Dragoons, 105, and the new expansion

Burnout - Harshlands
Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
edited December 2011 in General Discussion
So PW-china implemented several new fixes to try to counter assassins with the new expansion, 2 of the major ones being the third eye for both the seeker, and the mystic.

Thing is, both of these relies on stealth detection, and 99% of the sins who matter on my server are lvl 105. There's maybe 2 lvl 105 earthguards on the entire server.

Mystic: reveals all stealthed sins in a 26 m radius. Sins higher lvl than the mystic will not be revealed.

Seeker: Increase stealth detection by 31. (which means 105 sins are out of reach for most seekers)

In addition, PWI has made detection pots easier to get, which also increases detection by 31.

The laughable thing is, PWI doesn't understand their own game. So now they put in more counters to sins, except the counter is useless, because all the sins are lvl 105 due to dragoons glitching anyway.

With the dragoons exp nerfed, there's no viable way to reach 105 for earthguards atm.

So is PWI planning to do anything to fix this? Or will the new 3rd eye be completely pointless to most earthguards because PWI once again is unable to fix major glitches in their own game?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
Post edited by Burnout - Harshlands on

Comments

• Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    i think their telling us to suck it up D:

the seeker stealth detection is a whopping 6 seconds so i honestly dont know how far the usefulness will extend.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • X_Rays - Sanctuary
    X_Rays - Sanctuary Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    When the level 105 sins quit the game, this problem will be solved. So how to make them quit? The devs gave the wizards a new skill called Arcane Light. b:sin
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    edited December 2011
    i think their telling us to suck it up D:

the seeker stealth detection is a whopping 6 seconds so i honestly dont know how far the usefulness will extend.

From what i saw in the skill descriptions from Asterelle's file, the seeker one is 8 seconds, while the mystic one is 6 seconds. although I'll admit that the mystic's detection skill seems far better despite the shorter duration.

Both are also instant-cast, so they can be used on-demand, while on the move, just like pots. I guess that'll help a little.

I can still imagine it will be one of the last skills EG's get, if they even get it, due to not being able to see 105 sins anyway if they pop it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    When the level 105 sins quit the game, this problem will be solved. So how to make them quit? The devs gave the wizards a new skill called Arcane Light. b:sin
    i wonder if your knocked back even after a stun ;o cause they like to stun first

From what i saw in the skill descriptions from Asterelle's file, the seeker one is 8 seconds, while the mystic one is 6 seconds. although I'll admit that the mystic's detection skill seems far better despite the shorter duration.

Both are also instant-cast, so they can be used on-demand, while on the move, just like pots. I guess that'll help a little.

I can still imagine it will be one of the last skills EG's get, if they even get it, due to not being able to see 105 sins anyway if they pop it.
    i wonder if 15sec is too much to ask ; ;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Shadowphreak - Lost City
    Shadowphreak - Lost City Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    These changes on the American servers will result in Mystics/Seekers being instantly added to KOS. Pk'd immediately after they leave SZ.

Well, that put their pk priority up. lol pk them, then stealth. lol

Nothing changes. You all will still die. b:laugh
    Evolution: Dungeon Master > Bards Tale > Ultima > Archlord > Perfect World

Leader of faction: REJECTED | Recruiting FUBAR players since 2010 |FREE BEER

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • X_Rays - Sanctuary
    X_Rays - Sanctuary Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    i wonder if your knocked back even after a stun ;o cause they like to stun first

The knock back triggers once every 16 sec after getting hit by a closed-ranged auto-attack. So if a sin opens with a stun, and immediately follows with auto attack, then the wizard will immediately be knocked back and be snapped out of stun. And this works once every 16 seconds indefinitely. So, GG 5aps BMs and Sins
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    edited December 2011
    The knock back triggers once every 16 sec after getting hit by a closed-ranged auto-attack. So if a sin opens with a stun, and immediately follows with auto attack, then the wizard will immediately be knocked back and be snapped out of stun. And this works once every 16 seconds indefinitely. So, GG 5aps BMs and Sins

Or a smart sin will just attack first to waste the proc, then tele-stun, then occult ice and kill the wiz anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    PW-CN does not allow hypers in FCC. This is on PWI's head alone. PW-CN will most likely ignore all the problems that PWI caused to itself.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • AnniVenna - Archosaur
    AnniVenna - Archosaur Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    PW-CN does not allow hypers in FCC. This is on PWI's head alone.

exactly
    so on PW-CN, this is a wonderful, useful update.
    Here? .... do I really even have to say it?
  • Ladyhellcatq - Dreamweaver
    Ladyhellcatq - Dreamweaver Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Does it really matter, is it really going to make things funner if everyone just switches to playing rank 9 +12 wizzards and psychics? Whichever is slightly more dominate is the one everyone gravitates to in any game.
  • Hideori - Lost City
    Hideori - Lost City Posts: 530 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    So PW-china implemented several new fixes to try to counter assassins with the new expansion, 2 of the major ones being the third eye for both the seeker, and the mystic.

Thing is, both of these relies on stealth detection, and 99% of the sins who matter on my server are lvl 105. There's maybe 2 lvl 105 earthguards on the entire server.

Mystic: reveals all stealthed sins in a 26 m radius. Sins higher lvl than the mystic will not be revealed.

Seeker: Increase stealth detection by 31. (which means 105 sins are out of reach for most seekers)

In addition, PWI has made detection pots easier to get, which also increases detection by 31.

The laughable thing is, PWI doesn't understand their own game. So now they put in more counters to sins, except the counter is useless, because all the sins are lvl 105 due to dragoons glitching anyway.

With the dragoons exp nerfed, there's no viable way to reach 105 for earthguards atm.

So is PWI planning to do anything to fix this? Or will the new 3rd eye be completely pointless to most earthguards because PWI once again is unable to fix major glitches in their own game?

it was pointless all this time.
  • CrusherJam - Dreamweaver
    CrusherJam - Dreamweaver Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    so wait? bring back dragoons so people can cheat to 105? interesting

i feel like this localization of PWI understands that there is money to be made here.

basically i don't feel like the game is screwed just that there will be a need for more stronger

content.
    19k Hp and rising my goal is 20k unbuffed (would love 25k )
    edited December 2011
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    edited December 2011
    so wait? bring back dragoons so people can cheat to 105? interesting

i feel like this localization of PWI understands that there is money to be made here.

basically i don't feel like the game is screwed just that there will be a need for more stronger

content.

So which is better? Having everyone lvl 105 to balance out the game, or just having a few lucky people be 105 while the rest are 101-102?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited December 2011
    So which is better? Having everyone lvl 105 to balance out the game, or just having a few lucky people be 105 while the rest are 101-102?

if you truly want my input, The localization team should look into all the people who jumped from 80-105 in a short amount of time and take strong action vs them.

if we as the core players of this game were serious it would be done.
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    edited December 2011
    if you truly want my input, The localization team should look into all the people who jumped from 80-105 in a short amount of time and take strong action vs them.

if we as the core players of this game were serious it would be done.

PWI has already stated that they aren't gonna punish the glitchers. Bringing back dragoons not only fixes the situation, but also makes the last half of FC viable again. As is everyone is now forced to quit at heads, since they nerfed the normal Dragoons exp that spawn normally also.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Shadowphreak - Lost City
    Shadowphreak - Lost City Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    PWI has already stated that they aren't gonna punish the glitchers. Bringing back dragoons not only fixes the situation, but also makes the last half of FC viable again. As is everyone is now forced to quit at heads, since they nerfed the normal Dragoons exp that spawn normally also.

Only way I would bring dragoons back is if they all had random agro. Then it makes sense, because all the players would have to be 10x already.

As it stands today, its near impossible to level past 101. I'm 101, 40%. Took me forever to get that 101. Wish I glitched. b:cry There is no way I can see how to get 103 after. 5,000 solo frosts?
    Evolution: Dungeon Master > Bards Tale > Ultima > Archlord > Perfect World

Leader of faction: REJECTED | Recruiting FUBAR players since 2010 |FREE BEER

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • laloner
    laloner Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    On my server I run into more 105 seekers than 105 sins. I think seekers were born for that goonz glitch.
    AKA PermaSpark, Heartshatter
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Easy fix: add in a new 100+ daily with awesome exp exclusively for non-sin classes. Problem fixed. Sins can gtfo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
    edited December 2011

if i read correctly in the mock Occupy PWI the GM's stated some action has been taken and

others will be dealt with, to what extent its not there place to tell us but they also

admitted that it was left open too long.

in our opinion, assuming your thoughts are like mine, more should have been done.

so bringing back cheating isn't really a good way to balance,

fortunately i'm on a PVE server but if i had my way, i would seriously have a staff

audit and red flag some of the main offenders. have the GM staff watch them, besides

GM's are supposed to be game masters, they are supposed to make sure things run

Correctly.

-There is no easy solution but i suggest on any server you do not group with anyone

you know openly cheated, im sure some will but they are not better then you or any of us

for power leveling themselves due to a glitch

I was asked to Goonz and turned it down , some times i wish i had but on the other hand

I personally am glad I did not do it.
    edited December 2011
    I truly do not feel a half year or a total year ban is un-fair for the cheaters but that is just

me and I am not in charge.

Next up on the list to fix in the world is childhood obesity, Homelessness and Immigration

any takers?
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    edited December 2011
    I truly do not feel a half year or a total year ban is un-fair for the cheaters but that is just

me and I am not in charge.

Next up on the list to fix in the world is childhood obesity, Homelessness and Immigration

any takers?

The best course of action they could take is to just revert their lvls to 101, this way they have to spend money on lvl'ing again, pwi makes money, and the glitchers get their punishment (hours and hours of wasted time in Dragoon FC).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]