Suggestion *CHARM TICK ADJUSTMENT*

Options
FoxyGR - Raging Tide
FoxyGR - Raging Tide Posts: 103 Arc User
edited December 2011 in Suggestion Box
I'm tired of my mana charm activating at 75% when I still have over 5k mana to use my skills with. More so I'm tired of my health charm activating at 50% when I still have another 1.2k of HP to actually use. I think that the charms are great, but needs to be made so that players can adjust to the percentage that they wish to have their charms tick off at. For me, if My mana gets to 10% or 20% is when I would normally use a pot anyways. The same goes with my health. I'm not saying to make the charms activate at a lower percentage, but make it so that it's more adjustable to each player's preferance on when it activates. Even if it's a 24 hour buffer between adjustments, it would be fine.
Post edited by FoxyGR - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Yami_ - Dreamweaver
    Yami_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    b:victory

But I have the feeling that this alread was suggested...
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Not going to happen.

If you were allowed to adjust them to fit your needs, you would also be able to adjust them so that they never tick when you're not going some heavy-duty tanking. For example, you could set your charm at <1% and thus it'd pretty much never tick in normal grinding.

And by doing so, you'd be able to lengthen the time a single charm would last on you, which would mean PWE would sell a lot less charms.

Also, the biggest buyers of charms are TW factions, for whom the charms being the way they are is beneficial. And it's not like saving charm costs would matter much to them, most of the higher end TW folk should be making enough coins for charm costs to be non-issue.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Seamen - Dreamweaver
    Seamen - Dreamweaver Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Always wondered this, great explanation and comes to think of it, it does make sense for the tw aspect.
  • Yami_ - Dreamweaver
    Yami_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    It's not smart to leave a charm to 1%, just think about It, for It to tick you have to be very very close of the death, this won't will happen in the reality because if your charm will tick when youre with 1% them youre pretty much dead alread, youre just trying to flame a good idea.

But one thing that you said makes sense, WB will be more harder to kill than they alread are if the player is smart and don't leave his charm to tick at 1% lol.

But if we have those settings for example: 75%~~50%~~25% I think that It might work and what are a WB in a sea of Sins?
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited December 2011
    Options
    It's not smart to leave a charm to 1%, just think about It, for It to tick you have to be very very close of the death, this won't will happen in the reality because if your charm will tick when youre with 1% them youre pretty much dead alread, youre just trying to flame a good idea.

Yes, that was kinda my point. That is, you'd be easily able to adjust the charm to a level where it won't tick when you don't want it to, thus making the lifespan of your charm vastly higher.

It would please the people yes, but it would also mean PWE would lose money. And that's not good.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
  • FoxyGR - Raging Tide
    edited December 2011
    Options
    It would please the people yes, but it would also mean PWE would lose money. And that's not good.

Okay, let's say that every player in PWI spends about $40 a month... and there's... Just going to say 10 million players on the game. As an example.

That's 400 million dollars a month PWE is making. Making the charms tick to meet players standards won't effect this because people are always pouring their cash to get the rare and new stuff. Their pouring their cash to get the dragon orbs. Don't tell me that you don't use your gold ingame to just buy the charms. I know I use mine to buy fashion and battle pet packs, as well as chance packs to try and get a certain pet or flying mount.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Okay, let's say that every player in PWI spends about $40 a month... and there's... Just going to say 10 million players on the game. As an example.

That's 400 million dollars a month PWE is making. Making the charms tick to meet players standards won't effect this because people are always pouring their cash to get the rare and new stuff. Their pouring their cash to get the dragon orbs. Don't tell me that you don't use your gold ingame to just buy the charms. I know I use mine to buy fashion and battle pet packs, as well as chance packs to try and get a certain pet or flying mount.

It will affect PWE's profits. Obviously it would. Adjusting when a charm ticks directly affects its lifespan.

You might as well be asking for the ability to remove charms whenever you're not using them. That's also not going to happen because then the average lifespan of a charm would be ridiculously long.

The point of suggesting the ability to adjust when a charm ticks is to weed out the unwanted charm ticks. Wait... unwanted charm ticks? That sounds like you want your charms to last longer. Oh wait, that's exactly why I've been saying it won't happen. Damn.

As for me personally: I've only ever bought 2 Silver Charms from catshops for personal use. The rest that I've used I've gotten through event gold. Also, I've never spent a cent on the game, all the gold I have I've bought with coins, some of which came from playing the game, most of it from playing the in-game market though.

b:cute
  • First_Fang - Archosaur
    First_Fang - Archosaur Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Just want to add my 2 cents.

I think it would be great if a charm's tick time could be changed. But there need to be a limit of some kind, cause otherwise like pervously stated changing to a 1% would make the charms last way longer.

So to solve this I have a simple idea which I think would work. make there only be three tick times to pick from, charms can tick at 25, 50, or 75 percent, that way if you have 10k hp/mp and don't want it to tick off when your at 5 or 7.5k hp/mp left you can change it so it would tick when you had 2.5k. on the other hand if you only have 4k hp/mp you can change it to tick at 3k hp/mp.

That my opion anyway, what do you guys think?
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    No. Because you know what they'll do to recoup the lost money from peoples charms lasting for extraordinary lengths of time? They'd raise the cost to get one, by a lot. They'd probably remove or nerf the quest reward ones as well. No thx.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • FoxyGR - Raging Tide
    edited December 2011
    Options
    How would a charm ticking when a barb with 40K hp actually tick when he's down to 2k hp effect how they slow down? The charms are only limited to how much hp/mp they give. Not how often they are actually used. So when it ticks at 2k hp instead of 20k hp, that would be an additional 18k hp ON TOP of the 20k hp the charm would normally tick at. If anything, the charm would be gone threw just as fast, if not even faster.

It's not a lost profit in PWE, but actually a HUGE gain.

The same theory goes for if the charm ticks at 30k instead of 20k. It would still go away JUST AS FAST as if it was set at 2k instead.

Stating that the charm's lives would last longer would only come if people actually use pots, which they try to at a HIGHLY faster rate. All the charm ticking does is make the pots become more effective, and then they would last longer.

And as I had stated on my FIRST POST that the set up should be given a 24 hour buffer, so if they use their charms for PVP, then they'd have to wait 24 hours to actually set it up again for PVE. If they use their charms to fight bosses and do dungeon runs instead, then there's still that 24 hour buffer before they can do other things like grinding or quest leveling.
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    :x I just thought I'd mention, one of the only reasons I have never bought myself a magic charm is BECAUSE of the damned 75% tick. Now that I've survived to almost being 75, I'll never need one after I'm able to use MP food. Money lost for PWI.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • FoxyGR - Raging Tide
    edited December 2011
    Options
    :x I just thought I'd mention, one of the only reasons I have never bought myself a magic charm is BECAUSE of the damned 75% tick. Now that I've survived to almost being 75, I'll never need one after I'm able to use MP food. Money lost for PWI.

And this is the very reason why they should make the charm ticks adjustable. Even if it's got set ups like a 24 hour cool down, or it's set to that 25% until the charm is empty, then the player equips a new charm, setting the tick activation on that one at whatever setting. The charms just automatically ticking so early on in the HP/MP use makes absolutly no sense.
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options

Same here. Fox form cuts Max MP by 30% at Level 1 and 25% at Level 2. Which means that MP charm ticks every single time a venomancer reverts to human form at least until 59 when she can get Level 3 Fox Form. And even then it drops max mp by 20%, so it's highly likely that you will hit the 25% mark when you revert to human form anyway. And since I often and switching forms to suit the situation, an MP charm is extremely inefficient and costly.