Less Female oriented items

Options
SubtleAsSin - Dreamweaver
SubtleAsSin - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
edited December 2011 in Suggestion Box
So I've been playing for a while now, and I've noticed something that frustrates me.

Nearly 90% of the items available in the boutique are female oriented, and this ranges from fashion, to mounts, to flyers, to emoticons etc. etc.

It just seems unfair that everything is bright and bubbly and colorful. I think a reasonable amount of males and females can agree that everything that comes out nowadays is too bright/cute and the like. Why can't there be more darker oriented items?

2 of the latest mounts released from the packs are:
Cosmos the Unicorn
Aurora

Both are prime examples of how everything is getting too bright/colorful

ok, you want to target a female audience, I get that. But at the cost of ignoring the male players? Can we PLEASE get some darker/evil or whatever you wanna call it items in the boutique?

I want to ride around on a mount that oozes acid, or has blood dripping from its mouth. I want fashion that appears damaged when you take a hit, like it gets tattered and repairs upon exiting combat. And most of all I don't want butterfly wings for the TB's :( that's just sad for me.

Imagine how many males would purchase items from the boutique if everything wasn't so unbalanced? this is just a suggestion, do what you will with it. I just hope that I'm not the only male out there who feels left out when it comes to these new mounts/flyers/fash
Post edited by SubtleAsSin - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• AnoSoro - Raging Tide
    AnoSoro - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I must agree with you. Everything that is new in game even this new classes is so gayish. So feminised...
  • laloner
    laloner Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Trannies are big spenders.
    AKA PermaSpark, Heartshatter
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Considering it's actually bannable to give a male tideborn facial hair, I'd have to agree that PWI is extremely focused with femininity. Hell, all male characters are forced to wear lip gloss and eye makeup that cannot be removed. I want new fashion sets with chest hair and tattoos!
  • Hideori - Lost City
    Hideori - Lost City Posts: 530 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    So I've been playing for a while now, and I've noticed something that frustrates me.

Nearly 90% of the items available in the boutique are female oriented, and this ranges from fashion, to mounts, to flyers, to emoticons etc. etc.

It just seems unfair that everything is bright and bubbly and colorful. I think a reasonable amount of males and females can agree that everything that comes out nowadays is too bright/cute and the like. Why can't there be more darker oriented items?

Cosmos the Unicorn
    Aurora

ok, you want to target a female audience, I get that. But at the cost of ignoring the male players? Can we PLEASE get some darker/evil or whatever you wanna call it items in the boutique?

I want to ride around on a mount that oozes acid, or has blood dripping from its mouth. I want fashion that appears damaged when you take a hit, like it gets tattered and repairs upon exiting combat. And most of all I don't want butterfly wings for the TB's :( that's just sad for me.

Imagine how many males would purchase items from the boutique if everything wasn't so unbalanced? this is just a suggestion, do what you will with it. I just hope that I'm not the only male out there who feels left out when it comes to these new mounts/flyers/fash

so its not even for females, its for faking children. last time I suggested to add some blood and gore in the game, but my tread was closed very fast. b:bye
  • Asgardeus - Sanctuary
    Asgardeus - Sanctuary Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Considering how many males play a female assassin or another class.. I don't think they are too bothered. lol

Also, I like it bright and colourful. Dark and shady games rather turn me off.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hideori - Lost City
    edited December 2011
    Options

go play pokemon b:bye
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited December 2011
    Options

Why must you be an insufferable troll? You expressed your opinion, and Asgardeus expressed theirs. Leave them be.

You could always go play another game to get the gore you require... but you insisted on posting a troll thread on the topic.

Just sayin'.b:shutup
  • Hideori - Lost City
    edited December 2011
    Options
    once you born troll you'll allways be troll. b:surrender
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited December 2011
    Options

If only that were a legitimate excuse...b:scorn
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMEe7JqBgvg

IJS
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • snufalufaguss
    snufalufaguss Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I always that most of the male fashion looked a bit too... how should I say... San Francisco-ish.
  • BlackStrider - Archosaur
    BlackStrider - Archosaur Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options

Cosmos the Unicorn
    Aurora

hey. cosmos the unicorn is friggin awesome. but i do agree, the only masculine things seem to be about half the untamed flyers and a few wings for the elves...and most of the mounts, if you think about it. the TB only have a couple good lookin wings, and honestly? genesis update is all green or glowing sparkly stuff. i understand eguard are the earth people, and so they would have the plants, but cmon. do we really need crystals glowin everywhere laggin up the game? then again, they could be overcompensating for makin all the fem gear and fash so ****. the only thing ive found so far that doesnt allow people to see up the skirt when carrying other than the dresses (which all show maximum cleavage) is the lvl 50-60 armor set.
    You just never know with venomancers. At least some have the decency (like me) to admit they are men...some are just creepy weirdos. About half are female, but you never know, do you? You'll have to trust your better judgement...
  • BlackStrider - Archosaur
    BlackStrider - Archosaur Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Considering it's actually bannable to give a male tideborn facial hair, I'd have to agree that PWI is extremely focused with femininity. Hell, all male characters are forced to wear lip gloss and eye makeup that cannot be removed. I want new fashion sets with chest hair and tattoos!

TB dont have facial hair for a reason, but the fact that i accidently reset my BM's colors when i first made him and then i couldnt give him normal lips, so he ended up looking like he was wearin peach colored makeup pisses me off. and why the hell do male chars have to wear eye makeup? b:infuriated NOT KEWL!
    You just never know with venomancers. At least some have the decency (like me) to admit they are men...some are just creepy weirdos. About half are female, but you never know, do you? You'll have to trust your better judgement...
  • Tekril - Dreamweaver
    Tekril - Dreamweaver Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    @ OP: And I think you're being sexist. They aren't for "females" as a sex sense(except fashions), they're "feminine" in a gender sense.

You know what frustrates ME? The lack of masculine fashions for females. I'm tired of my fem characters looking like prissy little bimbos. If I'm to have female characters, I want at least some of them to be MANLY.

Yeah, I know China's gender dress codes are ****, but whatever... b:surrender
    Go kill yourself.
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    edited December 2011
    Options
    TB dont have facial hair for a reason, but the fact that i accidently reset my BM's colors when i first made him and then i couldnt give him normal lips, so he ended up looking like he was wearin peach colored makeup pisses me off. and why the hell do male chars have to wear eye makeup? b:infuriated NOT KEWL!

Actually, there are plenty of male tideborn NPC's with facial hair, some of them huge and burly and manly as well. Only our player-created male tideborn are stuck with a face more feminine than Dolly Parton's ****.
    Considering how many males play a female assassin or another class.. I don't think they are too bothered. lol

Perhaps guys wouldn't play female assassin if they could make a male assassin that actually looked like a male and not some drag queen or bishounen fratboy. Of course, even if we were given more manly choices and facial hair options, it wouldn't cure the male tideborn of their awful Tide Form and Meditation form.
  • kruze999
    kruze999 Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options

Cosmos the Unicorn
    Aurora

Lets remember this stuff comes frome china..
    i would show an example but when i search for chinese.. anything.. i find only ****.
    Anyways the point is, i cant tell a difference betvene chinesse teens they all look like girls b:surrender no hard feelings.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Stereotyping D:
    Why is it considered female oriented just because its colorful, whereas masculine if dark and gory?

Does this mean you would wear a big frilly dress if it was dark and gory, because that would make it manly?

I would say the majority of in-game items are FANTASY oriented rather than female oriented <.>

And you know what? Many men are PROUD to ride around the streets of archo on their big *** chickens.

But yes. I certainly wouldn't mind some darker stuff. They should remodel PWI all apocalypsy like they said they would for next expansion. It will be like PW got a gritty reboot :>
  • XoOoOoX - Lost City
    XoOoOoX - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Stereotyping D:
    Why is it considered female oriented just because its colorful, whereas masculine if dark and gory?

Does this mean you would wear a big frilly dress if it was dark and gory, because that would make it manly?

I would say the majority of in-game items are FANTASY oriented rather than female oriented <.>

And you know what? Many men are PROUD to ride around the streets of archo on their big *** chickens.

But yes. I certainly wouldn't mind some darker stuff. They should remodel PWI all apocalypsy like they said they would for next expansion. It will be like PW got a gritty reboot :>
    if a man is wearing colorfull puffly wuffly clothes like [Sapphire full set] its not stereotyping or female oriantated... its ***
  • Tekril - Dreamweaver
    Tekril - Dreamweaver Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Stereotyping D:

Pink was actually considered a manly color hundreds of years ago, because it was a shade of red, which was associated with blood.

IJS. b:scorn
  • ZackMystic - Harshlands
    ZackMystic - Harshlands Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    my bm is male and i love too ride the elegant goldfish, and lol i know ur thinking im not straight but i am. Idk but that mount is funny to see peoples reactions to someone riding a very flamboyant and not very masculine mount.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    78 Mystic ZackMystic
    95 BM ZackBlade
    Retired in March 2012, thx DarkNova for the fun.
    Exiirah made this purely awesome signature b:pleased Many thanks to her
  • Solanon - Sanctuary
    Solanon - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    So you define manly as dark and gory? And feminine as colorful?

I prefer colorful (red, blue, sky blue, orange, yellow, lime) to dark and gory (black, brown, grey, green, maroon) Does that make me feminine?

I think femininity and masculinity are defined by something more than color.

Actually, I think it is sad that they need to be defined at all and we can't all just be happy liking whatever we feel like liking.
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    edited December 2011
    Options
    How colorful stuff ingame is has nothing to do with how feminine it is. It's the styles, the way it looks on male characters, multiple factors at play. Need I remind you of that hideous male fashion with the cat ears? When I first saw it on the home page backw hen it was first released, I thought it was a female character wearing a new female fashion. A few of the new male fashions have had that effect on me. To be honest, the sapphire set looks cool on my BM, but only cuz he's a huge manly man with a blonde Lemmy.

We need more masculine stuff in general, both for males and females. I want pants, non-heel shoes and more short hairstyles for females. I want body hair options for males and more facial hairs. I want to be able to turn off the lip gloss and eye makeup for male characters. If more importantly, I want The Ganondorf for a beard option.
  • AnnBlackfire - Archosaur
    AnnBlackfire - Archosaur Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    there is not much male stuff indeed. But the worst part is that there is no way for people without credit cards (or any accepted payment methods) to gain these items. Well unless you wish to pay a insane amount of coins in Archosaur city from someone that pretty much rips you off. I seen the cheap items that were a year (or longer) ago around 300k, are now easily 3 million instead! I can understand people wanting to gain a little, but shouldn't there be a way for everyone to gain items, instead of complaining only about male/female item ratio?

There are much bigger problems! Honest players being kept from the good stuff just because no one really gives them a chance to buy something nice for their characters! THAT is the problem, not the male/female ratio! lol b:victory
  • Seamen - Dreamweaver
    Seamen - Dreamweaver Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    laloner wrote: »
    Trannies are big spenders.

Lol at this comment
  • ZackMystic - Harshlands
    ZackMystic - Harshlands Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    So you define manly as dark and gory? And feminine as colorful?

I prefer colorful (red, blue, sky blue, orange, yellow, lime) to dark and gory (black, brown, grey, green, maroon) Does that make me feminine?

I think femininity and masculinity are defined by something more than color.

Actually, I think it is sad that they need to be defined at all and we can't all just be happy liking whatever we feel like liking.

Ya i get exactly waht your saying, there really isnt specific colors that define genders, why do genders even need to have such diffrent fashion?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    78 Mystic ZackMystic
    95 BM ZackBlade
    Retired in March 2012, thx DarkNova for the fun.
    Exiirah made this purely awesome signature b:pleased Many thanks to her