No Double Drops For Grinders

Options
amandisha74
amandisha74 Posts: 2 Arc User
edited December 2011 in General Discussion
Am I the only one that is getting the same default 0-3 item drop from regular mobs. The way I understand dbl drops is.

a. it doesn't double the chance <probability>of a drop.
b. It DOES dbl the amount of loot in the drop.

So dbl drops means the default 0-3 possible drops becomes 0-6 possible drops, notice the 0 in each instance.

However I have yet to see a loot pile with more then the default 0-3.

Anybody else notice this.??

AS a side note it's interesting that dbl dq points are on but dbl drops are not. It would be an effective way to keep people happy at the same time not allowing them any actual game funds.

And
Yes I do realize all the dungeons are dbl as they normaly would be during dbl drops. Its standard mobs on the world map that are NOT dbl.
Post edited by amandisha74 on

Comments

• Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Am I the only one that is getting the same default 0-3 item drop from regular mobs. The way I understand dbl drops is.

a. it doesn't double the chance <probability>of a drop.
    b. It DOES dbl the amount of loot in the drop.

So dbl drops means the default 0-3 possible drops becomes 0-6 possible drops, notice the 0 in each instance.

However I have yet to see a loot pile with more then the default 0-3.

Anybody else notice this.??

AS a side note it's interesting that dbl dq points are on but dbl drops are not. It would be an effective way to keep people happy at the same time not allowing them any actual game funds.

And
    Yes I do realize all the dungeons are dbl as they normaly would be during dbl drops. Its standard mobs on the world map that are NOT dbl.

Grinding on spiders, I'm able to get around 90-100 DQ drops in around an hour. With 2x off, I get around 25-40 in an hour.

So... I don't really know where you are coming from here.

Are you expecting to whack a mob with a stick and have a huge pile of candy pop out?
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    ^ lol and to add to that... i've seen mobs drop 6 even 7 things (regular mobs mind u) with 2X OFF. rare but it happens.
  • amandisha74
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Grinding on spiders, I'm able to get around 90-100 DQ drops in around an hour. With 2x off, I get around 25-40 in an hour.

So... I don't really know where you are coming from here.

Are you expecting to whack a mob with a stick and have a huge pile of candy pop out?

You took up alot of real estate on the page to not answer the question.. let me say it again real slow.

have you seen loot beyond the normal 0-3 possible per mob..

YES or NO
  • amandisha74
    edited December 2011
    Options
    ^ lol and to add to that... i've seen mobs drop 6 even 7 things (regular mobs mind u) with 2X OFF. rare but it happens.

not possible without hax, better be careful what you say. REG mobs have no chance to drop beyond 3 normaly and 6 during dbl drops
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2011
    Options
    well then the game screwed up cause i've seen it..... granted i could count teh times on my two hands.... but still.

And to answer your question yes i've had mobs drop more then 3 drop this 2X.
  • Lillemy - Sanctuary
    Lillemy - Sanctuary Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    not possible without hax, better be careful what you say. REG mobs have no chance to drop beyond 3 normaly and 6 during dbl drops

Not true
  • CRYSTY_III - Sanctuary
    CRYSTY_III - Sanctuary Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I can say that the drop rate table its not the same anymore(nerfed) in PWI since the game started and was on its glory in 2008-2009 ,

but

since the event 2x drops its turned on i can say i got better drops chance from mobs anywhere in PWI world (i do divine quests with normal mobs, i do normal 60-70 lvl quests in Swamps- im old fashion lol) and i can confirm that i get better drops amount per ,lets say ..30 minute (during a quest )

The event with double drops means that the default drop rate is increased with 100% , means , if the mob had 5% chance to drop silk , now the mob has the probability to drop the silk with 10% chance .. so its still a chance and not a 100% probability .. ALSO with this event in PWI there is a probability for "CLONED" (DQ) drops.
    I hope im not wrong , some1 pls confirm this :)

I got few times 5 drops from mobs BUT it was different drops.. 3 DQ , 1 coins, 1 gear .. not all the same , without the 2x event i couldnt get these all from same mob.

Test again but make sure you are on the same lvl with the mob or maximum 2 lvl higher.
    With every 2 lvl higher ( i mean on 3rd) you 'enter' on another drop rate
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] srry about my english, im sure you'll get the point what im trying to say b:chuckleb:bye
    Happy Holidays ! b:victory
  • amandisha74
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I should have mentioned this in the op, I did notice a significant increase in drops for perhaps the first 24-48 hours. I'm taling about recently.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    You took up alot of real estate on the page to not answer the question.. let me say it again real slow.

YES or NO

Wow. Take a ****ing Xanex.

Here, let me answer your question.

YES.

Happy?
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • HadesHound - Raging Tide
    HadesHound - Raging Tide Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options

YES or NO
    She DID answer you.

Yeah... I suspect you havent a clue what your talking about, because I have seen it myself.

From what I have seen, the x2 is working just fine. Could it be you want every monster to turn into a giant, colorful piniata?
    *hands you a stick*
    Since you already got a blindfold on, I think your all ready to take on a mob or two... I hear they got some real nice mobs up around Fortress of the Talon. Feel around for the ones that throw the big rocks. If you can pin a tail on it, you get x3 drops!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's not the years that matter, it's the milage that has true meaning. Do not spend your life trying to walk a mile in someone else's shoes. Walk the best path you can, and enjoy that journey.
    And ladies... Save a cowboy, ride a brony!
  • amandisha74
    edited December 2011
    Options
    here is a link for you people claiming that you have 7 drops on a mob.

Unless I don't understand reg mobs have one cycle.

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/drop

Do some research.
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Ah... a book worm. Fine your smart. Book smart, but are you game smart?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's not the years that matter, it's the milage that has true meaning. Do not spend your life trying to walk a mile in someone else's shoes. Walk the best path you can, and enjoy that journey.
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2011
    Options
    here is a link for you people claiming that you have 7 drops on a mob.

Unless I don't understand reg mobs have one cycle.

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/drop

Do some research.

Why the hell would i have to do any research to tell you what I and one other already have told you. Mobs CAN drop like 6 drops at once w/o 2X on....... I've seen it, the other guy's seen it. Granted i could count the times on my hands one time for the # of times it's happened but it DOES happen.

As for 2X atm.. ya it's working..... my sin can get like 300k in an hour. You're not hitting mobs over a 3 lvl difference are you? cause then drops start to suck more.... btw post on your main so we can see who's saying we dont' know what we're talking about.b:bye

Edit: btw... mob drops have never been DOUBLE in 2X...... u just have a double CHANCE to get the drops..... so.... instead of the "roulette wheel" going to 0% on drop A and B more often, now u got a double chance for it to ding and u GET drop A and B... bah idk maybe someone else can explain it better. The only things that have ever actualyl been double are dungeon bosses.

So ya i guess in a way you're right, we don't have DOUBLE DROPS on reg mobs...... but if u go grind for half an hour (and if u actually remember what u got in 30 min b4 2X started), you'll see you're getting double the amount give or take in TOTAL drops...
  • DeepAqua - Heavens Tear
    DeepAqua - Heavens Tear Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    You are probably killing elites that have more then one cycle or you killed two mobs and they landed in the same pile.
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2011
    Options
    heh? who u talking to Deep? lol
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Dbl drops does NOT increase chance it increases amount. That is why TT solo and Nirvy are always dbl cuz it's a Guaranteed drop in normal.

TT<solo> 3 things always drop normal... dbl 6 things always drop

Nirvy 1 thing execpt last boss.. during dbl 2 things last boss 4 things.

It dbls the drop once it has been calculated normaly.
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2011
    Options
    um ya i know that... i meant your last post who u talking to? IF u were talking to me i gues you didnt' read very clearly... or i wasnt' clear ENOUGH....

I said it's a chance on REGULAR MOBS.. unless i'm playing a diff game then the rest of u..... reg mobs dont' have a set # of drops each kill...... hell sometimes u get nothing. With 2X on u get more of a chance to get drops but it's still random. Hence the looking at your TOTAL after half an hour.

And if u were talking to me before, i know the freaking difference between a reg mob and elites thnx..... In fact i remember specifically one time recently. It was http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/mob/7049

and there's 3 in a little spot that pop in EXACTLY the same place... so no 2 didnt' freaking drop on top of each other either. one dropped 5 or 6 drops. and 2X wasn't on.
    edited December 2011
    Options
    um ya i know that... i meant your last post who u talking to?

I am the OP diff avitar
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2011
    Options
    o.............

Edit: lol thought u said something else... so your'e the OP huh? I was expecting this thread to be from some lvl 10 noob that doesnt' know how drops work, not a 100 SIN.

And just looked at your achievements... doesnt' look like u got to 100 in a week or some **** so u had to have actualyl played the game..... b:avoid

And holy christ you're one hell of a guild jumper huh?
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Dbl drops does NOT increase chance it increases amount. That is why TT solo and Nirvy are always dbl cuz it's a Guaranteed drop in normal.

TT<solo> 3 things always drop normal... dbl 6 things always drop

Nirvy 1 thing execpt last boss.. during dbl 2 things last boss 4 things.

It dbls the drop once it has been calculated normaly.

Double drops does not mean it doubles the amount of things you get. That's why you can still get normal drop amounts on some mobs. It's double on things that have a guaranteed drop because there is no question as to whether or not it will drop. 100% x 2=200%. So two items. All 2x drops means is that the drop counter for mobs runs twice.

Which is why you sometimes will get a normal drop

(first counter=0, second counter=1 dq item and some coin)

Total: One dq item, small amount of coin= 1 drops plus coins

sometimes get a lot of drops

(first counter=3 plus one additional drop [lets pretend it's a common amber shard for the sake of argument] second counter=3),

Total: 6 dq items, 1 common amber shard=7 drops

and sometimes nothing at all

(first counter=0, second counter=0).

Total: No drops gained

Since the counter runs twice, in instances that have a 100% drop rate the counter would look like this (first counter=1, second counter=1) every time. Because that counter is always guaranteed to be one.

edit: And yes, sometimes people get 7 items. This is because some mobs (like the spiders clerics like to grind on near avalanche village ) have a chance to drop one additional items. I don't know if the second counter also runs the additional drop table, but under that circumstance the max drops possible would be 8. A counter of 3 + 1 additional drop.

An example of a mob with additional drops can be found here:
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/mob/11164
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2011
    Options
    ^ what she said.. the onyl thing that actualyl doubles EVERY kill is dungeon bosses. but you know this you said it.

But loking at what Venus said i'm trying to figure out how in the hell I (and others) have had the random and rare as hell single NORMAL mob drop 5 or 6 things w/o 2X. If it's 0-3 drops w/o 2X on..... that should be impossible right? lmao meh not like that little (sidetracked) point matters.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    ^ what she said.. the onyl thing that actualyl doubles EVERY kill is dungeon bosses. but you know this you said it.

But loking at what Venus said i'm trying to figure out how in the hell I (and others) have had the random and rare as hell single NORMAL mob drop 5 or 6 things w/o 2X. If it's 0-3 drops w/o 2X on..... that should be impossible right? lmao meh not like that little (sidetracked) point matters.

Additional drop table. I'm actually not 100% certain if a coin drop is a separate thing, considering coin isn't on the table in the database. At any rate, what you're probably seeing is 4 items plus coins? That would be what sense in the database if coin drop is calculated separately. But I'm not really certain. At any rate 4 drops+1 coin drop would be five items. The money is separated in the database...hmmm...that's probably it then. b:chuckle

Was what you were seeing things like pumpkinhead pills, armor, and common shards?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
    edited December 2011
    Options
    o.............

Edit: lol thought u said something else... so your'e the OP huh? I was expecting this thread to be from some lvl 10 noob that doesnt' know how drops work, not a 100 SIN.

And just looked at your achievements... doesnt' look like u got to 100 in a week or some **** so u had to have actualyl played the game..... b:avoid

And holy christ you're one hell of a guild jumper huh?

^ kinda says it all about the OP right here...

Ok, unless there are any others here why actually have intelligent questions to ask, I say the subject is pretty much settled.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aldryami - Sanctuary
    Aldryami - Sanctuary Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Concerning normal mobs dropping lots of items when 2x isn't activated:

I get that alot when I activate "lucky mob mode" at Duke Blacke. (The one where it says to kill mobs of a certain element).

I also get double drops from crafting apothecaries when Duke Black activates "apothecary lucky mode."

It doesn't happen every time but enough to be noticeable. Did you guys talk to the Duke before killing those mobs? Or maybe there are other things in the game that can activate "lucky mode"
  • magicsabre
    magicsabre Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Concerning normal mobs dropping lots of items when 2x isn't activated:

I get that alot when I activate "lucky mob mode" at Duke Blacke. (The one where it says to kill mobs of a certain element).

I also get double drops from crafting apothecaries when Duke Black activates "apothecary lucky mode."

It doesn't happen every time but enough to be noticeable. Did you guys talk to the Duke before killing those mobs? Or maybe there are other things in the game that can activate "lucky mode"

AoE mobs and take more items from group than from 1 mob.

You can make 3x drop, 4x drop, even 10x drop (if you have enough mobs around).
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I think you just got, well, lucky :) Still, I admit, I haven't seen an analysis of the duke's lucky-mob rumours, the way his refining rumours were dispelled.

Anyhow - the easiest way to convince yourself that 2x drops are working is to go grind lower level mobs for a bit. Normally they'd drop almost nothing for you at a higher level; with double drops on they drop reasonably often. (I'm not talking killing antelopes at level 100, but grinding something level 80 for a bit)
  • Bunella - Harshlands
    Bunella - Harshlands Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    ^ kinda says it all about the OP right here...

Ok, unless there are any others here why actually have intelligent questions to ask, I say the subject is pretty much settled.

Well, not quite settled, we still need the, after 2x drops are finished, discussion about o m g they nerfed the 1x drops...... didn't they?? That way we stick to our tradition of these two discussions with each 2x event b:chuckle
    edited December 2011
    Options
    K to simplify the whole deal without numbers or lucky modes or whatever.

I have been around awile and seen many double drops events, this one SEEMS broken, or OFF. was just trying to get a feel for anybody else feeling the same effects compared to events in the past.
  • Sukinee - Heavens Tear
    Sukinee - Heavens Tear Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I've noticed an increase in drops b:surrender

Are you grinding on mobs your level? Which mobs are you grinding on?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Member of Nocturne and Hikari...spread the light be nice to others!

"I conform to non-conformity." Join date: November 2008 :D
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Grinding brim as usual, drops are more than satisfying, a lot more than without 2x, maybe some people are just more lucky than others, go figure.