EXTREMELY weird glitch

HadesHound - Raging Tide
HadesHound - Raging Tide Posts: 357 Arc User
edited December 2011 in General Discussion
I was in battle with my wife in the sea east of Misfortune against Bloodthursty Sharks when her screen froze on her, then she was suddenly in the middle of freakin Etherblade Lake! O_O

yeah...

Anyone have anything like that happen to them? It was kinda weird to be honest.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
It's not the years that matter, it's the milage that has true meaning. Do not spend your life trying to walk a mile in someone else's shoes. Walk the best path you can, and enjoy that journey.
And ladies... Save a cowboy, ride a brony!
Post edited by HadesHound - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Aizza - Harshlands
    Aizza - Harshlands Posts: 719 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I was in battle with my wife in the sea east of Misfortune against Bloodthursty Sharks when her screen froze on her, then she was suddenly in the middle of freakin Etherblade Lake! O_O

yeah...

I'm telling ya!

First it was the popcorn-FC-Dragons....

Then it was the murdering Snowmen...

Now.. its the Sharks!....

The game.... is turning the tables on us... shhhhhhh....

b:shocked
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    in PWI the game is starting to play you

I'm tellin' y'all, that's true.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    she teleported or her client view changed? o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Harpy_killer - Sanctuary
    Harpy_killer - Sanctuary Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    had similar issue in map1 oht, was auto-pathing going up to the center, and suddenly i appeared back to my start point but underground (exactly at 0 height)
    i think aizza is right tho xD
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    One time when speaking to the South Teleporter in Archosaur, I meant to teleport to Etherblade, but somehow I misclicked and teleported to North Archosaur.

I was in awe at my ability to misclick.
  • Broederjr - Lost City
    Broederjr - Lost City Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    had similar issue in map1 oht, was auto-pathing going up to the center, and suddenly i appeared back to my start point but underground (exactly at 0 height)
    i think aizza is right tho xD

this happens when you fly to high think max is 50 if you go higher and forward you glitch and appear in the ground .Me agrees with aizza to
  • Shadowphreak - Lost City
    Shadowphreak - Lost City Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Only major one I had was teleporting through wall in FC and somehow I missed the floor and fell through. ended up what seemed to be 1000ft under FC. It was green grass forever and no walls. However when I look up and saw the entire floorplan of FC. strange indeed. Felt like davy jones locker or somethign... b:sad
    Evolution: Dungeon Master > Bards Tale > Ultima > Archlord > Perfect World

Leader of faction: REJECTED | Recruiting FUBAR players since 2010 |FREE BEER

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mogwai
    mogwai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I've been wondering if we are under another, perhaps mild, DDoS attack...

cases include:

-severe lag, especially in towns, this is not news but its now horrendous. (i accredit some of this to casual users that have finally figured out how to run 2 clients, sooo they're probably running 4 >.> )
    -drop rates up & down like some wild pitch, despite being x2.
    -mysterious teleporting errors...anyone remember getting trapped in a large box or when you'd clearly click one destination & end up totally somewhere else?
    -forums lag, dunno about the rest of you but i've been having troubles.
    -random DC's are up again.
    -rubberbanding has also been on the rise.

i'm sure there's more, but that's all of the top of my head...

oh & the recent Archosaur server crash that i've heard no explanation for yet.
    mmorpg is R'lyehian for: Innumerable quantities of grown babies
    discussing & often complaining about the imaginary.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
  • Shadowphreak - Lost City
    Shadowphreak - Lost City Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Na,

It's called memory leaks on the servers. They just need to shutdown and reboot b:laugh
    Evolution: Dungeon Master > Bards Tale > Ultima > Archlord > Perfect World

Leader of faction: REJECTED | Recruiting FUBAR players since 2010 |FREE BEER

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Boartracker - Raging Tide
    Boartracker - Raging Tide Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    We all know the game glitches. We just have to play between the glitches.b:laugh

b:bye
  • Hideori - Lost City
    Hideori - Lost City Posts: 530 Arc User
    edited December 2011

yeah...

he/she will be banned for glitch exploit. end of story.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    mogwai wrote: »
    I've been wondering if we are under another, perhaps mild, DDoS attack...

cases include:

-severe lag, especially in towns, this is not news but its now horrendous. (i accredit some of this to casual users that have finally figured out how to run 2 clients, sooo they're probably running 4 >.> )
    -drop rates up & down like some wild pitch, despite being x2.
    -mysterious teleporting errors...anyone remember getting trapped in a large box or when you'd clearly click one destination & end up totally somewhere else?
    -forums lag, dunno about the rest of you but i've been having troubles.
    -random DC's are up again.
    -rubberbanding has also been on the rise.

i'm sure there's more, but that's all of the top of my head...

oh & the recent Archosaur server crash that i've heard no explanation for yet.

possible solution:
    - check which pc in house has torrents running on it.
    - check if someone else in house downloads something/watches streams online
    - if none of the above, check your wireless connection - maybe someone cracked it and enjoying your bandwith
    - of none of the above, reboot PC. Vista/XP combined with the stupid memory leaks the client has might give unholy pings. Add on top the servers that also have memory leaks and there you go, the recipe for success , lol.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mogwai
    edited December 2011
    possible solution:
    - if none of the above, check your wireless connection - maybe someone cracked it and enjoying your bandwith
    - of none of the above, reboot PC. Vista/XP combined with the stupid memory leaks the client has might give unholy pings. Add on top the servers that also have memory leaks and there you go, the recipe for success , lol.

i actually do happen to know what i'm doing...not all of these are happening to me, they are what i'm hearing abroad.

hear what i'm saying - these issues have been increasing in number over several weeks
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
  • HadesHound - Raging Tide
    HadesHound - Raging Tide Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    possible solution:

She was the only one home. Her puter was the only one running.
    I will mention to her that she needs to have her daughter check whether someone is stealing bandwidth possibly. They have a new router, and they have been having issues ever since they got it. Granted, they were having issues before they went wireless, so I wonder if the issue could be crappy service from her ISP?

I know yesterday, I was having some severe lag issues myself, and I know that it was not my computer (checked) and it was not my internet connection. (was getting 14MB/s speed)

I suspect that it's the snowmen. They're p!ssed because the devs aint allowed them onto the servers, so they're trying to backdoor in.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's not the years that matter, it's the milage that has true meaning. Do not spend your life trying to walk a mile in someone else's shoes. Walk the best path you can, and enjoy that journey.
    And ladies... Save a cowboy, ride a brony!
  • mogwai
    edited December 2011
    YaY, another troll from RT >.>
    She was the only one home. Her puter was the only one running.

HE & try saying "puter" to an ex-wife..see how that goes over.
    I will mention to her that she needs to have her daughter check whether someone is stealing bandwidth possibly.

His daughterS aren't old enough to do that, & i am not wireless, besides i was the only one home anyways right?
    They have a new router, and they have been having issues ever since they got it.

MY router is 14 months old, & i have never had any issues with it.
    Granted, they were having issues before they went wireless, so I wonder if the issue could be crappy service from her ISP?

I was not having excessive issues b4 going wireless because i am not wireless. My ISP does not vary its service at any time of day or night.
    I know yesterday, I was having some severe lag issues myself, and I know that it was not my computer (checked) and it was not my internet connection. (was getting 14MB/s speed)

Your only saving grace.
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    It's not a glitch, it's a feature!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Synta - Dreamweaver
    Synta - Dreamweaver Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I relogged to refresh hypers in FC before. I logged back in on Stairway to Heaven b:shocked
    b:pleasedb:pleasedb:pleased
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Quick, erect the Panic Bunker walls around all the major Teleport Master NPCs! :<

I wonder how many people know what I'm talking about with that... <_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Steeling - Raging Tide
    Steeling - Raging Tide Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    In Perfect World International...
    Game Play You!
  • ZackBlade - Harshlands
    ZackBlade - Harshlands Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    One time was on a lowbie char and someone decided to put a huge box over the tele zone in one of the towns near etherblade!!!! Was soo pissed i had to take teh really long way around!b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    78 Mystic ZackMystic
    62 Psy, ZackPyschic (Fail spell)
    95 BM ZackBlade
    Actively Inactive
    Exiirah made this purely awesome signature b:pleased Many thanks to her
    Decided to start using my main for forums.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    It's not a glitch, it's a feature!
    so is the no clothes glitch >>... i mean feature
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Erryne - Sanctuary
    Erryne - Sanctuary Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Quick, erect the Panic Bunker walls around all the major Teleport Master NPCs! :<

I wonder how many people know what I'm talking about with that... <_>

Ah, this one. Once teleported to one of the major town when it was being raged on on WC to see how it looked inside. To my knowledge, it's a remain of the unutilised monthly race, to prevent using teleport to cheat or something. From the F2P point of view, make no sense with telestone, but guess it's just like those lv110 potions which drops at time. The theory about why it spawn at random is a bored GM having fun or simply pressing the wrong button and not realising it before a few minutes. b:chuckle
  • Zenorx - Harshlands
    Zenorx - Harshlands Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    @OP, sounds like a GM teled her, perhaps on purpose or perhaps entered the wrong ID whilst trying to tele someone else, who knows? There are a lot of characters tho and the ID's are now very long of each char so I think perhaps the GM entered the wrong number?
    One time was on a lowbie char and someone decided to put a huge box over the tele zone in one of the towns near etherblade!!!! Was soo pissed i had to take teh really long way around!b:angry
    That's actually an "event" built into the game that can be activated at any time by GM's, I have NO idea why the hell the devs would build in something that put boxes around teleporters but apparently they did.

It happened on Harshlands once, to the Lost City tele platform