Would it make more sense for casters to reverse accuracy and evasion?

Jin_Wang - Lost City
Jin_Wang - Lost City Posts: 109 Arc User
edited December 2011 in General Discussion
Well, it would be a bit odd but do clerics, wizards, psychics and mystics REALLY need accuracy? Their spells do not miss, thus making accuracy completely useless.

Accuracy per DEX point = 5
Evasion per DEX point = 2

Well, it may not seem much, however, if you switch it around with accuracy and evasion. Even though people will still not use DEX points on their casters for evasion (even myself). How about the DEX adds ACC/EVA this way?

Accuracy per DEX point = 2
Evasion per DEX point = 5

or better yet if it is not too hard.

Accuracy per DEX point = 1
Evasion per DEX point = 6
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Jin_Wang - Lost City on

Comments

• ClericMD - Lost City
    ClericMD - Lost City Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Anyone that play a mage know that put points in dex is a wasted, even if you go LA build in the end of game you will reset to AA and put dex ponts in 3.

I have a better idea: mag increase the magical critic chance rate. Dex for sins increase acurracy, evasion, damage with daggers and critic chance.

Mag should give 1% to magical critic chance for each 20 or 30 points. ijs.

PD: Sorry for my bad english
  • Jin_Wang - Lost City
    Jin_Wang - Lost City Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Anyone that play a mage know that put points in dex is a wasted, even if you go LA build in the end of game you will reset to AA and put dex ponts in 3.

I have a better idea: mag increase the magical critic chance rate. Dex for sins increase acurracy, evasion, damage with daggers and critic chance.

Mag should give 1% to magical critic chance for each 20 or 30 points. ijs.

PD: Sorry for my bad english

My casters are pure magic too, I never see how I can manage with other stats other than minimum STR (of course for arcane equipment) but it won't really make sense for casters to use accuracy because it only adds to auto attacks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Meriadoc - Heavens Tear
    Meriadoc - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Considering the already high crit % rates that endgame gear gives these days, increasing it by a drastic amount like that would hugely sway favor towards the magic classes. PvP would be reduced to everybody just running around on a wizard or psychic, 1-shotting each other.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Meriadoc - 100 BM / Arhil - 9x Archer (Retired for now) / Bent_Wookie - 8x Barb / Artyfins - 8x Sin / Amarhathol - 7x Seeker
    ... and many more xD
  • X_Rays - Sanctuary
    X_Rays - Sanctuary Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I do suggest that new armors with +50% evasion be introduced to counter the 50% accuracy rings. You would think that an archer with 400+ dex can dodge a lot of attacks. But in reality, this is not the case.
  • GaurdianMira - Archosaur
    GaurdianMira - Archosaur Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Considering the already high crit % rates that endgame gear gives these days, increasing it by a drastic amount like that would hugely sway favor towards the magic classes. PvP would be reduced to everybody just running around on a wizard or psychic, 1-shotting each other.

As opposed to everyone running around on Sins and one-shotting lowbies?

Not saying I disagree with the basic problem of crit rate I'm just saying.
    b:sweat b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited December 2011

That's what archers can do anyway, especially when these new skills come in and they get increased range and +25% crit rate for 30 seconds, that's just going to make them roflstomp everyone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • LilWolfy - Heavens Tear
    LilWolfy - Heavens Tear Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Well, it would be a bit odd but do clerics, wizards, psychics and mystics REALLY need accuracy? Their spells do not miss, thus making accuracy completely useless.

Accuracy per DEX point = 5
    Evasion per DEX point = 2

Well, it may not seem much, however, if you switch it around with accuracy and evasion. Even though people will still not use DEX points on their casters for evasion (even myself). How about the DEX adds ACC/EVA this way?

Accuracy per DEX point = 2
    Evasion per DEX point = 5

or better yet if it is not too hard.

Accuracy per DEX point = 1
    Evasion per DEX point = 6
    um while i would agree on a caster evasion would be more useful then accuracy i have to agree with some other people that casters shouldn't have much if any dex. aside from that, it would be a little unfair if casters had really high dex. the last thing i would want as a melee class is to not be able to actually hit a caster once i finally got close enough to do so.
  • CrypticEgo - Harshlands
    CrypticEgo - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2011

That's what everybody goes for now-a-days though. Press 'x' to win. Nobody likes a challenge....man I'm playing the wrong game.
  • Sympathi - Archosaur
    Sympathi - Archosaur Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited December 2011

You cant stat strength or dex down below 5, ijs b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    :: Youtube.com/YCEvenix :: Seeker PvP, PvE and TW Videos
  • Kawai_Kira - Heavens Tear
    Kawai_Kira - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    You cant stat strength or dex down below 5, ijs b:surrender

yes you can, if you use a reset all note all pionts that would go to 3 or lower instead go to 3. yes while the default is 5 you can make it 3 if u want to spend some money. which alot of higher lvs do when they want to put all the points they can into a certain stat. like my barb has 3 magic.
  • Sympathi - Archosaur
    Sympathi - Archosaur Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    yes you can, if you use a reset all note all pionts that would go to 3 or lower instead go to 3. yes while the default is 5 you can make it 3 if u want to spend some money. which alot of higher lvs do when they want to put all the points they can into a certain stat. like my barb has 3 magic.

only works with magic and Vit b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    :: Youtube.com/YCEvenix :: Seeker PvP, PvE and TW Videos