BM, Fist, LA questions

CarefulIBite - Raging Tide
CarefulIBite - Raging Tide Posts: 45 Arc User
edited December 2011 in Blademaster
I'm wanting to make a BM that uses LA and Fists. My stats idea is 3 str/4 dex/3 vit every 2 levels. Would this be a good idea or would it be better to use the 3 vit points and put them into str and/or dex?

I'm wanting only LA and fists so do not tell me i should be going HA I know what im doing. Also any gear suggestions?

Last is it possible for a BM to get 5APS like a sin?
Post edited by CarefulIBite - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Niteshadows - Harshlands
    Niteshadows - Harshlands Posts: 583 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    going full LA is bad imo. 1. u lack the defense that will save ur *** and make u a good tank. 2. the stats ur using is just plain noobism, u need str for fist dmg not dex. 3. just roll a sin lol

to answer ur last question, yes bm's can reach 5 aps. but the build ur using for ur bm is sure to run into a deadend.
    Do you hate me? Good, that makes for an adequate conversation starter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pytharia - Lost City
    Pytharia - Lost City Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited December 2011

Asking a question like this and then saying you know what your doing with a terrible build suggest you really have no idea what you're doing. Please stop and don't go LA, you can wear HA and LA with the normal build 3 str 2 dex. Str gives bms our damage, you'll have crappy defence with LA and not be able to do any damage, with low str.
  • X_Rays - Sanctuary
    X_Rays - Sanctuary Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I'm wanting to make a BM that uses LA and Fists. My stats idea is 3 str/4 dex/3 vit every 2 levels. Would this be a good idea or would it be better to use the 3 vit points and put them into str and/or dex?

I'm wanting only LA and fists so do not tell me i should be going HA I know what im doing. Also any gear suggestions?

It depends on what you want to do. If you mainly PVE, then LA build is a big no-no. In PVP, it depends on who you fight against. Against high dex characters like archers and sins, LA pure dex fist BMs can still stand a chance. It is better to dodge an attack completely than reduce the attack's damage. However against casters, LA builds will be destroyed. Conclusion: do not go LA.
  • CarefulIBite - Raging Tide
    edited December 2011
    Asking a question like this and then saying you know what your doing with a terrible build suggest you really have no idea what you're doing. Please stop and don't go LA, you can wear HA and LA with the normal build 3 str 2 dex. Str gives bms our damage, you'll have crappy defence with LA and not be able to do any damage, with low str.

What i mean by i know what im doing is i am going to go LA no matter what so i know that i will be going LA.

Also so far no helpful info has been posted. Still looking for help.
  • X_Rays - Sanctuary
    X_Rays - Sanctuary Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    You should have minimum strength for fist, and rest all into dex. Or you can put some vitality now but restat later when you can afford better refines. Just wear standard light armor of your level. Use physical belt and necklace because it'll make your overall defense balanced after magic marrow. You should still bring a low level axe in the inventory just for drake's bash. Also I suggest you go demon because your only fighting style is 5aps, so chi is not a problem. You should also have a bow in the inventory in case your enemy runs away from you.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I know what im doing.
    LOL
    Also any gear suggestions?

Yep, HA. And you are shooting that down with your flawless logic.
    It is better to dodge an attack completely than reduce the attack's damage.

Evading is better than being hit, but considering everyone has 50% accuracy rings this build won't change his odds of being hit. Evasion is already outmatched by accuracy because everyone uses accuracy rings, and casters never miss. It isn't a high dex build, its a high vit, low strength build.
    What i mean by i know what im doing is i am going to go LA no matter what so i know that i will be going LA.

Also so far no helpful info has been posted. Still looking for help.

Then why ask our opinion if you don't want our advice? You asked, we said its a bad idea.

Yes, BM's can be 5 aps "like sins". Actually, we have the easier time getting there because our 5 aps claws are 35 mil and a sins 5 aps daggers are 220 mil, and claws already attack -.1 faster.

But you don't seem to care about damage, anyways, because you're getting rid of the stat that increases claw damage. Which is good because your nerfing the hp and defense out of your build and won't want to tank. Sure, you gain 22.5 hp per level by adding 1.5 vit instead of putting that towards strength and HA. But HA refines better than LA and you'll be giving up hundreds to thousands of hp for that 22.5. Smart move.

Every 150 strength is 1 damage multiplier for claws (basically 100% more weapon damage) and you are removing about 300 from your build at level 100. Defensively, you'll get alot less from bloodpaint and be weakened because your damage is so poor.

Lastly, you won't be able to use current level axes. Supah' pro.

I'm guessing you're trying to make a cheap farming char using your avatar's gear? An LA veno? It's possible, but it won't be impressive and would be more of a joke.

So there's an analysis. If you go full LA, you're all set to make a sin later because you'll have the gear for a class that can make better use of it. Go tt99 HA ornaments, when you do. But on a BM, you'll have sad damage, sad hp, and sad defense.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Aasaf - Sanctuary
    Aasaf - Sanctuary Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Everyone here is assuming you are going demon, if you go sage, let us know, build changes.

As others have said, might not be what you want to hear. To reach 5 aps without tome, you need the following recipe.

2 TT 99 LA pieces
    2 TT 99 HA pieces
    Nirvana 2nd cast leg
    Int robe
    -0.1 int weapon

Once you fulfill the above you are 5aps as a bm (unless i missed something). If you have a pangu or love up down you can replace them for your 2 TT 99 HA pieces and be truly LA(unless i missed something, still not super sure about int calculations).

As people have mentioned before, might have more use of a sin with this gear than a BM, but your character, your choice. Do remember most of these items are bound and cost a few million, so will be a few hundred real dollars or a few hundred million game coins lost if you don't want the build. Lvling will take time as well, and not sure how well this bm will do in vana if that is the intended purpose.

In tt just make sure not to steal agro, otherwise you know why people complain about sins stealing agro and a few seconds later they are flat on the ground. I don't do PVP. As Sakubatou you won't be able to use axes at your lvl, that means you'll probably end up using calamity axes if you have the str for it. Won't be able to go for tt99/100/vana/r9 axes. But you said it was a fist bm and not an all path bm, so that shouldn't matter.

Personally this character will not be able to do much in terms of other instances, unless you give more details on where, how you want to use the bm.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited December 2011

Is there a particular reason for this, or "just becauz"?
  • Taiako - Dreamweaver
    Taiako - Dreamweaver Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I'm currently 1.5str/vit 2dex per level fist build, and it's not that bad. Certainly more survivability than my 5 base vit level 70 BM, and almost as much HP already.

Though note that I do have 8 BMs and I like to test random builds out, and I'm not a PvPer, nor competitive in any way.

Here's a tip though, OP: Posting builds that aren't popular that you're going to "do anyway" will get you lots more hate than help. I know, it's pretty immature to take a game serious to the point of insulting anyone that don't play to win(their way too, no less), but it happens often. Not just here either. It's best just to ignore them. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ladyhellcatq - Dreamweaver
    Ladyhellcatq - Dreamweaver Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    If you are not taking it serious then you can do anything an it doesnt matter- no need to ask for help.

My suggestion is to have the minimal amount of dex to use your claws an light armor. All the rest should go towards strength so that you have good damage. With demon bell and proper use of marrows, your defense won't really suck as bad as everyone makes it out to be. I wouldn't advise any vit. They make gems an refines for that stuff.
  • Taiako - Dreamweaver
    Taiako - Dreamweaver Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    If you are not taking it serious then you can do anything an it doesnt matter- no need to ask for help.
    It doesn't hurt to find out how the game works, even if you aren't competitive. You don't have to have a reason to inquire about it. Whatever makes you have fun, right? It's a game after all. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BladedZero - Sanctuary
    BladedZero - Sanctuary Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    So I'd figure you wouldn't listen to these guys since they're pretty blunt about it. However Sakubatou is right in everything he says, so reread what he said without taking it too harshly. Also I'm around half LA because I'm supply stashing most of my gears between characters. I however plan to farm a completely new set compared to what I'm using right now to do higher instances.

The curent LA Gears I'm using are the TT99 wristguards + boots and double casted ashura leggings. They work in that they get me 5APS and I have no problem in nirvana (but how hard is it to time HF and spark macro?). However in solo play and higher instances you start realizing how much you've gimped yourself. The HP refines are **** and the elemental bonuses are hardly noticeable. Fortunately with these gears I'll have 3 characters able to farm the **** out of nirvana next 2x, and I'll completely rework my BM into lunar HA. If you're persistent on going this route, I'd suggest just the boots and bracers at most for the easy interval and I've never liked the evasion ornaments.
  • Pytharia - Lost City
    Pytharia - Lost City Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    ^ LA Wrists and Boots and the ONLY LA you should ever use on a bm, well not exactly there are minor exceptions like level 60 -.1 wrists are nice for aps before level 90 or even 99.
  • CarefulIBite - Raging Tide
    edited December 2011
    Is there a particular reason for this, or "just becauz"?

Mainly just because. A very small portion of it though is that I'm poor and don't have the money to afford the HA elite stuff but already own the LA elite stuff.

To the rest of you me asking if bm's could get 5aps was simpily a question i assumed they could but wasn't sure. It does not mean I'm going aps bm although atm i dont see any reason not to.
  • Zaradon - Heavens Tear
    Zaradon - Heavens Tear Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    http://pwcalc.com/c3e03d975affaf86

I dont know, BM class is pretty much mean't for Heavy, but if you want to try LA then try to keep your dodge rate and magic resist as high as possible.

Altought you can say goodbye to damage.

Bow's wont work out well - BM's are always capped to 20m range, so if you're thinking on HS or Regenesis, bad idea (for a demon atleast)

Stick to Heavy, if you still wanna go full dex - even then stick to HA.

My cents.
  • BladedZero - Sanctuary
    edited December 2011
    Mainly just because. A very small portion of it though is that I'm poor and don't have the money to afford the HA elite stuff but already own the LA elite stuff.

To the rest of you me asking if bm's could get 5aps was simpily a question i assumed they could but wasn't sure. It does not mean I'm going aps bm although atm i dont see any reason not to.

If you're going to recycle gear, that's fine, but please just run a HA build and use the 99+ LA as a stepping stone to your main build. Unless the elite gears you're talking about are under 99, then you should just go full HA. Honestly TT90 is like super cheap x.x
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    If you go Sage on a BM, IIRC, there's no way to get to 5.0 base. 4.0 base is the max, and you're stuck with either Deicides, or G13 claws.

Not exactly lame, you're still permasparked, but...

I'm somewhat in the opposite boat. I have lots of HA, and am thinking about making a HA Sin just for lols. HA Fist Sin. Everyone says it's a fail idea. IDK, I haven't tried it yet.

I personally will be doing HA on my BM. But, at this point, my BM has been at 10k HP since level 80, and I've been tanking/pulling FCC since 85. It's one thing to stealth and run through all the mobs, poke a Shade in the eye, and another to collect up all the mobs and pile-drive them all into the ground with an FCC Gold axe.

But then, hardly anyone wants to actually play this game anymore, they want to make money, get to 105, be the best PKer, or whatever. >_> I just wanna play...
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Zaradon - Heavens Tear
    Zaradon - Heavens Tear Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Get full interval gear set, TT100 fists. required str just for Heavy, Demon chill of the Deep, jones blessing and Frenzy on your Genie and you are 85-80 atk lvl with 5 aps sparked.
  • BladedZero - Sanctuary
    edited December 2011
    Get full interval gear set, TT100 fists. required str just for Heavy, Demon chill of the Deep, jones blessing and Frenzy on your Genie and you are 85-80 atk lvl with 5 aps sparked.

I don't know why you're posting a HA sin build here O.o
  • Seamen - Dreamweaver
    Seamen - Dreamweaver Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    This is why I don't post my 5 aps sage build bc ppl just come and try to **** on it. But I really don't care bc I can duo nirvana just fine w a sin. So let them talk bc they can't duo like me :)
  • BladedZero - Sanctuary
    edited December 2011
    If you go Sage on a BM, IIRC, there's no way to get to 5.0 base. 4.0 base is the max, and you're stuck with either Deicides, or G13 claws.

Cyclone Heel, how did you think sage bms get into Nirvana o.o?

Also Sage HA sin is fine if you're short on cash, but the moment that other sin is able to permaspark the difference in damage between fist and daggers becomes stupidly noticeable. The sage HA build is mostly for stuff like soloing FCC and what not.
  • Seamen - Dreamweaver
    Seamen - Dreamweaver Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Cyclone Heel, how did you think sage bms get into Nirvana o.o?

Also Sage HA sin is fine if you're short on cash, but the moment that other sin is able to permaspark the difference in damage between fist and daggers becomes stupidly noticeable. The sage HA build is mostly for stuff like soloing FCC and what not.

Well I believe the reason also for some that they do not go sage is because they need a tome for 5 aps. And that costs alot and more to work for
  • ihatebrunomars
    ihatebrunomars Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Well la bms do have slightly higher crit rate...
    Well la bms do have higher magic defense...
    Nah, don't really matter.

Really not trying to put you down. It's just that being Light Armor has no advantages at all. Coming from a guy who has played since the start and leveled an Archer to level 82 the old fashioned questing way. Even with the higher crit rate, the base damage of an HA will always overpower it because the average 100 bm doesn't get any more then 20% lol.

If you have money problems, go merchant.

If you wanna be LA, go be a sin.

But if you wanna be LA, just go 3 str 2 dex. You will not get aggro with a sin in the squad with your low attack power lol.

Lastly, if you said you know what your doing, why are you asking for advice?
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Well la bms do have slightly higher crit rate...
    Well la bms do have higher magic defense...
    Nah, don't really matter.

Really not trying to put you down. It's just that being Light Armor has no advantages at all. Coming from a guy who has played since the start and leveled an Archer to level 82 the old fashioned questing way. Even with the higher crit rate, the base damage of an HA will always overpower it because the average 100 bm doesn't get any more then 20% lol.

If you have money problems, go merchant.

If you wanna be LA, go be a sin.

But if you wanna be LA, just go 3 str 2 dex. You will not get aggro with a sin in the squad with your low attack power lol.

Lastly, if you said you know what your doing, why are you asking for advice?

Well la bms do have slightly higher crit rate... She's not talking about adding anything more to dex than a normal fist/axe BM. She's wanting to add to vitality instead of strength and use LA because she doesn't have the strength for HA. So no, she wouldn't have more crit.

Well la bms do have higher magic defense... Not really. LA BMs are more likely to use double physical ornaments to cover the pdef difference since they're a melee class. HA BMs have more of a variation in their ornies. Some still use double physical ornies because about 95% of the attacks we take are physical. Others realize how weak we are to mdef and use double mdef. Most use 1 pdef and 1 mdef, and that one mdef ornament will refine to cover the difference between the HA and LA build.

the average 100 bm doesn't get any more then 20% And I think the average 100+ Bm has around 23% crit rate. Mine has 27%.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory