So....

Options
_Raido - Archosaur
_Raido - Archosaur Posts: 42 Arc User
edited December 2011 in Wizard
I was wondering if Rank8+10 is decent for TW.

I was also wondering what skills I should prioritize after my 3 pokes, Blink, barrier, and phoenix.

A while ago I rolled a sin, but now I wanted a TW toon because Sins blow for TW unless you're R9+12 and roflAoE everyone.

I was needing 2 genie builds.

One for TW/Other for PvE

Keep in mind I can refine my weapon to +10 eventually, and will probably have +5 armor with immac HP shards until I can aim for JoSD +10 armor +12 R9 wep.

I was told not to shard garnets at endgame because of returns.

If anyone has anything further to add, please let me know. I've been slowly learning and planning out my wizard to turn out awesome.

Thanks.
Post edited by _Raido - Archosaur on

Comments

• HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    well, in theory you have range and uhm can hurt/1shot people of your gear or common aps builds full+10ish

but well, good luck on any r9 class that is not light armor unjaded

hence theres more and more rank9, hex (rank8+10 partial+10 mostly +5 armor)
    dies more, and kills less

OK, it could be 2 fps on this laptop, making me AD/IG/Sutra after i die all the time
    but there is a general dying fast on rank8

i still am under the impression, that i had a much much better kill/death ratio back in the time when i was weilding my +7 tt99 gold

ps: jades will soon cost as much as getting full r9~~~~
    i like potato
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I was wondering if Rank8+10 is decent for TW.
    In arch it definitely is. If you were rolling in LC or HT that might be debatable, but in arch you'll do fine.
    I was also wondering what skills I should prioritize after my 3 pokes, Blink, barrier, and phoenix.
    Tbh I wouldn't even say phoenix is a high priority skill to level since level one gives you the knockback you need, but if you personally want to level it that's fine.
    Anyways, after you level said skills to 10, you'll want to start leveling your masteries and harder hitting skills.
    I'd personally recommend leveling sandstorm, your earth mastery, and mountain sieze before you level your other hard hitting skills. Reason?
    First of all, for leveling your wizard you'll be in FC a lot. FC bosses are water, so having strong earth attacks is always a plus. Also, mountain sieze is, in my opinion, the best ultimate for pulls in FC. It does excellent damage, albeit less than BT or BIDS, as well as aoe stuns.
    Other than that, you'll want to decide when you want to level glacial snare, hailstorm (your only long ranged no spark aoe), other ultimates, masteries, etc.
    I was needing 2 genie builds.
    Well for TW I'm a firm believer that your genie should have cloud eruption. Spamming ultimates is what wizards are best at. It's not our only use, but it is our best one, so maintaining sparks is important. Side note: that being said, you should be sage since you want your wiz for TW. The 50 chi a min, sage pyro, lower chi cost on distance shrink, and BIDS are all amazing for TW.
    Also for TW you'll definitely want Frenzy, since it increases your own attack levels, and therefore makes your ultimates better.
    Extreme poison is also a good skill, but depends on your taste and what you think you'll be doing. I'm personally on cata kill squads occasionally, so having an amp that's useful for my whole squad is nice
    Fortify is another good skill to have. Use it before you cast an ultimate and you can't be stunned mid-cast.
    Holy path is a must for TW as a wizard. Use it when you find yourself being attacked so you can quickly retreat. Also useful for sprinting into enemy lines, using fortify, popping an IG, and landing an ultimate on a huge crowd of players b:cute
    Lastly you'll want AD or expel. They're basically your oh **** button. I'd normally recommend expel in general pvp for wizards, but in TW there's a lot of casters you have to worry about, and AD can help your squad mates too, so I'd personally go with AD for a TW genie.

For PvE just make sure you have a dex genie with expel for pulls, and extreme poison for bosses. Other skills are up to you. Cloud eruption can be useful, so can second wind. Like I said though, it's up to you.
    I was told not to shard garnets at endgame because of returns.
    That's correct. That being said, make sure you have good ornaments.
  • Nurfed_You - Harshlands
    Nurfed_You - Harshlands Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    i disagree that you should be sage for tw. pick the culti that suits you best adn roll with it. wizards generally do well in tw due to lag and sheer number of ppl. long channel skill towards some laggy person~~~>they never know what hit them.

TW/PvE Genie:
    imho its pretty simple. any 61+lp genie is fine. AD cloud erupt frenzy(matters less now then it did) xpoison holy path fortify

have around 150 stamina maybe a little less. and pump magic after that. makes your genie very spammable chi=win being able to to amp/run/AD soon after a cloud erupt is always a good thing. good thing about having such general skills on your genie are that they are all useful for pve.

side note: if you decide to go out and pvp and make a dex/badge genie. you may need to switch out genies some during tw if bms are focus stunning you, or you notice ppl concentrating you down. makes for an easier getaway then just AD.

Anyways good luck and have fun with yoru wizzie
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Raido - Archosaur
    edited December 2011
    Options
    So TW genie's going to be

Cloud Eruption
    Holy Path
    Absolute Domain
    Badge of Courage?
    Fortify? (R9 wiz told me only to get if I could tank the hits)

With focus on 50vit, 25mag, rest into Dex?

If I didn't need courage I'd probably just pump my points into Mag, because I would probably die alot.b:cry

Also, Doesn't leveling knock back increase the knockback range?
    edited December 2011
    Options
    So TW genie's going to be

Cloud Eruption
    Holy Path
    Absolute Domain
    Badge of Courage?
    Fortify? (R9 wiz told me only to get if I could tank the hits)

With focus on 50vit, 25mag, rest into Dex?

If I didn't need courage I'd probably just pump my points into Mag, because I would probably die alot.b:cry

Also, Doesn't leveling knock back increase the knockback range?

Not badge of courage, for a TW genie anyways. It's definitely necassary for 1v1 PvP though. You maybe need extreme poison, and definitely need frenzy.

Well as I said, you don't need badge so put more points into mag. You want your genie restoring energy like crazy so you can spam genie skills, most importantly cloud eruption.

And I think it's doesn't level the knockback range as in the amount of space the target is knocked back. I think leveling it increases the range of targets the aoe damage can hit directly behind the primary target.
  • _Raido - Archosaur
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Not badge of courage, for a TW genie anyways. It's definitely necassary for 1v1 PvP though. You maybe need extreme poison, and definitely need frenzy.

Well as I said, you don't need badge so put more points into mag. You want your genie restoring energy like crazy so you can spam genie skills, most importantly cloud eruption.

And I think it's doesn't level the knockback range as in the amount of space the target is knocked back. I think leveling it increases the range of targets the aoe damage can hit directly behind the primary target.

What about a PvE Genie then?

Also, when should I notice a major damage increase?

Sorry for the questions, But if I don't ask I'll never learn.b:surrender
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    Arenaceous - Lost City Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    For TW, i am thinking about a pure vit/mag genie with:

AD
    CE
    Frenzy
    HP
    Soul Of Fire
    Oxygen Bubble

I don't know how this is on other servers, but I mostly die to other wiz and psys in TW. And Oxygen Bubble along with stone barrier is an excellent way to make yourself immune to psys. Also works on that random sage bids. SoT is more debateable, but nowadays BT is the most spammed ulti in TW. You could also get fortify instead of sot, but idk if the affinities match well enough. Against Earth spells you are generally fine, just be careful not to get targeted by archers too much, shrink back out of range once they target you. You could seal them first, but they often have higher range than you...
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."

"Some have said there is no subtlety to destruction. You know what? They're dead."

- Jaya Ballard, Task Mage
  • _Raido - Archosaur
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Yeah, but what about a PvE genie? Is there any skills I'd find useful genie wise for it?
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    Arenaceous - Lost City Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    PvE genie could be similar to TW one. CE, AD, HP and frenzy/extreme poison are useful in PvE as well. i woudl also get Expel for PvE since it can be really neat to expel yourself with Dragon's Breath up. Makes tanking many physical mobs that much easier.
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."

"Some have said there is no subtlety to destruction. You know what? They're dead."

- Jaya Ballard, Task Mage
    edited December 2011
    Options
    What about a PvE Genie then?

Also, when should I notice a major damage increase?

Sorry for the questions, But if I don't ask I'll never learn.b:surrender

Check my first post, I went over what a pve genie should have. But Arena is right as well. Usually a pve genie just has expel instead of AD.

And you can expect a major damage increase at 90+
This discussion has been closed.