The money increased?

Options
DarkZerithyn - Sanctuary
DarkZerithyn - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
edited December 2011 in General Discussion
Hey guys, I took a long rest from Pwi (about 2.5 years)...and when I loggin today, I noticed that the money amount is much higher. Sorry if this sounds confusing. What I mean is, back in 2009, the cost for fashion in the auction was like 300k, 500k, etc. Now, I need most of the stuff in the millions...Also, the mounts costs "a lot." What happen? Also, does the different price change color if it is high? (1mil font in yellow color, and 15 mil in orange). b:shocked
Post edited by DarkZerithyn - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    um... same thing that raised the postage from 25cents then, to 44cents today

dont worry tho the profits also increased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    You pretty much answered some of your own questions there. b:sweat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Inflation is what happened. Lots of it.

You can't really expect the economy of a new game to stay the same for multiple years.

As for the prices, they recent added a change where the amounts of coin are displayed in different colors.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Adromada - Raging Tide
    Adromada - Raging Tide Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    They sell packs now, and no one bothers with boutique items when you the player can make a huge profit of the items in the packs, but i dought it, you would have to be one lucky person to get something like scroll of tome which is what iv'e been buying packs for. once i bought 1000 packs and all i got was tokens now that made me rage quit.
    The universe is made of Twelve particles of matter, Four forces of nature, The world is a dynamic mess Of Jiggling things.
  • TolanSky - Heavens Tear
    TolanSky - Heavens Tear Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    They sell packs now, and no one bothers with boutique items when you the player can make a huge profit of the items in the packs, but i dought it, you would have to be one lucky person to get something like scroll of tome which is what iv'e been buying packs for. once i bought 1000 packs and all i got was tokens now that made me rage quit.

I find it hard to believe that out of 1,000 packs all you got were tokens (unless you are including Best Luck Tokens in there?) because simply put, while Tokens are by and large the most common item to drop out of packs, when you buy such a large quantity of packs, you are invariably going to obtain something other than just the standard tokens of luck, and the tokens of best luck. Even if it is nothing on the scale of scrolls of tomes or matchless wings / wings of the cloud charger or what have you. You still will get something out of these packs when you buy 1,000 of them.
    Acc 1: TolanSky ~ ● Seeker / Daearena ~ Mystic / ThornLily ~ Veno
    Acc 2: Veilana ~ Sin / QueenBlubrry ~ Cleric / Lemondrop ~ Psychic
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    My sig.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • AnniVenna - Archosaur
    AnniVenna - Archosaur Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    My sig.

that sig definately sums up everything the OP missed these past 2.5 years...
  • snufalufaguss
    snufalufaguss Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Too bad we don't get a cost of living raise in this game economy. The price keeps going up while the drops stay the same or worse.
  • KingThis - Heavens Tear
    KingThis - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Too bad we don't get a cost of living raise in this game economy. The price keeps going up while the drops stay the same or worse.

its actually being lowered. the drop rates that is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <3 SLITNOTb:chuckle
  • Sidwinder - Heavens Tear
    Sidwinder - Heavens Tear Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    its actually being lowered. the drop rates that is.

Wow really? I missed that where does it say that at so I can go read it and want to kill something.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sidwinder-HT
  • BladedZero - Sanctuary
    BladedZero - Sanctuary Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    People have to understand that the pack sales have little to do with the coin cost of items (unless you're trading your tokens for wine for wedding money). It's just that with more people joining the game npcing stuff and picking up coin the amount of coin ingame increase. The majority of the coin we spend usually just goes to another player when buying products when we buy stuff from them. Coin actually disappears very slowly compared to how fast it generates because we only spend them through AH tax and teleports for the most part. So with more coin on players over the years obviously the cost of luxuries will increase as well.
  • Adromada - Raging Tide
    Adromada - Raging Tide Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I find it hard to believe that out of 1,000 packs all you got were tokens (unless you are including Best Luck Tokens in there?) because simply put, while Tokens are by and large the most common item to drop out of packs, when you buy such a large quantity of packs, you are invariably going to obtain something other than just the standard tokens of luck, and the tokens of best luck. Even if it is nothing on the scale of scrolls of tomes or matchless wings / wings of the cloud charger or what have you. You still will get something out of these packs when you buy 1,000 of them.

ok what ever you say bud i guess you know everything including peoples luck aye, if it didnt happen i wouldn't of have bothered to say anything about it and no it was just tokens, guess that tells you how much you know.
    The universe is made of Twelve particles of matter, Four forces of nature, The world is a dynamic mess Of Jiggling things.
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    People have to understand that the pack sales have little to do with the coin cost of items (unless you're trading your tokens for wine for wedding money). It's just that with more people joining the game npcing stuff and picking up coin the amount of coin ingame increase. The majority of the coin we spend usually just goes to another player when buying products when we buy stuff from them. Coin actually disappears very slowly compared to how fast it generates because we only spend them through AH tax and teleports for the most part. So with more coin on players over the years obviously the cost of luxuries will increase as well.

Actually, the massive amounts of coin causing the inflation are from the Ten Million Big Notes for two Best Lucks. If PWI removed this, perhaps along with the 99,999 coins for 10 regular tokens(which could be used as an alternative if the big notes were removed), prices would likely go down, though it would still take ages due to the already huge amount of coins and ten million big notes that are already in the system.
  • snufalufaguss
    snufalufaguss Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I guess that is what happens when 50mil+ register and play, put various amounts of coin in the system, then leave to play a better game.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Big sales start (usually packs, rep or orbs).
    People want to buy the items.
    People buy gold in order to get the items.
    All of the cheaper gold is purchased by said people.
    Remaining gold for sale is high-priced.
    Items in AH and catshops raise their prices to match the new higher priced gold.

And of course, with sale upon sale the gold price will only keep going up, and never recover.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842