Physic Attributes?

mrboobie
mrboobie Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2011 in Dungeons & Tactics
Im totally new here to PWI and just wondering how do I build my physic attributes in a good way? So far ima kinda randomly adding points, 1 to all and rest to Magic.
Post edited by mrboobie on

Comments

• Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the game!

You should check out the Psychic Subforum, they've got a few guides and those should help you with your stats.

It's generally a bad idea to add points into Dex when you're a magic class, as Dex does nothing for mages since magic never misses. Unless you're going Light Armor build which....<_< Well, read the guides. I've never built a psychic myself so I've not got the expertise on how to stat one. =P Good luck!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • mrboobie
    mrboobie Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the game!

You should check out the Psychic Subforum, they've got a few guides and those should help you with your stats.

It's generally a bad idea to add points into Dex when you're a magic class, as Dex does nothing for mages since magic never misses. Unless you're going Light Armor build which....<_< Well, read the guides. I've never built a psychic myself so I've not got the expertise on how to stat one. =P Good luck!

Thank you :D umm but another question whats light armor? What are other armor types and whats the diference?
  • Tonei - Heavens Tear
    Tonei - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    mrboobie wrote: »
    Thank you :D umm but another question whats light armor? What are other armor types and whats the diference?

Heavy Armor - HA: Good for Tanking classes, good for tanking melee
    Light Armor - LA: Half i would say of HA/AA
    Arcane Armour - AA: Mage classes use this, good for tanking mage
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    You can find good builds for psychics (note that it's spelled "psychic", not "physic", if you try to search on that term) at the PWI wiki at the Psychic Common Stat Builds page.

And to add to/clarify what Tonei said:

Arcane Armor (AA) protects strongly against magic damage and weakly against physical damage, has a low Str requirement and a high Mag requirement.
    Heavy Armor (HA) protects strongly against physical damage and weakly against magical damage, has a low Dex requirement and a high Str requirement.
    Light Armor (LA) protects moderately against physical and magical damage, has a high Dex requirement and a low Str requirement.

Magic classes usually use AA because it doesn't take as many points away from their Mag attribute, which allows them to maximize their magic damage and skills.

Hope that helps!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    While the dex requirement for light armor is higher than that for heavy or arcane, I'm not really sure 1 dex/level really counts as "high".

AA: 1.5 mag, .5 str/level
    HA: 2.5 str, .5 dex/level
    LA: 1 str, 1 dex/level
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga