Campaign: A Better Gaming Experience

SlyHeart - Harshlands
SlyHeart - Harshlands Posts: 14 Arc User
edited December 2011 in General Discussion
Greetings comrades,

I come to you today with a proposal. I am starting a campaign for players of the PWE titled games to come together to support a overall better gaming experience. Here are a list of some of the goals we'd like to push for the PWE staff members to take a harder look at:

Less dependency on Cash Shop items. In other words, people who are heavy cash shop users should not be so overpowered compared to non-cash shop players. Anything in the Cash Shop that progresses you through the game should also be found in the game and be obtainable by non-cash shop players.

More frequent bug fixes for all games. These include graphical and internal glitches that hinder or annoy a players gaming experience.

Communication between the PWE staff and players must be increased. This includes listening to the players and taking in their suggestions for the game as well as providing top notch support for players.

More frequent updates to the games, new content and quests to keep the game fresh and lively. Old quest text should be tweaked to provide more interest for the players. Grinding mobs, although a necessity in some cases, should be brought down to prevent player boredom.

Now that I've mentioned our goals, I want to take the time to explain the rules for this campaign and how we are to act in pushing our goals through.

Do not bash or flame one another. Our group is all about reaching our goals peacefully. This campaign is not to trash or violate PWE in ANY way. We simply want our voices to be heard and our ideas considered, after all, we are the reason PWE exists, we must have influence in the gaming process.

If you join this campaign and wear our banner, everything you say reflects onto our group. If you say anything hateful or rude, that will reflect badly on us and our cause. Please think before you speak and do not let your emotions get out of control.

Finally, as recognition of joining our campaign be sure to place our banner in your signature so everyone knows that you support our cause and goals. The more people we have, the more influence we can bestow in the games we love so much.

http://i42.tinypic.com/29zza6e.jpg

http://i41.tinypic.com/zmbc7l.jpg

I know a campaign sounds really cheesy and doesn't sound like it will do very much, but really it can. You can look back in history and see that people who form groups for a common goal do succeed. Look at the women's right to vote or black people being able to vote. They succeeded because they formed into a large organized group. We can do the same here. =]

Thank you for taking the time to read through this and I hope that we can make a difference in the PWE community. =]

Important Notice: If you join the campaign I will be sending a friend request through Core Connect. Once you accept the friend request I will send you an private message with a link to the website I've set up for group members to join at.
Post edited by SlyHeart - Harshlands on

Comments

• Asgardeus - Sanctuary
    Asgardeus - Sanctuary Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    No offense but.. if you want to keep this campaign serious, get someone who is fit with graphics to redo that banner b:surrender
    Atm it rather scares people off, heh. .-.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Unless you plan on learning chinese, or finding someone who knows chinese, your complaints/concerns/suggestions will fall on deaf ears.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    It's 100% to late to start any campaign for cash shop for power, when the damage has been done and the money has been given, unless PWE actually gave the money back to the players that they spent on their OP gear, then nothing can be done.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    PWE does not design the game, make updates, fix bugs, etc.
    About the only thing you've listed that they MIGHT do is redo text of quests, which seems pointless to me, tbh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _MonoxidE_ - Sanctuary
    _MonoxidE_ - Sanctuary Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Anything in the Cash Shop that progresses you through the game should also be found in the game and be obtainable by non-cash shop players.
    [/COLOR]

Buying gold with ingame coin.
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    No offense but.. if you want to keep this campaign serious, get someone who is fit with graphics to redo that banner b:surrender

+1 on this
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • Erryne - Sanctuary
    Erryne - Sanctuary Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Greetings comrades,

[...]

Less dependency on Cash Shop items. In other words, people who are heavy cash shop users should not be so overpowered compared to non-cash shop players. Anything in the Cash Shop that progresses you through the game should also be found in the game and be obtainable by non-cash shop players.

More frequent bug fixes for all games. These include graphical and internal glitches that hinder or annoy a players gaming experience.

[...]

More frequent updates to the games, new content and quests to keep the game fresh and lively. Old quest text should be tweaked to provide more interest for the players. Grinding mobs, although a necessity in some cases, should be brought down to prevent player boredom.

[...]

1. With a few exception, most thing can be gotten ingame and if you include gold exchange, then everything is. Beside, next expansion seem to be going to give a chance to the poorer players who only pve with the new gears (I'm just assuming it's going to be a "cheap" option when compared with Ranks, NV an maybe even TT99/lunar after a while).

2. Yeah, they fix those old bugs once in a blue moon. At the very least it would appear that the new expansion is being tested, they even offering D.orb ocean for those who find bugs on their china test server right now.

3. The new expansion is targetting the high lv for once, should keep busy for a while.
  • SlyHeart - Harshlands
    edited December 2011

You want to redo the banner? :) By all means, I'm happy to let someone else with better photoshop skills to do it.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2011

Communication between the PWE staff and players must be increased. This includes listening to the players and taking in their suggestions for the game as well as providing top notch support for players.

i think the only thing thats actually within PW internationals power is the communication genre.

Finally, as recognition of joining our campaign be sure to place our banner in your signature so everyone knows that you support our cause and goals. The more people we have, the more influence we can bestow in the games we love so

o.o reminds me of
    https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-E-76pIgy5zU/TXVkmXz7cUI/AAAAAAAABMo/3BiLBwt9LE4/2231855332_6a64a21623_1_.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Asgardeus - Sanctuary
    Asgardeus - Sanctuary Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    You want to redo the banner? :) By all means, I'm happy to let someone else with better photoshop skills to do it.

I'd do it but I already got too much stuff on me atm, sorry b:surrender
    Don't even have the inspiration to do anything personal x_x
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jin_Wang - Lost City
    Jin_Wang - Lost City Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I support your determination.

While we are at it, we could use monthly events (different each 2-3 months?) that could prove interesting to other players.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SlyHeart - Harshlands
    edited December 2011

While we are at it, we could use monthly events (different each 2-3 months?) that could prove interesting to other players.

Thank you so much for joining the campaign! Every person counts, and yes, monthly events would be a wonderful thing to add. =]
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Greetings comrades,

I come to you today with a proposal. I am starting a campaign for players of the PWE titled games to come together to support a overall better gaming experience. Here are a list of some of the goals we'd like to push for the PWE staff members to take a harder look at:

Now that I've mentioned our goals, I want to take the time to explain the rules for this campaign and how we are to act in pushing our goals through.

Do not bash or flame one another. Our group is all about reaching our goals peacefully. This campaign is not to trash or violate PWE in ANY way. We simply want our voices to be heard and our ideas considered, after all, we are the reason PWE exists, we must have influence in the gaming process.

If you join this campaign and wear our banner, everything you say reflects onto our group. If you say anything hateful or rude, that will reflect badly on us and our cause. Please think before you speak and do not let your emotions get out of control.

Finally, as recognition of joining our campaign be sure to place our banner in your signature so everyone knows that you support our cause and goals. The more people we have, the more influence we can bestow in the games we love so much.

I know a campaign sounds really cheesy and doesn't sound like it will do very much, but really it can. You can look back in history and see that people who form groups for a common goal do succeed. Look at the women's right to vote or black people being able to vote. They succeeded because they formed into a large organized group. We can do the same here. =]

Thank you for taking the time to read through this and I hope that we can make a difference in the PWE community. =]

you realize you're playing this game for free,right?
    giving money is your own personal option, and it's a donation to PWI/PWE, they do not have any obligation to you for that donation. Game is not released , it's in "Beta".
    Although your request are pretty much common sense, the game is actually a business the owners want to make money out of.

Remember one thing: Nothing in this world is free. If you're not paying for something, you're the merchandise.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SlyHeart - Harshlands
    edited December 2011
    you realize you're playing this game for free,right?
    giving money is your own personal option, and it's a donation to PWI/PWE, they do not have any obligation to you for that donation. Game is not released , it's in "Beta".
    Although your request are pretty much common sense, the game is actually a business the owners want to make money out of.

Remember one thing: Nothing in this world is free. If you're not paying for something, you're the merchandise.

My goal here is to not stop or put an end to the Cash Shop. I know that PWE needs to make money to bring us all the wonderful games they bring. I just believe it needs to be changed a bit so that non-mallers and mallers are more equal. "Less dependency" doesn't mean to get rid of the Cash Shop.
  • Haza - Heavens Tear
    Haza - Heavens Tear Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    You do realise thats not possible at the current time, because for the game to be "balanced" everyone who has over the top gear would have to lose it, many things will need to be nerfed.

This game has gone too far to be balanced, just keep playing and wait for something better -> Guild Wars 2 for me, plus also there is a new expansion probably coming soon.

I for one agree with you, but it's a bit late to change, unless they do what Eve Developers did going back to the original good stuff...i don't see happening.b:surrender
  • sonsofanarchy
    sonsofanarchy Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    My goal here is to not stop or put an end to the Cash Shop. I know that PWE needs to make money to bring us all the wonderful games they bring. I just believe it needs to be changed a bit so that non-mallers and mallers are more equal. "Less dependency" doesn't mean to get rid of the Cash Shop.

if they make it balanced then where is the incentive to put your own cash in? Then the business end of it stops, less money going in.

what they should do Is have a cash quest for lower levels, even do it in stages, 1m, 5m 10m but bind it to the toon so people don't create toon after toon just to get the cash. (I understand the binding part might be tricky) but low levels lack of cash seriously hinders especially barbs with high repair costs.

unless you put your own cash the only ways to generate a decent amount of coin is soloing TT, selling FC (again need to b high lvl) or Nirvi (100+)
  • SlyHeart - Harshlands
    edited December 2011
    Bump.
  • SlyHeart - Harshlands
    edited December 2011

Jin_Wang be sure to be on the lookout for a friend request and private messages as I will be sending them for further updates and how we can collaborate ideas.
  • SlyHeart - Harshlands
    edited December 2011
    New info in original post.