Nirvana Drops

Options
snufalufaguss
snufalufaguss Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2011 in General Discussion
What if there were no drops in Nirvana? Instead each character got a quest that awarded mats once it is finished. How would that affect the nirvana scene?
Post edited by snufalufaguss on

Comments

• DemansPsy - Lost City
    DemansPsy - Lost City Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    What if there were no drops in Nirvana? Instead each character got a quest that awarded mats once it is finished. How would that affect the nirvana scene?

it would make doing nirvana during 2x drops pointless, kinda like how doing gv for exp during 2x exp is pointless
    full 3r9 +11/12 (still using immac shards though) w/o CSing, leveled to 105 spaming pv, yes i have no life =D
  • razzzza
    razzzza Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Well..

No 4/5 aps squads spam WC while double drop

i Hate the nirvana "drop" system anyway..
    why drop such stupid chests instead of just one item at all?

here you have a HUGE chance, that the banker scamms you and when you see, whats got dropped, its a way lower chance.. i mean cmon

b:surrender
    m5k9ne4c.jpg
  • DemansPsy - Lost City
    DemansPsy - Lost City Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    razzzza wrote: »
    Well..

No 4/5 aps squads spam WC while double drop

i Hate the nirvana "drop" system anyway..
    why drop such stupid chests instead of just one item at all?

here you have a HUGE chance, that the banker scamms you and when you see, whats got dropped, its a way lower chance.. i mean cmon

b:surrender

run nirvana w/ friends to avoid scam, but ya im not sure y the boss doesnt jsut drop the actual item (w/ the appropratie % chacnes of which item could drop) instead of a chest you have to open.
    full 3r9 +11/12 (still using immac shards though) w/o CSing, leveled to 105 spaming pv, yes i have no life =D
  • razzzza
    razzzza Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    true but sometimes i run with a wc squad, nv run is pretty smooth but when it comes to the drops we got.. hmm b:embarrass

sometimes its just weird, when the banker only got 25~ cannies after 5 runs and other 35+

call it unlucky guy, call it scam, i have no idea

but i do know, that the guy, who thought:"gee we should drop a chest instead of the actual item from the bosses except the last one" should be slapped in the face.

There is NO reason, why the last boss drops the actual item and not drop a chest too (maybe Shining Chest? lol)..

what were they thinking b:shutup
    m5k9ne4c.jpg
  • snufalufaguss
    snufalufaguss Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    The chest thing is completely stupid and I think most would agree on that. What I am thinking about more than the scamming is squads vs solo/duo. If there were a quest rather than drops of any kind, then more the merrier right? Because everyone would get their own quest and own drops so having more would just make the runs go faster and the players still get the same drops regardless of the number involved.

The game is so solo/duo focused now. You can not get anywhere if you do things with a full squad. I was just thinking of a way that having more with you would be more beneficial than going alone (as it should be in any multi-player game).
  • Maiira - Sanctuary
    Maiira - Sanctuary Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    the scamming people is why i only run when most of the people in squad are friends that i trust that i run with regularly and an I'm Skype or vent with. if you don't want to be scammed make sure you know who your running with.. and if your thinking that 2 squads having radically different drops from same number of runs... consider the luck factor... or the unlucky factor. did 14 runs 1 day. and got 2 raps in total.

i personally would love the bosses to just have drops instead of chests though. or make the quest that lets you enter nirvana be timed so that it can only be completed every 30 minutes or something like that. would make it so that people would be more likely to take spell casters since them finishing in 5 minutes wouldn't matter.
    lvl101 LA/AA demon veno ftw, 15251 hp buffed, 13508 buffed pdef in human. able to use tt100 fists at 5 aps w/ genie. all from 2 years of work... WASTED
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    was fun while it lasted
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    the scamming people is why i only run when most of the people in squad are friends that i trust that i run with regularly and an I'm Skype or vent with. if you don't want to be scammed make sure you know who your running with.. and if your thinking that 2 squads having radically different drops from same number of runs... consider the luck factor... or the unlucky factor. did 14 runs 1 day. and got 2 raps in total.

i personally would love the bosses to just have drops instead of chests though. or make the quest that lets you enter nirvana be timed so that it can only be completed every 30 minutes or something like that. would make it so that people would be more likely to take spell casters since them finishing in 5 minutes wouldn't matter.

I support this idea. Bosses shouldnt drop chests, but just have implemented in them the % of what a chest would give and make it 100% chance they drop something from that list.

A timer would also be nice on the quest. Repeatable each 30 mins isn't that much of a deal I think and would incite people to invite less OP Melee/Casters.

I don't go to many squads and very few people I actually trust with chests.

Another idea, like it was suggested, would be that everyone should get a quest upon entering. Give , I dunno, 1 dim and 1 gold chest when end boss killed. And let end boss drop what he is dropping now (all can see). If afterwards people want to talk to each about who got what, deals could be made. It woudnt really change the runs in 2x either , as last boss would still drop 2 raptures or so and everyone would have a chance to get 2 craps or 2 cannnies.
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
  • DeepAqua - Heavens Tear
    DeepAqua - Heavens Tear Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I think the original INTENT was to keep chest random, and that person just keeps whats in it. Therfor it was also designed to control fthe flow of cannies to spacific people for spacific reason. The last boss was a bobby prize for those of us <poor>. who never seem to get any boxes during the actual run.

anyway thats my opinion