R9 Weapon

Options
Blade_aether - Lost City
Blade_aether - Lost City Posts: 141 Arc User
edited January 2012 in Barbarian
So this might sound like a QQ thread, and I am bracing for Sakubatou to jump all over this...

Barbarian R9, we get -.15 interval, and a poleaxe.

To be honest, I would actually prefer Blade Master Rank 9.

As a sage barb, I have never been too focused on interval, I like the idea of high spike damage...

Anyone actually compared the physical attack of the two weapons? The poleaxe falters in comparison...

Also, being sage I always feel as though I have no crit (15% to be precise) so an extra 5% from the wrists and the legs? I would certainly not mind.

I have thought it over for a long time, and I have difficulty seeing how if a Barbarian had Blade Master Rank 9, it would be over powered...

I am going to try to put a poll on this, to see if anyone else, like me would prefer dual axes and crit over interval n' such. How do I do a poll? Sheesh I am a forum nab...

Blade_Aether
POLL!
Post edited by Blade_aether - Lost City on

Comments

• Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    So this might sound like a QQ thread, and I am bracing for Sakubatou to jump all over this...

Rawr

Lol, this was discussed alot before R9 came out because, to be honest, the BMs all wanted the barb R9, too.

I think Barbs got the better armor pieces, BMs got the better weapon, and I think that's honestly how it should be (as rarely as I agree with PWI). Barb needed more damage and already have an aptitude for spike damage.

Poleaxe has lower dph but a greater attack rate, which averages out to be equal initially, but when barbs stack -int with their r9 gear they get a dps advantage. This increases barb damage output and barb aggro ability which is one things barbs really need. If you switched the gear they would have really insane spike damage and even further defenses, but poorer aggro ability and damage output. To me this is making a barbs already strong points stronger (defense, spike dph), and does nothing to assist them in their weak points of aggro holding. To me this would further the imbalance in the game that all the barbs already complain about and cause more of a decline in barb interest. Besides, very few things can survive a barb zerk crit with the poleaxe as it is.

BMs, on the other hand, feel squishy and 1 shottable by caster and archer R9 and need their armor even though it doesn't have -int like barbs do. They also don't have any insane damage skills, but a ton of great dps skill spamming. The R9 dual axes and crit % on their armor help them compete in pvp with spike dph.

That's my two cents. You and I differ on playstyle alot, I know. You prefer to focus on a barbs strength, I prefer to balance out their weaknesses, I think. And we both think we're right, but the reason I think I'm right is just because I'm covering my barbs areas of weakness I don't feel like I'm compromising its strengths too much.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear
    _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear Posts: 562 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I would prefer it if barbs had r9 dual axes over the poleaxe. I dont really care much about the armour. I mean **** its r9 even if it has some interval sats ( for barbs who dont use claws like me but spam skills instead :p) it still has good stats anyway though i would prefer to have the bm armour set for barbs and im sure alot of bms would prefer to have the bab r9 armour set.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Mg_Zr - level 100 sage Barb / level 101 demon r9 aps barb on Harshlands
    Mg_Zr - level 100 demon Psychic
    _mg_zr_ - level 100 demon Blademaster
    |\/|erlin_ 7x Wizard
    Makaveli_ - 8x Harshlands sin
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    in this case i agree i dont care to do dps i let the farmers keep it i want a better stats
    armor then intb:cry
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I kinda agree that it would be nice to have a, or some, choice when it comes to rank gear (8 or 9). Especially for the weapon type. I might be a loner on this, but always prefered polehammers. But unfortunately there are no nice polehammers for end game. Rank 8 has a stun add which I hate a lot, and G15 vana has pierce (which is even worse for a class with a -50% phys def debuff) or -requirement. Since r9 has such a huge set bonus, it's really "all or nothing".

On the -int for armor part, I agree it kinda sucks for barbs. After trying out -int build with fists, I went back to old fashion vit barb because I discovered it really wasn't worth it.

However, you seem to suggest being able to "choose" r9 parts of other classes. Which is not a great idea imo. The choice developpers made for your class aren't always what suits you best. I think the main problem is that there is no different gear option, that is just as good but just different. The main reason I put "no", is that I wouldn't like sins with archer leggings or bms with barb leggings. For barb only it probably wouldn't mind much, but on some other classes it might have horrible results (assuming you can't have ONLY barbs choose their r9 ofc).
  • RioNHale - Archosaur
    RioNHale - Archosaur Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    personnally id prefer the bm style r9 for my barb, i already have nirvana 2nd cast armors for interval and ****.. i dont need to spend extra on armor thats slightly better but virtually the same stats, for a large cost, however the crit rate increase of 5% is especially appealing, plus the dual axes spike damage, rawr!

if only there was armor specified to cultivation.

example, r9 sage barb weapon has 500 more physical attack than r9 demon barb, but r9 demon barb has 5% more crit? idk...

tbh demon barbs pwn sage barbs in so many ways, they win 1v1s 4/5 times due to incredibly reliable zerk crits, its frustrating when they spark with like 65% crit rate and gof... u know they are bound to pop 30k damage in a few hits with ease.

sage barb's 2k p.def a few k hp and a few hundred more physical attack isnt enough to counter some 20k high aps zerk crit auto attacks from demon barb sparks.

when I used to play my barb not a day went by when I didnt regret picking sage because of stuff like this.
    ★Immunity is an Arch Server TW Faction. If you want to join Apply @ immunity.shivtr.com★ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Inactive 19 Sept 2011-
  • Blade_aether - Lost City
    Blade_aether - Lost City Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    More votes please b:bye

Blade_Aether
    My Shift key is so messed up.
  • darklaw38
    darklaw38 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I have found this tool that adds unlimited ZEN for Perfect World! **************************
  • DracoSin - Lost City
    DracoSin - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    My opinion... I wish we had a choice on which weapon we got to use, armor is a little tougher to hammer out. I dont like poleaxes in any shape or form. But i would like to use the BM Duel axes cause damn those axes be sexy!
  • Must - Lost City
    Must - Lost City Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    personnally id prefer the bm style r9 for my barb, i already have nirvana 2nd cast armors for interval and ****.. i dont need to spend extra on armor thats slightly better but virtually the same stats, for a large cost, however the crit rate increase of 5% is especially appealing, plus the dual axes spike damage, rawr!

if only there was armor specified to cultivation.

example, r9 sage barb weapon has 500 more physical attack than r9 demon barb, but r9 demon barb has 5% more crit? idk...

tbh demon barbs pwn sage barbs in so many ways, they win 1v1s 4/5 times due to incredibly reliable zerk crits, its frustrating when they spark with like 65% crit rate and gof... u know they are bound to pop 30k damage in a few hits with ease.

sage barb's 2k p.def a few k hp and a few hundred more physical attack isnt enough to counter some 20k high aps zerk crit auto attacks from demon barb sparks.

when I used to play my barb not a day went by when I didnt regret picking sage because of stuff like this.

Dont forget demon poison fang.....