How would you lvl manufacturing skills.

_Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear
_Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear Posts: 562 Arc User
edited December 2011 in General Discussion
Back when i lvled my manufacturing skills i always thought it was fun farming the mats needed and was alwas looking forward to lvling up so i could lvl up my manufacturing skills.
So do all you new players/people just getting into manufacturing do you do it the same as i did or would you just buy the pack that lets you lvl the skill up?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
_Mg_Zr - level 100 sage Barb / level 101 demon r9 aps barb on Harshlands
Mg_Zr - level 100 demon Psychic
_mg_zr_ - level 100 demon Blademaster
|\/|erlin_ 7x Wizard
Makaveli_ - 8x Harshlands sin
Post edited by _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Well...this is Pack World International, so take a guess!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Manufacturing boxes are a waste of money unless you want to go all the way to 8 (which is only used for TT100 blacksmithing) or doing apoth without a faction that owns 1k streams. A box would cost like what? 50 mil now? You can get a manufacturing skill to 7 for roughly 10 mil depending on your luck with the 2* quests.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SharkAngel - Heavens Tear
    SharkAngel - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Ive done it the old way, and Ive got level six of all but apothecary so far. It was a fun (and sometimes infuriating when getting those two-star items) challenge. It feels good to think about the effort I put into getting those skills and I smile when I look at some of the gear Ive made.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    rather buy the pack when it hits 15gold sale..why cause you gonna spend that much prob getting to max lvl anyways..oh well
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • XZlox - Raging Tide
    XZlox - Raging Tide Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    i leveled up my Tailor to lvl 6 so i can make my Nirvana -int legs and i farmed my mats.
  • JuFranz - Raging Tide
    JuFranz - Raging Tide Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I have level my blacksmith/tailor/craft all level 7 without buying from packs. And i'm working on gathering mats now to level my blacksmith to level 8.

When it comes to luck on manufacturing 2*, there are 3 simple things i can share to be successful based on my experience

a) gather all mats as much as possible, don't manufacture 1 or 2 item, its not worth it
    b) make sure nobody is around when you manufacture things, not even in your mini map
    c) when you manufacture 2* try to queue like 4 to 5 or more and once you get the 2* just cancel the remaining queue

This is how i level my blacksmith/tailor/craft all to level 7 without buying from boutique

Good luck. b:victory
    Previously: Level 100 BM and I still enjoy farming to upgrade my gears b:victory

Now: At 101 still continue farming b:shutup
  • JuFranz - Raging Tide
    JuFranz - Raging Tide Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    rather buy the pack when it hits 15gold sale..why cause you gonna spend that much prob getting to max lvl anyways..oh well

It didn't cost me 15 gold to level my blacksmith/tailor/craft to level 7

All you need is patience. b:chuckle
    Previously: Level 100 BM and I still enjoy farming to upgrade my gears b:victory

Now: At 101 still continue farming b:shutup
  • NiightmareXz - Harshlands
    NiightmareXz - Harshlands Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    It would have been cheaper for me in the long run to buy the packs on sale for my manu skills, but at that time, they weren't even available so i ended up buying like all the mats to get my skills up to lv 4, then i quit, lol. But yeah if I do decide to level up the skills any more than 4, i'd prolly just buy the packs on sale and give them to my veno (my current main).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ˙buoɹʇs ǝq ןן,ı ʇɐɥʇ ɟןǝsʎɯ ןןǝʇ ı os
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    How did I level them? One level at a time. trollface.jpeg

No seriously though I'm doing it the old fashioned way and working on level 6 atm.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • HadesHound - Raging Tide
    HadesHound - Raging Tide Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I too have been doing it the old fashioned way. Gives me something to do and when I manage to make a 3* item, I can sell it in my catshop. Speaking of making stuff... I need to work on my Apoth and Rune skills and get them all up as well.

I kinda like being able to make my own stuff. Also, I have made stuff for my friends.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's not the years that matter, it's the milage that has true meaning. Do not spend your life trying to walk a mile in someone else's shoes. Walk the best path you can, and enjoy that journey.
    And ladies... Save a cowboy, ride a brony!
  • ItsAWolf - Archosaur
    ItsAWolf - Archosaur Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I got the packs while they were on sale (all but apo). I did the lvling the hard way on PW MS and couldn't be bothered to go that route again. The extra coins are definitely worth the extra hassle it would otherwise be, playing around with getting enough mats of each type, selling off the ones I didn't need anymore and all that 'fun'.
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I'm level 6 across the board, all the old way. Having said that, someone basically gave away a lvl 4 tailor book in AH which I sold for 6 times what I bought it for, so you win some and lose some.

I still cringe at the number of mats it took me to lvl to 4. Over 200 rough fur for starters.

Now seeing what it takes to get all 7's is intimidating. I'm saving all the mats I can in my banks so I'll do it one day.....
  • Atlantasia - Sanctuary
    Atlantasia - Sanctuary Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I haven't used any of the packs in the boutique and I have 7 Tailor/Blacksmith/Craftsman and Apoth 8, I farmed them the old fashioned way, but that was a very long process through many many alts leveling up and me just saving mats until I could. xD Working on lvl 8 blacksmith next, but its a slow process of saving the mats for it. :3
  • magicsabre
    magicsabre Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    To do crafting quests players must produce certain items.

But to level up intermediate levels of crafting player can craft any items of proper rank.

I myself produced TT weapons to level my blacksmith skill.

It was more cheap and easy to use TT materials instead of something else.

Edit:
    Since my Wizard was in TT once only, then I used auction house to buy TT materials.
  • _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear
    _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear Posts: 562 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    magicsabre wrote: »
    To do crafting quests players must produce certain items.

But to level up intermediate levels of crafting player can craft any items of proper rank.

I myself produced TT weapons to level my blacksmith skill.

It was more cheap and easy to use TT materials instead of something else.

Edit:
    Since my Wizard was in TT once only, then I used auction house to buy TT materials.
    Thats mostly how i lvled mine except i didnt buy the mats. People in my faction needed TT/mould gear made an i made it for them. Was a win win situation.
    And who doesnt agree its awsome when you see a random person wearing gear with your name on it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Mg_Zr - level 100 sage Barb / level 101 demon r9 aps barb on Harshlands
    Mg_Zr - level 100 demon Psychic
    _mg_zr_ - level 100 demon Blademaster
    |\/|erlin_ 7x Wizard
    Makaveli_ - 8x Harshlands sin
  • lordmot
    lordmot Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    It didn't cost me 15 gold to level my blacksmith/tailor/craft to level 7

All you need is patience. b:chuckle

What is the thing called "patience" of which you speak. I didn't think it was allowed any longer in this game, maybe even bannable as an exploit giving your wallet an unfair advantage over those of CSers.

BTW, Blacksmith, Apoth, lvl 7, Craftsman, Tailor lvl 8, all the old fashion way.b:victory
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.b:chuckle
  • Aizza - Harshlands
    Aizza - Harshlands Posts: 719 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Back when i lvled my manufacturing skills i always thought it was fun farming the mats needed and was alwas looking forward to lvling up so i could lvl up my manufacturing skills.
    So do all you new players/people just getting into manufacturing do you do it the same as i did or would you just buy the pack that lets you lvl the skill up?

It depends. For my main I used the packs, but for an alt on the same account (a digger), I had fun digging and farming her up to lvl 4 crafting (all).

It gave me something to do and a goal to aim for when I was bored.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    depends on which is cheaper when choosing.... i remember spending about 10m on leveling apoth the last level. Buying npc gear, decomposing, synth, repeat...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan