New Wizard Skills

Comments

• BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur
    BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur Posts: 1,842 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    This is kinda the point. They buffed all the classes, and many ALOT better than wizard. We got a little buff in terms of 1 vs 1 pk, and I guess that is good. But many other classes got ALOT more.

Stealth for archers? Tele stun for bm? More "slow your charm/apoth" skills? Veno's robbing you of chi? Archers sneaking behind you in TW and using their enhanced ranged attacks to knock you forward into cata support squads? Sins and psychics and mystics all making whole sections of the battle field disappear while you are channeling?

Not to mention still no aps enhancement for bosses or party buffs, so no help with being useless in pve - and no increase to our spike damage or crit rate or attack level so any number of R9 classes will still 1 shot as well as us and rank 9 barbs/seekers/psychics will still tank our hits just as well.

While I am reserving final judgment until I actually see them in practice, I don't think this will do anything to move wizards from the bottom of most piles, and it will likely make our job that much more difficult in TW, the last place it was fun to play.
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    Arenaceous - Lost City Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    While I am reserving final judgment until I actually see them in practice

Sorry for picking a sentence from your post and quoting it without it's context. Wizzies do not only get one little buff in one on one pk. We get an aoe occult ice that comes with an amp. Useful in TW? Hell yea. We also get a debuff that makes freezing targets lots easier. I think it's best to just look forward to it and not see it all too negative.
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."

"Some have said there is no subtlety to destruction. You know what? They're dead."

- Jaya Ballard, Task Mage
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    This is kinda the point. They buffed all the classes, and many ALOT better than wizard. We got a little buff in terms of 1 vs 1 pk, and I guess that is good. But many other classes got ALOT more.

Stealth for archers? Tele stun for bm? More "slow your charm/apoth" skills? Veno's robbing you of chi? Archers sneaking behind you in TW and using their enhanced ranged attacks to knock you forward into cata support squads? Sins and psychics and mystics all making whole sections of the battle field disappear while you are channeling?

Not to mention still no aps enhancement for bosses or party buffs, so no help with being useless in pve - and no increase to our spike damage or crit rate or attack level so any number of R9 classes will still 1 shot as well as us and rank 9 barbs/seekers/psychics will still tank our hits just as well.

While I am reserving final judgment until I actually see them in practice, I don't think this will do anything to move wizards from the bottom of most piles, and it will likely make our job that much more difficult in TW, the last place it was fun to play.

I don't think you grasp the importance of the changes the wizards get. Sure, other classes got some changes too, but it pretty much addresses a lot of the classes weaknesses against high grade weapon dmg (don't think for a moment original devs planned anything beyond R8). Wizard got a set of skills to work against melee and that was the biggest complain they ever had. You're yapping about BMs telestun - of course they got it, else you could just nuke them into oblivion, pretty much easiest class I had to fight against as wizard. I'm glad they got it, they needed that.
    I'm not gonna go into more details, but my advice to you: read and understand what you're reading. Wizards got exactly what they were missing, just like most of the other classes

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Fool , don't tell me u play Wuild Gars 2 already...Is the effin beta out or u got an inside track to closed Alpha?

Anyway, the new skills might be worth playing for until Wuild Gars 2 goes life (I'll drop this game the second I get access to WG2). We'll see the cost/time to get all of them, but I might go back 100% on my wiz for PvP/TW. I guess the current crop of "PVP/PK-ers" are nightmare free for way too long b:chuckleb:laugh.

b:surrenderNo I'm not playing WG2 yet, but the beta is end of month b:chuckle
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited December 2011

Why so negative? As Arena said, we're getting more than just the auto-shrink. And BMs are only getting something that will make them a viable pvp class again, because atm they're a pain to pk with since everyone has dex genies.
  • Rivi_V - Heavens Tear
    Rivi_V - Heavens Tear Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Wizzies need these new kiting skills because the chasing abilities of some of the other melees just got stronger as well. Not only is BM now going to be able to telestun on top of you (like a Sin), they are also getting a lock down skill as well that not only holds you in place, but you will also get dragged along wherever BM wants to go. Try kiting that with your old wizard skills. b:laugh
    Im not saying Wizards dont need these new skills, Im just saying Iv learned and adapted to survive the current way of PWI. Sins are still a bit of a problem but in a way I can counter them depending on their gear (If I get 1 shotted then there is no way I can counter that lol).

I play this game for fun so death and exp loss is nothing to me really.
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ... - Louis Hector Berlioz
  • Leviath_Imp - Lost City
    Leviath_Imp - Lost City Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    still, some sins are good enough to win without me even getting a single shot off (or if one, useless due to DN). one in particular w/ full jades r9 set won w/ unref. r8 weap b:surrender
    edited December 2011
    still, some sins are good enough to win without me even getting a single shot off (or if one, useless due to DN). one in particular w/ full jades r9 set won w/ unref. r8 weap b:surrender

Wait I thought you were r9? And you lost to an r9 jaded sin that uses an unrefined r8 wep?
    If they're 1 shotting you out of stealth, try using defense charms. It makes normal hits hardly hurt, and crits not kill you.
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    edited December 2011
    Wait I thought you were r9? And you lost to an r9 jaded sin that uses an unrefined r8 wep?
    If they're 1 shotting you out of stealth, try using defense charms. It makes normal hits hardly hurt, and crits not kill you.

Did you ever fight a good sin? It doesn't matter what weapon they use. Their damage output is stupidly op even with unrefined R8 daggers and they can lock you in a place as long as they want. I was killing uncharmed BMs (pretty good ones) with decent gear with lvl 20 NPC daggers back when you could still power dash glitch. I'm R9 and I still get ***** by my NV +10 sin with auto attack in like 3 seconds if I don't do anything. And that's with def blessing on.
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."

"Some have said there is no subtlety to destruction. You know what? They're dead."

• Rivi_V - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2011
    Did you ever fight a good sin? It doesn't matter what weapon they use. Their damage output is stupidly op even with unrefined R8 daggers and they can lock you in a place as long as they want. I was killing uncharmed BMs (pretty good ones) with decent gear with lvl 20 NPC daggers back when you could still power dash glitch. I'm R9 and I still get ***** by my NV +10 sin with auto attack in like 3 seconds if I don't do anything. And that's with def blessing on.
    This is true, my only 1 chance I have with sins is genie skill Expel, however its useless if they 1 hit you, and another thing is they also lock you forever through out the entire time you have expel on. As soon as Expel is timed out you are dead in 1-2 hits, 3 if charmed maybe (well, it is for me and Im not even lv100 yet so it explains it).

However, sins are pretty easy if they are the ones not expecting you, you can also get them down in 1-2 hits, and that is me at my lv not even r8.
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ... - Louis Hector Berlioz
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    edited December 2011
    Expel is completely useless against sins if you are alone. They will just stand there and either use Shadow Teleport, Occult Ice or Condensed Thorn and then their normal disables. It's only somewhat good if you need to buy time in group PvP so others can help you.

Oh and about 1-2 hitting. It usually goes like that:

Sin takes 1 damage.
    Sin takes 13432 damage (only a charm tick due to deaden nerves)
    Sin takes 1 damage.
    Sin resists FoW through Demon Focused Mind.
    Lolimdead...

edited December 2011
    Can't say if I've really fought a smart sin. I kind of categorize anyone that seriously pks with a sin as being stupid anyways b:shutup

well hopefully the new autoblink skill will be helpful! If sins try to aps us we'll get knocked back instantly. So that means they'll have to use CoTD for higher DPH on skills that apparently won't knock us back. So then it's just a matter of surviving the stealth gank and not getting one shot b:victory
  • HardToThink - Lost City
    HardToThink - Lost City Posts: 967 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Wizzies need these new kiting skills because the chasing abilities of some of the other melees just got stronger as well. Not only is BM now going to be able to telestun on top of you (like a Sin), they are also getting a lock down skill as well that not only holds you in place, but you will also get dragged along wherever BM wants to go. Try kiting that with your old wizard skills. b:laugh

You can tele stun and then tie us to you? x/x that sucksssssssss =[[

The new skills look fun but..awkward I dont know why wiz skills are affected by soulforce (isnt that a psy only thing?)
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
    [SIGPIC]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/25yzm05jpg.png/[/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/HardToYawn?blend=1&ob=video-mustangbase
  • U_Sasuke - Sanctuary
    U_Sasuke - Sanctuary Posts: 643 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Expel is completely useless against sins if you are alone. They will just stand there and either use Shadow Teleport, Occult Ice or Condensed Thorn and then their normal disables. It's only somewhat good if you need to buy time in group PvP so others can help you.

Sin takes 1 damage.
    Sin takes 1 damage.
    Lolimdead...

lol...
    Honestly, as a wizard vs smart and good skilled sin...U CAN NOT WIN!
    You can bring up all the solutions to me (expel, vacuity, etc) but no, you are not winning a 1on1 vs smart and good sin. That's the life of a wizard vs sin as of now.

The new skills look awesome and i look forward to using them! Time to practice with them soon as they come out. But i heard you can only get 2 of them soon as they come out, (depending on the path you follow) and others might take a while. I'm def. going with auto-teleport one first.
  • Evanera - Heavens Tear
    Evanera - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,423 Arc User
    edited December 2011

Sin takes 1 damage.
    Sin takes 1 damage.
    Lolimdead...

That pretty much sums it up, lol. Have you ever 1v1ed a sin and had them take 1 damage 4 times in a row, resist your FoW twice, and your sleep? That was a sad moment for me lol.

I only ever use my expel genie in group PvP where there's more than 1 sin who can do any damage to me. I generally PK with very skilled people so if they see a sin on me, they'll help me out. Same with the others I pk with. Sin pops on them, they expel, and myself or others can kill them quickly unless they ironguard.

I really do not suggest expel if you're alone, because unless you have over 100 vit on your genie, once you use expel, you're pretty much dead after.

I notice a lot of talk about our skills, and I think we mostly have general conclusions about how these skills can be useful/hurt us (minus knowing cool downs?). How about we discuss the other class skills and how we can counter them. I don't know where to start but it should be a good thing to do.
    edited December 2011
    I think it's best to just look forward to it and not see it all too negative.
    I don't think you grasp the importance of the changes the wizards get.
    Why so negative?

I think I already explained it, but I guess I have to do so again.

I LOVE the wizard skills. I do. My point wasnt' that they aren't cool, or helpful, or (to one degree or another) downright awesome.

My point was that the other classes get more powerful as well, even the classes that already have far more pk skills than we have.

You pick out BMs, fine. But archers get stealth and more crit and more range. HELLO?

And as for "herp derp, dis skill is awesome in tw", did you know that there are now TWO classes (compared to none now) that can make entire sections of the battlefield in TW disappear. Say bye bye to your target while you are channeling your nifty new ice skill? GG

No, I think it is equally likely that wizards will be no better off (or actually worse off in TW, our last stronghold of relevance) after these skills are implemented.

Again, I am perfectly willing to leave room for my over estimation of their skills, or my under estimation of ours. I said as much in my original post you all jumped on.

My point is, actually, that you all weren't viewing the new skills with the same level headedness that I was.
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    edited December 2011
    @Blood; All I am saying is have patience and tell us "I told you so" after. :p

@Evanera: Best thing I had was fighting a sin with demon focused mind up. Then I slept the sin (which worked, wow!) and used MS. MS hits sin, sin takes 1 damage AND resists the stun due to the added tidal with demon focused mind. Didn't know if I should laugh or cry, honestly...

edited December 2011
    @Blood; All I am saying is have patience and tell us "I told you so" after. :p

See my original post re: reserving final judgment.
  • Evanera - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2011
    Lol that would **** me off. I think you can both and cry at the same time..
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2011
    See my original post re: reserving final judgment.

you're getting too fired up with some of the skills the other classes get.
    I could bet the skills you're talking about (stealth/no target) will have a hefty cooldown and a chi cost or else tw would become a rabbit chase. And it's not like those skills are only con-wiz. BM running for stun -> stun what? HF ->who?
    Archers setting barrage -> on what?
    and I could go on. Lets wait and see the costs and cooldowns on those skills. Lets wait and see the cost and cooldowns of wizard's skill, and then we can talk. For now, I'm focusing on wizards only, I don't care about other classes, and the changes that wizards get at least seem very good. They patch some blatantly stupid overlooks that the devs made a while back plus seem to add some help where was needed , so why complain already?
    Lets not forget that test server in china goes up in less than 24h. Some skills might change by the estimated release time in another week. You never know...
    Metagame will shift completely after this patch, and there will be a lot of QQs because ppl just can't and don't want to adapt and solutions to problems take a while to be found. You use a lot of "GG" , I hope u know what that means and how the metagame shifted there, how builds that were good now got pwned , how 1/1/1 died in beta and came back with a vengeance a few months back.
    Kids will jump up and down and sideways where changes come in, 'cause they will be out of their comfort zone. The mature players will take what they are given a work with it to attain the goals they target. that's always the difference: imature kids QQ, adults find solutions to problems.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ruli - Heavens Tear
    Ruli - Heavens Tear Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    This is such a welcome change for wizzie, i always loved playing my little Elronia but sadly for last year she been pretty much thrown to curb in favour of a BM. Both now 101b:pleased

El you just got a new lease of life. Just got rank 8 for her an the BM just got 2nd cast nirvy legs last night after an epic 12 months grinding i finally feel some light at end of a very dark tunnel.
    Not really going to comment on the skills or try and interpret them as they are very much unknown to all of us an its far too early for that.

Just glad wizzies have been granted a new lease of life an im totally loving the new rank 8 powerb:laugh she has.

Maybe now after all this time this fantastic class that provided me with so much fun for two years will stop been neglected by so many for so many diffrent things. Finally wizzie can start too feel like the masters of magic they should surely beb:laughb:victory
    edited December 2011
    And it's not like those skills are only con-wiz. BM running for stun -> stun what? HF ->who?
    Archers setting barrage -> on what?
    and I could go on.

Yes, the skills will effect everyone that way, but everyone should be able to land a hit in there now and then. A wizard? Our value in TW is long channeling AoE. So yes, it impacts wizards more, imo.
    Lets wait and see the costs and cooldowns on those skills. Lets wait and see the cost and cooldowns of wizard's skill, and then we can talk.

*Sigh*

I think that's what "reserving final judgment" means, don't you?
    I'm focusing on wizards only, I don't care about other classes, and the changes that wizards get at least seem very good. They patch some blatantly stupid overlooks that the devs made a while back plus seem to add some help where was needed , so why complain already?

Um, the same reason you conclude "already" that they are "very good".

I mean, honestly, you come to a conclusion, I come to mine, and you tell me its too soon to draw conclusions. Make up your mind, please, then get back to me so I know what criticism I am attempting to parry from one moment to the next.
    im better than you, know more than you, and am more mature than you

Yes, yes, you say they are very good, and its fine. I say I think its very possible that wizards will be no better off after the patch with these skills, and I am qq'ing. Gotcha, champ.
  • XxArchmagexX - Dreamweaver
    XxArchmagexX - Dreamweaver Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    The new skills seem to be a effort from devs to somewhat balance the game as all of our skills are going to be pvp ones, other the other classes are getting new skills as well but some of them are pve or useless, mystic gets 20% hit power increase buffthat they can use on squad members also and lasts for 30 mins but only works on mobs, sins get a skill that allows them to see other players inventory (lol gl killing someone with that skill) and another skill that makes the enemy drop coins if killed (again its useless for fights).

So in resume the clases who already have a lot of PvP skills are getting some PvE skills and the ones with few PvP skills are getting PvP skills ONLY, this will be fun. Oh and the new mystic aoe res to res full squad in 1 shot seems to damn usefull for delta b:victory
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2011
    Yes, the skills will effect everyone that way, but everyone should be able to land a hit in there now and then. A wizard? Our value in TW is long channeling AoE. So yes, it impacts wizards more, imo.

*Sigh*

I think that's what "reserving final judgment" means, don't you?

Um, the same reason you conclude "already" that they are "very good".

I mean, honestly, you come to a conclusion, I come to mine, and you tell me its too soon to draw conclusions. Make up your mind, please, then get back to me so I know what criticism I am attempting to parry from one moment to the next.

Yes, yes, you say they are very good, and its fine. I say I think its very possible that wizards will be no better off after the patch with these skills, and I am qq'ing. Gotcha, champ.

developers can compesante for a lot, but not for lack of player skill and/or imagination.

all i said was that is not the moment to jump up and down, either for joy or rage. The skills look promissing at least, and honestly, without the other classes getting the skills they are getting, wizards with these new skills would be severely overpowered. Much like switching the Sins at the top of the PVP food chain with wizards. That is not how you fix stuff, and I might be wrong but the devs look at least like they are trying right now.
    After seeing the latest information that came up in the past few days I do not really understand where your whining comes from really. Those skills even in the test server release form still look good.

you keep bringing back the TW argument. Start to think outside the box, and in this case ouside of TW influence. If all you ever did in TW was to drop ultis on unsuspectig clump of people I sincerely pittty you. There's soo much more you can do with a wizard in TW than just midlessly build chi and drop ultis.

and really, if you think the wizards will be no better off with the new skills I say you don't really understand what you're talking about (and it's not the first time I have this feeling reading your posts)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • U_Sasuke - Sanctuary
    U_Sasuke - Sanctuary Posts: 643 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I'm glad Ursa and Blood don't play in same server! It would be ego 1on1 wars in pk!b:laugh
  • Evanera - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2011
    He's saying our skills may or may not be comparable to the added caliber of other class skills. It makes perfect sense and he has a point.

Example - Wizard gets skill that curses target for 2 seconds for 100% extra damage. Sins gets skill that curses the target for 5 seconds for 100% extra damage.

See it? It doesn't matter how good wizard skills are if the other classes get far better skills. Nobody knows if that will happen yet, and we'll have to wait and see. This was also acknowledged by Blood.
    edited December 2011
    developers can compesante for a lot, but not for lack of player skill and/or imagination.

I agree with everything you said except the above stated. Assassins are proof that devs can create a class that compensates for lack of player skill b:chuckle
  • Rivi_V - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2011
    sins get a skill that allows them to see other players inventory (lol gl killing someone with that skill)

I think that would be quite useful in PvE like TT or nirvy as my friends tell me some people lies and steal drops or something like that (I never had that problem)? Well this still will see who that one person is.. or maybe everyone is lieing and stealing b:chuckle
    The new skills seem to be a effort from devs to somewhat balance the game

Its true they are doing something to help balance the game somehow, they seem to fill the needs of all the old classes where the T-Borns and Seekers dont really get that much of a boost. If they ONLY buff us wizzy or even just the old classes, people will QQ saying why did you leave the rest us and rage. So instead they though of giving "there you go, hope you are happy" skills to the classes that dont really need a buff.

What I find with PW is they dont like reverse engineering aka nerfs expt if its something like FF/FC Goons. Instead they would just buff up other "things".

Everyone seem to argue a lot saying these skills are not enough and such, I just say, we can only see how useful they are once we get full info and when they come out. Everyone has a valid argument, points and belief which we can take note of, instead of arguing, just say hmmm ok, well see once the day comes. So please, chill out for a bit? Peace b:victory
    edited December 2011
    Everyone has a valid argument, points and beliefs which we can take note of

unless that person is Sarah Palin
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2011
    He's saying our skills may or may not be comparable to the added caliber of other class skills. It makes perfect sense and he has a point.

Example - Wizard gets skill that curses target for 2 seconds for 100% extra damage. Sins gets skill that curses the target for 5 seconds for 100% extra damage.

See it? It doesn't matter how good wizard skills are if the other classes get far better skills. Nobody knows if that will happen yet, and we'll have to wait and see. This was also acknowledged by Blood.

well, you and Blood both have a point IFf you think just in absolute numbers.
    But that way I could say that the 15 sec HF is so imba wizards need something similar or GT.FO. We need to raise from the trees and see the forest here. That amp is a side effect, the sin's amp is the intended effect.
    I can see from where you and Blood are coming, but I have big doubts about the validity of your concerns.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.