Fairy boxes are back !

ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver
ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver Posts: 385 Arc User
edited December 2011 in General Discussion
As a pack for sale in the cash shop. Anyone else not a bit surprised by this?
Post edited by ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    ..Lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • SharkAngel - Heavens Tear
    SharkAngel - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    So they made TT Solo mode into absolute garbage by removing them, just to put a superior version into the CS. Even though this shouldnt suprise me, it still does. Way to further discourage farming, PWE.b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nightstalk - Raging Tide
    Nightstalk - Raging Tide Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    no ****** way......
    10x R9 Sage Sin Active
    9x Demon Cleric Active
    9x Sage Psy Active
    8x Mystic Active
    9x Demon BM Active
    8x Seeker Active
    Been around awhile but never really play that long to get anywhere.b:victory
  • TolanSky - Heavens Tear
    TolanSky - Heavens Tear Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    how does this in any way discourage the practice of people spending inordinate amounts of real life cash on this game only to get a huge boost to their offensive and defensive capabilities via spending said cash on the game, that would be less likely to be possible if said money was not spent on the game?
    Acc 1: TolanSky ~ ● Seeker / Daearena ~ Mystic / ThornLily ~ Veno
    Acc 2: Veilana ~ Sin / QueenBlubrry ~ Cleric / Lemondrop ~ Psychic
  • Arlenia - Dreamweaver
    Arlenia - Dreamweaver Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I don't think them putting the boxes in CS is even worth QQing over. Not like anyone with half a brain is going to buy them with gold. Just like nobody buys the crafting mats with gold. Mirages are selling for just over NPC price on dreamweaver (10.2k or so), and I'd bet my **** that they're going to be considerably more expensive with gold.

Useless sale is useless.
  • Luxiouss - Harshlands
    Luxiouss - Harshlands Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    they always been here in squad mode... u dumb
  • TolanSky - Heavens Tear
    TolanSky - Heavens Tear Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    they always been here in squad mode... u dumb

um... we aren't talking about squad mode in Twilight Temple. We are talking about the fact that the Fairy Boxes that used to be in Single Mode in Twilight Temple both got upgraded and added to the Cash Shop.
    Acc 1: TolanSky ~ ● Seeker / Daearena ~ Mystic / ThornLily ~ Veno
    Acc 2: Veilana ~ Sin / QueenBlubrry ~ Cleric / Lemondrop ~ Psychic
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    You sure it's the same box? I'm too lazy to check on my phone. Same... 6 per day limit?
  • Ladyhellcatq - Dreamweaver
    Ladyhellcatq - Dreamweaver Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Hmm, currently I have 2742 fairy boxes on my main and about half that on my alt acount alt. I know I won't be buying any...open 6 a day..what bs.
  • ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2011
    I don't think them putting the boxes in CS is even worth QQing over. Not like anyone with half a brain is going to buy them with gold. Just like nobody buys the crafting mats with gold. Mirages are selling for just over NPC price on dreamweaver (10.2k or so), and I'd bet my **** that they're going to be considerably more expensive with gold.

Useless sale is useless.
    I agree. Sadly there probably are some out there that will buy them. It's just interesting to see a similar pack appear in the cash shop hot on the heals of their removal from solo and select squad modes of tt. Especially considering this as the reason they say they were removed.
    So, about the Fairy Boxes, it turns out that this was an intended change after all. The developers have made this change to Twilight Temple to protect the output balance of Mirage Celestones within the game.

They've stated that it may be reverted in the future, but for now they would like to evaluate the situation, and we'll definitely let you know if there indeed is any future change to this.

Thank you for your patience during the time it took for us to get to the bottom of this.
  • Arlenia - Dreamweaver
    Arlenia - Dreamweaver Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    You sure it's the same box? I'm too lazy to check on my phone. Same... 6 per day limit?

It's not the same box and there's no mention of a daily limit, though that doesn't prove that there won't be one (but I'd be surprised if there was). Here's the description of the CS box:

Upon opening the Mirage Celestone Pack, you will receive either 10, 20, or 50 Mirage Celestones

Not sure what the probabilities are on each number or what it'll cost per box. Most likely it'll be a 90% chance of getting 10 the way I know PWI.
  • Reaperarm - Harshlands
    Reaperarm - Harshlands Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    How convienant. They take fairy boxes from solo mode TT and then what do you know. A very similiar box shows up in the boutique. This is just an outright eff you to the f2pers . Their pissing on us without even the courtesy of calling it rain.
    If you find yourself hopelessly pulled towards running into massive amounts of mobs in a vain attempt to aoe them all to death.......You just might be a bm.
  • XxAdiciaxx - Sanctuary
    XxAdiciaxx - Sanctuary Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    i haven't looked at the fairy boxes in cash shop tbh. i'd hope they had more in them then just the six but then again ... mirages... from bh tt talismans who cares about buying something i get for free anyway..b:chuckle
  • Sanna - Momaganon
    Sanna - Momaganon Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Soon FrankieRay will come with a lie about this being by popular demand and not an attempt by pwi to take out a way for free to play players to make money.

Of course it would be stupid of them to sell fairy boxes but it is something simular wich is a slap in the face of those who used to farm fairy boxes to try and keep up with cash shoppers.
  • BloodyNero - Raging Tide
    BloodyNero - Raging Tide Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    b:laugh panick for no reason? Mirages will still be the same price o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reaperarm - Harshlands
    Reaperarm - Harshlands Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    *Passes out umbrellas* Gonna be needing those cause someone at pwe felt like takin a big dooky on f2pers.
    If you find yourself hopelessly pulled towards running into massive amounts of mobs in a vain attempt to aoe them all to death.......You just might be a bm.
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    How convienant. They take fairy boxes from solo mode TT and then what do you know. A very similiar box shows up in the boutique. This is just an outright eff you to the f2pers . Their pissing on us without even the courtesy of calling it rain.
    Soon FrankieRay will come with a lie about this being by popular demand and not an attempt by pwi to take out a way for free to play players to make money.

Of course it would be stupid of them to sell fairy boxes but it is something simular wich is a slap in the face of those who used to farm fairy boxes to try and keep up with cash shoppers.

^ both actually lol

Couldn't have said it better myself, and loved the quote from Avatar, Reaper lol.
    So, about the Fairy Boxes, it turns out that this was an intended change after all. The developers have made this change to Twilight Temple to protect the output balance of Mirage Celestones within the game.

They've stated that it may be reverted in the future, but for now they would like to evaluate the situation, and we'll definitely let you know if there indeed is any future change to this.

Thank you for your patience during the time it took for us to get to the bottom of this.

Pay attention to the part in yellow somone already poitned out.... They say there's too many mirages so they take them out..... yet here they are in the friggin boutique! FRANKIE YOU'VE BEEN CAUGHT LYING YOUR *** OFF ONCE TOO MANY TIMES! That is more b.s. then a bull could **** out...

You should've just said straight out "We dont' want you F2P players making any money, whip out your credit cards so we can eat steak and champange every night"

>.< seriously? You honestly expect us to think even with two toon opening fairy boxes that it was making that much of a dent in your profits?

your profits are going down cause you're continuously **** people over and pulling stupid stunts like this. GET A CLUE!
  • BadDesires - Harshlands
    BadDesires - Harshlands Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    PWI is still free to play, but only if you grind or merch 24/7 and treat it like a job. If you want to casually play for a few hours a week, you will have to pay for the priviledge.
    I used to play PWI until I took an arrow to the knee.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Btw, PWDB says teh following about this box:

45% 10 mirages
    40% 20 mirages
    15% 50 mirages

for an average of 20 mirage per box.

I'm still a bit QQ about the Fairy Boxes. At least I then had something to do in the game. Now I'm just pretty much doing BH and hopping on the roofs of West Archosaur. And for the past week it's been pretty much all Delta or Lunar, neither of which I do.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    sigh...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • Jin_Wang - Lost City
    Jin_Wang - Lost City Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I never knew fairy boxes existed until I came back from a break and playing this game again. They took it out of solo mode because it would be bad for business. You will have to do that in squad or make a character that will solo squad mode TT.

I was never be surprised on people making money and getting boutique for free. Its all in the gold trade, if it is too low gold rate (can't go back to that now), then the company cannot make money. If it is too high people can't really merchant. Now to actually pay money from certain gear, there's a limit and should be a difference from gameplay to boutique. They cannot really mix.

If the developers really wanted to make money from their customers, then gold trading through shouldn't have been implemented in the first place. To get gold from coins, it has to be from another gamer instead of going through auction. Yet people find this a bad idea. Now look at it, people are now cash dependent because the developers feel that they should raise the gold rate. It is too late now, it is even now a reward in core connect for exchanging gold from auction.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cytte - Harshlands
    Cytte - Harshlands Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Wow PWI, Really? This is one of the most pathetic things I've had the displeasure of witnessing. I mean yea, you take out fairy boxes in solo-mode, and thus kick all the lowbies who would do solo-mode for boxes.Hell, I used to help people who were scavenging for money by running 1-1 with them. But you even gave us the bold faced lie that it was because there were too many mirages on the market. The only thing that changed when you took out mirages was you cut off a great source of income for anyone pre-the ability to do/solo squad modes. Now you're putting mirages in the boutique? Too many mirages my ***. Go put Fairy boxes back in solo mode if you're going to have the audacity to sell them in the boutique and say there are too many mirages.

This makes be thing the people who come up with sale items don't even log into the game to see what the market wants. Gold is peaking at 2m a pop, and mirages are being bought for 10.5k on HL. This was just an idiotic idea.
    I <3 A lot of people
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited December 2011

This makes be thing the people who come up with sale items don't even log into the game to see what the market wants. Gold is peaking at 2m a pop, and mirages are being bought for 10.5k on HL. This was just an idiotic idea.

Oh but you see, they're not actually expecting to sell the mirages.

If you price mirages at a value of 12,000 coins each, then those boxes are not worth it as long as gold is higher than 522,000.

Heck, even if you somehow manage to get 50 mirages every time, gold would still have to be 1,307,000 or less.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited December 2011
    You guys realize that frankie's just doing his job, right? He tells you what he's told. None of that is his own opinion, it's the "company position".

On another note, I am actually appalled at how this was implemented. The developers say one thing, and then have PWE do something else entirely...
  • mogwai
    mogwai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    You guys realize that frankie's just doing his job, right? He tells you what he's told. None of that is his own opinion, it's the "company position".

On another note, I am actually appalled at how this was implemented. The developers say one thing, and then have PWE do something else entirely...

yes we know, & this reply is getting old fast

...buy the rights from the do-do's in China & fix the 3 years worth of headaches <- sadly this is the only way to fully be redeemed at this point.
    mmorpg is R'lyehian for: Innumerable quantities of grown babies
    discussing & often complaining about the imaginary.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Does anyone have fewer than 400 mirages sat in the bank, anyway? Why would anyone pay for them?
  • MrHanky - Harshlands
    MrHanky - Harshlands Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    hey some people got jobs and ait got the time to no-life grind
    i think everything should be buyable
    peace
    b:bye
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    peace
    that I agree with, but NOT at the expense of the F2P players, like me
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2011
    KrittyCat wrote: »

You know with the way this was done the quote below may be right about the reason why no snowmen.
    Wait until next week when they put the chi stone box in with all the stones snowmen droppedb:surrender
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    peace

Hey some people go to school and don't have money/much time to play and aint got the time to no-life grind.
    I think everything should be farmable. (and solo-farmable that is >.>)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker