No Double Drops For Grinders

2»

Comments

• DeepAqua - Heavens Tear
    DeepAqua - Heavens Tear Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Since its been asked twice. I grind:

Spiders, Goths, those mini drummer things in hell to name a few off the top of my head. well within lvl range. well spiders are a bit low but still.

And to confirm I spent 2 hours last night after OP and about an hour this morn having coffee, I never seen a pile of 3 items LET ALONE 3-6
  • Asgardeus - Sanctuary
    Asgardeus - Sanctuary Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Can't say I found time to grind in the last days between caves but we got plently of drops in TT.
    Speaking of mobs, we killed 2 mobs and had like 10 drops. Also I heard from my gf that she does very well grinding DQ items o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I definitely noticed my drops going from about 1 in a minute to 2 in a minute on average. Counting about 200-300 drops so far grinding on Basilisks in Sandsong.

And yes, 2x does indeed double the quantity of drops you get. However, it does this by doubling the amount of rolls each mob does, not by changing any of the probabilities.

Oh and for the record, yes I've seen 4-6 drops from mobs during the 2x.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Grinding spiders with my archer, the most I get from the mobs is 4 drops (but three is a lot more common). However, grinding spiders before this 2x, the most I got was 2 drops, and generally only one or none. So to me it seems obvious that it is working properly. I have actually more than doubled the amount of DQs I usually get in an hour of grinding.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    not possible without hax, better be careful what you say. REG mobs have no chance to drop beyond 3 normaly and 6 during dbl drops

Before you say people hax their way on drops, maybe check yourself more..

I have no problem at all with 2x drops, cause I grind monsters around my level. Do you ?

Drop rate is influence by the level difference as well.

I grind mobs in oht map 2, and yeah I saw them drop 4+ items, I make 650-750k profit in there in 2 hours and about 10-12k DQ points vendoring all the DQ items.

2x works perfectly fine
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
  • SkogDyr - Lost City
    SkogDyr - Lost City Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I used to grind spiders... then I took an arrow to the knee
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I can get 10k worth of points on the DQ Rewards page in an hour, level 96 archer on level 96 spiders.

As for the additional drop table... from the grinding I've done, I have seen two additional items drop from spiders. I've seen them drop 3 glaze, or a crappy wrist, glaze, and DQ. However, since I spend my time playing the game and not looking at the drop table, I can't tell if these Items are on the first or additional drop table, so look it up for yourself.

I love it when two die next to eachother and both drop 6 DQ items each. b:surrender
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • jabq
    jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I can get 10k worth of points on the DQ Rewards page in an hour, level 96 archer on level 96 spiders.

As for the additional drop table... from the grinding I've done, I have seen two additional items drop from spiders. I've seen them drop 3 glaze, or a crappy wrist, glaze, and DQ. However, since I spend my time playing the game and not looking at the drop table, I can't tell if these Items are on the first or additional drop table, so look it up for yourself.

I love it when two die next to eachother and both drop 6 DQ items each. b:surrender

b:chuckle Exactly, i kill 8~16 of my favourite mobs in 20~40 seconds. Once i am done, i pick up my drops. In one hour i get 65~95 dq items. Some times mobs drop 3 dq items at once, other times i get 1k+ coins, but do i worry about such things as called probability in pwi, nopes. If there is a chance that something will not happen, the probability in pwi is close to 1 for that, i am just thankful for what i get.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I used to grind spiders... then I took an arrow to the knee

You shouldn't have been cleaning your bow when it was loaded.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga