when the game first started, back then you didn't need a charm to run most instances or the PWI community was too young and didn't had preferences with charmed players. My point is the game have undoubtedly changed alot, maybe its time to updated some of this systems to fit its community needs today. Afterall this is how games are improved, by implementing ideas from its players and getting feedback, worst case scenario it can all be reverted to its original form. Imagine if this actually turns out to be a big plus for the game and players become more active with everything that involves activity ingame. =)

I love to think there are some open minded ppl out there who think alike. b:thanks
  • kellier
    kellier Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I think that would be a great idea infact i often wanted to unequip my charm so i don't use it because alot of times i don't need a charm but if i have it then it will tick barely once and not even worth it for it to tick.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    It would obviously be better for everyone with a charm if the charm had more function.

Equally, it would be better for them if their weapon 1-shotted everything.

It's just about as likely to happen.
  • mogwai
    mogwai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    We want to un-equip (not un-bind), charms so we don't burn them in Jungle Ruins event! there said it, next...
    mmorpg is R'lyehian for: Innumerable quantities of grown babies
    discussing & often complaining about the imaginary.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited December 2011
    Options
    You equip a charm, you accept the consequences. As of right now, there is no intention to change the ability of a charm to be un-equipped, and I believe that not changing it is the correct thing to do.

Moved to the Suggestion Box.
  • truthhurtsouch
    edited December 2011
    Options
    You equip a charm, you accept the consequences. As of right now, there is no intention to change the ability of a charm to be un-equipped, and I believe that not changing it is the correct thing to do.

Moved to the Suggestion Box.

I'm aware of the consequences and that is precisely why I think my idea should be consider. Until anyone can give me a valid reason why unequipping charms is such a bad idea (other that u equip at your own risk) I don't see why keeping it the way it is is the right thing to do? O.o
  • TheDutchman - Raging Tide
    TheDutchman - Raging Tide Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    PWI is avoiding the question here.... Gear like TT99 gold is bound too, yet you can take them of, put them in bank or whatever. So what you answer here is just a lame excuse since bind rules for charms seem to be very different from other bound stuff. So why doesn't PWI just admid that leaving it this way they gain more money?
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited December 2011
    Options
    PWI is avoiding the question here.... Gear like TT99 gold is bound too, yet you can take them of, put them in bank or whatever. So what you answer here is just a lame excuse since bind rules for charms seem to be very different from other bound stuff. So why doesn't PWI just admid that leaving it this way they gain more money?

It's not that they get more money, it's that it used to be one of the only ways they really got money. People who played before packs know what I mean. Charms are not a necessity in any way, shape of form. They are a luxury, and as such have certain limitations associated with them.

P.S. ~ I'm sure PWE is what you meant, since the game itself makes no conscious defenses of itself.
  • laloner
    laloner Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    This change would effectively make charms last longer and so lower the real price and they are sold in the cash shop so that would lose money for the company.

I tried a MP charm on my archer for BOAing and I would tick it while buffing myself for chi. Last time I bought one.
    AKA PermaSpark, Heartshatter
  • linkalmighty
    linkalmighty Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I completely agree with this idea. I assume they originally made it so you can't unequip so they can make more money off people buying more, but in all honesty I would buy more if it meant I didn't have to waste it. So yes, this should be updated.

I hope they can consider this small offer after having been the way it has for so long. I have high doubts that they will change it, but hey, if they don't then I won't buy their charms. Simple. Just one more bad cookie they got..

And just on another note...

If they absolutely will NOT make charms unequipable... at LEAST put in an npc that can heal you to full hp and mp. Please. I would duel more if I didn't have to use 5 pots every time.