Archer blades

child0ftardis
child0ftardis Posts: 4 Arc User
edited December 2011 in Archer
i gots a lvl 8 archer duel weilding blades..... where do we go from here?
Post edited by child0ftardis on

Comments

• snufalufaguss
    snufalufaguss Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Invest in a bow?
  • child0ftardis
    edited December 2011
    nah cant... i rock with the duel blades
  • child0ftardis
    edited December 2011
    any more input?
  • laloner
    laloner Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    This is why archers so often **** up their stats. Bow damage is so puny at low levels.
    AKA PermaSpark, Heartshatter
  • child0ftardis
    edited December 2011
    how so? what do you mean?
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Yes, Go to your character menu, click on your archer, and find the option labeled "Delete". Click it, then immediately close out of game completely. Don't log on for 7 days-this part is important.

Alternatively, you can follow the path leading North out of Plume, and keep going up until you reach an area called "Arrowhead". Go up to the nearest Bull-like Mob and slash at it with your swords. He may kill you the first time, causing you to spawn in a nearby city. Do not let this break your powerful spirit. Continue to go out and slash at the Bull, he will die eventually.

....OR

You can just get a bow.

Good luck b:victory
  • XThexDoctorX - Archosaur
    XThexDoctorX - Archosaur Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    wait............. dose that mean i screwed up my character?!??!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!!??!?!b:shocked b:shocked b:shocked
    edited December 2011
    P.S. not deleating the doctor... not gunna happen.... btw my duel blades kick ***
    edited December 2011
    OK on a serious note.

Get a bow. Stat pure dex(4 str points higher than ur level, rest in dex)

And learn to play with your bow. You can use your shell when it becomes available to you to take less damage when mobs reach you. When your slow becomes available it will be useful too for a couple dozen or so levels.

Learn to kite. AKA Run, press shoot button quickly, keep running. Repeat. This should help you deal with low level weak bow damage. We've all been there.
    edited December 2011
    ok... thank you for the advice, i am going to keep a set of blades just for fun though...
  • Jin_Wang - Lost City
    Jin_Wang - Lost City Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    No do not listen to bloodrain about deleting ... You're stats are screwed up, but it can fix really easily... If you added 3 DEX in your build every level at least, and assuming you have added the rest in STR (unless you have added MAG... You will need to take those points off or restart archer like Bloodrain said). You are fine until level 13. You will have to use bows... If that bothers you too much, use a crossbow (but then again stash weapons are useful for that level, no need to buy anything). I used to have an axe archer (with arcane robes) just because I was really bored, but then deleted him. I am not sure swords may be back up for melee if you run out of ammo or something (winged pledge spam), but still. If you really want sword (on an archer?) as a main weapon, use a warrior or seeker. If as a secondary weapon, fine (good luck).

Another tip: Bloodrain proved it right if you want faster killing, go 1 STR and 4 DEX every level if you want to deal more damage. Then again it is up to you, as long as you have enough DEX and STR for your bows / light armor and not spend a single point on magic ... If you like swords so much, then go ahead with 2 STR / 3 DEX until level 45, if you do not like your build, then don't add any more STR.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • snufalufaguss
    edited December 2011
    I say stick with the dual blades. Go str/vit build. You will totally be wanted for any situation at later levels. This is so genius.. I wonder why nobody has thought of it until now.
    edited December 2011
    ok, how do you take points fom skills?
  • snufalufaguss
    edited December 2011
    Pay moneys. In boutique there are reset scrolls.
  • Jin_Wang - Lost City
    edited December 2011
    ok, how do you take points fom skills?

No, you take points from your build. Which is a reset note, but if you only have 5 magic (white number), don't bother buying taking points from your build. If you only added strength and dexerity, then you can fix it with a certain build that you feel more comfortable with just by leveling up. Just remember, at level 11, you should have at least 35 DEX (white number) so you can equip your ranged weapons.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2011
    these are my stats

Vit. 14 Mag.17
    Str. 15 Dex.14

i have been using the duel blades for most of my leveling and they have seemed to work well sofar.....
    any suggestions?

also what about my genie?....
  • Jin_Wang - Lost City
    edited December 2011
    these are my stats

Vit. 14 Mag.17
    Str. 15 Dex.14

i have been using the duel blades for most of my leveling and they have seemed to work well sofar.....
    any suggestions?

Ouch, 17 magic? I suggest you restart your archer... Too much magic points in your build. Trust me, you will have to restart. Plus your DEX is too low. At level 8, it should have been 26 DEX...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lenestro - Sanctuary
    Lenestro - Sanctuary Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    these are my stats

Vit. 14 Mag.17
    Str. 15 Dex.14

any suggestions?

also what about my genie?....

lol, so back on the subject of character deletion
  • snufalufaguss
    edited December 2011

Lol. You are only level 8. A melee glaive build would do alright at that level.
  • Jin_Wang - Lost City
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry, but I agree, you will have to restart archer...

You have ok STR, a little bit much STR actually for light armor and too low for latest dual swords. As I have stated, gaining 7 levels means 14 more STR added in free stats...

VIT means sacrificing your damage for 13 HP per VIT and some overall defense multiplier (that's ok if you want survival)... But putting VIT with sword back up is not going to work once you even get to level 20, if you reach there that is.

Your DEX is too low, you are missing 12 DEX which is why you are fed up with bows. You have to update your weapon. It does not matter if your using swords, bows or whatever weapon (physical please) is out dated. It will no longer be useful as previous levels.

Having MAG is a big no-no, why would you add magic on an archer? Its like trying to cast spells from shooting a gun and it doesn't even work.

Next time, every time you level

Add at least 1 STR, and 3 DEX, you will do fine if you keep up with your weapons at least... However, 1 STR / 4 DEX every level is recommended by archer guides for excellent reasons. Do not add any points into magic, no matter how low your MP is (get MP+ light armor if you need MP).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2011
    what do i do about ammo?
    edited December 2011
    what do i do about ammo?

save the ammo you get as drops, and you can supplement your supply by buying the lowest arrows available at a blacksmith. Do not buy anything but the lowest level ammo for PvE.
    edited December 2011
    ok, so i have my bow..... i got it from a quest and i equiped it and it **** waiiii harder than the dule blades
  • Skilzman - Heavens Tear
    Skilzman - Heavens Tear Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    You are to stuppid and not allowed to play this game anymore.
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Look. My main is a cleric, but I do have an archer alt, so I'm going to give you some advise. Get a bow your level as your weapon. Also, investing in a slingshot as well may help. It does have a fast firing rate. I understand that you like the duel blades. Believe me, I had them on my cleric as I was leveling. Then I realized one important thing....I could not use any skills with them. You're an Archer. You specialize in ranged combat. You may think that the duel blades kick a**, but the truth is that at that level, you can hold about any weapon, and it will kick @**. For my archer alt,...I had a set of duel blades as well. The reason...in the starting area you can do anything , and you won't die. Heck, I've seen clerics whack mobs with thier wands, and archers whack mobs with swords, and wands that they found.

Use a bow and slingshot It will make your life easier.

Also, restart your character. You're level 8, and that 17 statted magic is going to haunt you later on. (The only way ro fix it is to pay, and we're trying to save you that trouble.) The archer guides have some good info on how to stat your character, which skills to aim for, and what armor to go for. (LA). So take the time to read them, and it'll help you out a lot.

Take care, and good luck in game.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • CrypticEgo - Harshlands
    CrypticEgo - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Lmfao, you guys got trolled so hard. I mean the first clue was his his opening sentence.

"i gots a lvl 8 archer duel weilding blades..... where do we go from here?" <----troll

Second and most overwhelming clue was his stats he listed...

Vit. 14 Mag.17
    Str. 15 Dex.14

He is only lvl 8. He CAN'T have those stats LOLOLOL.

I applaud you XThexDoctorXb:victory
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Our first chars all had stat mistakes, yes? <_< Of course we did, because everyone was too lazy at first to go on the forums and read the guides. Doesn't mean he's trolling.
    Vit. 14 Mag.17
    Str. 15 Dex.14

He is only lvl 8. He CAN'T have those stats LOLOLOL.

Uh, actually he has the correct amount of points for a lvl8 char.

Stats minus the original 5 starting points.

Vit. 9 Mag. 12
    Str. 10 Dex. 9

Added together = 40

40 / 5 = 8

...Of course, this math is pointless, because his stats are still bad.

I've been in the archer forums for too long tonight, my mathematician is showing. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • Angelstealth - Harshlands
    Angelstealth - Harshlands Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    roll a seeker before u hurt urself kid.