Special Weapons for us

turg14
turg14 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2011 in Venomancer
Im gettint tired of wasting fox form we NEED a weapon. To not sacrifice mag or phy attck Plz DO IT
Post edited by turg14 on

Comments

• King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    All magic weapons deal both magic and physical damage. And they're so just because of venomancers. No other caster has physical-based skills. Absorb Soul, Plume Shot and Blade Tempest are 100% based on magic attack.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Indeed, they even have different ratios of magic and physical attack; with magicswords being the obvious ones to use if you want to whack people.

So what's your problem?
  • turg14
    turg14 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    my bad havent seen the magic swords phy attack sorry. Still is low but meh its enough
    If so, WTH do we have to wear the ugly patakas as rank gear >.>. Like wizzys are the ones with physical based dmg. But even with the sword damage its not enough to be decent physical damaga dealer. Maybe foxform should be like this:

Mana 90
    Channel Instant
    Cooldown 6.0 seconds
    Weapon Unarmed, Magic Instruments

Requisite Cultivation Spiritual Adept
    Transform into a werefox. Physical attack and defense increases by
    100%*, accuracy increases by 200%, and
    maximum MP falls by 50%* . Allows werefox skills to be used.

Modifies in red.

*to balance the attack boost.

Dont say it will NEVER happen blah blah let me live my fantasy >:O
  • Astraea - Raging Tide
    Astraea - Raging Tide Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Patakas are the mag wep with the highest phys atk.
    that said venos getting them as rank gear makes sense as half their skills are physical. also foxform alone wont increase phys atk. for that you need to learn "Melee Mastery" which increases phys atk in foxform by 100% (150% at demon / 200% at sage)
    "Common sense isn't so common anymore." ~ Yusiong - Lost City
    b:surrender
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    It *is* somewhat annoying that the current devs see venomancers as magical only - bloodpaint not affecting us etc.
  • The_love - Raging Tide
    The_love - Raging Tide Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    the weapons do decent demage although some changes in the ammount of the demage skills deal could be made i wouldnt mind strwonger skills
    [SIGPIC]sometimes love hurts and baby i love you A LOT[/SIGPIC]
  • SmurfJegeren - Dreamweaver
    SmurfJegeren - Dreamweaver Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    The skills are indeed the weak part of Fox form, none of them have any sort of multipliers. If you look at say... Heavens Flame it have at Sage/demon: base physical damage plus 100% of weapon damage plus 5975.0.

Malefic Crush: Inflicts base physical damage plus 7556.0,

Now, an avereage BM vs. an avereage HA Veno. In this meaning Ill use a +5 Rank wep on both, and as equal gear as I can.

BM damage: Avereage base phy atk: 8409 + 1507(avereage 100% wep atk) + 5975 = 15954
    Veno Damage: Avereage phy atk: 5162 + 7556 = 12718

Okay, to admit it tho, Venos are hybrid attackers. With the majority of their power put in magic. Our skills dont deal equal damage as the melee classes. At a higher refine,the gap will also be higher. But this is damage dealt with a realtively low str veno with a pataka(If you use the right magic swords, you can add more to your str to increase attack).

Venomancers dage/demon 2 spark attack is also alot cheaper than the blademasters. So the gap for R8 pataka vs. R8 axe would be pretty much non exsistant. Id still like to see a few changes on other skills tho(Fox wallop is still useless for example)
    No I dont have a herc, I AM the herc! b:mischievous

Youtube channel for NW vids: /channel/UCV9DguJZ0LGMlv5IorA5kVg

Please do drop by n tell me hints on how to improve c:
    Current build for pwcalc: /bd6d5c1459cf7d94
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    turg14 wrote: »
    Im gettint tired of wasting fox form we NEED a weapon. To not sacrifice mag or phy attck Plz DO IT

Actually the physical attack of magic weapons is really good. Just compare daggers with magic swords of same lvl (they have same attack rate). Even though the base damage on daggers is slightly better, magic swords have better refine rate. G15 nirvana magic sword at +10 (1153~1496) has more physical attack then G15 daggers +10 (1279~1606).

There are 3 issues though :
    - Venos rank is pataka's, that is the worse magic weapon there is on physical attack imo. Just compare them with a poleblade (both have same attack rate).
    - Rings usually focus on 1 type of attack, physical or magical (only rank and CoA have both in same proportion). Same for the weapon adds, though pataka's can have some minor +phys attack adds that don't make up for their bad base physical attack stats unfortunately.
    - Most important, you have a very bad multiplier from stat points. The physical attack needs str, magic attack needs mag. The mag requirement of weapons also make that you can't efficiently make a str-foxform build. However, there is melee mastery and pretty good sparks that make up a little for this.

If only veno rank wasn't turned to pataka's, things would be a whole lot better b:surrender
  • CarefulIBite - Raging Tide
    CarefulIBite - Raging Tide Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    All magic weapons deal both magic and physical damage. And they're so just because of venomancers. No other caster has physical-based skills. Absorb Soul, Plume Shot and Blade Tempest are 100% based on magic attack.

This is true but I myself would like to see some kind of weapon for fox venos. ATM from what ive seen all high level TT or rare magic weapons only give magic attack/magic bonuses. Not one gives STR or physical attack which is what fox venos need.

On a side note though magic weapons give +damage when upgraded but still that isn't very useful to us or other magic dealing classes.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    This is true but I myself would like to see some kind of weapon for fox venos. ATM from what ive seen all high level TT or rare magic weapons only give magic attack/magic bonuses. Not one gives STR or physical attack which is what fox venos need.

On a side note though magic weapons give +damage when upgraded but still that isn't very useful to us or other magic dealing classes.

The level 89 Requiem Blade gives +dex which is quite nice for the HA veno struggling to find stat points.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited December 2011

That's a big problem concerning PWI mechanics. There's no rank gear directed to melee venos, which are mostly heavy and use magic swords rather than patakas.

Perhaps the day PW devs change the rank 9 adds just like they've done with rank 8 they happen to remember melee is a relevant part of venomancer play and then add some decent interval reduction to the pataka.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • SmurfJegeren - Dreamweaver
    SmurfJegeren - Dreamweaver Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Not one gives STR or physical attack which is what fox venos need.

There are a few weapon with set +phy and STR, but youll have to look more at patakas for this. One reason the kinda hated patakas are given this, is simply cause fox form is supposed to be skill based. PWI wasnt always aps derp.

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/16112

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/12651

Id also like to add that non-legendary/TT/LG etc. Have the chance of getting +str add-ons.

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/20397

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/20408

Also, all 2nd stage Nirvana can have +18-38 str. Depending on how (un)lucky you are.

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/25675
    No I dont have a herc, I AM the herc! b:mischievous

Youtube channel for NW vids: /channel/UCV9DguJZ0LGMlv5IorA5kVg

Please do drop by n tell me hints on how to improve c:
    Current build for pwcalc: /bd6d5c1459cf7d94