Event Gold

Options
MrMelvin - Heavens Tear
MrMelvin - Heavens Tear Posts: 388 Arc User
edited December 2011 in General Discussion
What is the point of Event Gold?

If anyone has looked in there, there is nothing of use in there at all. Bronze & Silver charms [like anyone uses those] fashions which aren't up to date, no random dyes, flying mounts all below 2.5, you can't even buy teles in there.

I have 143 event gold to use but there is nothing to use it on! Will the events shop be updated soon? can we have random dyes put in there please? [42 random dyes needed to do my set and HT prices of around 350k per random is insane! 14m and I probably won't get the colour I like anyway so pfft]

Please? I don't ask for much and I have been a very very good boy this year Mr PWI Claus :) [haven't PK'd a single person]
Post edited by MrMelvin - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Pyrostormz - Raging Tide
    Pyrostormz - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    FASHION!!!!

or the lowbie charms, or refining aids
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • Ecatomb - Harshlands
    Ecatomb - Harshlands Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Free smilies b:victory
    ecatomb.net/pwi/

Skill Database - Item Database - Character Simulator
    Baby Pet - Rare Pet - lvl100 Pet - Quest
    Screenshot of: Fashion - Mount - Armor - Weapon
  • Tiare - Lost City
    Tiare - Lost City Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Free smilies b:victory

This b:cute
    b:bye
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Refine stones? Useless?

You should re-evaluate your priorities and stop complaining about good things.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Why you need random dyes if you can get them from DQ`s for 500 points a dye? Besides fash, charms are nice for people who are not re tarded csers, it HELPS! b:bye
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Why you need random dyes if you can get them from DQ`s for 500 points a dye?

Some people are obtaining Event Gold from buying Dragon Orb +10 through the promotion, thereby having absolutely, positively nothing to do with DQ points whatsoever, making your question fairly irrelevant.
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Some people are obtaining Event Gold from buying Dragon Orb +10 through the promotion, thereby having absolutely, positively nothing to do with DQ points whatsoever, making your question fairly irrelevant.

Ok Fine, he can still grind DQ`s it`s fast to accumulate 50k during 2x points, complaining he got FREE demon/sage cards apparently from buying 5 pack.. seriously?
  • ToneiLuL - Heavens Tear
    ToneiLuL - Heavens Tear Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Refines..b:angry
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with the fashion in there, and it can be account stashed. So if you have a lowbie alt that you rarely play but who you'd still like to dress up, you can. There is also refining aids, charms, smileys, flyers, mounts, and even fireworks if that floats you're boat. Of course it isn't going to be their premium stuff, it's free. And why would there be random dye in the event boutique? At the moment it's in the DQ point system, even if you got your event gold another way; it don't change the fact that they already put a free and viable way for you cheaply dye your clothing in to the game. I mean, get creative. Put the huntress top that you buy with the pirate pants in the boutique and you've saved money on a cute outfit. Use the refining aids to get you're gear +4-5 (forgot when it's best to use d.orbs instead) for free. Use it to lower your costs instead of complaining about free stuff. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • lordmot
    lordmot Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    You may scoff at the silver charms, but when they are essentially free (just have to do halfway decently in the celestial tiger event), saves a mil or two for a platinum charm -- and don't forget those handy little teleport stones. For me the ability to be almost anywhere on the map instantly is worth a bunch.

I do agree that random dyes would be sweet though. I get tired of killing spiders by the hundreds, just to dye my chrono bike white (yes, I did...of all things to get pure white on!)
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.b:chuckle
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    Arenaceous - Lost City Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I gotta agree with Decus. 50 free tienkang/tisha is just too good to skip it. Along with cheap mirages refining is as cheap as never before lol. You can generally +5 or even +6 a part for like 2-5M coins if you have average luck (Did not do the math, it's just experience, so don't scold me Decus :P). Today I +6 my girlfriends cube neck with 13 mirages, 2 tienkans and one tisha. Ok that's super lucky, but still. 150k from +0 to +6, yes please.
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."

"Some have said there is no subtlety to destruction. You know what? They're dead."

- Jaya Ballard, Task Mage
  • DemansPsy - Lost City
    DemansPsy - Lost City Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    refined all my gear form +0-7 and my alts gear from +0 - 6/7 using the tienkangs and tishas from event goldb:victory, demon/sage cards are a god send imo
    full 3r9 +11/12 (still using immac shards though) w/o CSing, leveled to 105 spaming pv, yes i have no life =D
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Personally, I've used event cards for Tienkangs to refine my gear and to buy silver charms.

All of my gear is a minimum of +5 and I'll be upgrading to +6 soon. All of it with Tienkangs gained from Event Gold.

And the silver charms are also nice. I've never been a fan of charms, but looking at how slowly I deplete a Silver HP charm, I figure if I were to buy a platinum HP charm, it'd last me long enough for me to get at least the value of another charm just from doing BH/OHT daily/grinding/nirvana.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • ZackMystic - Harshlands
    ZackMystic - Harshlands Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Used mine for lovebird fash, and for some refine aids. not much besides those kinds of things!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    78 Mystic ZackMystic
    95 BM ZackBlade
    Retired in March 2012, thx DarkNova for the fun.
    Exiirah made this purely awesome signature b:pleased Many thanks to her
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Refine stones? Useless?

You should re-evaluate your priorities and stop complaining about good things.
    hes new, obviously hes been buying the orbs and skipping them refine helpers b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • MrMelvin - Heavens Tear
    MrMelvin - Heavens Tear Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    hes new, obviously hes been buying the orbs and skipping them refine helpers b:shutup

I'm actually not new. Been playing since CB.

I already have gear for 100+ to use for arcane uses all +7. I already have d-orbs waiting for my R8 mystic gear so literally there is nothing else in the event shop that is of use to me right now which is why I would like to see random dyes in there or at least some more fashions/flying mounts.

So yeah I can say those refine stones are useless for me.

I would farm DQs to buy dyes from DQ points but I generally don't have the time to sit down for hours and play the game right now. I can just about get online for 1 FF run at the most or 1 BH run.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    What is the point of Event Gold?

If anyone has looked in there, there is nothing of use in there at all.

You never qualified your initial statement about how the points pertained to you. You made a generalization. That is why everyone has responded the way they did.
    I gotta agree with Decus. 50 free tienkang/tisha is just too good to skip it. Along with cheap mirages refining is as cheap as never before lol. You can generally +5 or even +6 a part for like 2-5M coins if you have average luck (Did not do the math, it's just experience, so don't scold me Decus :P). Today I +6 my girlfriends cube neck with 13 mirages, 2 tienkans and one tisha. Ok that's super lucky, but still. 150k from +0 to +6, yes please.

I miss ya, Xeg. b:thanks
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I'm actually not new. Been playing since CB.

I already have gear for 100+ to use for arcane uses all +7. I already have d-orbs waiting for my R8 mystic gear so literally there is nothing else in the event shop that is of use to me right now which is why I would like to see random dyes in there or at least some more fashions/flying mounts.

I would farm DQs to buy dyes from DQ points but I generally don't have the time to sit down for hours and play the game right now. I can just about get online for 1 FF run at the most or 1 BH run.

What d.orbs do you have specifically? You might be able to sell the d.orbs at a higher price and use the refining aids on your rank 8 gear. Also, if you have any pieces of fashion that aren't in the color you want that are also available in the event boutique, you could always get one from the event boutique and sell off the tradeable fashion to buy the dyes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • magicsabre
    magicsabre Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    What d.orbs do you have specifically? You might be able to sell the d.orbs at a higher price and use the refining aids on your rank 8 gear...

You can be sure, that you can't sell "d.orbs at a higher price" if those orbs are in sale at CS (had not been in game, so not know if you can buy cheap D.Orbs or Golden Eggs or some Packs with Dragon Orbs now).
    You can't be sure, that you will be able to refine your gear from +7 to +8 using "refining aids".

You can spend all Mirages and "refining aids" that you have with +0 result.
    ...Today I +6 my girlfriends cube neck with 13 mirages, 2 tienkans and one tisha. Ok that's super lucky, but still. 150k from +0 to +6, yes please.

If anyone would be able to do it for 150k and "refining aids", then +1 Dragon orbs would cost 10k may be.
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    For many of us its a God send. I havent bought a charm since the system came into effect and I think its great.
  • jealousof2hotmen
    jealousof2hotmen Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Lol...there's lots of things in bounq you can spend your gold on refining is for one, better then buying for much more from catshoppers..:L b:victory
  • magicsabre
    magicsabre Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Lol...there's lots of things in bounq you can spend your gold on refining is for one, better then buying for much more from catshoppers..:L b:victory
    100% useful Dragon Orbs only.

And they are not in Event boutique.
  • Mayatheia - Heavens Tear
    Mayatheia - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    free smilies. free charms for tw. yeah i rather use free silver hp charm than pay 3-5mil for a plat and waste half of it in pve. refine adds. fashion i wanted but never really got motivated to spend cs gold for it.
    leaving all these apart, when you get something for free you do not ask what the hell should i do with it??? you take it and figure by yourself how you can make a better use of it. it is free afterall!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When people walk away from you, let them go... your destiny is never tied to anyone who leaves you.. and it doesn't mean they are bad people.. It just means that their part in your story is over...
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    well... in the end its not our loss o.o however way you choose to deal with the event gold
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan